IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has got to be so difficult for these families to have to speak on Thursday (or I imagine it would be). Strength and prayers to them, nobody should ever have to go through what they're going through...I don't know if can watch without losing it...I might just have to read what you guys post...

Did we ever discuss the possibility of BG using a stun gun to control the girls? I've been in and out of here quite a bit but can't recall if this was discussed.

In my mind, it would be pretty easy to disable one girl with a stun gun, tie her up and then deal with the other.

Just throwing it out there.

Man, I want this guy found.

Why don't they get NASA to enhance these images. It helped In the Brucia kidnapping.

It seems like Libby started the video of the perp on the bridge when he was very far away (based on the poor quality of the photo of BG which was taken from the video); then it seems that LE have audio recording, also from Libby's phone, but LE are not able to confirm that the voice on the phone belongs to the man in the video. The audio also has the background noise, presumably of walking, as if the phone is in Libby's pocket, or bag. So from that I am gathering that the video was started, but then Libby put her phone into her pocket or bag, before the perp could know she was recording everything. By the time they were face to face with the perp, 'political correctness' probably set in, and she couldn't grab her phone and dial 911 without him seeing her doing it, and at that time, she probably wasn't sure that 911 needed to be called. By the time she knew, it was probably too late. And she couldn't make that 911 call with the phone in her pocket or bag, without looking at it. It is terrifying to even think about what Libby must have been thinking/feeling at the time she felt the need to record. Hero indeed, but yet so disappointing that to date, LE has not been able to determine the killer, even with all the evidence Libby was able to secure for them. moo.

I still think this was a meet up. If she thought she was meeting a young man she met on some social site, maybe she took the picture of him far away not knowing yet it was indeed a catfish.

This is MOO: The perp(s) is/are fairly local, Delphi and/or surrounding towns. There are so many disaffected, drug-alcohol dependent, poverty stricken, and hopeless individuals. They flock together, find each other, strike up short-lived "friendships" based on shared pain. Mid to late twenties in one subgroup...mingling with mid forties and fifties in another subgroup. Within this population of men aged 20 to 50, there is a subset of males who have been completely abused, neglected and abandoned, many by their drug addicted mothers. Some of this subset has hope and still believes in "the American dream". Some, however, have lost all hope and have given up. Maybe they think about suicide.

My speculation is that one younger male who has given up, has bonded with one possibly older male who has fantasies of revenge and omnipotence. If perp #2 is not older, he is for certain smarter and more charismatic. Yes, I think there may have been two killers. They planned the entire thing detail to detail over time, and then waited for the right victim(s). On Valentine's Day, they were more than ready to pounce. Abby and Libby were there by chance, and this was a crime of opportunity. They were ready to execute the plan. Afterwards, the two perps probably blended back into their previous roles as disaffected, maybe even homeless, men. They have no connection currently, laying low. The younger more depressive perp is the weaker link. The older and/or smarter has covered all bases for himself. Except he may have a juvenile record of aggressive, criminal acts and aggression.

Just to add to this.. if it were planned in detail.. and taking into account Valentine's day.. perhaps the thinking behind it was to attack a couple who might of been on a Valentine's day walk together, but when these two young girls presented themselves, maybe the plan was quickly changed.

Have there been any recent cases involving couples?

Anyone remember Christy Sheats from the horrible Texas tragedy? She inherited her gun from her Grandfather and it didn't require registration or official transfer of ownership. However: she did not meet the requirements for open carry when she applied for it. I don't know, but firearm inheritance laws may vary from state-to-state.

I kind of doubt that a man willing to abduct and murder two teen girls cares much whether he's licensed to carry a firearm. jmo

Hi - thanks. Yes, I meant in general. I'm curious now if there has ever been any falls from the bridge.

This is an excerpt from a larger article; I haven't seen it posted but I've missed a lot of the threads.

It's a few remarks made by one of the searchers, Karen Boucher:

[FONT=&amp]The two arrived at the fire station shortly after 11 a.m., gathered maps of the search area and set out with a team of strangers to search fields near the school, nearly 2 miles away from the Monon High Bridge.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]They had been instructed to stay away from the area where the girls had last been seen because search dogs were out. Authorities told volunteers they didn’t want to chance contaminating the scene.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“At first I couldn’t understand why we weren’t searching near [where they went missing],” said Boucher. “But once they explained it, it made sense.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The fields were muddy and the search party was having difficulty contacting property owners to gain access, so the group mainly focused on walking along the edge of the road, peeking into barns and buildings along the way and scanning fields for any sign the girls had been in the area — a piece of clothing, a fresh-looking can or bottle, anything[/FONT]

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_031b521c-f2e3-11e6-a249-a77587cb24f9.html

So the dogs were brought to find the girls and didn't? Is it because the girls crossed the creek?

When was the last PC in L and L's case? We haven't had a presser in NOCO (see signature) for ages...going on 2 years unsolved. It's like the perp(s) just literally vanished into thin air. Please Lord don't let that happen here!

I remember , and Samantha Runyons mother and...and...
I agree it is important for them to speak out .
God bless them !

The only new thought I had was last night when I literally jumped out of my sleep with the memory of RAT visiting an adult book store before he killed Alexis Murphy. (Sorry to repost, it was the middle of the night so it might have been missed.)

Edit: Sorry I thought I pushed reply with quote....Yep... there is always someone, unfortunately. I love to explore nature and have a very strong curiosity but nothing but an emergency could get me to attempt that bridge, particularly without railing of some sort.

[video=twitter;839154026642038785]https://twitter.com/ISPIndianapolis/status/839154026642038785[/video]

I'm not sure if you mean should be closed now, due to the murders, or just in general due to the condition of the bridge. I believe it was stated in an earlier thread that it is private property and is considered trespassing to walk on it, but everyone does anyway and no one stops them. I could be wrong about that though. I would assume they keep it that way so the county doesn't have to deal with lawsuits if someone were to get injured. You couldn't pay me to walk all the way across it though, I don't think my legs would let me!

Yes, in general. Thank you.

When was the last PC in L and L's case? We haven't had a presser in NOCO (see signature) for ages...going on 2 years unsolved. It's like the perp(s) just literally vanished into thin air. Please Lord don't let that happen here!

Are you talking about Lizzie and Lyric's case? I don't know when the last presser was, but their case is going on 5 years unsolved. It's been 4 and a half years since they were murdered.

I found it sad that no one from Abby's paternal side was mentioned in the obit and no one from that side has ever publicly said anything regarding the loss. No implying that makes them suspect at all just to clarify. If someone was catfishing them could it perhaps have been someone pretending to be Abbys dad? Is that why Libby started recording perhaps for a reunion of sorts? JMO its a long shot but thought it was worth seeing what others thought..

DELPHI, Ind. (AP) - A relative of one of the northern Indiana girls slain during a hiking trip plans to speak publicly this week.

State Police Sgt. John Perrine says 14-year-old Liberty German's grandfather will make a statement during a Thursday news conference in Delphi, but won't discuss the ongoing double-murder investigation.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/in...slain-with-friend-to-speak-publicly/420508139

Meanwhile, the reward for information leading to the arrest of the girls' killer continues to grow. But the big dollars aren’t giving investigators the big break they need to make an arrest.

Researchers have found that too often cash isn’t enough to get people talking.

The reward hit $219,000 Monday. It is a lot of money and a lot of people can’t understand why that much cash hasn’t pried lose the information police need to find those responsible for the deaths of the teenagers.

Even more surprising, investigators said phone and emailed tips from the public have declined significantly since the reward topped $200,000.

That promise of a big pay day, researchers call a "carrot on a stick," isn’t as powerful as many think.

"No," Spencer Headworth, assistant professor of sociology at Purdue University said. "Unfortunately, we can say not most of the time."

Headworth cited research showing rewards go unclaimed 90 percent of the time, in many instances because of fear.

"Fear of incrimination, if they were involved in the crime in some way. Fear of reprisals from the person or person responsible, or others associated with them," Headworth explained.

http://www.wthr.com/article/parents-of-murdered-delphi-girls-to-speak-publicly-thursday

Or it could be that perp is a straight up loner with almost zero friends or family. Most serial killer's, if that's what we have here, are complete loners who are left to their own vices.

It's also crossed my mind that suspect may have already silenced those who would have come forward to identify him. Imagine his surprise when he saw those still shots of himself all over the news! You can bet he wasn't expecting that.

Which leads me to my second theory. This guy may have killed himself already and is rotting away at home waiting to be discovered. I know it's rare that people like the this commit suicide but, given the unique circumstances in this case I think it's highly probable. After all, most serial killers think they'll never be caught.

There's no norm, imo. Each case is different.

The families will speak Thurs.

Agreed, depends on so many variables . The waiting is hard , when I will start to really worry will be when we quit hearing from anyone involved with the case in any way .
They say no news is good news...Hopefully that will apply here !

Are you talking about Lizzie and Lyric's case? I don't know when the last presser was, but their case is going on 5 years unsolved. It's been 4 and half years since they were murdered.

Your right and I think about it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member