IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators say they’ve possibly met the killer or killers, or may have the clue that will wrap up the case. They just don’t know it yet.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

“I think that’s possible, yes.”

From a command center on the town square in Delphi, authorities have served approximately 70 subpoenas and a couple search warrants approved by Ives in pursuit of the man who abducted and murdered the girls near the Monon High Bridge Trail east of town on February 13.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecu...r-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

“With the data base that they have that was provided by the FBI, if a person has been checked on before, it’s easy to tell they’ve been checked on before,” said the prosecutor. “The crime is so serious that you’re following leads you might not otherwise follow before. There’s no obvious suspect as there often is.

“They go out and check on things, they report back, sometimes people are called in for statements, sometimes other avenues of investigation are taken up with regard to particular people.

“On any particular day there are twenty FBI agents and 25 or 30 officers,” observed Ives. “On some days it’s probably as many as 200 people working.

“That goes on not only here, that happens at Quantico, too,” he said. “The FBI is working on this in Virginia as well as working on it here.”

http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecu...r-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

Does anyone know how much info LE usually gives to immediate families about COD, and other details of a homicide? Is LE obligated to share everything with the parents/guardians of minors?

I found myself wondering this today, too. If a parent or immediate family wanted to know all of the details, do LE oblige? Or do they hold some things back?

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here.

“No arrest is imminent,” he said. “No case is close to being developed.”

That extraordinary evidence came from Libby’s cellphone as the young girl’s device yielded at least two images of a man dressed in blue clothes walking along the bridge and captured his voice as he ordered the children, “Down the hill,” to their deaths.

“If you see that picture and you hear that voice, and you’re going to call in a tip, explain why,” urged Ives. “’I’ve seen him wear those clothes, I know the way he walks, I know that combination of clothing, I know that voice, I know something about him.’

“’Not only do I know that person, but he said something to me, I saw something about him.’”

From a command center on the town square in Delphi, authorities have served approximately 70 subpoenas and a couple search warrants approved by Ives in pursuit of the man who abducted and murdered the girls near the Monon High Bridge Trail east of town on February 13.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is a subpoena an order from the court for someone to answer questions from LE? Help me out here with this please.

I think not finding them the first night is understandable. I assume many are volunteers not professionally trained police. I often keep looking for things that are right in front of me. Not to mention they don't know it was in RL's land before they found the girls. But just being curious, if something happen near my house and somebody want to search my land, I would like to search too. Just make sure nothing is wrong. I am wondering if RL has searched his land that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO i agree. I was not there but it seems logical that looking for two "lost" teens was a mess. And remember, not everyone would be within that 40 acres. I get the feeling they spread all over town and were yelling their names.

Also, there are no lights down by the bridge. People here have said they would be scared out of their minds to cross that during the day...think about doing it with just a flashlight. Scary stuff right there.

So we see pictures of the area in the bright of day, not when it was dark. And full moon or no, it still would be really hard to see anything down there...without running right into it of course.

It was disorganized and at the time everyone was looking for two teens walking around and maybe back in town or in a car with their friends or at a house with their friends or eating food or, or, or...

I hope this is found quickly, for the sake of the family and that town.

My .02

Investigators say they’ve possibly met the killer or killers, or may have the clue that will wrap up the case. They just don’t know it yet.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

Well that is a LOT more hopeful than the "still waiting for the right tip" crap they have been saying! I hope he is right.

Sorry if this was already posted. So this is the answer regarding why RL was arrested-----

“If you’re looking for evidence that relates directly to proof of a crime and it’s in a realm of privacy, in a person’s home, in a person’s phone, in a person’s computer, on their person, some other situations, then you have to get a search warrant for that type of information, and we’ve gotten some search warrants but often those search warrants didn’t directly relate to the investigation of the killing of the two girls. They’re related to other matters in the course of this investigation. When so many people are being checked on, other things get found.”
-----> That was true in the arrest of a local man known to investigators last weekend who is being held without bond on a probation violation for an alcohol-related offense. <--------

This guy either: threw out his clothing or burned them. His boots or shoes would have been covered with mud. Who has ditched their boots or shoes in the last month? Who has new boots or shoes? Think think think.

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here.

“No arrest is imminent,” he said. “No case is close to being developed.”

That extraordinary evidence came from Libby’s cellphone as the young girl’s device yielded at least two images of a man dressed in blue clothes walking along the bridge and captured his voice as he ordered the children, “Down the hill,” to their deaths.

“If you see that picture and you hear that voice, and you’re going to call in a tip, explain why,” urged Ives. “’I’ve seen him wear those clothes, I know the way he walks, I know that combination of clothing, I know that voice, I know something about him.’

“’Not only do I know that person, but he said something to me, I saw something about him.’”

So are they confirming DNA now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

"without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here."

This quote does it confirm DNA?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hi all. New member here from the UK that has been lurking on WS ever since I started reading up on LISK. When the news of the girls murders broke I was heartbroken and although thousands of miles away, having an adolescent daughter myself who is testing the boundaries of freedom (and thus testing myself !) it has really hit me hard and I've spent hours and hours reading the threads, reading the media and checking back every day hoping for a 'we've got him!' or something just something tangible.

Sadly, all I have to offer are my own opinions and It's very obvious to a fresh set of eyes looking into the threads that opinions differ massively. To me BG looks well-built/stocky (not just overdressed, or hiding things in his jacket), his face looks broad, with facial hair. I think he looks 40-50. I definitely hear 'get down the hill' calmly.

I really struggle in terms of determine what, why, how.. I think the nature of the murders is much simpler than more complex theories. I believe BG had good prior knowledge of the trail and was willing to accept an element of risk with regards to the risk of the trail being public and therefore the possibility he may be rumbled. I hate to say it, but perhaps it was a thrill to him :(

I also bare in mind that the large majority of murder victims know their killer, perhaps just in the local community and I hate to say this too but they are sometimes related (even distantly). I do struggle with the fact that one perp managed to subdue and murder two teenagers.

I know little of the legalities surrounding US law, I am troubled at how little LE is talking to the public. If they are still struggling for leads in the coming months then it's going to be necessary to release more information and spread that information as far and wide across the US as they can.

I also read just a few posts back (and agreed with) that if Snapchat videos were the main recordings, then they're very short?? 1 minute? Perhaps that's all LE has.

Kudos to the girls for videoing the suspect, they had an inkling albeit an awful one. I cannot stop thinking about them and my heart aches. Keep up the good work everyone.

ATTN CTMOM
Thank you for posting that grid work. It helps a great deal since I don't know the area. In that photo can you tell me which way is upstream and which is downstream?
Also, can you describe where in the grid work the bodies were found?
Thank you.

I must have missed that post...can you direct me to it? Thanks!

I'm hopeful the police picked up the geocache and checked it for fingerprints and to see if there was a logbook inside.

Esse wrote:
"Trying to catch up, sorry if this has been asked.Does anyone know if the cache was located on the north or south end of the bridge?"

From what I can make of all the logs filed with the cache it seems the cache is located towards the beginning of the bridge. I don't know if the bridge runs north/south east/west.

Where are people? All went to private discussion???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found myself wondering this today, too. If a parent or immediate family wanted to know all of the details, do LE oblige? Or do they hold some things back?

Based on my experience here following cases over the years the families are normally given basic information about cause of death the rest is normally held back for trial. Some families want to know everything others understandably can't handle it and step outside when the actual brutal sexual assault and murder (for example) is being covered at trial.

Hi all. New member here from the UK that has been lurking on WS ever since I started reading up on LISK. When the news of the girls murders broke I was heartbroken and although thousands of miles away, having an adolescent daughter myself who is testing the boundaries of freedom (and thus testing myself !) it has really hit me hard and I've spent hours and hours reading the threads, reading the media and checking back every day hoping for a 'we've got him!' or something just something tangible.

Sadly, all I have to offer are my own opinions and It's very obvious to a fresh set of eyes looking into the threads that opinions differ massively. To me BG looks well-built/stocky (not just overdressed, or hiding things in his jacket), his face looks broad, with facial hair. I think he looks 40-50. I definitely hear 'get down the hill' calmly.

I really struggle in terms of determine what, why, how.. I think the nature of the murders is much simpler than more complex theories. I believe BG had good prior knowledge of the trail and was willing to accept an element of risk with regards to the risk of the trail being public and therefore the possibility he may be rumbled. I hate to say it, but perhaps it was a thrill to him :(

I also bare in mind that the large majority of murder victims know their killer, perhaps just in the local community and I hate to say this too but they are sometimes related (even distantly). I do struggle with the fact that one perp managed to subdue and murder two teenagers.

I know little of the legalities surrounding US law, I am troubled at how little LE is talking to the public. If they are still struggling for leads in the coming months then it's going to be necessary to release more information and spread that information as far and wide across the US as they can.

I also read just a few posts back (and agreed with) that if Snapchat videos were the main recordings, then they're very short?? 1 minute? Perhaps that's all LE has.

Kudos to the girls for videoing the suspect, they had an inkling albeit an awful one. I cannot stop thinking about them and my heart aches. Keep up the good work everyone.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

Why hasn't this guy been turned in? There is a video tape of him. This is just discouraging. No wonder many are "jumbo moosing" (Can I add "ing", locals?) and being either overly sensitive or sadly insensitive.

What has to be done to find this perp?

Had this idea, hope LE/FBI have the same idea:

DNA test ALL Delphi (including Delphi rural areas) men aged between 20-60, there are maybe max 1500 such men.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Delphi-Indiana.html

And even if they then don't get a 100% match on one of the Delphi men, they would at least probably find some kind of family linked DNA match and then they would have a lead to go on.
(the killer could be a Delphi native, still with family in Delphi but have moved our of the Delphi area, but in Feb 2017 come back visit family ? friends? and commit the murder)

I do not read horror novels or watch horror movies nor do I watch any crime shows. I am a mom and a former educator. I am realistic in believing that you and I live in a world full of beautiful human beings as well as those who are a real life horror story. This BG is one of MANY who live amongst us.

This man isn't wearing those clothes anymore, you may have passed him in the grocery store today. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW? What are you looking at when you are in public? A blue coat? Don't bother... Look at his body type, listen for that voice. This was not a revenge killing, a meet up from the Internet, this was the work of a killer/possible rapist, predator, NORMAL LOOKING PERSON... To believe otherwise is calming your own nerves about this. Our society (because our faces are focused inward on a piece of technology) is making it easier for people to walk around without being noticed. LETS START NOTICING. DO NOT FEEL BAD FOR CALLING IN A TIP. Try to have a plate number or something on the person like a car type specific area, etc.. And spread the word. He could very well live in your town....... These are all my strong opinions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. The clothes are long gone,

but someone has seen him in these before. And, he is someone's son, he may be someone's brother, he could be someone's husband, he's someone's neighbor and probably someone's coworker.

You'll think he couldn't possibly be the one, but let LE make that determination.
Someone be brave and come forward. Let LE decide.

Iirc he was asked the morning of the 14th the day they were found. That area is almost 1/2 mile from where they were dropped off, it's private property, they were not expected to be there much less be found dead. It was assumed they were lost. Jmo
RL said he returned home that evening (the 13th) and gave searchers permission to search his land at 6:30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme