IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways, I wish a DNA match in a sex crime and/or murder like this meant no trial necessary. (Obviously not realistic or desirable...just a small wish to spare survivors more pain. Though I do think some need the chance to speak and see the perp sentenced.)

Agree that I think the perp was surprised at how fast others started showing up looking for the girls. I think the perp left in haste which could explain why the cell phone was left.

The perp may have still been in the process of staging the scene and maybe heard voices and maybe ran off. Voices will carry real nicely over water. The perp may have thought the search people calling for the girls around the bridge area he may have thought they were closing in on his spot even if they really were not heading his way. He may have just thought that as the voices carried over the water.

They used drones, dogs, and ATV's that first night.. Delphi reacted quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they were reported missing the night before the bodies were found and with RL's property being so close....wouldn't you think his property would have been searched that night or at the very least LE would have gone to his door to ask if he had seen or heard anything?

I agree. Although I understand today was his house. But they had 5 weeks to search the vast amount of property and barns. Can we say slow much? Apologies if that sounds crass, but they had *weeks* to search so much excluding the house.

I've wondered if the killer compelled her to record it after she took the initial video. I wonder if, as in previously hypothesised scenarios, the girls snapped pics for whatever reason and that set him off, so he made them record whatever heinous things transpired next. Maybe the twist is not that the video exists at all but the circumstances around why it exists.

Thought about this too. It seems like an unlikely trigger though. I suppose it's possible BG is a wanted criminal and creeped the girls out (possibly during stalking them specifically), noticed them take his photo, and thought he was going to be reported and caught. Could explain why LE is confused because there'd be an apparent lack of motive. If he was wanted, he'd probably be on the run frequently which could tie in with the vagrant/drifter theories.

Another scenario I considered is that the girls weren't specifically targeted as individuals, but that the killer(s) wanted witnesses to the murder, and those witnesses would include the entire world once the recording leaked. Having two victims already leads me to profile them as someone with that type of modus operandi.

Re: the "twist", I don't believe the twist is the existence of the recording. That's just an extraordinary piece of evidence. Most of the "twist" theories wouldn't be referred to as such by an investigator. I feel like it has to be something like the appearance of 2+ killer(s) on the scene, or that the victims were planning to meet the killer.

Does anyone know if there's media footage of RL returning to his property on the afternoon/evening the girls went missing?

Whew lort! Been trying to catch up with no success. I get the big picture of RL and search warrant. I have no thoughts here. But I'm following. Sleuth away my friends!

I would have to say I have seen other men look more like the suspect than P.O but there are similarities. Camera angles ,day to day fluid retention levels ...so hard to say. You definitely could not pin it in him from looking at the image though.

Funny he changed his "look"? Where's his hat , gloves, hoodie?

I do see resemblance between POI aka BG and the PO aka RL, and I do see the thinner face of the PO/RL:

attachment.php

And I do remember, how fuller the PO/RL's face looked weeks ago..

attachment.php

Do I think it's the same guy? Heck no..because it really messes up my poi list..;--)

-Nin

RL's face is very ruddy while BG is white as ghost. I still think the face does not look alike. But BG's voice and face don't line up. His face is way younger than his voice. Odd!

I would have to say I have seen other men look more like the suspect than P.O but there are similarities. Camera angles ,day to day fluid retention levels ...so hard to say. You definitely could not pin it in him from looking at the image though.

Also people tend to be puffier after drinking.

Have been trying to catch up on this latest news, but I'm confused about something. LE stated early on the BG had brown hair, that he was not wearing a hoodie in that photo. How would RL manage to make his white hair look brown in that photo? Are you proposing that he was wearing a wig?

JMO, but I'm not seeing a resemblance.

I agree. Although I understand today was his house. But they had 5 weeks to search the vast amount of property and barns. Can we say slow much? Apologies if that sounds crass, but they had *weeks* to search so much excluding the house.
They did search the land.

"Officials searched every inch of Logan’s 40 acres and the woods behind the nearby Morning Heights Cemetery which is just across the stream from the Monon High Bridge, the last spot the girls were seen."
https://www.fox59.com/2017/02/16/de...-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/amp/

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

MOO

If RL was BG I truly think he would have been arrested for murder weeks ago.

Can someone help me out on the pinging timeline issue? To have that information, you need a warrant, and this was relatively early into the case, wasn't it? Plus how would a family member have ping info?

This has never made sense to me.
I dont know who their provider is, but with tmobile you can track a family member, and the "pings" ARE off. My mom will ping in one tower and my sister in another, but they are in the same house. So it depends on what tower you are closer to?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

There is something about this search that sticks in my craw. And not just because I have my doubts as to RL's involvement.

Today I read " About a dozen search warrants have been served in the case, Slocum said."
http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search-underway-of-home-property-of-man-where-delphi-teens-were-found/

AFAIK only 2 were publicized and LE made it clear that no one was suspected of involvement.

But this one is very high profile. News crews not only showing up but interviewing a couple of LE. To the point that Sgt Slocum says plainly to Alexis M that " It IS connected to the double homicide". among other things that make this somewhat of a dog and pony show, IMO
https://www.facebook.com/Fox59News/videos/vb.149126144574/10155233713184575/?type=2&theater

It's almost as if... they want to shake something loose.... Or someone.

The BEST thing that can happen in this case is that BG turns himself in, pleads guilty and saves the families the dreadful heartbreak of a trial and all the heart-rending details of these children's sufferings.

Would someone let RL take the fall? Did he come across someone he didn't know and allow him to do some work there for instance? Or someone he does know but wasn't aware they used him/ his property for this crime.

Don't know. Turn it upside down and see what falls out.

MOO

FWIW, I have suspected since RL was arrested that LE wanted to put him under pressure, not because he was personally involved in the murders but that he knew more than he said about the murders.

“At this time just because we’re serving a search warrant and he’s in jail, I don’t want people to make that connection that he’s under arrest for double homicide because he’s not at this time,” said Sgt. Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police.

“I don’t believe it was just one piece of evidence I think the totality of evidence led to probable cause where a judge was able to issue a search warrant and that’s a normal course of business,” said Sgt. Slocum. “It’s not the first time we served a search warrant in this case.”

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/

To me when RL "spiffed" up his look he's still wearing heavy jeans. Where I'm originally from in Illinois, many of the farmers had work clothes and non work clothes. He matches up to what I've seen and know.

I wonder if they actually had the property under surveillance all this time but didn't make it public. There's a lot of places they would have been able to hide a camera.

If they were reported missing the night before the bodies were found and with RL's property being so close....wouldn't you think his property would have been searched that night or at the very least LE would have gone to his door to ask if he had seen or heard anything?
They went to his door around 6:30 pm, when he says he returned from town. He gave permission to search his property at that time but it is unknown if the location the girls were found was actually searched that night.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

While investigators continue to find the person responsible, the support continues for the families of Abby and Libby. Bridget Stevens is organizing a car wash next month to raise money in their memory.

“I coached Liberty from 2014 to 2015,” said Bridget Stevens, Delphi resident. “She’s a good kid, she’s a good ball player. She likes to play, she likes to play any position.”

Stevens said the money raised will go to the Delphi Girls Rec Softball. While they prepare for the car wash next month, Stevens said she’s hopeful police will make an arrest.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/

I assume they are now searching for something *specific* - perhaps something that has just been brought to light in their investigation that they may not have known to be looking for before.

Totally off the wall theory - but given that they said they may be there all night I did wonder...if they are looking for more bodies/remains? Like..serial killer stuff... far fetched but it did come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay