IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across something rather interesting while on FB. There is a photo journalist who was covering the 2/14 search for Abby and Libby in Delphi. He posted several pictures taken during that time. And he gives a detail about an observation he made that I've not seem mentioned in MSM before. Here is a link: https://www.facebook.com/jkyle.keen...7780.1073741969.1174987605&type=3&pnref=story

And, I did clear this through an admin 1st as I wasn't sure if ok to share.

(Woah, omg....this is so heartbreaking to read. I can't stand this!!!! :( )
Was there ever anything posted in L and L's case similar to this? :(

What about any unsolved murders where the kids were found unclothed?)

That really brought this all home again. This is soooooo bad. Worst of the worst of the worst....

The police knew all along it wasn't a serial killer we just had to listen when they spoke... shame on me I was one of the people constantly saying SK SK SK.... more over IMO he is flat out stating there is something that links these girls to this person and that other should not be worried....

Police said they do not have any suspects in custody at this time, but they do not believe there is a threat to the community.

"There is someone out there that did this crime and we’re going to track them down," Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Folks should continue with business as usual but be more mindful and watch your surroundings a little closer.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nfl-player-raises-reward-catch-monster-teen-girls/story?id=45882414

"We have officers out shaking the bushes, so to speak, knocking on doors investigating or speaking to suspects or anybody we believe might have evidentiary information to help us solve this case," Slocum said. "That's why what Pat and Mr. Irsay had done is so important to what we're doing here in Delphi, Indiana."

I really like this language. Speaking to suspects. In most of the cases I have followed LE says things like talking to anyone and everyone who may know something about the case, never speaking to suspects!

So, if we indulge ourselves in an exercise where we pretend they definitely have DNA of BG from the girls' clothing (or otherwise :( ), could we presume that DNA would have results back by now? How early could they tell if DNA recovered at the scene matched DNA in their database?

My thought all along, like many people's I'm sure, has been that perhaps the urgency behind the billboard campaign etc might have come from them getting DNA at the scene and finding a match... or multiple matches... in their database for unsolved cases. That was where my own thoughts on "this is probably a SK" came from, personally... JMO... to be clear, what I mean is what if they've been taking DNA from crimes for a long time and have a database of unknown perp DNA and got a hit or multiple hits on that, indicating that BG has been leaving a stream of crimes behind him.. AGAIN THIS IS JUST A MENTAL EXERCISE, a "JMO" or "I wonder if..." sort of thing, if you will.

just some thoughts I'm revisiting now that I'm home and caught up and facingn the unfortunate probable facts about the clothing being found.
I share those same thoughts. I am thinking there may be only one link, though, so far... 😔

Now they just need to find him.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

(Again, he's done this before, we just need to find it....keep digging folks...I'd say it's safe to go back a couple decades minimum...jmo...)

Skibaboo: I accidentally posted this to the media and map thread: Think you can find anything with all these Satellites? It's quite the map making service via overhead satellite assets and other technology. https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/ A pro on SM suggested using it.
That is pretty amazing

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Long time follower - first time poster. My dad was a truck driver - he entered the occupation when the steel mill he worked for folded in the 1980s. He passed in an accident in the early 90s - but I can tell you this, from my experiences. Waiting for loads was not uncommon. I can remember a few instances of my father going to a site and having to wait a couple hours to a couple days. Granted, he was a long-haul type of truck driver, and not a short over the road driver like some are. Also, I remember he had physical log books that he had to have up to date in case he ended up at a weigh station or was pulled over - but I also remember him talking about how people could easily manipulate the times on there. Things may have changed, ex. log books may be electronic now?, but those were two points I remember from his being a truck driver. Also, mention was made about possibly driving the truck to the location - but I would personally think that would be too risky, especially if he is an owner operator. That would be like leaving a business card out in the open for all to make notice of....UNLESS driving a semi to the location is common...then one wouldn't bat an eye at.
Great job posting so many different viewpoints/ideas re: the case.....I hope the perp is caught soon.

Paper logs can be fudged pretty easily. A lot of trucking companies have switched over to the Qualcom systems. E-logs. When on duty the qualcoms basically work as a GPS tracking the truck, alerting to hard breaking, stops, sleep time etc, to the company. There is also apps that give trucks a green light to weigh stations so they don't have to pull in. If there are toll roads most trucks are equipped with a pre-pass system that pays the toll. I could list a lot of things but tracking a truck can be done fairly easy.

(Again, he's done this before, we just see to have to find it....keep digging folks...I'd say it's safe to go back a couple decades minimum...jmo...)
Agreed 1000%

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

The blog I read regarding the delays was posted by independent truckers.

So that means he's a one man show or part of a super small local fleet?

Not connected to the big guys or brokered out? Or does that mean he's a trucker, but also acts as his own broker?

(Again, he's done this before, we just need to find it....keep digging folks...I'd say it's safe to go back a couple decades minimum...jmo...)

IMO you would have better luck trying to look for rape cases in the area, maybe it escalated this time??? Don't really believe this has to be the case though that he or they have done this before... everything has a starting point.

I hope one of these little girls scratched him bit him pulled some hair out.
He may not get caught today or tomorrow but one of these times he will get caught.

Not connected to the big guys or brokered out? Or does that mean he's a trucker, but also acts as his own broker?
Independent trucker, they usually own their own trucks and take assignments.

They're called owner-operators, I should have said that, doh!

The LE have been so super careful what they are saying…. This comment has always stuck with me. Has it had the same effect on anyone else? This statement was made on 2/15. I have feeling there is a lot we do not know and by a lot I mean a lot.

When asked if people in Delphi should be scared for their families, Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children.

“I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/02/15/officials-confirm-2-bodies-found-are-missing-delphi-teens-open-double-homicide-investigation/

I agree that there is a lot of missing information but you can read between the lines of his statement. "and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives" -this to me says that this was to be a meeting and/or that the girls had talked to this dysfunctional creep through SM. Why else would he say that? The family knew they were going hiking and where because family was taking and picking up. The same thing is restated in him saying "parents should make sure they know where their children are and what they're doing"

IMO you would have better luck trying to look for rape cases in the area, maybe it escalated this time??? Don't really believe this has to be the case though that he or they have done this before... everything has a starting point.

IMO it's so incredibly rare for a perp to kidnap (I don't want to get into a huge discussion about semantics*, lol, so everyone reading this should use this word, or not, to describe their movement from the bridge to where they were found) and kill two victims at once that it's almost certainly an escalation just on those grounds alone, unless for some reason BG didn't realize there were two girls until it was too late, JMO.

--------------
*edit - this page has a lot of good reading linked off of it - http://www.pollyklaas.org/about/national-child-kidnapping.html - including this NISMART study about non-custodial kidnappings, in which non-family abduction (kidnapping) is defined as "the movement of a child using physical force or threat, the detention of a child for a substantial period of time (at least 1 hour) in a place of isolation using threat or physical force" in part, FWIW.

http://www.pollyklaas.org/media/pdf/NISMARTIInonfamily.pdf

IMO the white stuff coming out of his pocket I believe is rope; perhaps he used that to tie their hands together and walk with them so that neither would run off. I think Libby was from a distance and started recording when she saw that he was about to do something and put her phone in her pocket. Then he approached her and tied her to Abby so that they would walk together hence the 'down the hill' he was guiding them where to walk to now that they were under his control. I just can't wrap my head around those being just hoodie strings, they're too thick and awkwardly positioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're called owner-operators, I should have said that, doh!

Thanks! So they also act as their own brokers as well. My loads always go through a broker, so I have yet to work with an independent.

The police knew all along it wasn't a serial killer we just had to listen when they spoke... shame on me I was one of the people constantly saying SK SK SK.... more over IMO he is flat out stating there is something that links these girls to this person and that other should not be worried....

Police said they do not have any suspects in custody at this time, but they do not believe there is a threat to the community.

"There is someone out there that did this crime and we’re going to track them down," Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Folks should continue with business as usual but be more mindful and watch your surroundings a little closer.”

Can you link something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paper logs can be fudged pretty easily. A lot of trucking companies have switched over to the Qualcom systems. E-logs. When on duty the qualcoms basically work as a GPS tracking the truck, alerting to hard breaking, stops, sleep time etc, to the company. There is also apps that give trucks a green light to weigh stations so they don't have to pull in. If there are toll roads most trucks are equipped with a pre-pass system that pays the toll. I could list a lot of things but tracking a truck can be done fairly easy.

Gah I had a long post written and the tab crashed, anyway, as mentioned early on, hopefully LE has found such records helpful and is still scouring them for which truckers passed which weigh stations when.

(When I was in college many moons ago I had the opportunity to ride along with State Troopers that worked License and Weight. Their specific job was basically to pull truckers over to check their papers and make sure they're not hauling more than their allowed load or hauling stuff they're not suposed to be. Anyway, a memorable incident was when one trucker had a prostitute the cab with him and he was cryyyyying and begggiiiiing that he did not want his wife to find out.)

Which brings me back to prostituion and child *advertiser censored*. Not an unlikely link, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!