DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How an unsolved murder of two girls turned this town upside*down
By Joshua Rhett Miller
March 2, 2017 | 1:57pm
http://nypost.com/2017/03/02/massiv...d-girls-generates-tons-of-tips-but-few-leads/

"In the 16 days since two girls were found murdered in a popular hiking area near their hometown of Delphi, Indiana, investigators from 25 different police departments have received more than 9,000 tips — but are no closer to solving a case that has sent shudders of fear through their close-knit community.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said investigators have interviewed hundreds of possible witnesses and suspects in connection with the deaths of Abigail Joyce Williams, 13, and Liberty Rose Lynn German, 14, whose bodies were found on Feb. 14 —one day after they were reported missing— in a wooded area near the Delphi Historic Trail in Carroll County.

“And it goes on 24 hours a day,” Slocum told The Post Thursday. “We’re working as hard as we can to solve this case.”

No arrests have been made in the double homicide that has gripped the town of roughly 3,000 people about 75 miles northwest of Indianapolis, putting residents on edge.

“People are a little more cautious than anything, especially having anything to do with their children, just keeping a wary eye on them,” Slocum said. “And I’ve seen some reports in the media where people have indicated that they’re afraid and that just breaks my heart as a police officer because that’s why we do this job — to keep people safe and free of crime.”"

No it's OK I'm just being pedantic lol I'm mad at myself cos I looked at these and didn't realise, I saw it was linked to a person called JP (it says they are a local guide) but if I'd have just looked a bit more he's a 'google guy' and it looks like you can move from one point to another, it literally is the little google guy for real! It was also just posted in February - PHOTO SPHERE - Feb 2017

Yes. His images are recent. The memorial flowers for the girls can be seen at the beginning of the trail.

Help me with this.... I followed the quote for the Grandpa stating they searched all night.... here is the full quote: I never heard it mentioned there was a full search party until the next day? Here he says perfect strangers called off work and searched all night? There were clothes in the creek and no one saw that? Wouldn't the water be the first place someone would look? I'm just trying to understand when the girls didnt show up the police were called. The police did not do a full search until the next day. The family searched all night, with neighbors, coworkers and strangers? I thought this search with these people happened the next day? Someone help me ;)

[FONT=&amp]“We’re thankful for the rapid response and professionalism displayed by local area fire departments, EMS, other emergency response personnel who answered the call. We’re thankful that friends, neighbors, co-workers perfect strangers called off work and searched all night with our family merely because they felt compelled to help. We’re grateful for you all. Thank you, again, for your thoughts and prayers. May Liberty and Abby rest in Peace.”

[/FONT]
This is from thread #12
MizStery said:
At the link is the 'Delphi Timeline ' if you page to slide 6 of 12 you will see captioned with the text 'official search begins on Feb 14th at 11:45am. 'The photo shows LE vehicles and K9 or scent dogs.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/t...g-bodies-found

Liberty's grandfather stated the families searched for their precious Abigail and Liberty all night.
:cow:

Wonder what reporter saw to say it was girls clothing.

Also I don't object much to suicide of the killer, as long as it is him for sure. Would save many thousands of dollars in defense, food, medical care for years on end. Would prevent the killer from attracting groupies a la Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, etc. would prevent him from even moments of peace or pleasure.

Well, he said he was 75 yards away. That's not super close. I have been wondering myself how he could identify what he saw as the girls' clothing from that distance. Unless maybe he was viewing from above (perhaps with binoculars?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A question for those folks that are very familiar with the curvature of the creek.

If somebody was standing on the bridge over the water, would the curvature of the syream prohibit them seeing from bridge where the clothes were/potential point of crossing?

Long ago, when they were found,I was thinking the water in front of them would not be seen from the bridge because of the curvature of the stream.

Is my thinking from long ago correct?

Or that its a miss quote or that he spoke wrong and given everything he has been through that would make sense.... IMO it should have read:
We’re thankful that friends, neighbors, co-workers perfect strangers called off work and searched all DAY with our family merely because they felt compelled to help

Just bouncing off your post and others. This is just my opinion of course, but I think the family and others close to them would have searched all night, and were joined by others in the morning. I'm quite sure none of us would have gone home to sleep if our child was missing and I can't imagine Libby and Abby's families would either.

We don't know where they searched. They might have spread out to cover the town, the roads, abandoned buildings, the girls' friends, etc. The girls were found on private property, so it seems unlikely that the property was searched that night. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, it was very dark and the terrain is treacherous, so I can't imagine them stumbling around with flashlights when they had called out their names and gotten no answer. At that point it would make sense to move on and widen the search IMO.

I don't think the girls were moved to that location later. I believe they were quickly killed and left there while the killer made a speedy escape. Sadly, they were beyond rescuing, and throughout the night I imagine rescue is what was on everyone's minds.
JMO

Some may fear speaking up about Delphi murders despite*reward
POSTED 10:24 PM, MARCH 1, 2017, BY TREVOR SHIRLEY
http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/despite-delphi-reward-some-may-fear-speaking-up/

"It’s an incredible amount of money showing just how much investigators need the public’s help; but despite that, some experts say there are people may still be worried about telling police what they know.

They say "money talks," but when it comes to serious a crime, that’s not always the case. When somebody knows something about a crime, it usually comes down to one of two things that keep them clammed up.

“One of them is fear, and that’s where the anonymous part comes in, and the other is apathy, they just don’t want to get involved in the system,” said Central Indiana Crime Stoppers Director Steve Dubois, who can’t comment directly on what’s happening in Delphi because it’s not a Crime Stoppers case. Despite that, he understands how much a reward can help people to speak up.

“Rewards have a tendency to push them over that bump,” said Dubois. The Delphi murders reward is being handled by Indiana State Police.

“It seems every time we have a change in anything in this case, when we released the voice, when we released the photograph naming that person as a suspect, people seem to want to get involved a little more, so as we’re increasing this reward [and] we’re continuing to receive information,” said State Police Sergeant Tony Slocum."

I finally showed my husband the suspect's photo. After he put on his dad glasses while wearing his dad jeans he looked at it and said "THAT'S it?! He's wearing a ball cap."

Wish they had a better pic, or at least an improved one.

But if the photographer could see the girl's clothing in the creek from the bridge, why didn't the searchers see them that evening when they were first looking for them? Was it dark at 5:30pm?

6:19 PM
Monday, February 13, 2017 (EST)
Sunset in Indianapolis, IN

I'm pretty sure they didn't have permission to go on the property the first night.

Happy Friday! Currently working to add orange filter to my avatar. Under construction lol..,

A question for those folks that are very familiar with the curvature of the creek.

If somebody was standing on the bridge over the water, would the curvature of the syream prohibit them seeing from bridge where the clothes were/potential point of crossing?

Long ago, when they were found,I was thinking the water in front of them would not be seen from the bridge because of the curvature of the stream.

Is my thinking from long ago correct?

I think so yes. The creek curves to the right at virtually a 90 degree angle. He chose that part because it was secluded by trees and steep embankments MOO

“"No one is going to jail just because you call,” said Dubois, “no one is.”

So far, State Police have received almost 10,000 tips. Yet, they’re still looking for that one which will tip the case in their favor.

“We all know what is normal in our surroundings, we all know what feels right,” said Dubois, “and if you get that feeling that something’s not right, that’s when you probably need to tell somebody.”"

Some may fear speaking up about Delphi murders despite*reward
http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/despite-delphi-reward-some-may-fear-speaking-up/

*video at link

Help me with this.... I followed the quote for the Grandpa stating they searched all night.... here is the full quote: I never heard it mentioned there was a full search party until the next day? Here he says perfect strangers called off work and searched all night? There were clothes in the creek and no one saw that? Wouldn't the water be the first place someone would look? I'm just trying to understand when the girls didnt show up the police were called. The police did not do a full search until the next day. The family searched all night, with neighbors, coworkers and strangers? I thought this search with these people happened the next day? Someone help me ;)

[FONT=&quot]“We’re thankful for the rapid response and professionalism displayed by local area fire departments, EMS, other emergency response personnel who answered the call. We’re thankful that friends, neighbors, co-workers perfect strangers called off work and searched all night with our family merely because they felt compelled to help. We’re grateful for you all. Thank you, again, for your thoughts and prayers. May Liberty and Abby rest in Peace.”

[/FONT]

I am not surprised that clothes in the creek were not found at night. I doubt this area had lighting and was extremely dark. I live in Indiana and have gone to campsites here where it is SO dark you can't see much ahead. My guess is you could only see what you shined your flashlight on.

www.wlfi.com/2017/02/18/news-18-exclusive-grandfather-remembers-life-of-liberty-german

"We’re thankful that friends, neighbors, co-workers perfect strangers called off work and searched all night with our family merely because they felt compelled to help."

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

MOO..we don't know that one of those 'perfect strangers' wasn't BG guy...and further covering his tracks.......I am still completely stumped on a/two searchers following 'a set of footprints' and found the girls the next day.... I know it has not been stated and probably won't be..where did those tracks start? Why only one set? Were photos/cast taken? How did they even follow a set of prints? Looking at the photos..there is lots of weeds/leaves/nature debris all on the ground?

Just in case no one has answered your post as I skipped over 1,000 plus post:

Just copy the url at the top of the web page of the article you want to share and paste in the reply box. Should do it! :pcguru:

I know I read they put the DNA in to be tested Feb. 23rd - and they said they'd put a "rush" on it. So it should be back by now!

Also - Is this something "new" new? Please link something about this Chyrsler guy!

Also - do they have the phone pings from the recovered phone? or am I thinking of some other case?

Also - no MOD??

TIA!

Anything else "new" new??

337 people on here - 138 members! :wave:

The Chrysler guy was mentioned many threads back. A person they questioned and requested to submit DNA.

Delphi victims’ families get investigation update; families may talk to media soon
Kayla Sullivan Published: March 1, 2017, 10:16 am
http://wlfi.com/2017/03/01/delphi-v...ation-update-families-may-talk-to-media-soon/

"DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — The victims’ families of the Delphi double homicide took a tour of the investigation facilities and police updated them on how it’s going so far.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum told News 18 they talked to both families about coming out to the media soon. They aren’t sure when that’s going to be, but they believe when it happens it will be at an organized press conference."

I think so yes. The creek curves to the right at virtually a 90 degree angle. He chose that part because it was secluded by trees and steep embankments MOO

Skibaboo: I accidentally posted this to the media and map thread: Think you can find anything with all these Satellites? It's quite the map making service via overhead satellite assets and other technology. https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/ A pro on SM suggested using it.

Okay then the family searched all night and found nothing, even in day light they found nothing... the official search begins at 11:45am and very soon after the bodies are found? All of this and they were less than a half mile from the bridge with clothes scattered in the creek? If there were clothes in the creek, we are to believe that the family searched all night and never saw them, all morning in sunlight never saw them. Wouldnt your first thought or maybe somewhere in your train of thought be one girl slips on the bridge grabs the other for help and the both go over the side.... check the creek right???? This IMO could only mean a few things either:

1. someone put those clothes and the bodies there, that is not the kill site, its either been staged to look that way or its a dump site for the bodies and we are not being told that (LE never confirmed that this was where they were killed as far as I know, and the land owner said theres no way they were dragged there they had to have walked, I always just went with that since he would know his property best but perhaps he was mistaken)

2. the reporter did not see what he thought he saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member