IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this in an article last night that leads me to believe that social media is somehow involved in the girls encountering this man: [FONT=&amp]“I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”
http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liberty-libby-german-abigail-abby-williams-delphi-indiana-girls-dead-missing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

[/FONT]

Too many posts ago to find the link, sorry ...i can't help thinking about LE alluding to the BG possible hitchhiking, where did that come from?
I wanted to discount it, it sounds mad...however are we giving the perp too much credit for being clever and he is really a transient and mentally ill?

I think it depends on what you mean by mentally ill. Most people with diagnosable mental illness are more likely to become victims of crime than to be perpetrators of crime.

I think the perp is a sexual sadist, which is technically diagnosable as part of a sadistic personality disorder, but I don't think the perp is schizophrenic or bipolar or depressed, or any other number of mental illnesses. I think he's an evil, depraved, sadistic pedophile. JMO

Yesterday afternoon one of the administrators posted that there was a 10am press conference today - I have not seen any other announcement of that. Is there another press conference scheduled? :thinking:

Yesterday afternoon one of the administrators posted that there was a 10am press conference today - I have not seen any other announcement of that. Is there another press conference scheduled? :thinking:

Not scheduled for today. Bessie (mod) posted a correction that she was in error.

No. That was an error. The article quoted was a week old and referring to the press conference last week. There is no press conference scheduled for today (at this time anyway)

Bessie's post #751 from thread 16:

Bumping my post. My apologies. I didn't realize the OP had linked the announcement from last week. As far as I know now, there is no presser tomorrow.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for any confusion my post might have caused.

Bessie

Did the fbi release a behavioral analysis on libby and abbys killer? This is the analysis on lyric and elizabeths killer.

http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html

The FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) has been involved in the case since July, 2012 and has offered it's assistance to investigators throughout the past two years. The below listed information as opinions based upon information available up until July 17, 2014 and assumes that the information provided in the case is valid and complete. Certain aspects of these opinions may be subject to modification or change, depending upon any new information that becomes available in the future.​

The following items are possible characteristics the suspect may have, however should not be considered factual and the suspect or suspects may or may not possess one or all of the characteristics described here.

• The offender most likely acted upon an opportunity to abduct Lyric and Elizabeth when they were seen in the Evansdale area.

• The offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake/Angels Park in Evansdale and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County. The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others.

• The offender likely used some form of “quiet coercion” to garner Elizabeth and Lyric’s initial compliance in leaving the park. This could have involved communication of a ruse or threats of violence.

• The offender blends in with and may be a part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities. It is unlikely that the offender is a transient or someone who was merely traveling or “passing through” the area.

• The offender may have experienced stressors in the offender’s life in the time period leading up to July 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012. These stressors may have included legal problems, psychological/mental health difficulties, conflict(s) with their significant other or spouse, employment difficulties or financial strain.

• The offender is likely following any media reports regarding the investigation but may deliberately avoid discussions with others about the case or any public display of interest about the investigation.

• The offender may have attempted abductions in the past and these attempts may have involved minor or adult victims.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the appearance of the offender’s vehicle. This may have involved cleaning the interior or exterior of the vehicle or permanently changing the appearance through painting or re-upholstery.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the offender’s physical appearance to include, changing hair style/color, growing/removing facial hair, etc.
BAU case experience indicates that the vast majority of these types of offenses are committed by one offender. However, there are cases in which more than one offender was involved in some part of the criminal act. Therefore, the public is strongly encouraged to contact law enforcement with any suspicion involving a single offender, multiple offenders or any individual they are suspicious of -- whether or not the person possesses any of the characteristics mentioned above.

Seems useless ... google the Barnum effect.

These treads are moving fast. Horses and kids mean there's no way to catch up with everything. I've not been on since people were talking about a press conference yesterday. Is there any new info.
Do you think LE will release more info soon.

Thanks for this. I wonder how closely the profile of BG will match this one?

Over the years the profiles have been criticized for being too generic. Based on reading the one for the Lyric and Elizabeth I think one for Libby and Abby would be very similar. (Except for changing the dates and removing the reference to a vehicle.)

MOO

Did the fbi release a behavioral analysis on libby and abbys killer? This is the analysis on lyric and elizabeths killer.

http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html

The FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) has been involved in the case since July, 2012 and has offered it's assistance to investigators throughout the past two years. The below listed information as opinions based upon information available up until July 17, 2014 and assumes that the information provided in the case is valid and complete. Certain aspects of these opinions may be subject to modification or change, depending upon any new information that becomes available in the future.​

The following items are possible characteristics the suspect may have, however should not be considered factual and the suspect or suspects may or may not possess one or all of the characteristics described here.

• [*]
    The offender most likely acted upon an opportunity to abduct Lyric and Elizabeth when they were seen in the Evansdale area.

• The offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake/Angels Park in Evansdale and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County. The offender specifically chose Seven Bridges Wildlife Area because of the offender’s familiarity with the area and the fact that it afforded the offender privacy needed to commit the crimes with limited risk of detection by others.

• The offender likely used some form of “quiet coercion” to garner Elizabeth and Lyric’s initial compliance in leaving the park. This could have involved communication of a ruse or threats of violence.

• The offender blends in with and may be a part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities. It is unlikely that the offender is a transient or someone who was merely traveling or “passing through” the area.

• The offender may have experienced stressors in the offender’s life in the time period leading up to July 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 2012. These stressors may have included legal problems, psychological/mental health difficulties, conflict(s) with their significant other or spouse, employment difficulties or financial strain.

• The offender is likely following any media reports regarding the investigation but may deliberately avoid discussions with others about the case or any public display of interest about the investigation.

• The offender may have attempted abductions in the past and these attempts may have involved minor or adult victims.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the appearance of the offender’s vehicle. This may have involved cleaning the interior or exterior of the vehicle or permanently changing the appearance through painting or re-upholstery.

• In the time period following July 13, 2012, the offender may have made attempts to alter the offender’s physical appearance to include, changing hair style/color, growing/removing facial hair, etc.

BAU case experience indicates that the vast majority of these types of offenses are committed by one offender. However, there are cases in which more than one offender was involved in some part of the criminal act. Therefore, the public is strongly encouraged to contact law enforcement with any suspicion involving a single offender, multiple offenders or any individual they are suspicious of -- whether or not the person possesses any of the characteristics mentioned above.

Sounds very similar to the one I created for Libby and Abby yesterday...

Here's mine.

It will be interesting to see how close I am to the actual offender once he is caught.

The killer in this case will be a White male, aged between 18 and 40 with a median age grouping at 28 years old.

He is not married or in any significant relationship.

There is a strong possibility that he lives with parents, possibly due to not having a job.

If he does work it will be at unskilled labor such as construction labor or fast food industry.

People who know him consider him unusual in manner and chances are strong that he is a drug or alcohol abuser.

He probably attempted relationships in the past but was sexually inadequate.

He may be a pedophile who took liberties with children in the past, not necessarily rape.

He is either a stranger or an acquaintance to one or both of the girls, but not a friend of the family.

He will have encountered the girls while doing normal activity such as hiking in this instance and he will have initiated contact by deception or con.

Chances are that he lives in the area or within reasonable driving distance.

He likely gained control of the girls by direct physical assault.

He will have bound the girls as a form of control and a sexual element of bondage.

Cause of death most likely strangulation.

There is a good possibility that he returned to the body disposal site, possibly as a searcher.

The murder site in 72% of these cases is within 200 feet of the body disposal site.

Something has been bugging me since day 1 of this investigation and I couldn't put it into words until now.

Everyone is looking for the guy pictured in the two stills extracted from the low resolution video. But I seriously doubt that I would be able to identify Abbie as the girl in the much higher resolution snapchat photo. In fact, I would almost certainly mis-identify her as someone else. This leads me to believe that catching this guy will never come about through comparing the photos to someone that is known.

attachment.php

Attachments

• abb.jpg
    abb.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 515
Yes, there is a creek/waterway that runs right by it that ends up in Morse Lake. The boat idea is a good one. A little jon boat could work for shallower water and could hold up to about four people normally. I've not boated in awhile so there may be others that would work better now. This could also explain the "down the hill" and my hearing a splashing sound in the recording. I may be the only one who thinks that's a splashing sound though, but it sounds just like water splashing/sloshing to me.

The Stratton sisters in Dec 2016 Atlanta Indiana and the Voiles girl early Feb 2017

I'm not sure I feel right with the hitchhiker idea. Hitchhikers are not common these days, at least where I live; it used to be (in the 70s and 80s). Most people I know wouldn't pick up a lone guy on a rural highway ..especially at night? I guess it's possible he was picked up by a trucker. I really think someone would have noticed him though. It's not like you stick your thumb out and get a ride right away (maybe got lucky?) you could be out there 30 minutes, an hour, trying to get a ride. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro