IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I also get the feeling FBI won't be hanging around much longer either.

Understand your frustration and concerns. Please consider that we are not even a month into a case which has seen worldwide coverage. DNA is still working its way through the system. Hundreds of members of LE are working the case. Thousands are following on Social Media. Waaaaaaaay to early to lose faith that he will be caught. :jail:

I thought only people on phones were having that problem? That and the refreshing prob?

Not sure.

The refresh thing is no longer an issue due to a creative work around.

But the broken quotes issue is still at hand. But yes, I am on an iPad.

The broken quotes only appeared about 3 hours ago, at least for me. :)

I think they need a search warrant for a person't phone... not just a generic who was in the area. I think that is hte way the law is. Once they have identified a suspect (not yet in this case... need his name), then they can do that.

True. They would need a warrant to search a specific phone. They would probably serve one on the tower host/provider as well, just to validate the search reason. And if it was a prepaid phone they may have a harder time tracing it back to a certain individual. Which leads to one other thing that LE has never put out there for their suspect search.
"Has anyone changed their number or started using a new phone on or shortly after 2/13?"
They mentioned in the PC about someone having a broken phone, but never mentioned a new phone being used.

It was stated from the beginning that one of their sisters had dropped them off and another family member was supposed to pick them up later. I thought I read that when they weren't there to be picked up that the person who was supposed to pick them up went to the other girls house in case they had went there instead of waiting. I don't remember where I read that but I do remember it but without the link to verify it makes this MOO.

Perhaps I have missed something along the way, while I understand we are 25 threads in and I might have lost it somewhere in here. But do you recall where you saw this info?!? I didn't realize we had confirmation that it was in FACT a sister that had dropped the girls off rather just a "rumor"! So I am definitely glad to have some clarity on this.

"German and Williams were dropped off on Monday near Monon High Bridge by German's sister to go for a hike on what was a winter holiday from school. The girls were reported missing by their families several hours later when they did not return."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urdered-teenage-girls-seen.html#ixzz4asxC8Y3s
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hoping that LE will make use of PARABON SNAPSHOT - the DNA Software that can build a more detailed facial composite from the killer's DNA (assumption made here regarding LE having his DNA).

It's absolutely fascinating, cutting edge technology.

WG

attachment.php

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/posters

I agree it's pretty amazing software. But just to put things in perspective - IOW, how difficult it is to find a suspect even with a good facial rendering, someone in the last thread pointed out that such a profile was done in the 1988 Fort Wayne cold case of April Tinsley. Additionally, a year later (2016) the software company released an updated rendering.

http://wane.com/2016/05/03/police-release-updated-rendering-of-suspected-tinsley-killer/

I've seen the rendering - it's about as close as you can get to an actual photograph. Yet to my knowledge April's case remains unsolved.

NOTE: I'm not suggesting there is a connection, I'm simply giving an example where Indiana LE used the software.

So imagine the difficulty of finding a suspect based on a grainy, low resolution still from video. Same with the voice - I'm not even sure I'd recognize my husband's voice just by hearing "down the hill" and he has a distinctive radio announcer type of timber to his speech.

I'm not trying to be a Debbi Downer, just pointing out that it may take a while for LE to sort through the tips and in the meantime there may be someone out there who is agonizing over whether or not to rat on a loved one.

My heart just breaks for Abigail's and Liberty's families. :tears:

It is my understanding that towers log all in/out transmissions as well as devices serviced. I have had issues with my phone with Sprint and they went in and told me that a tower in my area has no record of my phone at -yyy- time but does at -*advertiser censored*- time and -zzz- time. And shows no other tower nearby picked up my device when not detected at -yyy- time.

What kind of issues were you having with your phone? Sprint is your cellular service provider, correct? Just curious as to how your problems with your phone and service relates to the absence of your phone pinging when you were in the area of cell towers. Are you not able to connect to someone you try to call? Or unable to access internet on your phone (if that would show up on a cell tower -- I don't know how that works, so maybe not).

Think of the Sarah Stern case in NJ recently. Arrests came several weeks later. Turns out LE found the perp's phone at the scene. They were building a case, releasing no info. Or Dan Markel in FL. It took over a year for them to put the case together. They know who did it. They are watching and waiting. Things don't wrap up in 43 minutes, like on TV. So much of it is logical, methodical, patient work. Keep the faith. But continue on with your life. LE is knows more than we do. This will all become clear in the fullness of time.

I wonder if the family member (was it Libby's older sister who also dropped them of there, or was it some one else? and if so; who was it ?), when arriving to pick up the girls at 3:30 PM, and they were not there, did that family member go looking for them on the trail ?

Anyone know ?

NOTHING has been released.

<modsnip>

That is what is so frustrating.

No broken quotes for me on tapatalk (iPad and iPhone)- hopefully it's resolved shortly for you all having issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. They would need a warrant to search a specific phone. They would probably serve one on the tower host/provider as well, just to validate the search reason. And if it was a prepaid phone they may have a harder time tracing it back to a certain individual. Which leads to one other thing that LE has never put out there for their suspect search.
"Has anyone changed their number or started using a new phone on or shortly after 2/13?"
They mentioned in the PC about someone having a broken phone, but never mentioned a new phone being used.

A broken phone? Wait, what? When was that said? Was there a struggle in the water?

German and Williams were dropped off on Monday near Monon High Bridge by German's sister to go for a hike on what was a winter holiday from school. The girls were reported missing by their families several hours later when they did not return.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Indiana-home-teens-murders.html#ixzz4astoMDuj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thank you, has it been said that you are aware of who was to pick them up? Do we know if it was the same sister?

OT I use an ipad and my WS has been acting up, reloading in the midst of typing etc for weeks, still is.

I posted this earlier today in the previous thread. Got lots of kind thanks, but no responses, so I'm reposting here. Thanks.

Have been reading since the beginning, but I don't recall if this has already been discussed. Would it be possible for LE to work with cell carriers to identify what other cell phones pinged in the same location as Libby's on the same day at the same time, and then look at those accounts and cross-reference against RSOs, local men, the tip list, etc.?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Definitely possible. I said yesterday or the day before that I think that's exactly how this will eventually be solved. (Cell phone records from a tower cross-referenced with the tip list).

Hoping that LE will make use of PARABON SNAPSHOT - the DNA Software that can build a more detailed facial composite from the killer's DNA (assumption made here regarding LE having his DNA).

It's absolutely fascinating, cutting edge technology.

WG

attachment.php

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/posters

That photo above is *the* photo using a killer's DNA in a case here in NC - victim is Faith Hedgepeth, a student at UNC, Chapel Hill. Found dead in her roommate's bed (she was staying there till her place became available) on September 7 2012,

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...gepeth-19-UNC-student-Chapel-Hill-7-Sept-2012

I'm sure some folks here on this thread recognized the prospective pic generated from use of DNA at the murder scene. No arrest yet. Four years.

I think they need a search warrant for a person't phone... not just a generic who was in the area. I think that is hte way the law is. Once they have identified a suspect (not yet in this case... need his name), then they can do that.

But, I think if I were in the area, for instance, and my cell phone number showed up on their report of phones that pinged in the area, they could look up WHO the number belongs to, and it would come back to me. They could then go back to their tip list/RSO list/whatever and see if my named popped up on any of that. Then they could start investigating me through that way and gain some info without having to actually get a warrant....yet.

I think this is how the crime will be solved. Unless an informant comes forward. There's obviously no DNA match in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madgirl83