IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cant get over that eerie feeling that he was waiting (whether specifically for them or just anyone who by chance walked by) and using the bridge as part of his way to trap them. You cant run and you cant jump. If that were true how horrible of a feeling that would be to feel trapped like that. Though I do understand completely why LE are holding back information, I wish we knew more about his possible motivation so I can lay some of my theories to rest about him and get a better understanding of what kind of guy they are dealing with. It doesn't seem like a spur of the moment encounter where he runs into them and maybe gets angry with them for some reason and things go too far. He sounded too calm and controlled in the recording which makes what little we have to go by point towards him being there for one reason. The specific location might just be of chance, but I get the feeling that he set out that day with a plan.

Yes I would also like to develop more "knowledge" of just what kind of guy this is. That he is possibly wearing a watch doesn't seem homeless to me. His clothes seem clean. We aren't sure of his hair or his facial hair but from what I see, maybe he looks fairly well groomed. His voice is calm. I do not know how far he was at the end of the bridge from the photo of Abby earlier but in that photo no one was behind them. Did he quickly travel that distance on that bridge to catch up to them at the end? Is there another way he could have accessed the bridge like waiting and climbing up from underneath near the end? Either way he would have to be fit. That he left Libby's phone makes me ponder what kind of person he is, like would he not know much about phones or was he so confident she could not have used it. A well planned attacker with prior experience would not have left the phone. I don't want to bring up anything graphic regarding possible rape but if she had the phone on her person he would have found it unless Abby was the sole target.
I wish we knew if he was known to them or through a fake online profile. One thing that LE said stood out to me, “Parents...and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.” That seems to indicate a knowledge of the guy, but that's just MOO.
What are some other things to put in this guy's profile?

There was definitely crime scene tape wrapped around the East side of the SE end of the Monon bridge as captured by IllinoisMissing, great pic dear!

attachment.php

Compared to the NW end, also posted by IllinoisMissing!

attachment.php

-Nin

I hope that's where Libby "dropped" her phone?

I tend to agree with you about his posture and stature. He is walking like an older man in his late 40s to 50s. To me...his legs look stiff as he walks. Also, something about his hip.

If at all possible, it would really help if they released a video of him walking....if there is enough film of that to release.

I would not be surprised if he walked past the girls multiple times...."circling them" ....like a shark ready to attack. I think part of the thrill is seeing that they were getting eerie before the attack. Just my own thoughts and speculation.

To me it appears he's carrying a lot inside his coat.
Big ole gun for one.

Is this guy selling drugs?
Did they see something?
I'm not all convinced this was a sexual assault.

Snipped for space

Thanks for that Nin!! I've added it to the map. I was looking for it but must have gotten distracted....

Thank you for your great work! Please make sure it is alright with IllinoisMissing to incorporate that picture. It really is a key image IMO.

-Nin

Yes I would also like to develop more "knowledge" of just what kind of guy this is. That he is possibly wearing a watch doesn't seem homeless to me. His clothes seem clean. We aren't sure of his hair or his facial hair but from what I see, maybe he looks fairly well groomed. His voice is calm. I do not know how far he was at the end of the bridge from the photo of Abby earlier but in that photo no one was behind them. Did he quickly travel that distance on that bridge to catch up to them at the end? Is there another way he could have accessed the bridge like waiting and climbing up from underneath near the end? Either way he would have to be fit. That he left Libby's phone makes me ponder what kind of person he is, like would he not know much about phones or was he so confident she could not have used it. A well planned attacker with prior experience would not have left the phone. I don't want to bring up anything graphic regarding possible rape but if she had the phone on her person he would have found it unless Abby was the sole target.
I wish we knew if he was known to them or through a fake online profile. One thing that LE said stood out to me, “Parents...and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.” That seems to indicate a knowledge of the guy, but that's just MOO.
What are some other things to put in this guy's profile?

Wearing a watch could fit being homeless.... maybe he doesn't have a phone and uses the watch to keep track of time and when the trains come through (yep another day of pushing the rail riding theory) ;)

Melsmemories, Can I ask how you have the friend connection with Libby's family? I think I saw somewhere that you are not in the USA.

Originally Posted by [B said:
melsmemories[/B] I got an unofficial update from a member of Libby's family whos a friend of mine.Just wondering if I'm allowed to post it ?

IMO
He saw the girls walked swiftly up to them grabbed one and told the other to get down the hill.
They went down the hill.

I was only thinking they were posing as authority figures because otherwise they may have yelled/made noise or tried to run away.

So then, if they were grabbed as you say, the BG must've had a weapon to threaten them so they wouldn't make noise? That sure looks like a weapon in his pocket, doesn't it? Gun or taser.

JMO

Thanks for your opinion on this. ;) It does make sense. I personally disagree with people who post random side by sides on SM anyway, I think that if they really feel strongly that they've made a match that they should just phone in the tip instead of posting about it on SM. People have their lives destroyed all because others want to play detectives on SM. I also have very strong feelings about people in call in tips that really in reality aren't tips, they are opinions like " I saw the two still images and believe that the suspect has had knee replacement surgery and my friend made a video out of the two still pictures so from studying that, I believe that he's using a prosthetic leg on the right and may have had three toes removed on the left. " That Type of"tip" makes me SMH because I feel like the tipster may not realize that the police know more then we do. I'm sure the FBI is plenty qualified to study the evidence.
Fwiw, I would encourage anyone with a valid tip to call in though. If your thinking the suspect looks like your neighbor or sounds like your husband, by all means call it in! My personal opinion.....
End rant!
I have to disagree with you concerning calling in theories. LE has asked to call in tips no matter how small or insignificant you may think they are. These theories have been known to solve cases.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes, that is exactly what I thought during the phone call. It really led me to feel that the handgun theory is a definite possibility.

MOO.

I'm not so sure. I think if you answered that you thought it was a .380 ACP they might have asked if you were able to read the Serial Number. ( impossible). They aren't looking for details because they have the best technology. They are looking for people who recognize him in general. Whatever details they are confident of they reserve for vetting a tip IMO.

my cows are :cow:

JMO.

I knew I should have read this page - sorry for the repeat of Melmemories getting to be a verified insider!

Now to catch up with my other threads here.....

:welcome6: to ALL the new :newbie: s here!

:greetings:

They need to remove whatever is causing this spot to attract rapists; I suspect that there is some kind of heavy cover there.

Transients and pervs flock to parks and trails.
Secluded yet has a lot of potential victims to choose from.
Same here in Florida. Lots of homeless flashers men looking for men to hook up with. Shame.

Could it have been windy on the bridge and he had his head down? This could also explain the flattening out of this pant leg at the thigh. JMO
It was very windy on that day. I drove my Jeep to Burlington on that day around 11 am and I remember feeling the wind blow my Jeep as I drove. It was a beautiful sunny, blustery day. A perfect day to be outside!

Melsmemories, Can I ask how you have the friend connection with Libby's family? I think I saw somewhere that you are not in the USA.

[/I]
I'm not but through a group I became good friends with a family member over a year ago. Before any of this happened. I think that's why this case has hit me so hard.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Nin,

Thanks for digging that up. I knew I saw photographic proof of tape on South side. I think tape is there because that's "the hill". I'm fully team South Side...
thanks.

J9

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely Team South Side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors