Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing this.

If they knew him, why do you suppose Libby took the picture? I can't recall who it was, maybe someone in the podcast Tricia did, but one of the experts said they felt it was a stranger because otherwise why would she take a picture of him.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe because of what he said to them just before, and that he started to come on fast and aggressively. I've said before he was not walking at the moment of the video, he was running. Take a few steps yourself and see how high your knee comes up on a normal step and then when you make a fast running type move. We don't know what he said or did right before she hit the record button but she was concerned. And unfortunately one or both of them may know some people who cause concern, especially if you suddenly see one where you are hiking and thought you were alone and safe and they break and make a move to grab your friend.

I'm still bothered by the grainy image of the POI on the bridge so I found pictures online of people walking across the bridge and how clear their pictures are. And also for distance, clarity of a picture being taken from different distances and angles. Here is some that I found View attachment 112924View attachment 112925View attachment 112926View attachment 112927View attachment 112928

I don't even think LE have a better image of BG. I honestly think Libby video'd this in a major hurry, trying to avoid him seeing her.

The only problem I have with trying to match someone to the picture is that the picture is just to distorted IMHO... Further more I don't know why so many people keep going down the RSO path, we have no idea if these girls were sexually assaulted... We have no idea what motivated these murders... JMHO we are never going to match BG with someone online... doesn't stop me from trying and I'll be honest I do it to, but lets be real careful putting names out here just saying....

We were authorized to put his name out there.

MOO, I think she was thinking "there is no way this is the guy we are supposed to meet up with". I've been there as a teen...meet someone online, think he is your age, he shows up 20 years older than you thought. Imo, she thought correctly that he had deceived them, and was on alert.

IMO
She was taking Abby's pic and he was in the frame.

I keep thinking I read that Abby and her mom had moved to Delphi recently. I wonder if they hired the same moving company that JW works (worked) at. A bit of a stretch but perhaps he noticed her then.

Similar to Elizabeth Smart.:mad:

Chocolope welcome to Websleuths!

Totally agree about the phone being left on to record audio. Jmo

In an article posted the morning of February 14th, we're provided some extremely interesting or valuable information about the case that to my knowledge is not mentioned anywhere else: http://wlfi.com/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

At 1:20, the grandfather mentions that the phone has been "pinging around town" but the last ping was "5-6 hours ago". There is no timestamp on the interview, but it's clearly dark and appears to be taken the night of February 13th where no foul play is suspected (the mother is interviewed, and simply worried about the cold).

Given the fact that it's dark in the video, we can assume it's somewhere around say 9pm on February 13. Five to six hours earlier would mean the last pings were around 4-5pm. If we assume BG confronted the girls soon after the photos on the bridge -- say around 3pm -- that would mean the phone was still alive and working for at least an hour or more after the assault. The grandfather mentions he has confirmation of texts being received, but unread, which would also support this.

This is an extremely strong indication that BG did not take the phone, turn it off, throw it in the water, etc. prior to the crime. If Abby and Libby were going out to take photos, it's also reasonable to assume they fully charged the phone before the trip. The only way a fully-charged phone is going to die within a few hours is if it's disabled (e.g., thrown into the water after the crime) or if it's doing something battery-intensive like recording audio/video. Since LE mentioned the phone was found on Libby's body (probably in a coat pocket), we can assume it wasn't found in the water.

To support this further, it's worth noting that (to my knowledge) LE very deliberately stated that BG is not necessarily the same person in the audio clip. This simply means in that clip, you can't see him say anything. One way to explain this would be if Libby started recording but as he approached, quickly put the phone away in her pocket without him noticing, and left it recording.

Like most of us, I'm convinced that phone recording is going to contain horrific content of nightmares. However, I don't think it's going to be particularly useful evidence in finding the murderer(s), because it really seems to me LE is stumped.

I can only speak for myself, but if in fact the fishing photo was taken very close to the spot where the girls were found, it may indicate that Abby and Libby spent time on Mr. Logan's property prior and perhaps even frequented it.

So, one might surmise that if the above is true or even likely, that there is also a possibility that BG had seen the girls there on more than one occasion and may explain his reasoning for taking them there that final day.

Who else would have also frequented that portion of Mr. Logan's property? It may be a rather YUGE clue in identifying the beast.

Again, this is all a stew if possibly, perhaps and maybe- seasoned with a healthy dose of MOO. ;)

Well put! Thanks for that.

I went to reread this article and this part jumped out at me...

[FONT=&amp]The bodies were found on the edge of the water, upstream, against the flow of the creek, police said.

So if the bodies were found on the edge of the water, upstream Im following but then how could they be against the flow of the creek at the same time? were they partially submerged? Can someone make better sense of this sentence?
[/FONT]

I didn't realize they said that. it is actually a good clue. They unintentionally were saying that the girls moved in an opposite direction that the water was flowing (traveled against the flow) and were found upstream of where they were on the bridge. MOO

I do apologize Haystack. I was confused because the post you responded to contained the inaccurate info (found at edge of water).

Maybe because of what he said to them just before, and that he started to come on fast and aggressively. I've said before he was not walking at the moment of the video, he was running. Take a few steps yourself and see how high your knee comes up on a normal step and then when you make a fast running type move. We don't know what he said or did right before she hit the record button but she was concerned. And unfortunately one or both of them may know some people who cause concern, especially if you suddenly see one where you are hiking and thought you were alone and safe and they break and make a move to grab your friend.

IMO it's very hard to run with your hands in your pockets, especially on a 60 foot high bridge without any side rails and with missing and rotted ties every so often. Watching the 8 minute video of someone walking over it was very eye-opening for me. JMO it looks more like a gait associated with knee issues or high-stepping over a missing tie or something JMO.

We were authorized to put his name out there.

I know.. it was a general comment ;) not meant at any one person.... just want us to be really careful what we put out here, since we all know people are reposting these threads on the internet...

[emoji15]Today's moment of embarrassment: I walk into the kitchen and hear a noise. Is that? Is that someone snapping their fingers? Neither of my children can snap, and my husband is not home, so it must be a finger-snapping intruder. Of course. (The worst kind.)

I grab the Windex. (It was nearest to me.) I'll spray Snappy-Snaps in the eyes, that's what I'll do. (Never mind that my daughter's harmonica was also close by. This is no time for a jam session.)

I creep around the corner, my finger on the trigger. Get ready to burn, eyes.

It's a quilt in the dryer, flapping around, making a rhythmic finger-snapping sound. Call off the police. I've got it all under control.

So, yeah. Me.[emoji53]

Thanks for the good laugh, I needed the cheering up :) dont worry I accidentally jumped at a music stand a few weeks ago because I thought it was someone in my face

I know.. it was a general comment ;) not meant at any one person.... just want us to be really careful what we put out here, since we all know people are reposting these threads on the internet...

The mods have been keeping us in line and we try to correct misconceptions as we go. Thanks for the reminder.

No. It has not been determined beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is Deer Creek. It could be the Wabash River. It could have been taken in another state. That's what I've been trying to figure out. A couple other sleuthers have done way more searching than I have and from what I've read, they can't say for certain where it is either.

In Abby's obituary, it stated the following, "She loved to camp and swim, and loved being outdoors, she liked riding ATV's with her family on camping trips to Michigan." Is it possible the fishing photo was taken on a camping trip in MI? JMO.

You know...I've been wondering that too...Did the take her phone away and throw it in the creek? Could it have washed up on shore and that is where LE found it? She had enough time to snap picture. I was even wondering if she was nervous why not call grandpa or grandma or even another adult and talk to them? Can you even get cell service out there? It seems strange to me as if maybe the picture was of someone she knew or was somewhat familiar with?

Of course, all JMO.

Do we know if she was actually trying to take that video or if it was an accident? I always carry my phone with me when I walk my dog, and sometimes I take pictures accidentally...once I even took a 10 second video, mostly of the sidewalk, because I somehow hit record when the dog was pulling me and didn't even realize it until later. I wonder if she was just holding the phone after taking the bridge pics and didn't realize she hit record when the guy was talking to them.

Why do so many people think BG was wearing a hat in the still shot? It's obvious it's his hair and is in need of haircut. You can even see the part and cowlick near the rear/top of his cranium.

Second pic looks like he's sporting a hood but that's because of the darker lighting. In the darker pic the cowlick and hair style is clear.
I personally do not see any hair. LE has not said his hair is showing. I

The only problem I have with trying to match someone to the picture is that the picture is just to distorted IMHO... Further more I don't know why so many people keep going down the RSO path, we have no idea if these girls were sexually assaulted... We have no idea what motivated these murders... JMHO we are never going to match BG with someone online... doesn't stop me from trying and I'll be honest I do it to, but lets be real careful putting names out here just saying....

actually in my opinion, most young girls that are killed after being assaulted. the killing is secondary. So, it is logical to look at past offenders. If there was a registry of past child murderers, we would look there as well. AND, I don't feel bad putting JW's name out there. If he wanted to clear his name, he should turn himself in for the charge he is wanted on...IMO

17270994_10202721686881519_1637152276_n.jpg
This is the picture I had mentioned in an earlier post where someone had pointed out where it looks like a person standing behind a tree below the bridge. The area that they referenced was on the opposite side of where you have there blue circle. Look on Abigail's left. Follow the tracks 25-30 yards behind her and look for the tall white birch tree and follow it down to its trunk.

Do we know if she was actually trying to take that video or if it was an accident? I always carry my phone with me when I walk my dog, and sometimes I take pictures accidentally...once I even took a 10 second video, mostly of the sidewalk, because I somehow hit record when the dog was pulling me and didn't even realize it until later. I wonder if she was just holding the phone after taking the bridge pics and didn't realize she hit record when the guy was talking to them.
Based on the fact that LE stated in the Feb 22 press conf that LIbby was so brave to be aware of her surroundings and video her attacker ... it doesn't appear it happened accidentally. I'll see if I can find the quote...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-sa...ecorded-suspect-chilling-cell-audio-released/

“This young lady’s a hero, there’s no doubt, to have the presence of mind to activate the video on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior that is about to occur,” said Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member