IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case was just shown on FOX cable news. BG's photo was just plastered nationwide and tens of millions of people now know about this case.

I'm also seeing Facebook shares from local friends and I'm down near Houston.

I cannot recall but wasn't there tragedy in one of the girls family before so this is another homicide they are dealing with?

[video=twitter;839524741547438081]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/839524741547438081[/video]

For those that cannot see imbedded tweets...

"Sgt. Tony Slocum @ISPPeru

Looking good @ISPIndianapolis, keep up the great work. Today's the day.
12:14 PM - 8 Mar 2017 "

Today's the day for what?

I think they say that every day. Most of the articles I've read over the past few weeks stated that LE starts every day with an optimistic attitude and they hope each day that that will be the day they make an arrest.

[video=twitter;839524741547438081]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/839524741547438081[/video]

That seems like a rather reckless tweet unless today actually IS the day an arrest is going to be made!

Not that this could not have happened on the trail but that bridge should be torn down, i can't imagine what it would cost to make it a safe place to walk. It's not part of the trail from what i can see. Jmo

Delphi, Indiana: Delphi Historic Task force on trail safety created after killings of teenagers
Matt McKinney
11:43 AM, Mar 8, 2017
21 mins ago

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/delphi-indiana-delphi-historic-task-force-on-trail-safety-created-after-killings-of-teenagers

.... composed of community members from law enforcement, trail organizations, schools and the public.

The task force will consider the following ideas:

Educating the public on safety
Adding cameras
Mapping and coordinating locations for 911 identification
Placing appropriate signs
Utilizing safety stations
Conducting patrols

[video=twitter;839500960137367554]https://twitter.com/ISPIndianapolis/status/839500960137367554[/video]

[video=twitter;839473182503493632]https://twitter.com/ISPIndianapolis/status/839473182503493632[/video]

After two teenagers were killed near the Delphi, Indiana trails, a task force has been formed to make sure nothing like that happens again.

The Trail Safety Task Force will be composed of community members from law enforcement, trail organizations, schools and the public.

The task force will consider the following ideas:

Educating the public on safety
Adding cameras
Mapping and coordinating locations for 911 identification
Placing appropriate signs
Utilizing safety stations
Conducting patrols

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...il-safety-created-after-killings-of-teenagers

SPACEBARISSUES-I scrolled and rolled passed those post now I need help!

Reply to this post was to ask if the task force is or will be protected under the color of the law? Task force sounds official but the description of the task force sounds like neighborhood watch. It confused me.

SPACEBARISSUES-I scrolled and rolled passed those post now I need help!

Reply to this post was to ask if the task force is or will be protected under the color of the law? Task force sounds official but the description of the task force sounds like neighborhood watch. It confused me.

I don't know. They are talking about including police patrols on the trail and working with the 911 dispatch system, so I assume LE will be involved to some degree.

Apologies if already posted - updated article about the possibility of a link between Elizabeth and Lyric's case and Liberty and Abigail's.

"Indiana State Police confirmed to DailyMail.com on Wednesday that detectives working on the two cases had 'compared notes' but that no direct link had yet been found.

'At this time there has not been a connection made to the 2012 deaths in Iowa. We are still early in our investigation,' Sgt. John Perrine said. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Snapchat-killer-cold-case.html#ixzz4akkBHFbX
Similar to what was said even AFTER Hannah Graham's killer was apprehended....Jmo..Moo...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hannahs case was so sad. I want to point out that LE released the whole vidoe , It was the veiwers who saw who was stalking her. That fact that they were receptive to the information and that the made press releases daily aided in the capture of Jesse Matthews . So while sometime it seems repetive to see different people revisit the same image over and over ,there are some cases where it pays off huge. I am glad so many people veiwed that clip because I live in VA and my daughters and nieces are safer because he off the streets.
And it's repetition led to a woman in Texas recognising him. How random was that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That seems like a rather reckless tweet unless today actually IS the day an arrest is going to be made!

Hmmm... Police have been so careful about what they say. Difficult to believe they'd suddenly turn reckless.

Today (Wednesday) "is the day" and tomorrow morning family are scheduled to address media. Coincidence or not?

Fingers crossed.

What are the chances BG has been reported and is on the long list of POI/suspects?

That Sheriff is very patient and professional!

I think "twist" was an unfortunate word choice, because now people are going to read a lot of things into it as if it's a movie plot twist, whereas he's probably just saying it's something they haven't dealt with before.

IMO, this isn't a movie or TV show. It's probably a lot more complicated. JMO.

I listened to the "interview with the Sheriff." I don't know when the Sheriff was interviewed, but if it was recent, a couple of things he said sort of popped out to me. 1. DNA: he said basically that they are at the mercy of the labs with respect to the timing. And that they have to be careful about rushing the labs because the DNA results could be contested in court and they don't want errors or the rush to be challenged. (In my own words.) I interpreted this to mean the DNA results are not back yet. 2. The twist: he said this right after discussing whether the perp was local or not and there not being an immediate arrest. I think this was the twist.
I believe the Sheriff answered the questions as best he could, and knew he was being interviewed because it was mentioned a couple of times. I also believe the interview was insightful. IMO
:thinking:

Longtime lurker (found great solace in the WS sleuthing on the Wetterling case as LE got closer to arresting Heinrich). It's something else to find a haven like this online, where the community is respectful, open, and welcoming. Thank you!

I just wanted to post to say that when I learned the family would be speaking at a presser tomorrow, I wondered if LE set this up because they believe the suspect may be someone who might be affected by seeing family members speak about this crime. In other words, someone known to the community, perhaps even the family. And perhaps LE wanted this to happen sooner, but the family hasn't been ready to speak until now. Just my opinion. I'll shuffle back into the shadows now and enjoy reading the other posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat