IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love podcasts and one that I follow is FBI Case file review with Jeri Williams and her most recent podcasts are interviewing the lead agent on the Polly Klass case. It's really interesting. About 35:00 min into the first part they are talking about the rapid FBI response team that worked on that case and the Orion program that leads are "plugged" into and the procedure for following up on leads. I'm finding it really interesting in regard to how they follow up on leads. In the Klass case they had 60,000 leads. There are 2 parts. I'm in the middle or part 1 but I think it's worth listening to if your interested in the investigation side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a link to the FBI case file review you mentioned? Thanks.

So, no tweets from LE that the recent arrest is not connected to the murder investigation.

Where are the reporters? McAdams has been pretty good, where is she? What station does she work for? Maybe she needs a heads up.

I'm really confused, and am new to this site to forgive me if this is common knowledge.

When I think of sleuthing, I think of detective work, which is looking for evidence and following that forward.

It seems there is just massive googling of sex offenders and RL. I don't think that is very productive or even right.

Obviously the police are looking at sex offenders and have more info than any of us. Further, to think anyone has a suspect in mind from that grainy photo and a sexual abuse past is a bit off.

Calling in tips should be reserved to "my brother looks like that and wasn't home all day" or "I found blood in my dads truck". Not "there's an overweight sex offender in Idaho that could have done it".

"Sluething" a guy already in custody is only to feed a selfish curiosity and has no potential to help, only hurt. I'm sure the many law enforcement agencies working on this have google.

C'mon guys, this is not detective work. It's a good group of people who are anxious to add value and can't because of restricted LE release of evidence. Obviously there is more video and audio, and it's not being released for a reason. Until they release more, they clearly don't need anyone cruising registries and police blotters.

You make an important point. I'm sure we all know better than to contact a murder investigation police tip-line to report the name of a sex offender that happens to be on a registered sex offender list, or a strange character on a Facebook page. Obviously police are checking registered sex offenders and following up relevant leads, and strange characters on Facebook are probably more common than non-strange characters. Every tip has to be investigated, and the last thing we want to do is bog down the investigation with tips that spring from hunches.

mine too, I have zero tolerance for drunk driving, especially repeat offenders.

I don't either, but driving under the influence or robbing a gas station or break & entering or jay walking or not yeiding to stopped bus doesn't make that person a child murderer. Jmo

Years ago my uncle in an argument w/ neigbor stood up on his tractor and mooned said neighbor (adult male) he was charged w/ indecent exposure. He is not a pedophile or a murderer. Jmo

Sorry for the levity...BBM.. but :heart: Joe Kenda

View attachment 112651

I though of him as soon as they called it a coincidence. :D I also can't count how many detectives on true crime shows that say they don't believe in coincidences. The two cases are remarkable (and suspicious) in the similarities IMO.

Observations:

Here is a quick visual regarding the properties surrounding the Monon High Bridge. Notice, almost all surrounding property is privately owned. The big red S marks Indiana State land. The trail and half of the NW part of the High Bridge is Carroll County property. The other half all the way to past the SE end of the bridge is CSX property. I have not noticed that before:

attachment.php

Also, the property lines N and S of Deer Creek run almost halfway through the creek!

attachment.php

Who knows, perhaps someone, who initially found the victims (in the creek??) moved them to one or the other property..?

All IMO

-Nin

Source:
https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=377&LayerID=5553&PageTypeID=1&PageID=0

Attachments

• indiana property distributions 2.jpg
    indiana property distributions 2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 945
  • indiana property distributions 2a.jpg
    indiana property distributions 2a.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 951
Sorry for the levity...BBM.. but :heart: Joe Kenda

View attachment 112651

When you look at the aerial maps of the Indiana and Iowa locations I think they are eerily similar. Tiny towns in the middle of nowhere with river/nature areas and a 4 lane highway within a mile. Many similarities between the two cases. I don't want to believe there is more than one psychopath of this caliber in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, no tweets from LE that the recent arrest is not connected to the murder investigation.

Where are the reporters? McAdams has been pretty good, where is she? What station does she work for? Maybe she needs a heads up.

I imagine it being Sunday plays a part in a slow news day. Jmo

I know we all have different aspects to consider when deciding to extend empathy towards another.

I have a great disdain for drunk drivers.

However, I try to still have empathy for people when bad things happen to them without their being at fault.

If someone violates probation, that is on them. If that person is rumored to have participated in an unrelated and different class of crime, without supporting facts, I tend to have empathy for them.

The above is only my opinion.

As far as I know, nobody has stated that they think the property owner "did it". People are asked to think about all possibilities and to consider every option, calling in tips when appropriate. The man was arrested last night, at midnight, and has a criminal record as a habitual substance abuser. Reporting this development is not akin to spreading rumors. IMHO

Perhaps this is the reason it isn't in MSM? Due to the fact that some folks who are submitting (or might have) have association with a potential charge themselves?

Perhaps this is the reason it's not hitting MSM at all, as this fact of getting involved with LE puts the reporter or person involved at risk?

I know I have heard that time and time and time again... "I don't want to get involved"... and perhaps this is the reason some might be hesitant to report.

:facepalm:

As in another probation violator doesn't want LE snooping into his last few months? Could be.

I don't either, but driving under the influence or robbing a gas station or break & entering or jay walking or not yeiding to stopped bus doesn't make that person a child murderer. Jmo

Years ago my uncle in an argument w/ neigbor stood up on his tractor and mooned said neighbor (adult male) he was charged w/ indecent exposure. He is not a pedophile or a murderer. Jmo

Oh I wasn't saying he is a murderer. Just sayin' I have a hard time mustering up sympathy, or feeling sorry for someone who has put himself behind the wheel while under the influence as many times as he has. Maybe he's got a drinking problem, but he's repeat offender who's going to end up killing someone if he doesn't cut it out.

She was asked about PO's arrest this morning. She responded:

I'll let you know if police release any official info!

8:08 AM - 12 Mar 2017

She was asked about PO's arrest this morning. She responded:

I'll let you know if police release any official info!

8:08 AM - 12 Mar 2017

Hmmm. Seems if there was no connection, they would say "the most recent arrest is not associated with the murders" like they have for others arrested during the investigation and McAdams could report that to the public.

I'm really confused, and am new to this site to forgive me if this is common knowledge.

When I think of sleuthing, I think of detective work, which is looking for evidence and following that forward.

It seems there is just massive googling of sex offenders and RL. I don't think that is very productive or even right.

Obviously the police are looking at sex offenders and have more info than any of us. Further, to think anyone has a suspect in mind from that grainy photo and a sexual abuse past is a bit off.

Calling in tips should be reserved to "my brother looks like that and wasn't home all day" or "I found blood in my dads truck". Not "there's an overweight sex offender in Idaho that could have done it".

"Sluething" a guy already in custody is only to feed a selfish curiosity and has no potential to help, only hurt. I'm sure the many law enforcement agencies working on this have google.

C'mon guys, this is not detective work. It's a good group of people who are anxious to add value and can't because of restricted LE release of evidence. Obviously there is more video and audio, and it's not being released for a reason. Until they release more, they clearly don't need anyone cruising registries and police blotters.
THIS!

I thanked you but it wasn't enough.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

When this video was first put up on the threads, it was immediately after the girls were found, and I remember being really frustrated at what seemed to be visual coverage of a lot of "nothing". That was before we had members put so much work into the maps and other visual stuff. Now when I look at this helicopter video I am amazed at how much I have learned - recognized almost everything in the pictures. That is a a big THANK YOU to all the folks here (and elsewhere) who have worked so hard to help out with this investigation. Each of us on our own would have had quite a hard time making sense out of a lot of things without the community contributions here.

https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/video...4523478509092/

Observations:

Here is a quick visual regarding the properties surrounding the Monon High Bridge. Notice, almost all surrounding property is privately owned. The big red S marks Indiana State land. The trail and half of the NW part of the High Bridge is Carroll County property. The other half all the way to past the SE end of the bridge is CSX property. I have not noticed that before:

attachment.php

Also, the property lines N and S of Deer Creek run almost halfway through the creek!

attachment.php

Who knows, perhaps someone, who initially found the victims (in the creek??) moved them to one or the other property..?

All IMO

-Nin

Source:
https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=377&LayerID=5553&PageTypeID=1&PageID=0

I love the great maps being posted. Thanks so much for your work, research and helping us to get a really good picture. Appreciated.
I have been lurking, watching and waiting. I generally scroll past the minutiae. :tyou:

I actually think he could be lefthanded because the gun is on his right side in a body holster, jmo.

Eta: I guess he could be right handed though but the barrel points outward and handle in so seems more lefty but could be right.

I'm pretty sure he's a lefty. Goes with the object that looks like a wristwatch being worn on his right hand.

This is a long shot but there are a lot of really observant people here with amazing memories and resources, so maybe someone can help me with this...

does ANYONE remember within the past 10 days or so reading an article which included a quote from LE that said something about re-checking alibis? It was super casual, and might have been in the context of listing how they rule people out and eliminate suspects - might have included phrasing similar to rather than ruling them in, they rule them out.

The only video I've ever watched was the live statement by Libby's grandfather - could LE have said this during that, does anyone recall? Because if it wasn't in that video, then it was definitely in a print article instead, I know that much.

I really want to find this quote. thanks.

I haven't found such yet after searching, but it does ring a bell... and haven't seen an answer to your post from earlier today. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay