IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the rumors are blowing up tonight in Indiana! I pray this is it and they make an announcement before this week is up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers for the girls families that an arrest is made soon and that their families survive this tragedy.

Meant to say the perp got onto bridge from the north, walked south towards the girls and abducted them off the bridge on the south end. Girls may have ran across creek.and he caught them on the hill where he attacked them.

I need some sleep. My head and heart for these girls families. My eyes are so strained from trying to keep up here. Hope we get word soon of an iron-clad arrest of BG. [emoji99]

Man the rumors are blowing up tonight in Indiana! I pray this is it and they make an announcement before this week is up!!!

Any mains stream media links you could connect us to would be highly appreciated as we sit here and look at hiking boots!

Bingo! My friend was sleeping in a facility of a public park when she was raped/murdered. She had ran away from home.

True but sooo sad. Sorry about your friend that's truly horrific, the poor petal.

IMO not really. There's a big difference between submitting a tip to the FBI tipline, which is private and posting photos and accusations on your social media. I think LE is simply trying to encourage people to refrain from propagating false information. For that matter why would anyone decide to publicly post someone's photo and make accusations? Why not just submit their suspicions to LE?

There is no difference.

You either see the guy or you don't.

Police think it fine to report it to them..............

...........but find it possibly libelous to share with your friends.

That is ridiculous.

Miscellaneous thoughts, all MOO:

1) I don't think BG or the victims are dressed inappropriately for the weather. Low 40's is a temperature that midwesterners adjust their outerwear for, especially teenagers. BG looks to be wearing a light jacket over the hoodie, certainly appropriate for such temperatures. Abby is in a light jacket only, not uncommon at all for someone her age in such temps. I don't at all think this is an indicator that BG isn't local. In fact, I would say it indicates he's used to this climate. Keep in mind also that BG may have been planning to be outside longer than just a couple hours, and the temps drop quickly in the evening here.

2. Springtime in Indiana means soft/wet ground, especially in an area with water. It is logical to think LE was able to locate at least some footprints suitable for casting. Knowing the footwear isn't enough to identify a killer in and of itself, but it could be another valuable clue to help distinguish the countless guys that look like BG in wardrobe, size, and stature.

3. Last year, we had a teen in our town leave a suicide note. Within two hours of entering the house (he wasn't inside), LE had completed a very detailed forensic analysis of his computer, providing much information. With the amount of horsepower LE has assigned to this case, I think it's safe to assume they had every ounce of information from all electronic devices in short order. I recognize there are messaging apps that don't provide information easily and that a perp could watch SM anonymously, but if this was a catfishing ruse, MOO is that LE would be aware of that early on.

4. MOO is that BG is extremely familiar with the area. It isn't a place someone just happens upon, and given the state of disrepair the bridge is in, it's unlikely a person unfamiliar with it would just waltz across it. I also wonder how long the horrific events lasted. It is pretty dark here by 6:30 this time of year, and a person unfamiliar with the area would likely struggle to find his away around in the darkness. Look how many people are struggling with location/direction in the area with the various maps that have been posted.

5. In one of the videos I watched regarding the area around the bridge, I observed a couple of areas similar to a viaduct of sorts. It's the type of configuration I have observed homeless people use a makeshift place to live. I'll try to find it again and post pics. Personally, in MOO, I don't believe he's homeless or a drifter, but if he is, he may have holed up in such an area.

6. MOO is that LE has DNA results if they are collecting from others. The most concerning thing in this regard is that it implies there is no match in the database. If true, that is terrifying.

Hi all, great job brainstorming. It's crazy because i've been a police officer and investigated crimes in a different way but the web is so interesting. I found myself checking facebook posts from Delphi Indiana prior to the crime. It's amazing when you look for certain things you can find them. I actually found myself going through profiles and locating men that have been photographed wearing a blue coat and living nearby. I truly hope they catch this monster soon. Does Delphi require fishing licenses to fish in the creeks etc in the area? I feel he may have knowledge of the area and possibly has fished there.

Wait...rewind. You were checking Delphi PRIOR to the crime? Why?

I agree that one man could've controlled both girls alone but I still think it's possible more were involved. These girls weren't confined in a building like most of your examples. They were out in the wide open with trees scattered here and there. Judging from the images we've seen of the taped off crime scene, it appears a lot of ground was covered during the crime. We don't know if the girls went along willingly or if they ran different directions using trees for cover. IMO there's too much we don't know to be certain only BG is responsible.

I'm actually a bit surprised that we haven't had more discussions on possible accomplices since LE is still being careful to put that possibility out there.

There could have been 85 of them! My point is that one person can control more than one victim at a time. I have seen it posted about 400 times in these threads that there MUST be more than one person, because one of these girls was big. That's so ridiculous.

I googled gunman several hostages and linked the first 3. If I need to show evidence and google where more than one person was controlled by one gunman out in the open, like a robbery or a kidnapping or something, I can. Or it can just be understood that one gun can control multiple people.

EDIT--- I am from New Orleans, so there is rarely a crime I can't site off the top of my head. Here is one that is very horrible and graphic, so be warned. This guy took this couple ( a man and a woman) from a parking garage and raped them both. Guns and love of another human that you don't want harmed have a way of creating a whole lot of compliance.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/12/euric_cain_accused_of_kidnappi.html

And we walked uphill to school in the cold both ways........................I'll see myself out......hahahaha

Full disclosure I'm only 35 lol

OT

At least most kids these days werent forced to wear these black buckled rubber Golashes over their shoes on snowy days. :) LOL

I remember many tears flowing as I was fighting with Mom as I was forced to wear these.

It was bad enough getting them on but you couldnt get them off either. LOL

https://www.google.com/search?q=bla...&imgdii=mH7KlTHsRvAk9M:&imgrc=z5_DcNyFbYK86M:

There is no difference.

You either see the guy or you don't.

Police think it fine to report it to them..............

...........but find it possibly libelous to share with your friends.

That is ridiculous.

Once you type it, it's on the internet for good.

When you send in a tip only you and LE know about it.

I see a huge difference.

I've looked into these cases and I really don't want to come across as insensitive or anything, but those girls really seem like cases of run-aways.

They may have left their homes voluntarily, but that doesn't mean thy haven't met with foul play in the mean time...

A few thoughts (sorry for the length, just thinking):

1. Several threads ago there was a post about a helicopter video and possibly tire tracks that led from a building towards the creek. Does anyone remember this? What was the building - Indiana Packers facility or the storage facility?
2. Can someone re-post the map that showed the bridge, drop-off area, where bodies were found, etc along with labels indicating what surrounding buildings are? If it is a private residence, just state that - do not include the name of the owner.
3. Many past crimes (including NY's Son of Sam) were solved, in part, due to parking/traffic tickets. I'm wondering if investigators have looked at any calls over the last several months (even going back a year) that may have involved a car seemingly parked where it seemed out of place, was parked for a longer period of time or at "off" hours, someone driving around that didn't seem to have a purpose or that someone else reported as suspicious, etc. Even maybe public drinking. BG may have spent time scoping out the area for months before getting up the nerve to strike. The search for this type of info should also include any surrounding areas that could be similar (parks, trails, etc) that may still be within his comfort zone.

Also, someone awhile back made a VERY good point people may think someone they know or have come in contact with resembles the suspect and may have even "joked" about it with him or that the suspect himself may have joked about it but that people "ruled him out" because he claimed he had an alibi. Something like - "It's a good thing my wife and I were in (blank) that day or I swear the police would think it was me." This may cause people to not report him to LE because they think he's already "clear".

I would love to see LE encourage people to report ANYONE that think resembles this guy EVEN IF THE GUY CLAIMS HE HAS AN ALIBI!

#1 was me. I will find the post number and thread. There were also some REALLy good maps by Bob in that same time frame.

This reminder lands at random: ALL images must be accompanied by a link to the original source so as not to violate any copyight laws (or WS rules :)). Thanks!

"Unfortunately, in this case, I've seen where people are putting a photo next to our suspect's photo and saying, ‘Hey, this is the guy,' " Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said.

But the police will act on a tip over the phone with the same wording......"Hey, this is the guy."

Bit of a double standard here.

It's definitely not a double standard. It's the job of law enforcement to investigate and rule out a suspect. It's irresponsible for the general public to defame an innocent person online.

Way back when I found the road that went under the southern end of the bridge, I proposed that it looked like the girls may have been taken from there which would give them an easier access to cross to the other side where they were found.

Now that it is a viable theory, I further propose that they didn't go down the hill near the bridge since they could easily have been seen but that they were taken further up the road or through the trees to around the bend to where they were closer to the creek and then went down the hill and crossed there out of view of anyone on the bridge to the area below the cemetery. The creek is narrower there too.

Sorry I don't know how to do a map but you could google a map to see or maybe a map person will bring one in with this proposal.

I find this rather difficult to type.

Early on I thought he took them across the creek at a shallow spot or they tried to escape him via the creek.
Am now thinking that he possibly had a van/vehicle at the south end of the bridge.
Passed the girls as he was heading north.
Checked things out...creeped out the girls...as he appeared from nowhere.
About faced...and this is when the girls got suspicious and Libby filmed him.
Took them in the van to somewhere with less chance of someone coming down the road.
Had possibly cased out the area ahead of time and knew how isolated the cemetery area was.

I believe Libby was not only a hero for filming him and recording the audio but believe she fought with her life for her friend.

I don't believe he would chance the north end of the bridge as they could have run into anyone out hiking or even their ride looking for them.

Any way one looks at it the result is unfortunately always the same. A profound sadness.

Rest easy young ones.

JMO

Now for that much needed glass of wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics