IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an article posted the morning of February 14th, we're provided some extremely interesting or valuable information about the case that to my knowledge is not mentioned anywhere else: http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

At 1:20, the grandfather mentions that the phone has been "pinging around town" but the last ping was "5-6 hours ago". There is no timestamp on the interview, but it's clearly dark and appears to be taken the night of February 13th where no foul play is suspected (the mother is interviewed, and simply worried about the cold).

Given the fact that it's dark in the video, we can assume it's somewhere around say 9pm on February 13. Five to six hours earlier would mean the last pings were around 4-5pm. If we assume BG confronted the girls soon after the photos on the bridge -- say around 3pm -- that would mean the phone was still alive and working for at least an hour or more after the assault. The grandfather mentions he has confirmation of texts being received, but unread, which would also support this.

This is an extremely strong indication that BG did not take the phone, turn it off, throw it in the water, etc. prior to the crime. If Abby and Libby were going out to take photos, it's also reasonable to assume they fully charged the phone before the trip. The only way a fully-charged phone is going to die within a few hours is if it's disabled (e.g., thrown into the water after the crime) or if it's doing something battery-intensive like recording audio/video. Since LE mentioned the phone was found on Libby's body (probably in a coat pocket), we can assume it wasn't found in the water.

To support this further, it's worth noting that (to my knowledge) LE very deliberately stated that BG is not necessarily the same person in the audio clip. This simply means in that clip, you can't see him say anything. One way to explain this would be if Libby started recording but as he approached, quickly put the phone away in her pocket without him noticing, and left it recording.

Like most of us, I'm convinced that phone recording is going to contain horrific content of nightmares. However, I don't think it's going to be particularly useful evidence in finding the murderer(s), because it really seems to me LE is stumped.

LE did not say the phone was found on Libby's body.

I went to reread this article and this part jumped out at me...

[FONT="]The bodies were found on the edge of the water, upstream, against the flow of the creek, police said.

So if the bodies were found on the edge of the water, upstream Im following but then how could they be against the flow of the creek at the same time? were they partially submerged? Can someone make better sense of this sentence?
[/FONT]

upstream is in and of itself against the flow of the creek. He's saying it's not like they just floated there with the flow of the water, because then they'd be downstream.. they were UPstream, AGAINST the flow of the creek.

When I read that they frequent the area, I took that as they went on the trails... this pic IF taken by the creek shows that they went off the trail and were much closer to the property where they were found. Perhaps even making the leap that the girls may have been on the property several times before the murders? JMO

If that is Deer creek it appears Abby is standing on part of the property that the Mears brothers (family) donated their property for the extention of the trail to include the bridge. There was a map posted by NIN a few threads back that showed property lines. Mr. Logan's property (where the girls were found)would be on the right of her. (looking at the map). Jmo

In an article posted the morning of February 14th, we're provided some extremely interesting or valuable information about the case that to my knowledge is not mentioned anywhere else: http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

At 1:20, the grandfather mentions that the phone has been "pinging around town" but the last ping was "5-6 hours ago". There is no timestamp on the interview, but it's clearly dark and appears to be taken the night of February 13th where no foul play is suspected (the mother is interviewed, and simply worried about the cold).

Given the fact that it's dark in the video, we can assume it's somewhere around say 9pm on February 13. Five to six hours earlier would mean the last pings were around 4-5pm. If we assume BG confronted the girls soon after the photos on the bridge -- say around 3pm -- that would mean the phone was still alive and working for at least an hour or more after the assault. The grandfather mentions he has confirmation of texts being received, but unread, which would also support this.

This is an extremely strong indication that BG did not take the phone, turn it off, throw it in the water, etc. prior to the crime. If Abby and Libby were going out to take photos, it's also reasonable to assume they fully charged the phone before the trip. The only way a fully-charged phone is going to die within a few hours is if it's disabled (e.g., thrown into the water after the crime) or if it's doing something battery-intensive like recording audio/video. Since LE mentioned the phone was found on Libby's body (probably in a coat pocket), we can assume it wasn't found in the water.

To support this further, it's worth noting that (to my knowledge) LE very deliberately stated that BG is not necessarily the same person in the audio clip. This simply means in that clip, you can't see him say anything. One way to explain this would be if Libby started recording but as he approached, quickly put the phone away in her pocket without him noticing, and left it recording.

Like most of us, I'm convinced that phone recording is going to contain horrific content of nightmares. However, I don't think it's going to be particularly useful evidence in finding the murderer(s), because it really seems to me LE is stumped.

Can you post a link where LE said that the phone was on her body? Because I'm pretty sure they never said where the phone was found...

MOO, I think she was thinking "there is no way this is the guy we are supposed to meet up with". I've been there as a teen...meet someone online, think he is your age, he shows up 20 years older than you thought. Imo, she thought correctly that he had deceived them, and was on alert.
Hopefully if they were supposed to meetup with someone this would be able to be found by LE on their social media sites, cloud etc.

I went to reread this article and this part jumped out at me...

The bodies were found on the edge of the water, upstream, against the flow of the creek, police said.

So if the bodies were found on the edge of the water, upstream Im following but then how could they be against the flow of the creek at the same time? were they partially submerged? Can someone make better sense of this sentence?

I didn't realize they said that. it is actually a good clue. They unintentionally were saying that the girls moved in an opposite direction that the water was flowing (traveled against the flow) and were found upstream of where they were on the bridge. MOO

or having an affair....

When I heard that Homeland Security was coming in with their secure satellite Communications the first thing I thought of was they were bringing in a "stingray" also.

For those that do not know what that is it captures all cell signals, vs a tower.

935fd909df06a3ef04be7800084c5899.jpg

I googled power lines over Wabash river Indiana. Apparently there's a substation somewhere along the Wabash. That's the extent of my suckish sleuthing skills, but perhaps it will help a teeny tiny bit.

I didn't realize they said that. it is actually a good clue. They unintentionally were saying that the girls moved in an opposite direction that the water was flowing (traveled against the flow) and were found upstream of where they were on the bridge. MOO

They were not found in the water...that info was published very early on and has been debunked. They were found about 50 feet from the water. MOO

They were not found in the water...that info was published very early on and has been debunked. They were found about 50 feet from the water. MOO

I didn't intend to imply they were found in the water. I was explaining upstream as a direction. There bodies were directionally upstream from the original starting point near the bridge

As stated in Abby's obit she was born in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan and also per the obit she enjoyed camping in Michigan. So that photo for all we know could be from St. Mary's River. Or from any other thousands of rivers. Even if it were from Deer Creek, I'm not following how this is helpful? No disrespect as this is JMO. I'm just quoting this post because it is the most recent one not trying to single anyone out.

http://m.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2017-02-15/Obituaries/Abigail_J_Williams.html#.WMravzz3aEc

Edit to add I think that is a small walleye that she has caught?

You are so right, it could be anywhere but the fact that there is a bridge that looks just happens to look like Monon High Bridge led lots of us to believe that that is where the picture was taken.

I think that people just found it relevant as it puts Abby and possibly Libby near where they were found. This left some of us to think that maybe they'd been scoped out earlier by BG. Knowing that could help to theorize whether or not he planned to attack them in particular.

Turns out that they were found around the bend but not that far from what could be the spot in that pic.

The only problem I have with trying to match someone to the picture is that the picture is just to distorted IMHO... Further more I don't know why so many people keep going down the RSO path, we have no idea if these girls were sexually assaulted... We have no idea what motivated these murders... JMHO we are never going to match BG with someone online... doesn't stop me from trying and I'll be honest I do it to, but lets be real careful putting names out here just saying....

Am I the only one that won't go outside at night since this? Am I the only one that jumps at every bump in the night?

[emoji15]Today's moment of embarrassment: I walk into the kitchen and hear a noise. Is that? Is that someone snapping their fingers? Neither of my children can snap, and my husband is not home, so it must be a finger-snapping intruder. Of course. (The worst kind.)

I grab the Windex. (It was nearest to me.) I'll spray Snappy-Snaps in the eyes, that's what I'll do. (Never mind that my daughter's harmonica was also close by. This is no time for a jam session.)

I creep around the corner, my finger on the trigger. Get ready to burn, eyes.

It's a quilt in the dryer, flapping around, making a rhythmic finger-snapping sound. Call off the police. I've got it all under control.

So, yeah. Me.[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members