IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If his dog stays inside when he does, dog probably would not smell anything unusual in the time before they were found.

How far from the house were the bodies found? Just asking in relation to the question about the dog, as my assumption would be that the dog might explore the property but likely not cover all 40 acres. This is not a city lot. I wouldn't expect the dog to find the bodies if they were a significant distance from the home.

I am heavy hearted in the realization that one or both girls were likely kept alive for some time before they were murdered at the hands of this .

I believe there will be another search warrant executed at a different residence on Bicycle Rd. The pings were a little off is my feeling on this.

The girls were not murdered by RL. I'm not sure if he had any role in this crime at all, other than being extremely used by someone he knows well.

I think his shock - and likely denial - that we have witnessed, is that there is a very close connection to him in this heinous double homicide.

Nobody is going to be comfortable with the details to come. But, I think that LE is in full control of this one.

MOO

WG

Spot on, IMHO.

Bringing over my thoughts that RL may be in protective custody. Perhaps to remove him from the scene for different reasons. MOO

I hope I am not interrupting the flow of the thread but just wanted to comment.

Protective custody was my first thought last week when LE arrested Logan. Now I don't think so.

The FBI has access to sophisticated voice recognition software. I have to
wonder if Logan's voice is thought to be the one on the recording. It sounds to me as if it is. I've been here since day one and only posted twice, but one of the posts was that I thought the voice was one of an older man.

Some say that a man of Logan's age would not be able to accomplish the murder of two healthy young girls. I disagree. My grandfather was a builder and worked past the age of 70 because he wanted to (he owned the company). He could still climb a ladder and inspect a roof his workers had put on a new build.

We all know adrenaline can give you energy to do things you wouldn't normally be able to do. I think a 70 year old in reasonably good health could do whatever he needed to do. Just IMO.

I hope it was not RL, but he does appear to be in reasonably good health for an habitual drinker.

I have to admit I have not felt sympathetic towards RL for all of the DUI's he has had. Please no one offer sympathy to me but my only son was killed on Thanksgiving day by a drunk driver who was drunk by noon and had a couple of DUI's in his past. My son was a junior in college and we were waiting Thanksgiving dinner on him. That was in 1999. How much anyone drinks in the privacy of their own home is none of my business but when it kills your only son, it becomes your business when they are on our streets and highways.

Sorry for the long post. I just finally had to post. I normally lurk because someone has inevitably said exactly what I would have said by the time I finally catch up.

Thanks, and please no condolences on the loss of my son because that is not why I posted it.

MOO

Not if the backyard is 40 acres. MOO

So jumping off that - I mentioned I grew up on 100 acres. Our barn was half a mile (and over a creek and a state highway) from our house. My step-siblings father drove to that barn and commit suicide near one of the outbuildings. It took over 24 hours to find his body. My point is, when there is a lot of land, things happen that a landowner may not recognize or be aware of, and things you think should be obvious in a search, are not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am heavy hearted in the realization that one or both girls were likely kept alive for some time before they were murdered at the hands of this .

I believe there will be another search warrant executed at a different residence on Bicycle Rd. The pings were a little off is my feeling on this.

The girls were not murdered by RL. I'm not sure if he had any role in this crime at all, other than being extremely used by someone he knows well.

I think his shock - and likely denial - that we have witnessed, is that there is a very close connection to him in this heinous double homicide.

Nobody is going to be comfortable with the details to come. But, I think that LE is in full control of this one.

MOO

WG
May I ask… What are you basing this on?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

MOO

WG

I 100% agree! I feel so badly for RL. Until I see that he has been arrested for the murders, I will believe he didn't do it. This is probably silly and off topic, but his farmhouse is so sweet looking. I have always wanted a farmhouse just like it. I am sad that his home has been violated! I can't imagine. And, I am afraid that a worse hurt is coming soon for him.

I believe that first search warrant that was served will play into the full story of what happened to the girls. It came quickly.

I'm seeing on social media some people are convinced that RL is BG, but I just can't buy it, the murders literally happened on his property, so obviously he would be an initial suspect regardless, I would imagine that he would have been cleared by now?

Also wouldn't his alibi been cleared by now? Just confused by all this RL speculation, how could he not been 100% cleared by NOW? Over 1 month into the investigation?
If RL was the killer, why would he intentionally leave the girls on his property? This also has me very confused, I keep jumping back and forth on whether he was apart of this whole thing or not. I feel bad for him, as he is elderly, but then I remember people like Albert Fish, and second guess myseld. [emoji19] If he is innocent, then I hope he is cleared quickly, however if he WAS involved then may justice strike swiftly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I hope I am not interrupting the flow of the thread but just wanted to comment.

Protective custody was my first thought last week when LE arrested Logan. Now I don't think so.

The FBI has access to sophisticated voice recognition software. I have to
wonder if Logan's voice is thought to be the one on the recording. It sounds to me as if it is. I've been here since day one and only posted twice, but one of the posts was that I thought the voice was one of an older man.

Some say that a man of Logan's age would not be able to accomplish the murder of two healthy young girls. I disagree. My grandfather was a builder and worked past the age of 70 because he wanted to (he owned the company). He could still climb a ladder and inspect a roof his workers had put on a new build.

We all know adrenaline can give you energy to do things you wouldn't normally be able to do. I think a 70 year old in reasonably good health could do whatever he needed to do. Just IMO.

I hope it was not RL, but he does appear to be in reasonably good health for an habitual drinker.

I have to admit I have not felt sympathetic towards RL for all of the DUI's he has had. Please no one offer sympathy to me but my only son was killed on Thanksgiving day by a drunk driver who was drunk by noon and had a couple of DUI's in his past. My son was a junior in college and we were waiting Thanksgiving dinner on him. That was in 1999. How much anyone drinks in the privacy of their own home is none of my business but when it kills your only son, it becomes your business when they are on our streets and highways.

Sorry for the long post. I just finally had to post. I normally lurk because someone has inevitably said exactly what I would have said by the time I finally catch up.

Thanks, and please no condolences on the loss of my son because that is not why I posted it.

MOO

Thank you for delurking and for your very insightful post.

Here's my current working theory on how we got to today: RL's alibi suddenly doesn't look so solid, so they get him on a minor probation violation (maybe even on obstruction for giving a false alibi) that allows them to hold him for 15 days. In a WTHR interview from RL's property today, Sgt. Kim Riley again used the "untrue alibi" type line when asked why they were there, so that seems to be about RL.

While in custody, RL said something--either inadvertently or in attempt to explain why he wasn't truthful before--that gave them PC to search his property. The WIBC story I posted in the last thread made clear it was the Carroll County Sheriff's office who uncovered the new development--not ISP or FBI, so it would seem the PC wasn't the result of analysis of existing evidence like DNA, fibers, etc. In fact, IMO, it is their hope is to get more of that type of evidence with this search, rather than them looking to find matches to what they already have.

This seems to be backed up by the fact that RL didn't seem to clam up with LE until very recently. While we can't know for sure, IMO, it was just in the last day or so. Reporters have been asking LE about RL since he was arrested, but it was only today that the lawyer put out a statement that said he didn't do it. And while that is certainly because they searched his property, I can't imagine the lawyer wouldn't have wanted to clear it up with press as soon as he was arrested and questions were being asked--unless something was said in last few days by RL that led to the warrant, and RL becoming uncooperative.

Now, you real experts can poke holes in my theory.

Talk about a violation of civil rights, what country was that? Just asking because I wouldn't go there. jmo
O/T: Italy. Somewhat similarly though, I was visiting a friend in the Atlanta area about 7 years ago and on the way home after a night out we went through a road block/ check point. I was shocked and she said it was typical on weekend nights to catch drunk drivers. (We were in a cab, so no worries there, but I was surprised that was legal).

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

No idea to what extent he is associated with this crime beyond it happening on his property (though it's plausible enough that could have an association with the killer). But I honestly don't see or hear anything in his voice, in his emotional tenor, or perceived lack thereof, or in his use of the word "pristine" that points to him.

We don't have all the pieces and this could go in any number of directions. JMO

No foul play was suspected on the 13th, and the search was called off due to darkness.

This fact will always haunt me when pondering these murders. If my child is not contacting me and her phone has stopped pinging, there is something woefully wrong. I can't even imagine why LE determined there would be no foul play involved.
:cow: Roadblocks should have been established immediately.
I've wondered this over and over, and it breaks my heart.

Could it be that LE jumped to conclusions and maybe considered them as runaways? If so, that may be one of the reasons why officers were so shaken at the press conference.

There was a case of a teen girl reported as missing when the aunt went on social media several times saying that the girl was not missing. She was in contact with her mother and was, I think, having an argument with her mom.

My point is perhaps the police see lots of situations like that and they may have assumed on that first night that Abby and Libby were one of them.

Emily Longnecker‏ @EmilyWTHR 6h6 hours ago
More
Logan in jail 4 probation violation 4 2014 OWI He wasn't supposed to drink & had suspended license. Police say he violated probation terms

MOO

WG

I think Liberty was murdered first she weighed 200 lbs so would of put up much more of a struggle...

But I think after that Abby would of been in shock...but I am sure not compliant...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still don't think RL is a killer, but has anyone else been considering the possibility that RL & BG are old acquaintances, possibly even partners in crime from decades ago, and BG has returned to Delphi to visit RL (possibly even showed up unannounced)? Wonder if BG has some information about RL which compels RL to stay silent lest he be implicated in previous crimes when BG is caught.

For example maybe BG showed up unannounced, said he was just passing through town and wanted to visit his old friend. RL is uneasy but has little choice but to agree. Leaves for Lafayette and upon returning discovers two local girls had gone missing. Knows who is responsible, but also knows if the individual is caught, RL will be implicated in not only this murder (it was on his property) but any past crimes as well.

No evidence for any of this, but I've been thinking about this type of scenario a lot.
Possibly BG has a white truck also but he has left the area. If so RL knows who he is and what he is capable of and is afraid he will come back.

I've wondered this over and over, and it breaks my heart.

Could it be that LE jumped to conclusions and maybe considered them as runaways? If so, that may be one of the reasons why officers were so shaken at the press conference.

There was a case of a teen girl reported as missing when the aunt went on social media several times saying that the girl was not missing. She was in contact with her mother and was, I think, having an argument with her mom.

My point is perhaps the police see lots of situations like that and they may have assumed on that first night that Abby and Libby were one of them.

I have a hard time with that, too, but I know that police deal with so many teenagers who go "missing" voluntarily due to family issues, school problems, etc., so it's understandable that they only look into cases where there are definite signs of foul play. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I can see how they may have heard that two teenage girls didn't show up somewhere on time and assumed that they were voluntarily avoiding going home for some reason.

If RL was the killer, why would he intentionally leave the girls on his property? This also has me very confused, I keep jumping back and forth on whether he was apart of this whole thing or not. I feel bad for him, as he is elderly, but then I remember people like Albert Fish, and second guess myseld. [emoji19] If he is innocent, then I hope he is cleared quickly, however if he WAS involved then may justice strike swiftly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Many killers leave bodies or bury bodies on their own property. Gacy, Dahmer, and recently, Todd Kohlhepp, are just a few.

It did seem a little odd, but his unspoken context seemed to be that he expected to find it bloody and torn up, but it didn't show any signs of the violence. So I can see using pristine to describe it. But the whole comment seemed odd.

The tone of many of his comments always seemed a little off to me, though not in a way that made me think he was the killer. He sounds shocked, betrayed, maybe even a little angry. Whatever is going through his head, he's thinking some things that he's not saying.

aren't we all...
:lipssealed::thinking::dunno::whistle::ziplip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members