IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've waivered on my theory with social media involvement. I'm leaning toward thinking this was not an organized meetup but the perp did know the girls would be there that day. IMO it was due to social media stalking or someone that knows them or knows a family member or friend who also knew they would be there. The area just seems too remote, not enough traffic for a random planned crime of opportunity. JMO.

Edited to add: The tight timeline also leads me to believe it was not a completely random crime of opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. He seemed awfully prepared for it to be a random encounter. I believe that he found out about a trip to the bridge either through overhearing (Did they eat a restaurant, stop at a gas station or a store beforehand where he could overhear their plans?) or through a Facebook posting.

I don't believe it was a coincidence that he was there and I don't believe that they were "catfished". I believe he is a stranger to the girls who knew they were going to be there and came prepared.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. He seemed awfully prepared for it to be a random encounter. I believe that he found out about a trip to the bridge either through overhearing (Did they eat a restaurant, stop at a gas station or a store beforehand where he could overhear their plans?) or through a Facebook posting.

I don't believe it was a coincidence that he was there and I don't believe that they were "catfished". I believe he is a stranger to the girls who knew they were going to be there and came prepared.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

He was definitely prepared. I just don't know if he was looking for these specific girls or children in general. It was a day off school and even if it hadn't been, he was prowling the trail in the mid afternoon around the time school would normally let out. He may have been looking for children in general or he may have known these specific girls were going to be there.

It would be good to get an FBI profile of BG today at the press conference if it was possible. The press conference is going to be emotional your heart always breaks for the families especially those who have tragically lost young loved ones.

Hello, new here. I live about an hour away in Noblesville, IN. My wife grew up right next door to Delphi, so we have been following closely.

In my opinion this is a crime of opportunity, but with pre-mediated intent and planning beforehand. This took place on a Monday, which was recognized as Presidents day by the school systems. The perp knew that the kids were not in school on this day. Not only that, it was unseasonably warm, I remember it being somewhere in the low 60s I believe. Central Indiana had a few days of great weather and I think the perp purposely set out knowing that children were out of school, and would be outside enjoying the warm weather in a usually cold February. I think he also recognized that this trail wouldn't be as busy with adults, because most adults work on Presidents day. He most likely grew up in the area as a kid, or worked in the area and knows it well. Maybe he took Presidents day off himself, and was visiting his sick and elderly mom or dad for a three day weekend.

He walked along the creek during the morning, kind of planning out how he would do the crime in his head and where he would make the victims walk to. He could have watched the girls from a distance, and as they got on the bridge, he followed. He may of casually passed them on the bridge once, to get a closer look at their size and vulnerability. Maybe even walking to the beginning of the trail, to make sure no parents or other people were around. Then heading back directly towards them. This could have been when the girls sensed danger. One girl pulled out her phone and pretended to be taking a picture of the landscape, but recording him the whole time. Maybe at the point when he intercepted them, he either took the phone, or she put it in her pocket. I hope she put it in her pocket, and there is a lot more of the recording to help LE. Hell, they could even have the whole murder on audio. I remember one LE saying this is the most evil thing he has seen in 30 years of law enforcement. I'm guessing he came prepared with a gun, knife, rope, maybe zip ties, etc. Most likely he only hoped to find one lonely woman or girl on the trail, then he spotted two. He probably improvised in his head. Maybe he zip tied their hands together so that one couldn't run off. Just the fact that it happened when there was no school, and a warm day in February, he probably had picked out the exact spot he would kill them, then casually walk off to his car close to the cemetery. I bet it was well thought out. Pure evil.

I remember reading on facebook about 9pm I believe that two girls were missing on the Monon trail in Delphi, I immediately wanted to jump in the car and go search. Then I read they were going to halt the search until the morning, but they knew the girls weren't dressed for the cold the night would bring. It hurt my heart, those poor girls.

Has it been stated by LE that the area Libby & Abby were found had been searched on the 13th but were not found until the 14th? I'm perplexed because I can't understand how no one found them if that area was searched. I understand it was dark, however, they were not covered/hidden in anyway, correct? Maybe I am misunderstanding this?

We don't know that they weren't covered and to interpret that Logan's description of a 'pristine' area post crime scene suggests that they were not covered or hidden in any way is a step I am not willing to take. We have absolutely no idea what the scene looked like before it was released to the public. We also do not know if that area was searched on the night of the 13th. The place was on high alert, he didn't sneak the bodies back from elsewhere. That would be entirely too risky. Remember, he preys on the innocent children because he doesn't want a fight. He isn't going to flaunt his luck by transporting bodies INTO search area. They were there but no one got that far in the search that night.

Forensics will answer all of those questions anyway. If they were moved post-mortem, it will show and LE knows the answers. It is not necessary to over complicate this. We know that they went for a trail hike in broad daylight and 25 hours later, in bright daylight, they were found, dead, in the woods near the trail, by searchers who saw footprints and followed them.

Searchers, mostly friends, family and neighbors searched the first night. I doubt they were working on a grid. The call was made at 5:30p and by 6:30p they were getting permission to search Logan's property. I will guess that all the property owners in the area were asked too but it didn't mean the search would immediately follow, but rather in preparation for a sweep should it become necessary, without having to stop and get permission at every property line during the actual search.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, but have been following your threads from the beginning. Something drew me in to pray for this situation, I check it every day. I have been playing with BG's photo on Photoshop and thought I'd post this photo. I enlarged it and put some filters on it to smooth out the pixels. Not sure if it will load in the image size I saved it. I can clearly see his right hand (partially in pocket), watch on wrist, and he is holding something that looks shiny or white. Also brown facial hair. IMO. Hope I am posting this correctly. Experimenting. I can enlarge the face or the hand if anyone would like to see that.
attachment.php

Attachments

• BG enlarged.jpg
    BG enlarged.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 125
  • BG final.jpg
    BG final.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 734
February 13 wasn't Presidents Day. February 20 was. February 13 was a scheduled day off due to not using snow days, if I recall correctly.

I know, right?! Plus, it's literally in the midwest lol. I'm curious though how some people come to that conclusion. Literally flat out curious.
Geographically it's actually not in the Midwest. It was designated part of the "Midwestern region" when the country was being dissected into regions. Looking at a map it's geographically upper mid eastern technically.[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hello, new here. I live about an hour away in Noblesville, IN. My wife grew up right next door to Delphi, so we have been following closely.

In my opinion this is a crime of opportunity, but with pre-mediated intent and planning beforehand. This took place on a Monday, which was recognized as Presidents day by the school systems.

I remember reading on facebook about 9pm I believe that two girls were missing on the Monon trail in Delphi, I immediately wanted to jump in the car and go search. Then I read they were going to halt the search until the morning, but they knew the girls weren't dressed for the cold the night would bring. It hurt my heart, those poor girls.

Snipped for focus & BBM
The girls were out of school on Monday, February 13 as the schools didn't use a pre planned snow day. President's Day was not until the next Monday, February 20.

Still, you have a point that it could have been fairly common knowledge in the community that the kids were not going to be in class on Mon Feb 13.

For reference, there is a media thread on the first page of each individual thread of this subject. Even though I've followed this case since day 1 or 2, I find it helpful to refresh my memory with the actual facts.

Welcome to WebSleuths!

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, but have been following your threads from the beginning. Something drew me in to pray for this situation, I check it every day. I have been playing with BG's photo on Photoshop and thought I'd post this photo. I enlarged it and put some filters on it to smooth out the pixels. Not sure if it will load in the image size I saved it. I can clearly see his right hand (partially in pocket), watch on wrist, and he is holding something that looks shiny or white. Also brown facial hair. IMO. Hope I am posting this correctly. Experimenting. I can enlarge the face or the hand if anyone would like to see that.
attachment.php

Wow! great job! Thank you!

I just don't see where he is holding something shiny or white... could be my eyes though (i need glasses.. shhh.. don't tell anyone! lol)

Snipped for focus & BBM
The girls were out of school on Monday, February 13 as the schools didn't use a pre planned snow day. President's Day was not until the next Monday, February 20.

Still, you have a point that it could have been fairly common knowledge in the community that the kids were not going to be in class on Mon Feb 13.

For reference, there is a media thread on the first page of each individual thread of this subject. Even though I've followed this case since day 1 or 2, I find it helpful to refresh my memory with the actual facts.

Welcome to WebSleuths!

Also many businesses were closed here on Presidents Day. Maybe BG works somewhere that was closed that day too...(narrows search)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was definitely prepared. I just don't know if he was looking for these specific girls or children in general. It was a day off school and even if it hadn't been, he was prowling the trail in the mid afternoon around the time school would normally let out. He may have been looking for children in general or he may have known these specific girls were going to be there.
Like he was literally the troll under the bridge in the Three Billy Goats Gruff.

I think he WAITED for just the right victim. I don't think he set out for two, but I can almost picture him loitering under the bridge and hanging around the trail head where it meets up with the bridge. Maybe he was waiting for them to leave the area so he could grab a lady jogger, or walker, maybe he hoped they'd split up. Maybe he finally didn't care and went for it.

But I feel like he was cruising for an encounter that day. He was ready.

Geographically it's actually not in the Midwest. It was designated part of the "Midwestern region" when the country was being dissected into regions. Looking at a map it's geographically upper mid eastern technically.[emoji4]

And "Midwestern" is actually just "Mid" considering all that stuff west of it. LOL

Just a friendly suggestion...

I highly recommend everyone, new posters and "veterans" alike to go back to basics every so often by reading the highlights of facts as posted in the media thread on the first page. I did so myself tonight and was surprised that I needed a fresh recall on some of the basics, even after following the case from the beginning.

Hi everyone,
attachment.php
Great Work~~I'd like to see a closer image of the face if you have one?

Also, some random thoughts?

Anyone in the cemetery possibly die on or around the 13th or 14th? Could he have been visiting a decreased relative in the cemetery or knew the area b/c he had previously visited a deceased relative?

Also, on the image posted way way back by NIN (thanks NIN!!) Could the logo on the shirt be a Pokeman logo like this?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-logo.JPG
    Capture-logo.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 507
Also many businesses were closed here on Presidents Day. Maybe BG works somewhere that was closed that day too...(narrows search)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President's Day was the following week. This was an unused snow day. Parents still working, kids not in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214