IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm new here! I've been following these threads as best I can over time and had some thoughts. There have been several posts about what might have caused Libby to snap a picture/video of BG in the first place. It reminded me of a very creepy situation that happened to me last summer. I live in a rural neighborhood and was walking on the next road over from mine, with my 2 young daughters riding their bikes ahead of me. A man about my age (early 30's) came up from behind me on a bicycle and slowed down so he could talk to me. At first I thought he was just being friendly, as is common in central Indiana for people to do. But then he started asking me questions that alerted my "stranger danger" alarm...i.e. "Do you live around here?" (I'm thinking well duh, why else would I be out here?), "Is there anything fun to do around here?" (I'm thinking now, where in the heck did you come from?)and "Your daughters are beautiful" (and now I'm thinking, you need to move on NOW). Now I know these aren't necessarily creepy on their own, but when you live in a small community where everyone knows everyone, and this person you have never seen around begins questioning you when you are out alone with your children it creeps you out. But he finally went on, and I told myself to shake it off. But the feeling that there was something not right with that guy lingered. Turns out my stranger danger alarm was right...this man showed up at my kid's babysitter the next day, where he must have assumed we lived when he saw my girls stop at her house before he went on. He then stalked me for months, driving up and down my dead-end street looking for my house. It turns out he is a registered sex offender and was stalking several women in the area. He finally was arrested for attacking a women at a tanning salon (he's out now though). My point is, the girls may have encountered this man earlier on the trail, maybe before they got on the bridge. He may have said or done something that creeped them out, but he went on or they did, and they hoped that was the end of it. But then as they are hanging out on the bridge, or maybe walking back to meet their ride depending on what time the video was recorded, they see this guy again and now on the bridge coming toward them. So Libby snaps a picture or video to show someone later of this creepy guy that was at their familiar hangout that made them feel uncomfortable. Only she didn't get that opportunity, because their "stranger danger alarm" was correct. I feel that the suspect may or may not be a registered sex offender, but definitely has made other girls and/or women feel creeped out in the past. I've encountered several of these men in my life. They make remarks that they try to make seem like a joke, and people try to ignore it, not wanting to believe that this person is in fact a true pervert, then later find out the truth. All of this is just thoughts and opinion that I've developed over the course of this investigation of course, and I could be way off. I just hope they find him before he thinks he could get away with it again. Sorry for writing a book!

So scary and thank you for sharing. The luring tactics these guys use are disgusting.

Not silo. Belongs to someone else but was close to the crime scene.

PO is still in jail waiting for hearing on 3/20 for a probation violation and appears to be unrelated to the murders.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Thanks. But what do locals normally keep in a silo of that size? I know that the silos used to be really dangerous when they held grain, because they could build up gasses and then blow up. Other than that, I don't know what goes on inside them.
Would it have been cleaned out and empty at this time of year?

Not trying to be rude but really am curious, how is 40 acres not a lot of land? It seems like a lot of land to me, especially of they were combing around for small signs of them ect. JMO

We used to live on 50 wooded acres so having lived on a similar size in an area that is virtually identical to Delphi including the hills I don't consider it large at all. I thought it was huge until we actually lived there.

My post was referencing the bodies rather than any small signs in addition to the clear area the bodies were actually found in. It's not like they were tucked deep in a ravine. As someone suggested maybe they were somehow camouflaged, and I wondered about that the other day.

Actually, I think they might have sent the tweet because an NBC reporter from Boston just tweeted out that she had breaking news that RL had been arrested in the Dephi case. That was about a half hour ago. I'm guessing that irritated the ISP more than random citizens spreading rumors. I'm not going to post her sensationalist tweet, but she's getting schooled pretty hard right now on Twitter by her followers.
Glad to hear that. These sensational, misleading tweets are just awful.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

liltexans Thank you for always posting new tweets or news! Trying to catch up will watch for your posts! 😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

:cow: Thank you for the comprehensive explanation. The left hand side of Liberty's picture of Abby has been cropped in the official ISP photo. That is why the vehicles under the bridge are not visible in all of the images.

There are actually cars in the photo? Where can one see this (just curious)? I don't think I've seen an un-cropped version of the photo.

I've been haunted by the very thought that this creep could have videoed his handy work and left the phone with the bodies to be found. Hope I'm wrong.
Me too.

I have had one of those hindsight is 20/20 thoughts. Perhaps LE should have kept a lid on the photo for say a week right? Then planned a community vigil. If this dude was local-ish I bet he would have shown up. Wouldn't THAT have been something?

Great thoughts! 🤓

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that. These sensational, misleading tweets are just awful.

She's got her tail between her legs now and is tweeting that it was just a probation violation. Of course, we've all known that for 4 days. Maybe she should have checked here first. :)

I think it was discussed early on... Am I remembering correctly that LE found footprints near the scene? And is there a picture of LE with (what appears to be) wading boots? Or did I dream that up?

I think they were more searching for live girls at that point maybe. It's only my opinion, but I saw it more as a search for lost or injured teens from around 5:30. Then it started to get dark. Searchers were probably calling out, using flashlights etc, I don't think they were quite looking for two Bodies in the leaves at that point, so maybe it was easy to miss them.

When the search resumed the next morning, I'd imagine they were maybe more of a mindset to find Bodies as opposed to two girls walking in the trees.

Of course I'm most likely wrong. Just conveying how my mind's eye pictured things.

Yes, it was probably more their mindset at the time. I was just thinking about that. When I'm helping my mom look for her Houdini cat in her woods we scan quickly first then search more thoroughly if we don't see her. She escapes the yard on a semi regular basis in spite of various cat proofing projects. I suspect they were in scan mode that first night with a lot of ground to cover and wrong (but normal) assumptions about the girls.

I put my theory out there so y'all could help me figure out how it might be wrong. :)

I know how everyone feels about the news agency I am going to quote, but I found this to be interesting too:

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecutor-says-cops-likely-have-met-delphi-killer-or-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

He starts out by talking about before there was DNA and cell phones, but the last sentence, IMO, sounds like an admittance to having DNA.

Thoughts?

MOO
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am grateful that FoxNews is giving this case so much airtime. None of the other MSM is doing that. I don't think there is any excuse for personal politics to color this blog or any other attempt to help in this case.

Just noticed a story on the Delphi case is linked to the front page of yahoo.....thats good exposure.

edit: first time I have noticed that as its my homepage

Thanks. But what do locals normally keep in a silo of that size? I know that the silos used to be really dangerous when they held grain, because they could build up gasses and then blow up. Other than that, I don't know what goes on inside them.
Would it have been cleaned out and empty at this time of year?

Probably grain (wheat), maybe seeds of some sort of feed. Default would be grain though. Yes, they can be dangerous. Not sure if empty or not.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am grateful that FoxNews is giving this case so much airtime. None of the other MSM is doing that. I don't think there is any excuse for personal politics to color this blog or any other attempt to help in this case.

Local Fox affiliates are in no way connected with Fox News national, so politics need play no part in it anyway.

ABC news had been posting articles regularly on the national level, thankfully.

Maybe the PO arrived home last Friday night when they were searching his property, got out of his car, stumbled, fell, became belligerent because they were on his property..we've all been around someone who is drunk or have been drunk ourselves (not to start a conversation on our drinking habits) and the local LE who are familiar with him decided "not here, not now" and hauled him in..Just a thought...MOO
He wouldn't have to have been drinking if he doesn't have a license. Just driving would be enough to get him locked up. If he was drinking, he probably didn't have to be driving; that's usually a condition of the probation where a DUI is concerned.

So I was just looking at the picture from high up from the bridge, looking down at the ground at the road. I had this strange thought...could there have been a struggle on the bridge? Could the girls have been pushed off? Refresh my memory....did LE ever rule out that they were seen with BG? IMHO maybe that is how he got them "off" without being seen with them?
Just my out of the box thoughts. Maybe someone else too? I have followed most but not all of the threads so if this has been hashed out, sorry.
If that had happened, I their bodies would have been found where they landed. It wouldn't have made much sense to drag them about 1/2 mile upstream and 50' from the water. MOO

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my question since there'd probably be 1000 posts about it by now if the answer was yes, but...has it been said anywhere if the woman who saw the man when she got there said if she thought it was the man in the picture or not? Whether it was him or another unknown man, it seems like a sketch would be helpful, so I'm hoping they have found that person and ruled him out. TIA

Actually, ABC and NBC have both covered this case pretty well, as has HLN. The local Fox and CBS affiliates have done a lot of reporting, but they aren't the only ones. Today's ABC article was excellent.

But on the other hand, my dad got a few drops of sweat on his phone (Samsung) and it exploded, he lost everything.

That probably says more about Samsung than anything else.
OMG!!! Sorry about that. Yes, it's Samsung trying to cut corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876