IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a map of the areas that law enforcement had taped off at the beginning of the investigation? Some of them were pretty obvious from videos but others were kind of hard to place within the landscape.

This one look at his green jacket it blue on the other side it's reversible

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authorities-serve-search-warrant-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/

I think what we are seeing is a green jacket over a blue sweatshirt hoodie over a olive green or chamo t-shirt? That is what I am seeing anyway.

attachment.php

Attachments

• RL jacket.png
    RL jacket.png
    538.3 KB · Views: 534
I hope we hear some updates soon and are getting closer to justice. I feel like I keep spinning my wheels so I have been going back to some of the videos.

On 3rd listen to the one w/ the friend?neighbor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yNdRfD23p0&feature=youtu.be

At 1:02 The guy being interviewed says:

“That’s why we come back (inaudible but I think he says "here"). I wanna show you what it looks like. You couldn’t carry someone up and down these hills. Er. It’s hard to walk by yourself.”

I thought the up and down these hills part was curious language since I wouldn't immediately have thought anyone took a person up AND down the hill or that they were moved. But then again maybe this was in reference to the crime scene looking "pristine" as had been mentioned and relates to his own theory.

FWIW: I don't think either RL or the friend look like the BG pic and I don't hear a resemblance in the friend's voice to the audio clip.

RL's alibi is that he was in Lafayette buying tropical fish.

"He told Inside Edition that he has an alibi, saying he was buying tropical fish at the time of the murders.

I was not home during the time all this was happening, I was in Lafayette and I didn't get home until 6:30 in the evening and the neighbors stopped and asked permission to look back here for the girls,” he said."

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

Earlier, a poster mapped the route from RL's house to the fish store in Lafayette showing it's a hour round trip. Add in 15 minutes for the purchase and you have a total of 75 minutes. RL arrived home at 6:30 so it's possible he could have left his home at 5:15 pm, about the time the search began.

I'm curious what the rest of his alibi is. What was he doing all afternoon. And of course did his fish alibi pan out. A big IF, (he's not been charged) did he have opportunity to dispose of any evidence along his drive to Lafayette?

I'm not accusing him at all, only considering all possibilities.

Good point Is there a public refuse waste disposal centre nearby for people to take household rubbish near this route?

I'm going back and mentally replaying the new information from the past 24 hours and I'm getting hung up on the post where LE said RL was moved to Clinton County jail "for his safety".

I do not think for an instant that he needs protection from LE in Carroll county.

He doesn't need protection from the public - he's in jail.

So it seems obvious he needs protection from other inmates.

But he's in on a probation violation related to drinking and driving as far as we understand it. Other inmates aren't gonna give him a hard time about that.

What kind of charges could possibly be upcoming that LE is troubleshooting ahead of time by moving him to a different county altogether for his own safety?

What kinds of charges do inmates go after one another for?

:thinking:

I'm not being a smartypants, I'm just thinking that there must be more than one kind. right?

(EDITED TO ADD - YES there is, just thought of another one!.. we all know that crimes against children will do it but there IS another one - "narcing" = ratting people out. can we think of more?)

also I can't find that quote to include the link, maybe it was on twitter.. anyone have that handy? thanks!
-------------
ETA - here it is -

Originally Posted by Sisyphus:

The Lafayette newspaper updated their story for the print edition today (or I missed it last night) to note that RL has been moved to another jail for his safety (BBM):

"Police arrested him Saturday on a probation violation warrant stemming from a drunk driving conviction. There is a 15-day probation violation hold on his release, and he remains incarcerated, Riley and Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said earlier this week. Leazenby said he was moved from the Carroll County Jail, where he was originally being held, to an undisclosed jail for his safety."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

Just a thought on RL. In a small town wouldn't the person who saw BG recognize if it was RL? I guess it would depend upon the distance. I figured that's why they were looking across the country. I believe BG used RL's property, hence the SW.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...g-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/amp/

I hope this isn't against the rules. It looks like Cheyenne from above isn't local to Delphi so I'm guessing she wouldn't recognize anyone.

I'm going back and mentally replaying the new information from the past 24 hours and I'm getting hung up on the post where LE said RL was moved to Clinton County jail "for his protection".

I do not think for an instant that he needs protection from LE in Carroll county.

But he's in on a probation violation related to drinking and driving as far as we understand it. Other inmates aren't gonna give him a hard time about that.

What kind of charges could possibly be upcoming that LE is troubleshooting ahead of time by moving him to a different county altogether for his own protection?

I'm not being a smartypants, I'm just thinking that there must be more than one kind. right?

also I can't find that quote to include the link, maybe it was on twitter.. anyone have that handy? thanks!

It is possible he is suicidal. IMO, which could explain those words.

Florida has a great Sunshine law where everything is pretty much public record. With his name /location and Dob it's all there

A dozen pages ago Deltona was brought up from a obit. So searched around for RL and Deltona and did find some stuff regarding him. Nothing major, mostly seems the ties is family related

Just a thought on RL. In a small town wouldn't the person who saw BG recognize if it was RL? I guess it would depend upon the distance. I figured that's why they were looking across the country. I believe BG used RL's property, hence the SW.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...g-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/amp/

BBM

Was there some proof that the woman saw BG? I never heard anything to indicate that...

It is possible he is suicidal. IMO, which could explain those words.

he is in a controlled environment they will try to interrogate him until he breaks but i don't know because he has armed himself with an attorney now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no bail for a probation violation. At least not in the states of Indiana or New York, I know that much. You wait until the judge sentences you, and many times the judge chooses to sentence you to do the original jail time that he DIDN"T make you do the first time, when he instead let you have the privilege of probation. Many judges get pretty peeved if you violate on a privilege/opportunity like that and just put you in jail to serve the original time. Some will let you back out with another chance and extended probation time.

Great points GGE.

I'd also like to add, it does not matter what you are on probabtion for. When you violate, it comes (in most states) with a mandatory hold of up to 21 days. After which a judge may hear both sides and determine if you are put on probation again or serve jail time, determined by your original charges. Yes, even for an OUI/DUI/DWI VOP charge. MOO

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

I'm going back and mentally replaying the new information from the past 24 hours and I'm getting hung up on the post where LE said RL was moved to Clinton County jail "for his safety".

What kind of charges could possibly be upcoming that LE is troubleshooting ahead of time by moving him to a different county altogether for his own safety?

(EDITED TO ADD - YES there is, just thought of another one!.. we all know that crimes against children will do it but there IS another one - "narcing" = ratting people out. can we think of more?)

-------------
ETA - here it is -

Originally Posted by Sisyphus:

The Lafayette newspaper updated their story for the print edition today (or I missed it last night) to note that RL has been moved to another jail for his safety (BBM):

"Police arrested him Saturday on a probation violation warrant stemming from a drunk driving conviction. There is a 15-day probation violation hold on his release, and he remains incarcerated, Riley and Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said earlier this week. Leazenby said he was moved from the Carroll County Jail, where he was originally being held, to an undisclosed jail for his safety."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

I think it has to do with the fact that there are a lot of new inmates in that jail who got arrested on other warrants in the course of this investigation. If they think RL is involved with the murder, I'm sure they blame him for the fact they are suddenly in jail (that is, they probably wouldn't have got arrested so quickly if it weren't for this investigation). That has to play a big part in his safety.

I've been struggling with this since yesterday when I looked at pics side by side. I did not want to see it. But here goes. IMO, there is a close match here. And it's the way he "carries" himself as much as anything else.

GGE, thank you for going to the trouble of asking your friend to produce the side by side comparison. The comparison makes it easy to compare similarities and differences. The similarity that you've highlighted, in the positioning of their arms, may be rooted in anatomical features (a slightly shorter left arm or a right leg that is longer than the left, causing a lean to the left side) leading to a postural habit. That could be an anatomical feature and acquired postural habit that some family members share.

I see more anatomical differences than similarities, and they are visual clues that the suspect and RL are not the same person. The suspect has a narrower skeletal frame than does RL. His pelvis is narrower (look at the angle of his left knee in the first photo compared to the angle of RL's left knee), and his chest is not as broad. RL, in addition to having a wider pelvis and chest than the suspect, has a longer torso relative to his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!