IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also given the fact that there is a strong possibility he has killed before or would kill again it would be a huge risk to leave this person free to do as he pleases while the build a stronger case, if they have anything please get this guy in custody while they build their case. JMO

Sorry for slow thinking, but what does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw similarities I didn't know about. The perp may walk trails looking for an opportunity, might explain the 5 year time difference.

The cases may be completely unrelated idk!

You can really see how very tightly he has his baseball cap bill rolled in the first image. I've noticed it in a few pics, but this takes the cake.

I've been wondering if it's a rolled bill as well. That was my first impression and I keep going back to it in spite of agreeing with other interpretations off and on.

I wish they would give a better description of the BG suspect. Like Height, Weight, approx. age etc......is that brown hair ? To me it looks like a hat........but hard to say .....why haven't they said anything about his description besides to this guy look familiar in he released photos. Even the FBI flyer on their website doesn't list much info on him.

Maybe they do know he is and he or they are on the run.

IMO the police are pretty confident they know who it is but are waiting to get all the evidence and results back to make a strong case. That's why they've asked people not to post random pictures of people etc. As I stated its only my opinion

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Thanks for your opinion on this. ;) It does make sense. I personally disagree with people who post random side by sides on SM anyway, I think that if they really feel strongly that they've made a match that they should just phone in the tip instead of posting about it on SM. People have their lives destroyed all because others want to play detectives on SM. I also have very strong feelings about people in call in tips that really in reality aren't tips, they are opinions like " I saw the two still images and believe that the suspect has had knee replacement surgery and my friend made a video out of the two still pictures so from studying that, I believe that he's using a prosthetic leg on the right and may have had three toes removed on the left. " That Type of"tip" makes me SMH because I feel like the tipster may not realize that the police know more then we do. I'm sure the FBI is plenty qualified to study the evidence.
Fwiw, I would encourage anyone with a valid tip to call in though. If your thinking the suspect looks like your neighbor or sounds like your husband, by all means call it in! My personal opinion.....
End rant!

I'm 18 threads deep into a high-profile case where two juvenile girls first were declared missing, then were found murdered 22 hours after a Snapchat post.

BG knew not only the park, but the possible LE response to his heinous crimes.

That's my brass tacks assessment. He's done it before, and it scares me to state this, most likely (come on, people) watched the same YouTube videos to perpetrate this crime.

We've pieced together various scenarios here on WS. Members here stated stuff which indicated they thought this guy is some dumb *advertiser censored* who has spent his entire work career picking up scrap lumber at work sites, and "just happened upon" the incredibly hidden Monon High Bridge adjacent to Delphi, Indiana. I had no idea there was a Delphi, Indiana, until I scoped out a driving route from my home outside Fort Watne, to Lafayette to a concert venue in Lafayette. A week before these murders.

Who the heck even knows where Delphi is located? There are people in that community who clearly do not know how to access the trail which leads to the Monon High Bridge, over Deer Creek. Who would know where it's located, and/or why?

Drifters? Please. MOO is this guy is a pro, and viewed the same videos we here at WS have viewed since this crime was first reported, here.

He knew the terrain better than people who visit the park on a regular basis. As a rabid hiker, I watch for that random encounter with someone like BG. I hike alone, after all, who wants to hike/walk alone or in a group of two or three, at most. I've dated two women who were into hiking and (when I was younger and could actually run ;-)) who would go out alone on trails, but they were public trails with either A) Park service type folks, who were fairly vigilant about watching a trail/path, especially towards nightfall, or B) Known 'safe' trails, with residential properties along most of said trail.

Catch my drift? This perpetrator knows all of what I posted above. He was counting on girls of a certain demographic being on that bridge, that day. Girls off from school. Girls who were not as leery of strangers as, say, males of a certain age, and young women out alone and life experienced enough, to where a perp like this one would avoid such a person. This perp set out that day to do what he did, to the demographic he did it to. More vulnerable, etc.

A damned monster.

I agree, I've always felt BG knows these woods and the bridge. imo, He had a plan on how to do this crime in broad daylight. He knew where he wanted to take the girls, and he knew how to leave the area without being noticed. There have been murders in my state on the Appalachian Trail, in a very visited part of the trail/national park area. There have been other crimes committed on the A.T. in other states. I've usually felt safe on the trails, but there was a time or two that someone gave me a weird vibe, and I was thankful there were other hikers nearby. The woods, I would think, is an ideal place for a killer to snatch someone and commit a crime unnoticed in broad daylight.

FWIW: I phoned-in a few tips a few hours after the original ISP photo was made public on Wednesday 2/15. It was after I had studies the "official" photo a bit and to me: an obvious outline of a gun looked to be in the POIs (now suspect's) right front pocket. I think what people don't say can be just as meaningful as what they do say, but in this instance: it's what the gentleman asked me and the tone in which it was asked that struck me. It seemed there was a sense of urgency and immediate interest in his voice after I told him what I saw ('...handgun, possibly semi-automatic...'). He asked me: "What caliber gun would you say that is?" I have and had no idea and said so, after which he lost interest--cut the call short fairly quickly.

I have no idea exactly how much knowledge of the circumstances people answering phones had at that time, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me if others has already told them they seemed to see the same gun outline I saw. It may or may not actually mean the had a gun there and the gentleman obviously in no way confirmed or denied it. I simply thought his immediate interest/tone/and question was interesting. Any other WSers experience something similar?

MOO--and sincerely hoping today's the day they get him (or them.)

It sounds to me like the expect the possibility of the perp to call with tips so they ask questions that only he would know to try to fish him out from all the other callers.

I have a couple scenarios I'd like to get your thoughts on. And this is all MOO.

I wonder if the BG travelled to the area on an ATV? I mentioned earlier that I think the white object protruding from his jacket may be goggles. He would have needed goggles if he had to escape the area quickly to protect against tree limbs and brush whipping against his face/eyes.

Did he park the ATV somewhere in the woods where he would've had a decent vantage point of the bridge? Maybe he had a pair of binoculars to scope out visitors that day.

I'm not going to theorize about how he attacked the girls or where on the bridge, etc, as it really doesn't effect the outcome to me. We know the end result unfortunately.

Something that is odd to me was the statement I believe from the landowner about the crime scene being pristine (not exact quote). So to me either the murder didn't occur where the bodies were found or they were strangled.

So were there 2 crime scenes? One where their lives were taken and one where they were found?* If there was a secondary location, the BG may have been more hidden and had more time. Do we know for a fact that LE didn't find a 2nd crime scene in the vicinity Or maybe it hasn't been located yet?

Now I have to wonder why would the perp bother to move the bodies back to 50 ft from the creek? Why wouldn't he leave them where they were killed? Is it somehow possible the actual crime scene would point to whom the killer was? Was he able to clean up the real crime scene well enough that it didn't look like anyone had disturbed anything i.e. an abandoned shack, cabin, etc. Maybe he had a tent put up somewhere off in the woods. He took the girls to the tent. Then was able to bundle up the tent later and get rid of the murder evidence so it wouldn't stand out to anyone. If he spent much time at the actual murder scene, did he leave evidence he didn't want found? I don't know of any man that doesn't relieve himself in the woods if he's out there for some time.* So he moved the bodies back by the creek to keep LE focused on that area.

And as far as making an escape finally on the ATV, could he have driven it to a truck parked further away and loaded it into the bed of the truck? This is dependent on how far he had to travel back home.

Again, all MOO

Edited to remove a bunch of random asterisks that appeared in my post.

There was definitely crime scene tape wrapped around the East side of the SE end of the Monon bridge as captured by IllinoisMissing, great pic dear!

attachment.php

Compared to the NW end, also posted by IllinoisMissing!

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• Indiana south barricade by illinois missing.jpg
    Indiana south barricade by illinois missing.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 611
  • Indiana North barricade by Illinois missing.jpg
    Indiana North barricade by Illinois missing.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 606
Sorry IMO I do not believe the LE are confident that they know who it is. 1. Both search warrants did not result in an arrest
2. The DNA evidence did not lead to an arrest
3. The billboards and audio did not lead to an arrest.

I believe the comment about SM was to protect the witch hunts that have been happening on SM, I do not believe it was to preserve the integrity of their case. JMO

P.S. I really do hope for an arrest I just dont think we are there yet.
Imo I don't believe all the results and tests have come back yet. It takes time sadly .The searches and billboards happened earlier on in the investigation . Things can change and turn around pretty quickly with just a few tips pointing them in the right direction etc

If you Google "kidnapped in public" you'll see so many horrifying things. I was specifically searching for the kidnapping of Kelsey Smith (horrifying!), which was in daylight in a crowded Target parking lot. Anyway, it's a lot more common than I realized. While this guy's crime was very brazen, I don't think it's as improbable as people think.
I think it's part of the thrill for these oxygen stealers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Imo I don't believe all the results and tests have come back yet. It takes time sadly .The searches and billboards happened earlier on in the investigation . Things can change and turn around pretty quickly with just a few tips pointing them in the right direction etc

I hope so, because if they don't get him soon I truly believe more children will die at the hands of this perp. I do not believe it was a personal attack on Libby and Abby or some kind of "hit" this is a perp who has a need to kill and he will do it again JMO

nope, and on facebook you only have to type something into hte text box or into messeger but NOT post it or send it, and it gets captured. Even if you delete it and never send it. pretty disturbing. messenger terms and conditions also lets you know they occasionally turn on your microphone to listen to you, or it used to. People never read them, they just click "agree".

can't tell you how many times i've seen ads on FB for counselors. I guess I must message people about relationship issues a lot!

ETA - snopes page on the messenger thing - doesn't seem entirely conclusive, and is also somewhat outdated now. http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/messenger.asp/
Okay creepy. I had websleuths open on tapatalk the other day and my coworker and I had a discussion about a specific type of surgery at a specific hospital. Next thing I know, tapatalk is full of ads for that surgery at that Medical Center. I'm thoroughly creeped out now. Seriously. Can it read my freaking thoughts too? Yikes!

IMO the police are pretty confident they know who it is but are waiting to get all the evidence and results back to make a strong case. That's why they've asked people not to post random pictures of people etc. As I stated its only my opinion

I hope you're right!

That would be awesome!!!!

So perhaps the huge reward is directed at someone close to him to provide that "missing" piece of puzzle to glue it all together, jmo of course.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maybe they do know he is and he or they are on the run.

I would hope if they have a suspect that they are waiting on a DNA match, they would have him under 24 hr. surveillance until they receive the results.

Thanks for your opinion on this. ;) It does make sense. I personally disagree with people who post random side by sides on SM anyway, I think that if they really feel strongly that they've made a match that they should just phone in the tip instead of posting about it on SM. People have their lives destroyed all because others want to play detectives on SM. I also have very strong feelings about people in call in tips that really in reality aren't tips, they are opinions like " I saw the two still images and believe that the suspect has had knee replacement surgery and my friend made a video out of the two still pictures so from studying that, I believe that he's using a prosthetic leg on the right and may have had three toes removed on the left. " That Type of"tip" makes me SMH because I feel like the tipster may not realize that the police know more then we do. I'm sure the FBI is plenty qualified to study the evidence.
Fwiw, I would encourage anyone with a valid tip to call in though. If your thinking the suspect looks like your neighbor or sounds like your husband, by all means call it in! My personal opinion.....
End rant!
I agree. I understand so many people want him to be caught but all the social media stuff is dangerous territory. I think that's why I love webslueths because of the rules in place. 2 minutes on social media and you appreciate the time and the conversation here.

Exactly what I think . The police had access to more of the video I'm sure they know more then a lot of people who have called in tips about the suspect. It must be so frustrating for them to go through it all

Thank you and please be careful in providing any more information, pms included. I am thinking of possible witness safety here.
Just my thoughts.

-Nin

I agree. I understand so many people want him to be caught but all the social media stuff is dangerous territory. I think that's why I love webslueths because of the rules in place. 2 minutes on social media and you appreciate the time and the conversation here.

Exactly what I think . The police had access to more of the video I'm sure they know more then a lot of people who have called in tips about the suspect. It must be so frustrating for them to go through it all

Thank you melsmemories! Really appreciate your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06