IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a friendly suggestion...

I highly recommend everyone, new posters and "veterans" alike to go back to basics every so often by reading the highlights of facts as posted in the media thread on the first page. I did so myself tonight and was surprised that I needed a fresh recall on some of the basics, even after following the case from the beginning.
Very good idea! Especially with how far down the rabbit hole we've all traveled so far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Also many businesses were closed here on Presidents Day. Maybe BG works somewhere that was closed that day too...(narrows search)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM-
Are you still confused about the actual date the girls went missing? They did not go missing on President's Day. It was the Monday prior on Feb 13th , as I just pointed out in my previous post to you.

Or maybe I am the one confused by your reply.

The girls went missing on Mon Feb 13. President's Day was the following Monday, Feb 20!

Has it been stated by LE that the area Libby & Abby were found had been searched on the 13th but were not found until the 14th? I'm perplexed because I can't understand how no one found them if that area was searched. I understand it was dark, however, they were not covered/hidden in anyway, correct? Maybe I am misunderstanding this?

I have not seen anything that would tell us whether they did or did not search that area on 13th.

However, if LE has indeed made no clear statement about whether that area was or was not searched then LE has withheld that information for a reason.

You're not misunderstanding it. You (we) simply do not have enough information at this time.

I have not seen anything that would tell us whether they did or did not search that area on 13th.

However, if LE has indeed made no clear statement about whether that area was or was not searched then LE has withheld that information for a reason.

You're not misunderstanding it. You (we) simply do not have enough information at this time.
Thank you. I have not been able to find anything else online (news from LE) stating anything about this, so I agree with you. LE is withholding that info. I was also wondering if there were Private Property signs posted on Mr. Logan's property where the girls were found? I keep thinking the perp knew this area. MOO

This is a good point. So that rules out family, friends and acquaintances.

It is impossible to second guess why Liberty did what she did or whether she did or did not know the suspect.

If I saw someone I knew or recognised scuttling along a bridge, possibly overdressed for the weather, and possibly packing something under their jacket, then I might record the moment for posterity or to show to friends / family.

I can barely remember what it is to be 13 / 14 years old, but we seem to now live in a time when people record / film everything. This is the age of mobile phones with cameras. Liberty had her phone / camera handy; she'd been taking photographs of the excursion; she was in 'camera mode'.

Impossible (for me) to guess why she caught him on film.

Great Work~~I'd like to see a closer image of the face if you have one?

We are working with such a poor image to begin with - but here is the face enlarged. Pretty blurry but seems to have a lot of brown hair.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bg face.gif
    bg face.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 518
When I look at some of the images of the area where the girls were, minus the bridge, it looks similar to what I and a number of my neighbors basically have for a backyard. I'm wondering (and hoping) if maybe some of the people living near that area had a trail cam or two set up. I live in a rural area and I know people around here often have them. We had a cam in the front of our home & one close to a back entrance, but after the murders of the family (Rhoden's) in OH, my hubs put up some more around the property.

It is impossible to second guess why Liberty did what she did or whether she did or did not know the suspect.

If I saw someone I knew or recognised scuttling along a bridge, possibly overdressed for the weather, and possibly packing something under their jacket, then I might record the moment for posterity or to show to friends / family.

I can barely remember what it is to be 13 / 14 years old, but we seem to now live in a time when people record / film everything. This is the age of mobile phones with cameras. Liberty had her phone / camera handy; she'd been taking photographs of the excursion; she was in 'camera mode'.

Impossible (for me) to guess why she caught him on film.
Alot of younger people record everything that happens around them. So it possibly could of been recorded to show her friends, kinda like a "what is he wearing" or "look at this creepy guy" type of situation, or maybe a "look we are meeting so and so for the first time, here he comes" .. so many possibilities, like you said it is impossible to know why she recorded him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

on the radio show tonight they talked about a video that someone did that shows him walking on the bridge. They created this with the two pictures they had of him. Do you have a link to that video, or know where I could find it?

It is this amazing vid created by Independent Feed within the first minute.

[video=youtube;oJ1XaHIFwRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ1XaHIFwRs[/video]

Hello, new here. I live about an hour away in Noblesville, IN. My wife grew up right next door to Delphi, so we have been following closely.

In my opinion this is a crime of opportunity, but with pre-mediated intent and planning beforehand. This took place on a Monday, which was recognized as Presidents day by the school systems. The perp knew that the kids were not in school on this day. Not only that, it was unseasonably warm, I remember it being somewhere in the low 60s I believe. Central Indiana had a few days of great weather and I think the perp purposely set out knowing that children were out of school, and would be outside enjoying the warm weather in a usually cold February. I think he also recognized that this trail wouldn't be as busy with adults, because most adults work on Presidents day. He most likely grew up in the area as a kid, or worked in the area and knows it well. Maybe he took Presidents day off himself, and was visiting his sick and elderly mom or dad for a three day weekend.

He walked along the creek during the morning, kind of planning out how he would do the crime in his head and where he would make the victims walk to. He could have watched the girls from a distance, and as they got on the bridge, he followed. He may of casually passed them on the bridge once, to get a closer look at their size and vulnerability. Maybe even walking to the beginning of the trail, to make sure no parents or other people were around. Then heading back directly towards them. This could have been when the girls sensed danger. One girl pulled out her phone and pretended to be taking a picture of the landscape, but recording him the whole time. Maybe at the point when he intercepted them, he either took the phone, or she put it in her pocket. I hope she put it in her pocket, and there is a lot more of the recording to help LE. Hell, they could even have the whole murder on audio. I remember one LE saying this is the most evil thing he has seen in 30 years of law enforcement. I'm guessing he came prepared with a gun, knife, rope, maybe zip ties, etc. Most likely he only hoped to find one lonely woman or girl on the trail, then he spotted two. He probably improvised in his head. Maybe he zip tied their hands together so that one couldn't run off. Just the fact that it happened when there was no school, and a warm day in February, he probably had picked out the exact spot he would kill them, then casually walk off to his car close to the cemetery. I bet it was well thought out. Pure evil.

I remember reading on facebook about 9pm I believe that two girls were missing on the Monon trail in Delphi, I immediately wanted to jump in the car and go search. Then I read they were going to halt the search until the morning, but they knew the girls weren't dressed for the cold the night would bring. It hurt my heart, those poor girls.

Oh goodness, I was wrong about Presidents day. It was the day before Valentines day when they went missing, so yes, a pre-planned school day. Thank you for those who pointed that out! I am leaning towards the perp being someone who grew up in the area and still has a mom or dad that he goes to visit. Maybe he saw a niece or nephew that weekend at his families house, who had talked about not having school on Monday. Everyone would have already been talking about how the weather was going to reach above 60 degrees in February. Maybe he thought this would be the perfect day to go searching for a victim. Maybe he even went to the trail on Saturday and Sunday and walked it multiple times to come up with his plan.

I'm not trying to be judgemental, but growing up in central Indiana, this guys looks just like the type of guy who probably smokes cigarettes. It would be tedious work, but I wonder if the police are looking at surveillance footage, of local convenience stores from the weekend before the murder. I can just picture this type of guy visiting his mom over the weekend, and making a run to the local gas station to buy cigarettes. Very small town, only a limited number of places to buy from. Maybe he felt comfortable enough that he could commit the crime, then leave town and head back to wherever he lives. I would guess between 1-3 hours away. At least this is how it plays out in my head.

Very good idea! Especially with how far down the rabbit hole we've all traveled so far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Not to mention just not knowing the basic facts of the case.

I hope no one will take the suggestion as me being snarky but the misinformation of the basic facts kind of drives me batty.

Rant over. [emoji4]

#FindHim!

ok...just from a different perspective...but the video of BG crossing the bridge might have been filmed by one the girls as they were having a giggle at an older man turning up to meet them at a pre-arranged meeting? like - "omg...he is so old" or 'omg...look at this dude that turned up to meet us' kind of thoughts....maybe to post later on snapchat for a laugh?

Alot of younger people record everything that happens around them. So it possibly could of been recorded to show her friends, kinda like a "what is he wearing" or "look at this creepy guy" type of situation, or maybe a "look we are meeting so and so for the first time, here he comes" .. so many possibilities, like you said it is impossible to know why she recorded him.

lol, forget my post...i was thinking along the same lines :p

Also, in the image, I have saw people say he has a lot of brown hair. To me, it looks like he is wearing a camoflauge ball cap.The rim is severely warped/bent. I remember sometime between 1995-2000, this was very popular in central Indiana. During baseball season when we got new ballcaps, we would bend the rim in half until they sides touched each other. Today its popular for people to keep the rim flat or fairly straight. I still see a lot of country folk from the 30-40 yr old generation who wear their hat with this severely curved look. I'm almost certain that this is an old camoflauge ballcap, with a warped curve to it. Here is a link to an image of what I am talking about below, best I could find as an example.

https://capconno.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/asian-hats.jpg?w=300&h=216

There has to be a empty liquor bottle somewhere with his dna on it. Jmo.

How many liquor stores in Delphi? Someone knows this guy from the bar or liquor store. Jmo

ok...just from a different perspective...but the video of BG crossing the bridge might have been filmed by one the girls as they were having a giggle at an older man turning up to meet them at a pre-arranged meeting? like - "omg...he is so old" or 'omg...look at this dude that turned up to meet us' kind of thoughts....maybe to post later on snapchat for a laugh?

If it was prearranged then he would have been tracked digitally. Even if he used his sisters computer to catfish these young girls on social media.

(modsnip)

Incredibly, LG took a video of BG approaching her and her bff. As Sheryl stated this evening during the podcast, BG purposefully trapped them on the High Bridge.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, but have been following your threads from the beginning. Something drew me in to pray for this situation, I check it every day. I have been playing with BG's photo on Photoshop and thought I'd post this photo. I enlarged it and put some filters on it to smooth out the pixels. Not sure if it will load in the image size I saved it. I can clearly see his right hand (partially in pocket), watch on wrist, and he is holding something that looks shiny or white. Also brown facial hair. IMO. Hope I am posting this correctly. Experimenting. I can enlarge the face or the hand if anyone would like to see that.
attachment.php

Hello and welcome! These photos have already been posted dozens of times by members here after running them through a series of enhancements, programs,,etc. and discussed extensively. I suggest taking a quick look through the previous threads. You'll find them. Thanks for jumping in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13