IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As horrific that the whole thing ended up. I just get a sick feeling when I think of how terrified those two little girls must have been when they realized that they had been trapped by an evil waste of skin .
I pray he is found and stopped before he kills more children and destroys more families .
My neice was murdered nine years ago, and her mother is still grieving her loss...we all are .
He not only took away those little girls lives, but he took away a lot of the innocence that kids their age have ...We live in a community about the size of Delphi and something like this leaves a lasting scar on the whole community .
I hope he gets caught soon and pays the ultimate price.
What a waste of skin !

I can't even imagine...Prayers to you & your niece's mother...and the entire family.

I'm sorry. But plenty of the men that I seen on the news from that town during the vigil or services looked similar to the guy.

So I would probably ask all to submit dna voluntarily and be suspicious of the ones that doesn't want to.

Especially since its a small knit community and its possible that the perp is related to someone there.
They did just that.....

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_174b8930-f583-11e6-94ec-d314d7e35148.html

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

cut/pasted from closed thread:
How did he know that it was his ex who reported him? Certainly LE doesn't tell people this...? [ in response to t tip about a possible suspect...]

I think that sometimes people can figure out who turned them in by the questions police ask them. I have called in anonymous tips to CPS before, and one time my crazy neighbor knew it was me because of what I had told them. It happened in my front yard so they knew who reported them.

Yes, in some cases it would be possible for the perp to know who reported him just by what info police have. I was also thinking about the reward. Although tips to 'crimestoppers' (not sure if it's crimestoppers in this case, but same deal where the tips CAN be anonymous)....... if a tipster is hoping to collect on part of the reward money, then wouldn't that rule out the ability to remain anonymous? Although they wouldn't publish names of tipsters collecting reward money, wouldn't police have access to that info though? And if police knew who an important tip came from, then wouldn't that open the door for police to fully investigate *that* person, and in so doing, what if they came upon a pile of perhaps circumstantial type evidence? Could the tipster then be required to testify in court at least in regard to the stuff found by police aside from the actual tip itself? Hope that's clearer than mud?

It is true with preteens and teens alike. LG texted a friend about seeing a strange male dressed in black. LG snapped photos of her bff showing the bluff below. She knew something freaky was happening, slowly yet surely. Incredibly, LG took a video of BG approaching her and her bff. As Sheryl stated this evening during the podcast, BG purposefully trapped them on the High Bridge.

BBM
Will you please provide a link or explanation about Liberty "texting a friend about seeing a strange man dressed in black"?

No one else seems to recall this detail. TIA

Not exactly. The article reports that LE has been asking for voluntary DNA samples to be given from the people they are already questioning in the case, but not from the entire male population. I think the OP was proposing that *all* be asked to submit samples, and then wonder about any that refuse. moo.

from the link:
Police have been asking for DNA samples and permission to search people’s cell phones in their continuing investigation into the slaying of two Delphi teens.

“We’ve basically done it with any person of interest, with any person that we’ve talked to,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Feb. 17. “We’ve asked people to do that, and they have willingly done it. We haven’t had to get a search warrant for that.”

I see we're still beating those photo's to death. This case is so frustrating, because basically all we have are the photos. I don't think we have missed anything in them though.

Bear with me, I know I'm a long-winded writer.. and these are just my thoughts to date.

I believe that Libby recorded that video on her phone from a distance... my belief is based on the poor quality of the photo-captures of the suspect that LE took from the video. At that distance, I'm not sure that the girls could have actually seen much detail. If the perp was closer, I think the quality would have been much better.

In any case, for me, it begs the question, 'why did Libby take the video of the perp when he was quite a distance away from the girls?' If the perp was in fact far away, then there would not have been fear that he's going to attack them. According to reports I read earlier, there had been no murders in Delphi for 15 years. Safe community.

This leads me to believe that either Libby happened to capture the man on video just in the background while she was recording something else, OR she was dealing with perhaps somewhat uncomfortable anticipation of meeting this person.. that he was unknown to them, but that it was a planned meeting. Perhaps the girls were up to something they knew was risky for young girls.... like what?

Earlier I had wondered if perhaps one of their friends, or schoolmates, or teammates, or some other known person to them, had become upset with them for some unknown reason, and the parent could have been seeking revenge or something, for said perceived injustice - perceived bullying? getting their kid involved in something they didn't want their kid involved with? I also posted info about a historical case in Toronto where the perp had contacted his prey and made bogus arrangements with her to do a photoshoot for an upcoming track meet that was about to occur. Today I read about the man police thought was responsible for the murders of Lyric and Elizabeth having previously lured his earlier prey by offering them an odd job, presumably to earn some extra money. Others here have theorized he could have had some ploy such as leading them to an injured animal, whatever. The possibilities are endless.

Police in their press conference seemed to state that it was more likely than not, that prior contact had been made between the perp and L&A, through SM or some other means. Whatever the ploy could have been, it makes sense that if the girls had made some kind of arrangements with this BG, the girls might be feeling a little leery about meeting him alone, and that could explain the video recording, which at the time, could have just been simple apprehension about meeting an unknown, even under perhaps good intentions (such as perhaps, hey I like your photos, can I get you to take some photos of me with some deer out at the bridge, I'll pay you! - whatever).

Police have been checking the cellphones of those whom they question in this case. Is it possible that Libby's phone could have had texts or FB msgs on it worth questioning, but they aren't able to discern who they're from? (Forgive my ignorance on how it works). ie if someone on FB with a fake name, msgd Libby and made bogus arrangements to meet with her and Abby, police would know the FB name, but not necessarily the identity of the real person, right? (I have heard that FB is not necessarily forthcoming with LE about handing over contents of someone's FB account). So if police then started checking all of the phones from those whom they question, if they found a match... voila!

BBM
Will you please provide a link or explanation about Liberty "texting a friend about seeing a strange man dressed in black"?

No one else seems to recall this detail. TIA

I saw an interview with one of the girls' friends, where she mentioned the man in black, and said that it was just a rumor.
This would be a key detail, the interview with the sheriff is so disheartening, it seems like they don't have much.

I tried to create a little map to show (me) the distance between the neighbor's house, to the Monon Bridge....... I went onto googlemaps, punched in the property owner's address, added the 'walking' filter... but it is taking me way out of the way... this map below shows the address, and the bridge. Keep in mind that it was reported that the bodies were located almost a mile from the bridge, and on the neighbor's 40 acre property. I can't tell where the property lines begin and end. Is there someone with better mapping skills that can show a picture/map of this area showing: neighbor's property, cemetery, bridge, and perhaps a guess as to where the neighbor's property ends/begins? (Note that the 2 rectangle pieces directly across from the property owner's house, are the cemetery lands. And don't forget to DISREGARD my silly walking instrucitons of 8.9 miles!!)

attachment.php

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/5858...1813edb!2m2!1d-86.642867!2d40.5890721!3e2!4e1

Attachments

• logan to bridge.jpg
    logan to bridge.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 510
I saw an interview with one of the girls' friends, where she mentioned the man in black, and said that it was just a rumor.
This would be a key detail, the interview with the sheriff is so disheartening, it seems like they don't have much.
I didn't know an interview with a one of the girl's friends exist. Is this interview verified real?

The Sheriff sounded almost apologetic/sheepish when he was agreeing with the 'reporter' who was asking him about the length of time for DNA/evidence-testing results, etc. Could all just be.... politics though. Who knows?

Re "the man in black", there was definitely an article early on, interviewing a local teen who mentioned other kids saying they saw a man all dressed in black on the trail. Then she said it might just be a rumour. It didn't refer to the girls seeing him. It didn't refer to texts.

I'll try & find it.

"Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday after noon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw.

"They said that they had said, 'Hi' and he, like, just brushed them off and kept going," Chasity said.

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

"The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently. They circulated his photo Wednesday, saying he would have been on the trail at the same time as the girls."

http://www.wthr.com/article/memorial-grows-as-police-continue-search-for-delphi-girls-killer

I would imagine/think that any/everybody that had any communication with either of the girls through their phone is known.
I have suspected from the beginning that this was a chance meeting, not a planned encounter/meeting.
With technology today LE/FBI has the capability/know how to see every communication between the girls and anyone they communicated with.
I do not think he is from the area. If they did retrieve any dna it is probably not viable, with the FBI involved seems it would have been fast trac

That photo won't find this man. U can bet you last dollar
he looks nothing like that any more.

I'm pretty far behind so I hope the soda discussion isn't too passé. I ordered a chocolate soda once in N J and was given a coke with chocolate syrup In it. I was expecting an ice cream soda...anyway, now I say coke for a soft drink and soda for an ice cream delight.

"Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday after noon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw.

"They said that they had said, 'Hi' and he, like, just brushed them off and kept going," Chasity said.

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

"The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently. They circulated his photo Wednesday, saying he would have been on the trail at the same time as the girls."

http://www.wthr.com/article/memorial-grows-as-police-continue-search-for-delphi-girls-killer

I think the 'man in black' might be a middle school rumor. I used to work in the principal's office in a middle school. Part of my job was to set up meetings with him and 'concerned' parents and students about things they were 'upset ' about. The initial stories were quite often very colorful and scandalous because of the wild middle school rumor mill. Once we got the story straight, there was not usually a mystery 'man in black.' More like someone's father dropping them off, wearing a black windbreaker...

It would be good to get an FBI profile of BG today at the press conference if it was possible. The press conference is going to be emotional your heart always breaks for the families especially those who have tragically lost young loved ones.

Today is only Wednesday in the USA. 7:26am Wednesday morning to be exact. You still have like 26.5 hours to wait (assuming it's at 10am like the only other one they've had so far), just trying to be helpful.

With a background in Criminal Justice....here is my personal opinions. I've racked my brain for these past 3 weeks and this is my synopsis based upon my education and the facts we have been given. Again....JMOO

I don't think BG is a SK....yet. Stocky build, appx. 5'8 - 5'10 and 240lbs. He is at the end of Gen X and beginning of Baby Boomer Generation....somewhere between 45 and 55 y/o. He doesn't have a good understanding of technology, especially cell phones. The date is VERY important in my mind. The day before Valentine's Day...the National day of Rejection for some. I don't believe he was there to kill Libby and Abby in particular....or even kill in general. I think the sight of them....beautiful and young girls....possibly laughing and giggling...took him back to a childhood of rejection and it set him off...he escalated! I think he is an Average Joe that no one is suspecting. I think he might live with his Mother....but would definitely assume he emotionally abused as a child....if not physically and/or sexually....likely by a father who he could never please. I think he is longing for love and needs to be in control...to prove his value and make people "see" him for once.

I think his averageness is what is making him so hard to identify. I don't believe he is a transient. He knew that area. He had to...especially in the way he traversed the creek at its most shallow point. I think he lives within a 60 mile radius of Delphi....most likely Lafayette, where it would be easy to blend in amidst the coming and going of college students and their parents. I believe someone is having an inner battle with themselves about sending in a tip, but they say to themselves "no Average Joe couldn't possibly do that." It may even be his elderly mother or another elderly person he cares for. I don't think he appears to be the monster that he has proven himself to be. I would go as far as that he probably goes to church regularly, but always sits in the back or alone. He may work in manufacturing or one of the meat plants. Some job that has enough employees and that is so average/replaceable that no one misses him if he isn't there.

I don't believe there was a sexual assault...at least not on both girls. I don't feel he had the time or the control over the girls. They fought....really hard! Especially Libby in my eyes! She had taken self defense classes and I think she fought valiantly to save herself and her best friend. I think he intended to rape them, but couldn't with the fight they put up. I think there was extensive struggle and blood shed by BG himself. I do believe that type of DNA evidence exists, but he is no obvious match in CODIS. Either because he has never committed a felony, or at least recently enough, to warrant a DNA sample or he truly has never committed a crime, but I don't really buy that. Most likely, he has a rap sheet comprised of charges plead out to misdemeanors.

I do believe Libby threw her phone in the grass knowing it would be found or hid it on her person. In my heart, their murder is on that video...the audio at least. And that makes me sick to think about....yet it gives me hope that LEO has enough up their Sleeve to solve this.

Their official COD is what perplexes me the most.
I'm not convinced BG shot the girls. It would have been loud and drawn attention from the echo...unless he had a silencer... but I don't see him being that sophisticated. I can't see him being able to strangle them either....that's 3-5 minutes, minimum, for each (I apologize for that piece of horrendous truth)... how would he control the one that was alive (and likely fighting) while he killed the other...doesn't seem plausible to me.

Sadly, my conclusions have led me to this...if they did not succumb to GSWs, I havebthe sickening feeling that BG slit their throats. :-( It would fit his physical profile and in, MOO, be one of the only effective ways to murder these two sweet girls quickly and without too much sound to draw attention.

It seems to me that their murders consist of two elements....two weapons....one for control and one to kill. I believe this is one of the biggest reasons LEO cannot release more tape as it would jeopardize the investigation. Only BG would know the method he used to so commit such a horrific and senseless tragedy.

I think he acted on impulse....a lifetime of rejection and rage....and Libby and Abby are victims of circumstance in being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Again...JMOO based on my background in Criminal Justice.

FLY HIGH SWEET GIRLS!! We will find him and justice will prevail! [emoji173]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That synopsis fits exactly what most everyone here has been speculating since day one. Just generic enough to fit every angle everyone has discussed.

Still wondering why Libby took video of BG/POI Who appeared to be in such a far distance on the bridge. Two totally different thoughts:

1. Maybe someone was also approaching them from the opposite side and rather than deal with an uncomfortable face to face social awkwardness, while waiting for the person to approach, she turned and started filming in the opposite direction, that may have felt more comfortable, to appear busy.

2. If Libby and Abby had a friendship anything like some I had at their age, anything could set us off with uncontrollable giggling/stifled laughing often not easily able to be stopped. In my situation, this was likely misunderstood, but it was unintended and hard to control. It would be understandable if this set off a rage with a POI.

Just my thoughts, unless already suggested by others and I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee