IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When will LE have another presser? What's the norm for cases like this? 2 and then no more?

I followed the Hannah Graham (sp) case here and chief Longo had updates frequently, but they also had a suspect, etc. So there was more to update.
There's no norm, imo. Each case is different.

The families will speak Thurs.

When will LE have another presser? What's the norm for cases like this? 2 and then no more?

I followed the Hannah Graham (sp) case here and chief Longo had updates frequently, but they also had a suspect, etc. So there was more to update.

Not having a new presser is because they have no info they can share. When they can share, they will.

There are plenty of plausible things to consider but many prefer to stay in their comfort zones and look for mirages in the leaves or talk about serial killers, hoodies, fanny packs and sex offenders, again.
During the press conference, Assistant Special Agent Massa(sp?) said to consider the behavior indicators located on the FBI's webpage. Haven't seen a link for the behavior indicators posted here or discussion.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah. Were still waiting . . . . :waiting:

I gasped a little, then calmed down and then gasped again lol. I can't tell... did y'all see the brown fanny pack/pouch on his right hip??? [emoji44]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I looked closer, it appears to not be a brown fanny pack, but part of the chair in the background.

Why haven't they provided a height and weight estimate for BG? Also, if other parts of the audio / video recording contain sensitive information, is technology available to isolate his voice? I think people underestimate how difficult it is to recognize someones voice in such a short snippet of audio.

Not having a new presser is because they have no info they can share. When they can share, they will.
IMO
I respectfully disagree - there is more they can and should release, video of perp walking, better audio (you can pretty clearly hear him say 'go') a more precise timeline and other evidence that will in no way hinder a prosecution.
Thanks everyone for their thoughtful and well intentioned posts here.
Just my opinion.

I just spend 30 minutes recording me saying DOWN in my Indiana pseudo southern hick drawl I realized that I sure do not pronounce my words sharply.

Down is more like da-ah-ouh-n.. all ran together . Like I'm trying to be Southern but not quite successful because I speak faster than a true Southern person.

You would also have to say it as an authoritative command. The random people who deal with this guy at gas stations, truck stops, loading docks, whatever may never have heard him bark an order. But someone he knows well has.

Why do you say that? I'm not looking forward to hearing from distraught relatives. It's going to be very sad.

I agree it will be sad , that being said though , I'm hoping we will pick up some sort of little clues from their verbiage .

There are plenty of plausible things to consider but many prefer to stay in their comfort zones and look for mirages in the leaves or talk about serial killers, hoodies, fanny packs and sex offenders, again.
During the press conference, Assistant Special Agent Massa(sp?) said to consider the behavior indicators located on the FBI's webpage. Haven't seen a link for the behavior indicators posted here or discussion.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Post it here and start the discussion... I would love to see something new on here to talk about ;)

When I looked closer, it appears to not be a brown fanny pack, but part of the chair in the background.

Oh rats! Thanks for the catch!

It appears there might be some confusion as to what is going on with the bridge.

The trail ends at the bridge. The bridge itself appears to still be owned by CSX:

https://www.indianalandmarks.org/endangered-property/monon-high-bridge/

CSX has wanted to tear it down for some years, now, however they appear to be open to the idea of helping to fix up the structure, and make it friendly to walkers.

Yes Indiana does database their DL/ID photos. They also do facial recognition comparing them with other in-state and out-of-state DL/ID photos.

Yes Indiana does have a License To Carry A Handgun (concealed or open in view) but bad guys are not going to go through the expense and hassle to get one. (It requires money and being finger printed and a ISP background check) I'm not saying he was not in possession of a firearm, he could have been. We don't know yet. But in Indiana, carrying a gun without a license is only a misdemeanor unless you're a convicted felon or otherwise prohibited person.

Just thinking this creep may have been in compliance at some point, at least to bypass a background check at point of purchase

I just spend 30 minutes recording me saying DOWN in my Indiana pseudo southern hick drawl I realized that I sure do not pronounce my words sharply.

Down is more like da-ah-ouh-n.. all ran together . Like I'm trying to be Southern but not quite successful because I speak faster than a true Southern person.

Well, to me there is the issue of this being recorded from a cell phone and at a short distance at best . Most people don't sound the same on a phone as in person so I have to wonder if he were standing next to me and spoke if I would realize it was his voice ...iDK

IMO
I respectfully disagree - there is more they can and should release, video of perp walking, better audio (you can pretty clearly hear him say 'go') a more precise timeline and other evidence that will in no way hinder a prosecution.
Thanks everyone for their thoughtful and well intentioned posts here.
Just my opinion.

That's a matter of opinion. What I hear is audio cutting in/out, and no hard g's anywhere in that audio. jmo

Just thinking this creep may have been in compliance at some point, at least to bypass a background check at point of purchase

Private sales of firearms do not require registration or official transfer of ownership. 2nd Amendment rights and all that.

I agree it will be sad , that being said though , I'm hoping we will pick up some sort of little clues from their verbiage .

It's important for them to speak so they can emotionally appeal to whoever might be covering for the suspect, and keep this story fresh in the news.

Remember Karina Vetrano's mom?

I wonder if he used a motorcycle for his get a way vehicle. Might have been easier to hide. Really any off highway vehicle. Indiana operators license for this?

Going on the theory he sounded authoritative. I have started to wonder if other people visiting that day noticed cars parked nearby.

Where I live, there are 2 middle aged white men that drive 'fake' cop cars. By fake I mean they resemble LE vehicles from about 10-12 years ago. Same type of sedan. Tinted windows, several long antennas, the big silver lights, etc.

Private sales of firearms do not require registration or official transfer of ownership. 2nd Amendment rights and all that.

Anyone remember Christy Sheats from the horrible Texas tragedy? She inherited her gun from her Grandfather and it didn't require registration or official transfer of ownership. However: she did not meet the requirements for open carry when she applied for it. I don't know, but firearm inheritance laws may vary from state-to-state.

Has Marc Klaas commented on Abby and Libby's case yet? Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member