IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my birthday, and all I'm asking for is an arrest!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Stroup interviews Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in a phone interview with regard to the case.

Basically he can not answer many of his questions due to investigation integrity but the latter part of the interview he discusses the suspect (s) "locale" it is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening.

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY&t=24s[/video]

IMO the entire interview is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening. :(

He won't openly admit it (obviously), but reading between the lines and interpreting all the pauses, deep sighs and "Uhhs"...LE have absolutely NOTHING. They aren't one step closer to finding the perp(s). They don't even know how many perps there were. There is no video or audio of the crime itself, they likely have released just about all the evidence they have, and there is zero useful DNA evidence.

He is trying to play the "protecting the investigation" card, but judging by his responses and the deep sighs and his tone of voice even he is tired of trying to convince anybody of that. He's just sticking to the script. He compares it to a poker game where they need to keep their cards close to the vest...but IMO this interview revealed that investigators have a crap hand. We can't see his face, but he definitely does not have a "poker voice". :(

IMO the "twist" he's referring to is that they have an image and the voice of the guy and all these resources available to them and STILL are at square one three weeks into the investigation.

I hate to be so negative, but this interview is the clearest indication yet that they need the luckiest of breaks to ever solve this crime. This is truly heartbreaking.

PS: Without the glasses and mustache even Sheriff Leazenby looks like the suspect. Same chubby baby face and wide nose. No, I'm not suggesting that he's involved, and please don't go sleuthing the man. Lol. Just pointing out how the image of the suspect is so generic he could be anybody.

Deep South/Coastal South here, and it's usually "soft drinks" or "cokes" (to mean any variety of aforementioned "soft drinks" ;) )

Thanks for the memories with this. Growing up, if the question was "will you get me a coke?", the next question was "what kind?". And I don't mean diet or regular. For me, the typical response was "Dr. Pepper".

Also at about 9.03 in the interview he says that there's a "twist" in this case that he -- in all his 30 years in LE -- has not seen before. That's a cryptic comment and a half.
Yes, and that left me speechless. I keep hoping that it's because he has small town, low crime experience because I can't or maybe don't want to think about what it could mean.

That interview leads me to believe they have nothing, no credible leads, no DNA, nothing. I want to hope that it's a ploy so that the perp thinks he's free and clear but all those sighs...I think they have nothing.

I'm so so sad.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

yes your point at the end was good. The image is so unclear that many men seem to have similar facial features. I have yet to listen to the interview but from your post it seems not so encouraging news about finding this perpetrator :(

yes your point at the end was good. The image is so unclear that many men seem to have similar facial features. I have yet to listen to the interview but from your post it seems not so encouraging news about finding this perpetrator :(

Good morning. Can we please ask that you use "reply with quote" so we know who/what you're talking about?

Thanks bunches!

IMO, if there was a way to further enhance the photo, LE would have done so by now. The FBI has more sophisticated means than we do.

I'm not so sure about that.
And I think there would be a way to enhance that.

IMO, if there was a way to further enhance the photo, LE would have done so by now. The FBI has more sophisticated means than we do.

Ok , maybe they can't make the picture better. I then have to wonder why they have not had the witness make a COMPOSITE sketch of the guy? Or why they can not use the software that identifies faces in pictures and use all the collective images together to make one of those new computer enhanded sketches? They have a witness , and photo's!
The only answer I can think of for these obsured photos is they have the guy in there cross hairs and put the picture out there to get more evidence ,and put presure on him as they observe him ,thinking they dont know it is him.

IMO the entire interview is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening. :(

He won't openly admit it (obviously), but reading between the lines and interpreting all the pauses, deep sighs and "Uhhs"...LE have absolutely NOTHING. They aren't one step closer to finding the perp(s). They don't even know how many perps there were. There is no video or audio of the crime itself, they likely have released just about all the evidence they have, and there is zero useful DNA evidence.

IMO the "twist" he's referring to is that they have an image and the voice of the guy and all these resources available to them and STILL are at square one three weeks into the investigation.

He is trying to play the "protecting the investigation" card, but judging by his responses and the deep sighs and his tone of voice even he is tired of trying to convince anybody of that. He's just sticking to the script. He compares it to a poker game where they need to keep their cards close to the vest...but IMO this interview revealed that investigators have a crap hand. We can't see his face, but he definitely does not have a "poker voice". :(

I hate to be so negative, but this interview is the clearest indication yet that they need the luckiest of breaks to ever solve this crime. This is truly heartbreaking.

PS: Without the glasses and mustache even Sheriff Leazenby looks like the suspect. Same chubby baby face and wide nose. No, I'm not suggesting that he's involved, and please don't go sleuthing the man. Lol. Just pointing out how the image of the suspect is so generic he could be anybody.

Could dogs have followed the scent from this dudes footprints

Ok , maybe they can't make the picture better. I then have to wonder why they have not had the witness make a COMPOSITE sketch of the guy? Or why they can not use the software that identifies faces in pictures and use all the collective images together to make one of those new computer enhanded sketches? They have a witness , and photo's!
The only answer I can think of for these obsured photos is they have the guy in there cross hairs and put the picture out there to get more evidence ,and put presure on him as they observe him ,thinking they dont know it is him.

The only witnesses (Abby and Libby) are dead. Where would a sketch come from?

ETA: IMO the last thing we need is a "sketch" of the suspect to confuse everybody even more about what the guy looks like.

Yes, and that left me speechless. I keep hoping that it's because he has small town, low crime experience because I can't or maybe don't want to think about what it could mean.

That interview leads me to believe they have nothing, no credible leads, no DNA, nothing. I want to hope that it's a ploy so that the perp thinks he's free and clear but all those sighs...I think they have nothing.

I'm so so sad.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Hmmm, one has to wonder what he meant.

Witness? What witness?

Michael Stroup interviews Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in a phone interview with regard to the case.

Basically he can not answer many of his questions due to investigation integrity but the latter part of the interview he discusses the suspect (s) "locale" it is a real punch in the gut and totally disheartening.

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY&t=24s[/video]

Who is Michael Stroup? Does Sheriff Leazenby know the interview was being recorded? I only say this because it's a recorded call and MS doesn't state what the interview is for and I think whom the Sheriff is talking to and for what purpose may determine how much info he is willing and able to share, it could explain all the umms and sighs.

From the woman who saw him on the bridge.

She said she saw a man; not necessarily this guy and maybe she did not see a man close up. I'm sure LE has questioned her and if they had a better description they would release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste