IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. Where I live someone was identified in a crime by the way they saw them walk on camera.

There must be very good reason for not releasing this IMO.

Have they ever definitively said that the *images* are actually from video? I know they've mentioned video was recorded, but have they said the images were from the video? Anyone have a reference for that?

Crap! I am really behind. What LE say?

What? This was already on? It is saying in my feed that it is live. Has LE spoken? I'm very confused

Facebook will always tell you when a video was live, even if it's no longer live. It ended close to an hour ago.

If you go back several pages into this thread, everyone was posting statements and whatnot as it was happening. Lots of info there. Meaning, the statements given, but NO NEW INFO.

Crap! I am really behind. What LE say?

Does this mean the other 6-7k tips are a combo of duplicates / not credible?
How I took this is that those are the tips actively being worked. They've been assigned but have not been cleared yet.

Can't hit 'thanks' enough times for that !

SM passes misinformation and rumors around as if it's fact, with zero consideration for the investigation (and for innocent bystanders).

Quote Originally Posted by kittymittons
Rumors can be detrimental to our case. It could lead people who might have information to this case to not share their tips with us. We are asking people, if you hear something on social media, make sure it comes from a reliable source. Please. If it does not come from us, hold off on spreading those rumors. Please.

This was the most important aspect of the conference for me as well. Some just don't care and spread rumors because THEY are certain it is fact when it is not. Then others inadvertently spread rumors or begin playing the telephone game. For example, IIRC, LE stated in the first conference that what people thought was a man on the North side of the bridge in the photo of Abby was actually the barrier and not a man/person. But, somehow that became "faux fact" as did many other things. It really does hurt cases when rumors, opinions, speculation, and beliefs go off on a faux fact tangent. This has always been a pet peeve of mine, so I apologize if I sound snarky. I am just continually frustrated by this.

Guys, I think this press conference had some messages in it for the BG and person in black. As I am reviewing in my mind and thinking about words that were specifically chosen to be used. (When I have time to review the PC, I may type more.)Had to post though because certain words jumped out at me as odd so then I began thinking maybe the odd words are meant to send a message... to someone!! Hoping so!!

"in a minute" from Libby when asked to do something at home now her phrase is one message from the PC ... everyone that hears the PC has been asked to take "a minute" to look at BG picture and listen to his voice and think if they know someone who wears a blue coat, shaved their beard recently. Think about it and call in tips.they need more puzzle pieces meaning they have pieces of a puzzle but need a few more pieces from the public.

MOO

"He's someone's neighbor, coworker, family member, friend, husband or acquaintance," Patty said. "Somebody knows something."

"Look for someone who has recently changed their appearance ... if you think it could be but then say, 'No, he's not like that,' go with your initial instinct. Let law enforcement ... make that determination. How ever small it may seem ... please, we need your help."

https://gma.yahoo.com/grandfather-m...p-killer-154333487--abc-news-topstories.html#

[FONT=&amp]I have to go on a mini-rant.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]JMO--->I was watching the press conference on a live feed. I will not say which feed it was other than it was on FB. Some of the comments that people were making were disgusting. I do not understand for the life of me why being behind a computer makes it essentially OK for people to be so awful, especially toward a case like this.

Some comments were directed at LE, some at the parents and at the girls themselves. Society in the modern age is horrible. I'm glad people on WS are kind and supportive, because that is so hard to find anymore it seems. I'm just so angry that things like this happen. Why would you attack people that are going through an unimaginable thing? --->JMO

Rant over![/FONT]

Just adding to your min-rant, because I 100% understand....

I've avoided SM over the years for this very reason. You can really see the ugly, vile side of people. I prefer to mingle with thoughtful, intelligent people who have some kind of empathy and sensitivity. For this reason, SM isn't the place for me. It gets me too upset.

So you're not alone!

/end rant
:needdrink:

Wow. This is beyond heartbreaking. I am so impressed with Mr. Patty's composure while he read his statement and responded to questions. And the LE officer was wonderful too.

I lost my 16 year old nephew in a car accident. Losing a young person is devastating. This case has me thinking often of my nephew. The abrupt end of a young life is tragic. It stays with you forever. When I see certain colors, I think of him. When I see certain places, things, people, everything, I think of him. When I see certain movie, hear certain songs, I think of him. He is in my heart and thoughts.

The experience of losing my nephew makes me wish I could do something for Abby and Libby's families. I wish I could find a clue or tip to help. I know the LE must be fully immersed in this case. I am just so sad about this case.

Wow, impressed with Mr. Patty and thought he was so well spoken. I too watched on FB live feed. I do NOT look at the comments. I watch and leave immediately after it ends.

SBM, BBM, UMB

He says "AT THIS TIME I CAN ASSURE YOU we have spoken with investigators in Iowa and at this time it appears to be coincidental that the two cases are similar but BASED ON THE EVIDENCE we have no reason to believe the two cases are linked at this time."

IMO My understanding of what the state police spokesperson said about the connection between Liberty and Abigail's case and the Iowa Case:
Give it a rest,
Let it go,
Move along,
Leave it alone,
At this time, they do NOT appear to be connected

Interesting. That was not what I got from his comment. I'm not one who had a strong opinion about the Iowa and Indiana murders being committed by the same perp. What stood out to me about this statement was the LEO using the phrase "at this time" three times in one sentence. Is the reason they are not linking the two crimes "at this time" because they have no concrete link as in DNA to link them? I think that's a possibility. I'm still on the fence regarding a connection between the murders in Iowa and the murders in Indiana.

EDIT:

I transcribed the actual quote of ISP Sgt. John Perrine:

At this time, I can assure you we have spoken with the investigators in Iowa and at this point it does appear to be coincidental that the two cases are similar but based on the evidence we are not able to connect the two cases at this time.

http://www.abc57.com/clip/13161830/press-conference-family-of-liberty-german-speaks-to-media

I still wonder why more video has not been released. The murderer of a young nurse in Nashville is in custody because there was video released of him. One grainy photo and two seconds of a recording will not find this killer IMO.

SBM, BBM, UMB

Interesting. That was not what I got from his comment. I'm not one who had a strong opinion about the Iowa and Indiana murders being committed by the same perp. What stood out to me about this statement was the LEO using the phrase "at this time" three times in one sentence. Is the reason they are not linking the two crimes "at this time" because they have no concrete link as in DNA to link them? I think that's a possibility. I'm still on the fence regarding a connection between the murders in Iowa and the murders in Indiana.

TBH, I think they brought this up to help suppress rumors. A lot of people are posting about these two cases being linked like its a confirmed fact. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove