IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything new since last night? There was a murder/double kidnapping in my little town early this AM. I haven't been on this case today, until now.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Amanda-Mangas-23-Murdered-Delta-14-March-2017
Hopefully they are closer to catching BG.

Dear Deltucky,

I am saddened to hear of the murder and double kidnapping where you live. Thank goodness the little baby is okay but
he will never have his mother. Saying prayers for Amanda and her family and friends. How devastating for them all !

Sounds as if her (Amanda - the baby's mother's) Dad was protecting her by keeping her at his house ? Apparently her ex kicked the door in and that's when it all began. Her ex waited until five in the morning when Amanda's Dad left to kick in the door.
Most folks wouldn't expect someone doing this that time of the morning. It can happen anytime. He must have watched that house.

These tragedies seem worse in a small town because everyone 'knows everyone else'. On the other hand, small communities have tremendous strength.

Take care

ETA:

I read your posts on the thread concerning this and you would be an excellent reporter!

I think not finding them the first night is understandable. I assume many are volunteers not professionally trained police. I often keep looking for things that are right in front of me. Not to mention they don't know it was in RL's land before they found the girls. But just being curious, if something happen near my house and somebody want to search my land, I would like to search too. Just make sure nothing is wrong. I am wondering if RL has searched his land that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I think about it, the more I think this was planned well in advance. I'm positive the killer catfished one of the girls, who, having not met this person before, asked the killer's fictional persona, if she could bring her friend. It makes sense seeing as it was roughly around Valentines Day.

Can someone answer a question for me? This bothers me and I hope it hasn't been covered already.
What was the delay on identifying these two young girls? Couldn't the parents have identified them? What did LE mean when he said the autopsies helped identify them? Were they bludgeoned beyond recognition or burned?
Very strange.
I hope some one has an answer.
Thank you.

I think not finding them the first night is understandable. I assume many are volunteers not professionally trained police. I often keep looking for things that are right in front of me. Not to mention they don't know it was in RL's land before they found the girls. But just being curious, if something happen near my house and somebody want to search my land, I would like to search too. Just make sure nothing is wrong. I am wondering if RL has searched his land that night.

They didn't have much time to organize so it's conceivable nobody went straight to the left of the bridge and hiked the 1/8th mile and went down the other hill to find them. It was still not daylight savings time so it was probably dark by 6:45 or so.

The other thing is that most people would have followed each other to the easiest areas to get to. WHich would be to the right of the early trail and across the bridge into the lowland south of the creek.

The place they were found would be hard to get to.

Not trying to be rude but really am curious, how is 40 acres not a lot of land? It seems like a lot of land to me, especially of they were combing around for small signs of them ect. JMO

Does anyone know how much info LE usually gives to immediate families about COD, and other details of a homicide? Is LE obligated to share everything with the parents/guardians of minors?

ETA- the reason I ask is that IF Abby and Libby's families have seen all the video, heard all the audio - IF they felt there was more that could be helpful to the public they might push for that to happen. That they have not may indicate possibly IMO and MOO that there is nothing more useful in the phone to help catch BG.

ATTN CTMOM
Thank you for posting that grid work. It helps a great deal since I don't know the area. In that photo can you tell me which way is upstream and which is downstream?
Also, can you describe where in the grid work the bodies were found?
Thank you.

Iirc he was asked the morning of the 14th the day they were found. That area is almost 1/2 mile from where they were dropped off, it's private property, they were not expected to be there much less be found dead. It was assumed they were lost. Jmo

The more I think about it, the more I think this was planned well in advance. I'm positive the killer catfished one of the girls, who, having not met this person before, asked the killer's fictional persona, if she could bring her friend. It makes sense seeing as it was roughly around Valentines Day.

Could be that it was not a typical catfish in the sense that they may not have been going to meet him, but it could of been a case of him befriending one of them online and a simple hey so what are you getting up to for snow day and one of them telling them their plans. I don't think they specifically went there to meet someone.

Obviously IMO

Not trying to be rude but really am curious, how is 40 acres not a lot of land? It seems like a lot of land to me, especially of they were combing around for small signs of them ect. JMO

40 acres is about 440 yards X 440 yards

That's

So, I was thinking about the bodies not being found that evening. The landowner was contacted at 6:30 Feb 13 for permission to search his property. It's winter, leaves are off trees and shrubs, the crime scene is wide open with no shrubs anyway, it's almost a full moon, and what I assume are a lot of searchers methodically searching with lights and possibly a lit helicopter--why weren't they found that evening? Forty acres is not a large parcel of land, and in winter it'd be quite open with no leaves on the shrubs and trees. I'm assuming/hoping they were doing a side-by-side grid search rather than running around willy nilly.

I'm really beginning to wonder if he took them elsewhere, but why bring them back to kill them on RL's property (speculation on my part)? The thrill? My theory isn't sensible, but either is the fact they weren't found till so late the next day. I'm not criticizing the searchers at all, just pondering what to me is a big mystery.
I think they were more searching for live girls at that point maybe. It's only my opinion, but I saw it more as a search for lost or injured teens from around 5:30. Then it started to get dark. Searchers were probably calling out, using flashlights etc, I don't think they were quite looking for two Bodies in the leaves at that point, so maybe it was easy to miss them.

When the search resumed the next morning, I'd imagine they were maybe more of a mindset to find Bodies as opposed to two girls walking in the trees.

Of course I'm most likely wrong. Just conveying how my mind's eye pictured things.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I fear that the "twist" is more terrifying than the audio/video part, I believe that it has to do with the killers MO,
meaning what he did to those poor girls, the way he killed them, and the way they were found, and also the killers possible motive.
I have a VERY bad feeling about all this :(

I agree that the twist is unknown to us, simply because wouldn't the sheriff of said the twist.... We have audio and video.... I mean, yes you can see that as a twist but killers have been caught on camera before, as in CCTV. I do believe he is referring to some act carried out during the murder, or a clue left behind.

Esse wrote:
"Trying to catch up, sorry if this has been asked.Does anyone know if the cache was located on the north or south end of the bridge?"

From what I can make of all the logs filed with the cache it seems the cache is located towards the beginning of the bridge. I don't know if the bridge runs north/south east/west.

Does anyone know how much info LE usually gives to immediate families about COD, and other details of a homicide? Is LE obligated to share everything with the parents/guardians of minors?

The police have confirmed the families are aware of cause of death but they said they are not releasing this information to the public. They probably don't know and wouldn't want to know the full horror of what happened just my opinion.

Unfortunately or fortunately, not much. (I know this from personal knowledge of a high profile case). They will be general like maybe "blunt force trauma" or maybe nothing at all. You know, I can see why... but the family should be told eventually once it is not in LE best interest for prosecution. Given no information, they family would assume the worst.

It's in the best interest of the family's mental health, to know the truth (within reason).

Maybe the girls catfished him and he tracked them down without them knowing. Just speculation really.

Unfortunately or fortunately, not much. (I know this from personal knowledge of a high profile case). They will be general like maybe "blunt force trauma" or maybe nothing at all. You know, I can see why... but the family should be told eventually once it is not in LE best interest for prosecution. Given no information, they family would assume the worst.

It's in the best interest of the family's mental health, to know the truth (within reason).
You would think the parent of a minor would have a right to autopsy report of their child. I'm going to try a research this soon. I certainly would fight for my right to information like that if it were my daughter.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member