IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was likely the main target because she would be harder to catch should she start running away and yes, its because she was thinner and probably a lot faster afoot than Libby.

Libby was an athlete. <modsnip>

I share your negative feelings about the implications (perhaps not intended) that Abby would have been more attractive to a predator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps not more "attractive in the traditional sense. Easier to overcome? Libby not only had the body weight and strength to kick some serious a$$ (and good for her!), but she had the personality as well. If you were the perp, would you single her out first? Probably not - you'd probably for for the one who had a lesser inclination to smack you in the face, someone you could pick up off the ground if necessary.
IMO only!

Realize that one of the girls suffered more than the other because she had the witness the murder of her friend. You can't murder two people at the same time.

SBM - I have literally never thought about that fact before. No idea why.

Gutted at the thought. Devastating.

Did u see where everyone is saying there is people in this?

attachment.php

I could see it and I have always thought the circle to the left in the back were a person. I think maybe Liberty saw this in the background and happen to take a picture and her an Abby likely headed out, alarmed and had no chance of getting back to safety. JMT.

I am not on my laptop so I cannot find the picture I am referring to, but I can use this one. It has also been brought up there is someone behind a tree by the right blue circle. Imagine a watch face: right about where the 5 would be...it is partially hidden behind the blue circle in the picture above. This may have been discussed before but I want to blow that area up and try to get a better look. Moo

I have personally never went there................but I am not offended by those who have.

Realize that one of the girls suffered more than the other because she had the witness the murder of her friend and obviously realized she was next. You can't murder two people at the same time.

So to conjecture who may have been murdered first and why is natural.

I just don't think it lends much to the case. IMO

I absolutely understand the reasoning, but it feels wrong and has been addressed in past threads by mods in regards to discussing their weight.

Serial Killers almost ALWAYS have a particular "type" actually. A lot of people think he may be a Serial killer... JMO.

But I agree with the sentiment that moving on from weight once again would be pertinent for many reasons. JMO.
Yeah of course he has a type. And Abby may have been it or Libby may have. My opinion was just if I wanted to subdue/threaten two young girls, I'd subdue the smallest/weakest and hope threatening her would control the other girl without having to physically overpower the more athletic or bigger of the two. Hoping her loyalty would keep her in line. That's all.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I was watching the mother of the south c. SK Todd Kohlhepp interview. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OiQ92Giqr9s It was so disgusting and difficult to me. I guess the Delphi Killer is getting some cover up from his family too. And remember that Scott Peterson how his mom kept protecting his son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps not more "attractive in the traditional sense. Easier to overcome? Libby not only had the body weight and strength to kick some serious a$$ (and good for her!), but she had the personality as well. If you were the perp, would you single her out first? Probably not - you'd probably for for the one who had a lesser inclination to smack you in the face, someone you could pick up off the ground if necessary.
IMO only!

Not knowing this particular killer's proclivity, I wouldn't want to speculate. If I were trying to attack someone based on their inability to fight back, I would probably choose someone who was alone, not with a friend who appears able to kick a$$. JMO

Yeah of course he has a type. And Abby may have been it or Libby may have. My opinion was just if I wanted to subdue/threaten two young girls, I'd subdue the smallest/weakest and hope threatening her would control the other girl without having to physically overpower the more athletic or bigger of the two. Hoping her loyalty would keep her in line. That's all.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I can agree on all of this being a likely/possible thought process of BG. Thanks for putting it so well.

I think Libby was very strong and fought hard.That's why I IMO she was possibly killed first.
We were discussing who the most likely first victim was and I gave a valid reason to believe the more dangerous threat (the faster runner) would be the one he would go for first. <modsnip>

I do think the circle to the right has a person in it. {IMO}

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Audio loop http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

SGT. KIM RILEY, INDIANA STATE POLICE (via telephone) with CNN re: three posts in the image on the bridge

RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the picture. And if you look at the far end of the tracks, it looks like there`s two people actually standing there. But if you blow the picture up, you`ll notice that there`s actually three poles there to keep cars from being -- trying to drive across the bridge. So that`s the marks that you see at the end of the tracks.

Teen used cell phone to capture chilling audio of her killer: Police

Bumping for SGT Riley's comment

as a 125lb female senior citizen, i think it was their age/youth, vulnerability. They were kids and easily overtaken. Btw my younger sister was 5'4 344 lbs and never had a problem attracting guys. Just sayin' jmo

RBBM

It's really all about who you are, not what you look like!

I have read many claims here about how this guy planned this out and knew exactly what he was doing and so on.

One question comes to mind.

If his intentions at the time he is seen walking across the bridge are to kidnap or harm the girls why expose himself in the open at all?
Why not just hide in the woods until they were close enough and confront them?

When you think about it...it makes no sense that he would walk across this bridge if he had planned this in advance

I've thought it was possible that he was lurking off the North end of the bridge waiting for them to come back across to meet their ride (especially if he knew in advance that they were meeting their ride at the same place they were dropped off). I've thought it was possible that he wasn't intending to engage them on the bridge but that they were spending so much time on it that he grew impatient and went out to get them. I also thought that if they noticed he was hanging out at the north end of the bridge, that they might have stayed on it hoping someone else would come along and give them a chance to leave.

Re: Obits

I work for a newspaper and I can confirm that obits are sent to us either directly from the funeral home or the family. Typically, the funeral home writes the obituary, if it's a basic one, and the family just approves it. Sometimes, the family writes it, but mostly I've seen they give the information directly to the funeral home and the funeral home then writes the obits. I've always known the obit to be information directly from the family, not from the coroner's office. What they may have officially may be different, i.e. day of death.

That said, I've never known someone to pick a day of death for an obituary other than the day the actually died. I'm not sure why someone would.
My wife's father didn't come home one night and was missing for 2 days. He had a motorcycle wreck off the side of a road and died the night he didn't come home. The obit printed in the paper had the date he was found printed as his date of death which was incorrect.

It happens. This case is strange for it to be incorrect, but it is possible.

Hi guys,

I joined a while back but this case really interested me. I constantly check the news just holding my breath and hoping to see that they've identified or have the psychopath. Ive tried to read back as much as possible to get facts straight ect. so I hope when I jump in here I have that stuff right. And please forgive me if I accidentally break a rule but I think I have the idea of what is okay to say. :)

So.. I didn't see where this was suggested but I haven't been able to read everything. I actually emailed a tip last night although it was a tiny chance.

While Googling about the Monon Bridge I noticed that it draws a lot of people for hiking, even tours? I was Googling last night looking at pictures of tours that had been posted. Then there are "Bridge Hunters" who are I guess sort of.. bridge enthusiasts. They enjoy checking out different old bridges. I saw a lot where people had hiked there and had a great knowledge about it and the ins and outs of the woods there.

Then I started checking out certain ones' FB profiles. I guess that's okay as long as I of course don't mention any names to anyone except just the police if one jumped out to me?

Sarah

Any long time websleuthers think this girl is the double of Cassie Compton who went missing from Stuttgart a number of years ago?
Argh. Link didn't work. Cassie Compton is never far from my thoughts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I understand those that feel this is kind of distasteful, but you can't ignore the fact that if Abby was smaller or appeared weaker (it may not have been her "looks" or "attractiveness" at all), she may have stood out as the easier target. I'm not saying that how it went, at all, or that Abby was prettier or thinner or whatever else, and I don't think anyone else is either.

BBM: Respectfully, regardless of how anyone perceives their appearance they were both equally targeted by this killer. Women (and girls) of all shapes, sizes and skin colors are victims of predators.

Good point.

I think with the federal government involved the resources available to solve this case are beyond our imagination.
Not mine. I think the only reason they haven't bagged him yet is that he's really hiding. Or they can't convert their findings into legal pathways for a prosecution. They've been able to see your hair color from a satellite for many years now. Think about where they're at these days. They may not admit that they've saved every scrap of DNA ever picked up, but you know they have. Remember the voice analysis compare in that Clancy movie about the drug lord? Not so far-fetched. Admissible in court or admitted to by the govt agency? Nope.
Stay tuned.

Hi guys,

I joined a while back but this case really interested me. I constantly check the news just holding my breath and hoping to see that they've identified or have the psychopath. Ive tried to read back as much as possible to get facts straight ect. so I hope when I jump in here I have that stuff right. And please forgive me if I accidentally break a rule but I think I have the idea of what is okay to say. :)

So.. I didn't see where this was suggested but I haven't been able to read everything. I actually emailed a tip last night although it was a tiny chance.

While Googling about the Monon Bridge I noticed that it draws a lot of people for hiking, even tours? I was Googling last night looking at pictures of tours that had been posted. Then there are "Bridge Hunters" who are I guess sort of.. bridge enthusiasts. They enjoy checking out different old bridges. I saw a lot where people had hiked there and had a great knowledge about it and the ins and outs of the woods there.

Then I started checking out certain ones' FB profiles. I guess that's okay as long as I of course don't mention any names to anyone except just the police if one jumped out to me?

Sarah

Hi, and welcome. :)

We can't sleuth anyone except the POI/BG (bridge guy) here on the board publicly but we can't help what you do on your own of course. But we can't link to "Random" people's fb's or name them or post pictures, etc. I hope that answers your question, but I'm sure someone else has answered better than me by now, or will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en