IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We find out where they live, where they’re from, what they’ve been doing,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said. “We run their driver’s license information to see if they’re wanted.”

Investigators in Delphi work 24/7 following up on tips, hoping it will lead to an arrest in the double homicide case. But it’s led investigators to other crimes.

“We’ve found out there are warrants on them,” Riley said about potential suspects. “One person was arrested for having drugs on him when we went to talk to him.”

http://wlfi.com/2017/03/16/delphi-homicide-investigation-leads-to-unrelated-arrests/

I wish super evil people who are capable of a crime like this would spontaneously combust.

Thanks! It's horrifying to think of what it contains - I'm still haunted by reading the Bittaker/Norris transcripts, and I suspect this may be along those same lines.

JMO but often times these murderers are into the fear/control/power aspect - it's a major part of the thrill. I think people are jumping ahead to sex offenders too quickly.

It worries me that perhaps two friends were chosen deliberately to maximize the victims fear and thus the murderers excitement (e.g., murder one and observe the fear in the next). Bittaker and Norris I recall specifically enjoyed observing the fear in their victims.

Anyhow, seems reasonable to think a gun is involved (hard to imagine how else you'd control 2 people, and I can't unsee the outline in the photo!), but there's very little reason to suspect one was used in the killing -- too risky with the gunshot sound and nearby properties. Which leads me to believe killer(s) had a preferred method of killing silently, perhaps strangulation, drowning, or a knife. LE didn't seem to immediately know whether the crime was a homicide however, and mentioned they suspected it only based on how the bodies were found.

We should be careful about assuming this is a sex-related murder by a pedophile(s). I know it seems obvious given the gender and age of the victims, and statistically I'd think it likely, but as of yet there is no evidence and no indication by LE. And given how confused they seem about this case, I have to wonder if the lack of apparent motive is why.

Very interesting post. I have been wondering if the twist that LE spoke of was that the girls were not "assaulted," only murdered.

Now of course, as you are pointing out, there are all kinds of killers out there but I think we are often preprogramed to assume that two young girls are assaulted then murdered (used and then disposed of). Just thinking out loud...

Man, that dude REALLY does look like BG, right? And the timing of his "poof" is brow raising......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riley says more than 300 people have been questioned. About thirteen of those people have been arrested for unrelated crimes.

Carroll County Sherriff Tobe Leazenby says five of the 13 arrests have taken place in Carroll County, and the number could increase.

“To a certain degree, it’s been a benefit for us being able to enforce warrants that we’ve had on file and be able to follow through with those,” Leazenby said.

http://wlfi.com/2017/03/16/delphi-homicide-investigation-leads-to-unrelated-arrests/

Some of the success has been through misinformation given during questioning.

Riley says some people are not being truthful because of lingering criminal records. But that also stalls the search for Abby and Libby’s killer.

“So then we’ve got to do a little bit more digging, and it just makes it more difficult and time-consuming for us to clear them,” Riley said.

Both Riley and Leazenby say these unrelated arrests have not taken any attention off the double homicide investigation.

[video=twitter;842495885477138435]https://twitter.com/WLFI/status/842495885477138435[/video]

WLFI News 18‏@WLFI 13m
13 minutes ago

Delphi homicide investigation leads to unrelated arrests

Very interesting post. I have been wondering if the twist that LE spoke of was that the girls were not "assaulted," only murdered.

Now of course, as you are pointing out, there are all kinds of killers out there but I think we are often preprogramed to assume that two young girls are assaulted then murdered (used and then disposed of). Just thinking out loud...

I have thought the same (no sexual assault) i am having doubts on dna, that being one reason, the other is that his dna is not in the data base.

I've seen the movie or read the book a very long time ago. I get what you mean but I don't think it's quite the same. In that plot, wasn't it more about the challenge/thrill of the hunt? I don't get the sense that's what we're dealing with here. The main reason for that is there is no "challenge" in this particular case - the victims were essentially helpless young girls, presumably cornered on a bridge with no escape. That's not the type of situation I'd see a hunter gaining a thrill from. Instead it is the type of situation someone who was seeking absolute control would create, similar to how many serial killers behave.

What I'm stumped by is the supposed creek crossing. It plays an extremely important role in this case, but it doesn't make a lot of sense given the other evidence. One theory I have is that the killer led them to the creek (but not across) for isolation (one less direction to run in) or destruction of evidence, some fetish with drowning, or something to that effect. Perhaps he then murdered his first victim, with the intent of inducing absolute fear into his remaining victim, who fled across the creek, and was murdered or died of previous wounds there. LE never clarified whether the bodies were in the same vicinity. I am suspecting they were not.

What's confusing is that it seems pretty clear this was premeditated, and perhaps even the murderer(s) knew the victims. Given this level of preparation I find it hard to believe a victim was able to flee at all, and I can't think of any other reason for crossing that creek.

Interesting scenario. Your beginning premise for it is that they exited at the southeast end of the bridge.

Just curious, if they exited the northwest end of the bridge, what would be the sequence of events?

IMO the twist is the victims captured audio/video of the suspect and possibly the crime. Anything else is reaching.

Noooo, i have 15 acres that back up to 50,000 acres of state land. I have a fully trained German Shepherd personal protection dog, who can take down 2 men, if need be, and I'm still scared ****- less , walking him. I can't imagine what i would do if i saw someone like BG coming toward me....

I hate to admit it but our adorable, lovable big softy of a dog would leave me to my own defences - he's always the first one back to the house - he's more creeped out than I am.

With your land backing up to all that state land you have the added fear of Big Foot as well.:gasp:Not to creep you out further though.

After 29 threads I thought I knew what was going on but somewhere in this thread I became lost. :gaah:

What is going on? Who's FB page went "poof"? JW?

Is it even possible to clue me into this? Don't worry if you can't.

I've just lost it.

His FB page did not go "poof", JW himself did. On Jan. 31st. I think he is still on the run.

I wondered if my wording this morning might cause some confusion- please forgive me! I only meant the timing of his "disappearance" was shortly before the girls' murder. :(

Riley says more than 300 people have been questioned. About thirteen of those people have been arrested for unrelated crimes.

Carroll County Sherriff Tobe Leazenby says five of the 13 arrests have taken place in Carroll County, and the number could increase.

“To a certain degree, it’s been a benefit for us being able to enforce warrants that we’ve had on file and be able to follow through with those,” Leazenby said.

It seems that LE just lets things go rather than enforce warrants. This is shining an unfortunate light on mismanagement. They would not have so many violations to wade through if the Dept were enforcing along the way as it should be. Basically, none of those arrested would not have happened if not for this heinous crime.
I support LEO tremendously yet do not tolerate laziness very well. :cow:

For those interested in the property line, thread #26 post #802 post#841.

Thanks NIN

JMO, i think the sp is long gone.......Billboards put up throughout the country is very telling.

I think LE wanted to cover all their bases regarding if BG was local or passing through the area; and they had the ability to use 6,000 billboards so they did. Might as well.

I don't know the probability of whether he has left the state or is still around. I'm on the fence on that one, but I have always believed he lives somewhere in north central Indiana. That being said, he could definitely have fled the area, especially if he has no job keeping him tied here. Hope we'll get an answer to that one if or when he's caught.

The above is MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member