IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who knew the person owning the property would not be on the premises that day?
& that they were indeed alone, together with no one looking for them (at the time) and that no one else would have seen or heard what happened.

This is why I think there are 2 men. Second man was a lookout/diversion then, one girl for each man?
Moo

Sorry for my ignorance, but is a subpoena an order from the court for someone to answer questions from LE? Help me out here with this please.

No it is not an order to answer questions. It is an order given when there is probable cause to say search a person's residence or obtain a DNA swab. The subpoena can be broad or very limited. It depends on what evidence they present to the Judge who is issuing the subpoena. They cannot compel a person to answer questions. That person can invoke their right remain silent and obtain an attorney.

I've tried my very best to keep abreast of every tweet and news blurb, has LE come out and made any kind of disclaimer that the PO situation is totally unrelated and given the standard admonishment about rumors and innocent people etc etc?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wonder how long the current LE resources will be devoted to this case (FBI, ISP, etc.) if there are no significant developments? I'm hopeful that behind the scenes they have a solid lead, but on the outside it's starting to resemble a soon to be cold case. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the point. If it happens to me, I want to do a basic check of my backyard that same night just to make sure everything is ok. Otherwise, I won't fall asleep.

With all respect I understand your point of view but please consider this also: My Grandfather is in his 70s also and if someone were missing on his property and he returned home around 6:30 p.m. on Feb 13th it would be dark. His property is also heavily wooded a d the ground is uneven. The likely hood of him stumbling over a twig would greatly be higher maybe thats why the property owner did not go out and search.

In the past we have conducted searches and asked for property owners permission to do searches of private property and then asked the property owners if they would search their outbuildings.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Do we know the violation was 4 weeks ago? If not, maybe it happened a few days ago.

I meant nearly 4 weeks into the investigation. Not that they arrested him 4 weeks after he violated. And almost 4 weeks after which they stated that he was cleared. So one would assume that he was investigated thoroughly in the beginning.

If you go waay back in the threads, there were several people who confessed to accidentally putting their phones in the wash. When they were retrieved, they worked.
But on the other hand, my dad got a few drops of sweat on his phone (Samsung) and it exploded, he lost everything.

That probably says more about Samsung than anything else.

Definitely not legal.
If everyone agrees to do it, sure. But it would take forever to process and chances are slim that they would all agree.

No need to test all Delphi men. Each family (last name) just one person will be good for now.

RE: RL (land owner)

I'm not sure if this scenario has been put out there or not. But what if he went into police custody willingly with an agreement from LE to be safe housed? Meaning for his own protection, maybe from the suspect(s). Just an idea.

I'm just lost as to why it was almost 4 weeks in before they found a violation on him. Unless someone tipped on him.

I have never heard of police putting someone in jail for the person's protection. Think of all the stalking victims and domestic violence victims who are usually told by LE to get a restraining order, but otherwise there's nothing LE can do unless there is physical harm done to the victim. And even then, LE puts the person causing harm in jail, not the victim.

As far as I have been able to tell, there is absolutely no evidence that there is an entrance to the trail from anywhere on the southwest edge of the bridge. There is however the small parking area off of 300N that has a trail sign for access to the trail, which puts you closer to the bridge and accessing it on the northeast end. I believe that this is the spot that Libby and Abby were dropped off from what I've seen in the media and on WS. JMO.
First, interesting post!

Second, your orientations are a bit off - the bridge runs from northwest to southeast.

Third, my understanding is that there are no trails on the south side of the creek. But, there is a road right there, and LE spent a fair amount of time on and around that road after the bodies were found.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• road1.jpg
    road1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 584
  • road2.jpg
    road2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 586
I know how everyone feels about the news agency I am going to quote, but I found this to be interesting too:

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecutor-says-cops-likely-have-met-delphi-killer-or-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

He starts out by talking about before there was DNA and cell phones, but the last sentence, IMO, sounds like an admittance to having DNA.

Thoughts?

MOO

Question: Does LE have some advantage by not revealing if they have DNA from the perp(s) or not? It seems like such a basic question (either they do, or they don't) that could be put to rest.

No need to test all Delphi men. Each family (last name) just one person will be good for now.
Again, this assumes they have a suspect DNA sample to match them to, which is definitely not a sure thing.

They tried something like this (testing all the males in town) in one of the high-profile cases in the UK a long time ago. It didn't yield the killer, but he was eventually caught (the old fashioned way).

I seem to have missed a few things.
Is it true that LE searched the PO's silo in the last week? What would normally be in silo out in that part of Indiana? Do people store ears of corn in those things or what?
When was the PO actually arrested for the drunk driving caper? He's still in jail?
TIA.

Question: Does LE have some advantage by not revealing if they have DNA from the perp(s) or not? It seems like such a basic question (either they do, or they don't) that could be put to rest.

If they don't have DNA from the perpetrator, then why would LE mention DNA because everyone else's DNA means absolutely nothing.

So... if they mentioned they are waiting for DNA result, then they have the perp's DNA. And even if they don't have a match in their data base, suspects where it was taken and/or relatives... they can still take that DNA and tell the race and even eye color of the perpetrator.

Hi all, I'm new here! I've been following these threads as best I can over time and had some thoughts. There have been several posts about what might have caused Libby to snap a picture/video of BG in the first place. It reminded me of a very creepy situation that happened to me last summer. I live in a rural neighborhood and was walking on the next road over from mine, with my 2 young daughters riding their bikes ahead of me. A man about my age (early 30's) came up from behind me on a bicycle and slowed down so he could talk to me. At first I thought he was just being friendly, as is common in central Indiana for people to do. But then he started asking me questions that alerted my "stranger danger" alarm...i.e. "Do you live around here?" (I'm thinking well duh, why else would I be out here?), "Is there anything fun to do around here?" (I'm thinking now, where in the heck did you come from?)and "Your daughters are beautiful" (and now I'm thinking, you need to move on NOW). Now I know these aren't necessarily creepy on their own, but when you live in a small community where everyone knows everyone, and this person you have never seen around begins questioning you when you are out alone with your children it creeps you out. But he finally went on, and I told myself to shake it off. But the feeling that there was something not right with that guy lingered. Turns out my stranger danger alarm was right...this man showed up at my kid's babysitter the next day, where he must have assumed we lived when he saw my girls stop at her house before he went on. He then stalked me for months, driving up and down my dead-end street looking for my house. It turns out he is a registered sex offender and was stalking several women in the area. He finally was arrested for attacking a women at a tanning salon (he's out now though). My point is, the girls may have encountered this man earlier on the trail, maybe before they got on the bridge. He may have said or done something that creeped them out, but he went on or they did, and they hoped that was the end of it. But then as they are hanging out on the bridge, or maybe walking back to meet their ride depending on what time the video was recorded, they see this guy again and now on the bridge coming toward them. So Libby snaps a picture or video to show someone later of this creepy guy that was at their familiar hangout that made them feel uncomfortable. Only she didn't get that opportunity, because their "stranger danger alarm" was correct. I feel that the suspect may or may not be a registered sex offender, but definitely has made other girls and/or women feel creeped out in the past. I've encountered several of these men in my life. They make remarks that they try to make seem like a joke, and people try to ignore it, not wanting to believe that this person is in fact a true pervert, then later find out the truth. All of this is just thoughts and opinion that I've developed over the course of this investigation of course, and I could be way off. I just hope they find him before he thinks he could get away with it again. Sorry for writing a book!

[video=twitter;841801447046033410]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/841801447046033410[/video]

Alexis McAdams‏
Verified account
@AlexisMcAdamsTV 30m
30 minutes ago

After sorting through 1,000's of tips,knocking on 100's of doors, Carroll Co. prosecutor says cops may have met the killer/s of Abby&Libby

So are they confirming DNA now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I believe so, it says, "Investigators are anxiously awaiting full DNA test results being compiled by FBI forensic analysts." IMO that must be from something they discovered recently. They've been back to the CS a few times to search for evidence. I sort of think they've found items and had them tested with no luck but most recently maybe they discovered something really useful. Because I don't think "fast tracked" DNA takes too long. So maybe something from their search last Friday.

[video=twitter;841784185702518788]https://twitter.com/RussMcQuaidNews/status/841784185702518788[/video]

Russ McQuaid‏
Verified account
@RussMcQuaidNews 2h
2 hours ago

Delphi investigators await full DNA test results from FBI in hunt for killer of two girls Libby n Abby last month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro