IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've really been researching, specifically RL, now that he has been named a person of interest, at least on some MSM. <modsnip>

RL does have a dog. Perhaps someone came by to care for the dog and they are truly the reason for the search warrant. RL is 77 with obvious breathing difficulties. This would not make him a good suspect.

I have also come to the conclusion that the white around the neck are goggles like you would wear on a motorcycle or dirtbike. One photo has a fanny pack or waist bag but you can kind of see him tugging on the edge of the hoodie underneath. In the second photo, the hoodie is pulled down over most of the fanny pack as if he were retrieving something from the pocket.

I wonder if the "twist" in the case could be that they're (LE) certain the location where the girls' bodies were found on 2/14 was searched on 2/13 and they weren't there?? MOO :cow:

Sorry. I didn't know that could not be posted, in regards to family

Do they need a warrant to test his DNA if he's ordered to produce it for something like say a drug test for violating probation? I don't think it's DNA they're worried about at this point.

BTW I think the state does not take a DNA sample automatically from anyone arrested with a DUI or PV which is classified as a misdemeanor, only if you commit a felony. I'm not sure they'd be able to test his DNA from a drug test though or if that's considered illegal if he is only *allegedly* charged with a misdemeanor.

Edit: not a lawyer so I don't know the rules.

Moo. I cant get the truck they took out of my head. I dont think they could impound it because he was driving on a suspended license, unless he was physically caught in it and arrested/impounded on the spot. So why take the truck? I have some theories, based on pings and such, but they all involve leaving the bridge area with the girls alive. Why bring them back if you managed to leave with them. It seems to risky.

Things I can think of that they could be looking for:

Something they know one of the girls possessed that hasn't been found, including possible "trophy"
Footprints to match the ones near the scene
Blood or other evidence that the crime took place there
Fibers, dust, sawdust, grease, etc. to match similar material found on/near the bodies
Something that the unreleased video from Abby's phone showed to be in possession of the murderer
Evidence that a building such as silo or barn was used
Evidence that evidence was disposed of, such as traces of blood in a drain after washing a murder weapon

Those are just a few I came up with off the top of my head.

Been on this thread since the beginning but one thing I must have missed or it hasn't been done is a list of empty/for sale homes.
I noticed a property a couple of weeks ago very near RL's home.
It's for sale and its land appears to go down to the river.
I don't however know if it's vacant, it's a nice house, on the market for over 400k.
Private & spacious, looks like it's been a really nice home.
On google satellite you could see tyre tracks, a vehicle had driven off the drive onto the grass but how long ago that image is from I don't know.
I would assume if it was a possibility LE would have already searched all vacant properties in the area especially ones so near a crime scene.
I know we can't sleuth neighbours etc but can we look at house that's openly for sale online?

This was in response to Burnt Toast's post ". . .I see a man with zero emotion exhibiting zero empathy for such a horrific crime."

And, I just want to say this.

RL is 77-78 years old. No one gets this old without already having suffered a great deal of loss and a great deal of pain. Take it from someone who knows, me. I have many friends in this age range. :) By this age, if you are still alive, chances are you have buried: your grandparents; your parents; at least one spouse whom you deeply loved; a marriage; your-in-laws who were like second parents to you; your sibling(s); your first cousins; aunts; uncles; best friends, life-long friends; your own child(ren); maybe even grandchildren; 30 dogs, 50 cats, some horses and every time, a chunk of your heart, and life, went into the ground with them all. They have lost their hearing, their sight, sometimes their health. Don't expect much emotion out of this age group. The have lived the battle of life and survived but they have many wounds and scars. Top it off with constant joint pain and limited abilities. Seriously, what do you want from these folks? They can write books on pain and suffering, they've lived through it all. Their tears stopped falling. I have been to funerals where the elderly mothers shed no tears burying their adult children. Elderly widows or widowers shed no tears. Tears really do all get used up if you live long enough.

:goodpost: Probably OT by now a few hours later but I want to thank you for describing so eloquently and compassionately what aging ones go through and why we seem stoic in the face of tragedy. I'm 71, my husband is 72. We still have each other thankfully, but we've experienced all the rest you describe. But don't call us elderly! We are the "forever young" generation Bob Dylan wrote about. :D We've shed our tears and may shed a few more, but I'm much more matter-of-fact about the hard stuff than I used to be. It doesn't mean I don't care, I feel deeply for people, but it's less obvious now. The same is true of our friends in their 80's and 90's.

At 77-78 RL was a child during WWII. Who knows what losses he experienced during that war...and Korea...and Vietnam plus the usual losses and pain. It chips away at you. So I'm not going to look at his tone or manner and think he lacks empathy. I'm going to see a man who's seen it all. He's shaken up by Libby and Abby being found on his property, but less than a younger person would be.

And I never forget that news interviews are heavily edited, so he may have been more empathetic in other segments that were cut.

Of course, if he's arrested for participating in the murders, this post still applies, but it gets much more complicated.
JMO

I do hope LE interviews everyone within a certain radius that holds hunting permits. I live near the Angie Housman case and LE interviewed over 400 hunters. Seems tedious but BG's hat does appear camo so he could be a hunter.

Right. But it was parked and he has been in jail a week. So I dont think it can be that.

They might be gathering evidence to charge him with a full-blown probation violation where they can extend his probation, impose new probation terms, order him back to jail briefly or revoke the probation completely and order him to serve out the rest of his sentence.

Not sure I've ever used the word pristine in talking about anything. However, I can see someone in shock about a double murder on their property. Perhaps the word meant to him the land didn't look any different than last time he saw it, and it was expecting to see a blood crime scene, or an area of much disturbance, but he was shocked that he didn't. That he couldn't possibly imagine two people were killed in that area, because it didn't look like anything had happened there to him.

Maybe this article will help.

To the best of the investigator's ability, the crime scene must be protected from pedestrian or vehicular traffic and weather-related effects. Keeping unauthorized or unnecessary people out of the area is vital in maintaining a pristine crime scene so that accusations of crime scene tampering and contamination caused by improper procedures, are avoided.
What does unauthorized people mean? It means curious onlookers, family members and members of any law enforcement body such as supervisory or city government personnel. In many towns and cities, county district attorneys as well as prosecuting lawyers are often called to the scene of a crime as a matter of courtesy or city government policy. However, it is extremely important to limit access to a crime scene, and that goes for everyone who is not absolutely essential to the task of examining or gathering evidence.

This is not an easy task. High ranking police officers, sheriff's department personnel and other local government officials seem to take it as their right to visit and enter crime scenes. Such activities should not be condoned, nor supported by local law enforcement departments, though that's easier said than done. A crime scene investigator must be aware of the protocol and policies of any law enforcement department they work with in order to avoid difficulties that can arise from such a situation.

A criminal case can be made, or lost, at the crime scene. It is the place where the greatest margin of error lies, and the one place where improper procedure or breaking protocol in the collection and retrieval of evidence faces the greatest scrutiny, not only immediately following the procedure, but perhaps, months or even years later when the case goes to trial.

It is absolutely imperative that proper procedure be followed from the moment a crime scene investigator arrives at the scene of the crime until it has been cleared. Doing things the right way can make the difference between a successful resolution and the capture of a suspect or a negative outcome.

https://www.universalclass.com/articles/law/csi-protecting-the-evidence.htm

IMO

If you compare the white truck parked on RL's property and the white one that is being towed away on the flatbed they appear to be two different vehicles. The one on the flatbed does not have a cab (but even if LE had removed the cab) the side mirrors appear to be different and the truck on the flat bed has gray or black lower rocker panels. IMO

attachment.php
attachment.php

Bumping this up. Seems a significant observation to me.

RL probably changed his clothes due to being under the spotlight a little lately!
I know I'd alter what I was wearing a bit too if I were having reporters and LE talking to me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The interview was for Inside Edition which would have made an appointment to come and speak with him. So, it makes sense that he would clean up for a prearranged interview.

The other interviews that I have seen were from news teams that would have been hanging around, waiting to see if they could speak to him, possibly knocking on his door any time of day.

I just don't think RL is the killer. I don't see how. Unless he has murdered before, killing two girls would be so unusual. Two girls isn't some older guy getting cranky, or having a sexual fantasy, or snapping. The person that did this (imo and from other cases) has done this before, or has done something really really heinous.

There have been older perps before. Sexual assault is more about control and power than sexual gratification.

IMO Wondergirl has managed to put it together. Wow.

Sigh. It's all very sad for so many.

What am I missing.

Do you guys know if there is a reason that they haven't cleared up that picture more by now? I mean, it's a huge piece of evidence. Hasn't NASA did this in the past for the FBI? I understand it's probably very expensive, but...it's a critical piece of evidence here.

Maybe they have but didn't need to show the public.

I think you're on to something... I'll be interested to see if we hear about another search warrant on bicycle road, assuming the pinging was a bit off.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What am I missing?

MOO

If RL was BG I truly think he would have been arrested for murder weeks ago.

In all the thousands of cases Iv'e followed over numerous years, arrests rarely happen quickly in cases that aren't solved within 24 hours

Wow! After today's new developments, I have moved into a whole new direction. IMO-I'm certain BG is not RL. However, IMO I can see why searches took place in certain locations. I really do feel bad for RL, but think this will be solved by the end of the weekend.

If someone doesn't clue me in my head is going to explode.

I agree it's strange. If you're referring to the grandfather speaking about Libby's phone "pinging around town" and "5-6 hours ago"... I am not 100% certain but I would imagine you don't need a warrant to use pings to locate a missing person. I'm thinking LE could have done it that evening, especially in a town of 3,000 people, and confirmed the phones were on around 3-4pm.

I'm guessing LE briefed the families, and let them know the ping information as evidence of them still being in the area. That may be why the families suspected no foul play, the search was called off at dark, etc.

I'd be curious about the cell infrastructure within Delphi. I think you need 2+ base stations to reliably triangulate a location, otherwise you're just able to identify some wide radius the phone was within, probably an entire town). Not sure about this though. IIRC in the February 13 interview with the grandfather he mentions "we have one here", referring to the base station / tower within Delphi. If they only have one (which seems likely for a small town), they wouldn't be able to assess much.

Have you looked at Skibaboo's case map? She has the located of the cell towers in Delphi on the map. Have a look and see what you think:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...M&ll=40.40062626780707,-86.40000880000002&z=9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr