IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often hear people use the word "rape" in the same way as RL did. I know people who are seriously into environmental issues and I can't count how many times I've heard them say "so-n-so" has "raped" or wants to "rape" some land somewhere. Personally, I'm not fond of hearing it used that way, but they don't think anything of it and I know they don't intentionally mean to be offensive using it like that.

jmo

Thank you for saying this. It's been on my mind but I couldn't find a way to articulate it. I've assisted quite a few women who have been raped over the years. Not as a counselor but as a support person (driving them to and from court, therapy appointments, etc.). Although I'm not trained as a counselor, they do often tell me things. By and large the vast majority of the rape victims I've come in contact with make two things very clear:

1) they do not mind being called 'rape survivors' versus the more ambiguous 'sexual assault survivor'. Apparently, sexual assault encompasses a number of acts, whereas, rape refers to forced (or coerced) intercourse. They don't want to he sanitized version.

2) survivors of rape are often highly sensitive to - and offended by - the appropriation of the term 'rape' to refer to non-forced, non-sexual events. Not saying all are, but the few dozen I know have expressed this.

For example, the decimation of woodlands is horrible and tragic, but does it equate with the violent, inhumane, criminal treatment of another human being? I'm probably not explaining this well, so feel free to scroll and roll.

I cringed when I heard a young woman use the term "it's like he was raping me with his eyes" referring to a guy leering at her. Terribly uncomfortable no doubt, but rising to the level of a violent assault against one's physical being?

My home was broken into and my belongings strewn all over. I felt horribly violated. But not raped. Color me over-sensitive.

Stepping off my soapbox.

what does LE mean by no "immediate" danger. I never thought about it until now.

I can see in a very small community them not being overly excited that the girls were late, but after they're found obviously murdered? With those farms all around & barns, isolated houses, a murderer or murderers could've held someone hostage or been on a killing spree so why the "no immediate danger" comment from LE?

Im not a local. I live an hour and a half away. I am simply looking at the evidence presented and using FBI and university research to develop a profile.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

An hour and a half away still seems local to someone as far away as I am lol. Good research though!

Thank you for saying so beautifully what I have been so inelegantly stewing on for some time.

ETA: for the casual observer, Elle*Bee and I are two different members......but both from LA and both FABULOUS! (Well, SHE is). I am not quoting myself. Lol.

Thank you for saying this. It's been on my mind but I couldn't find a way to articulate it. I've assisted quite a few women who have been raped over the years. Not as a counselor but as a support person (driving them to and from court, therapy appointments, etc.). Although I'm not trained as a counselor, they do often tell me things. By and large the vast majority of the rape victims I've come in contact with make two things very clear:

1) they do not mind being called 'rape survivors' versus the more ambiguous 'sexual assault survivor'. Apparently, sexual assault encompasses a number of acts, whereas, rape refers to forced (or coerced) intercourse. They don't want to he sanitized version.

2) survivors of rape are often highly sensitive to - and offended by - the appropriation of the term 'rape' to refer to non-forced, non-sexual events. Not saying all are, but the few dozen I know have expressed this.

For example, the decimation of woodlands is horrible and tragic, but does it equate with the violent, inhumane, criminal treatment of another human being? I'm probably not explaining this well, so feel free to scroll and roll.

I cringed when I heard a young woman use the term "it's like he was raping me with his eyes" referring to a guy leering at her. Terribly uncomfortable no doubt, but rising to the level of a violent assault against one's physical being.

My home was broken into and my belongings strewn all over. I felt horribly violated. But not raped. Color me over-sensitive.

Stepping off my soapbox.

Well I tried to give it up, but my head is stuck on this pickup. I have worn out my eyeballs trying to figure out what model year this F250 is. It is just striking me as extremely odd, for RL to have this particular vehicle, especially if it's a late-model, when his license is suspended. I can't bring myself to believe it's his. Can anybody help me out, here? Or tell me to do some laundry and get ready for work tomorrow, please...
My first thought when I saw it was, boy, that's an expensive truck for someone who couldn't drive it for two years and had his license suspended.

Actually the pristine comment was made by the reporter and he repeated it back.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Although the CNN transcript shows that, I believe that is a typo. They show the question as being asked by RL and the answer being given by the Casarez. Since RL is being interviewed by phone, I don't think Casarez actually was at the property at all, so couldn't have answered the question about what the site looked like. I'm not sure if the clip is available online? I seem to remember having actually seen and heard RL saying this, but I'd like to find it, to verify.

JMO

Although the CNN transcript shows that, I believe that is a typo. They show the question as being asked by RL and the answer being given by the Casarez. Since RL is being interviewed by phone, I don't think Casarez actually was at the property at all, so couldn't have answered the question about what the site looked like. I'm not sure if the clip is available online? I seem to remember having actually seen and heard RL saying this, but I'd like to find it, to verify.

JMO

RL definitely used the word "pristine" to describe the site where the bodies were discovered. From the very first second I heard that, I thought: "what an odd comment from this person." I wondered, does that mean no blood? No evidence? Wiped clean? Out in the woods...it was hard to imagine a "pristine" murder site for two young women. Before OR after discovery and police involvement. One minute the location is described as "pristine"...then he uses the word "raped" to describe his property. Hmmm...

I find the use of the word rape very insensitive ..especially if any violation of that nature occurred to these girls. RL possibly knows more in relation to that (from being a local ) and maybe this did not occur.
The man seems very very protective and caring of his land and property and the word is possibly the strongest he could conjur up at the time to describe how violated he felt.
Bad choice considering but it may not be unusual for him to use this terminology

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Did the FBI show up when Elizabeth and Lyric's little bodies were discovered?

I am not sure but wanted to jump off this post to mention that IMO I think its possible that one SK could have murdered three sets of kids now.

I just added a post #22 in the Colorado thread link below of why I am thinking it could be related. Has to do with the perp maybe mistaking them for both being girls. There is also confusion in some news articles of whether they were found dumped out on the road or not.

The bottom line for me is I cannot rule out a SK in this Indiana case or the Iowa case or the Colorado case yet.

IMO we could have a real sick SK that needs to kill two kids at a time.

I added Post 22 on

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-16-slain-El-Paso-County-12-March-2017/page2

“Additional information was provided to us as it related to Mr. Logan’s property,” Sheriff Leazenby said. (Snip)

“There is the assumption, or people speculate, that the search warrant will lead to an arrest. A search warrant is obtained. It is an investigative tool to help further the investigation,” Sheriff Leazenby explained.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/gray-coll...ajor-police-raid-in-the-snapchat-killer-case/

Just to remind everyone a tip, or tips, may have been called in to cause the search at RL's property Friday. Maybe, IMO, he recalled something after being arrested. It is coincidental, but it is the property itself being investigated at this point, not RL.

This. "It is the property being searched. Not RL."
Good article.
Another point made is probably partly opinion, but the wording I have not seen before in a media piece. "Major breakthroughs...due to the girls’ incredible resourcefulness after being taken. Before their murder, they managed to capture both pictures and audio of their soon-to-be killer."

LE never said "stuff of nightmares", i believe that was said by a reporter...probably to grab the attention of the listener or reader.

Maybe.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-indiana-murder-mystery-as-reward-reaches-50g

"We hear that muffled: 'down the hill, down the hill' — Why was it muffled?" Grace told ABC News. "Because I think she put it in her pocket. Now they are only releasing a portion of it, why? It could be an attack on the girls. It could even be their murders that they are not releasing to spare the families. But there's more proof on that video!"

A source familiar with the investigation described the full cell phone recording as "the stuff of nightmares."

Thank you for saying so beautifully what I have been so inelegantly stewing on for some time.

ETA: for the casual observer, Elle*Bee and I are two different members......but both from LA and both FABULOUS! (Well, SHE is). I am not quoting myself. Lol.

Thanks for the kind words! I cannot tell you how many times I've gotten ready to 'thank' a post, saw your name and thought, hmmmm.... I don't remember thanking this before only to look closer and realized it was YOU. Lol.

i personally do not think RL is a drunk. He doesn't look like one. I think he has likely had some drinking problems that led to his DUIs. I know several people with multiple DUIs and they are not "drunks" they had months or years of sobriety and when they went "off the wagon" for no better term they did stupid things like thinking they could get in their car and drive. I think RL is likely sober the majority of the time, and when he dabbles in it he does stupid things.

Do you have inside knowledge, a link or is this your theory or opinion?

No inside knowledge.

Based on many cases.

I studied predators for a time (animals).

The guy in the photo looks like a predator pursuing his prey.
Bears bluff charge, some hit, neutralize you and leave. The bear looking to eat you is quiet, keeps its head down, and persistently presses closer.

The BG guy was there to get those girls. They sensed something was wrong,too.

Horrible.

“Additional information was provided to us as it related to Mr. Logan’s property,” Sheriff Leazenby said. (Snip)

“There is the assumption, or people speculate, that the search warrant will lead to an arrest. A search warrant is obtained. It is an investigative tool to help further the investigation,” Sheriff Leazenby explained.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/gray-coll...ajor-police-raid-in-the-snapchat-killer-case/

Just to remind everyone a tip, or tips, may have been called in to cause the search at RL's property Friday. Maybe, IMO, he recalled something after being arrested. It is coincidental, but it is the property itself being investigated at this point, not RL.

I agree with this 1000%! (Granted, this report is from Thoughtcatalog and I know nothing about this website as a reporting entity. However, they do use quotation marks around LE's statements. Are they pulling these quotes from other MSM story? Not sure.)

But if you believe the quotes are accurate, it appears LE are searching for items specified in tips they received about RL's property. That's it. Period. There is nothing to link those as items that are owned by RL.

I think it's a wait and see thing. I'm not sure how the speculation has gotten to RL is somehow guilty simply because of a search warrant. JMOO

I think this says alot doesn't? There must be a cost involved in having these up?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
To me it means that R.L. isn't BG he just has really unfortunate timing. IMO they wouldn't have put up 6000 billboards across America if they thought BG never left town. MOO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

It seems to me that if a message was being sent, the family would report the sender. Vendettas never happen in a vacuum.

Maybe they have reported who would want revenge. We know so little of the persons of interest. A post earlier was quite poignant at this time in the case. To paraphrase, be careful of watching what they are doing with one hand too closely and miss what they are doing with the other.

Actually that is exactly what Apples and I are posting,

Where I'm currently living, when forest is clear-cut, folks say "they raped it."
"They" meaning timber companies, "it" meaning the land. :dunno:

And, now that I'm thinking about it, the word "pristine" is used all the time to describe forests, natural areas, tracts of land, etc. I've spent time in social circles, (frankly environmentally-conscious types, etc.), where is a real mentality that the land/environment/nature is a living being unto itself. I'm not trying to get on a soapbox or be political here, I am just trying to explain that there are groups in society that think of Nature this way. So "pristine, virgin, untouched" are words that are not uncommon when describing the status or history of a piece of land. And it then follows that land that has been treated wrongly, is described as "rape." Not trying to over- or under-think it. There are those of us that are of the mindset that the environment is as of as much value as a human's life, and vice versa. So the language transfers. And in these same communities there are women's shelters, and incest prevention groups, etc. Awareness of issues. If anything, I've seen that people recognize Respect as Respect, to humans, animals, or Nature. We are all one of a whole, and learning to respect one link in the chain helps us learn to respect them all.

Apologies if I have offended anyone, or any of you feel disrespected. Just trying to explain a world I know, prob not doing it very well.

I just spent waaaay too much time looking for a smiley sticking its foot in its mouth. I thought I saw one earlier. Now I just feel like a crazy person.

Sleepy now. :eek:fftobed:

<modsnip>

It seems ODD too that people were in Delphi today and no sign of any LE Isn't there a 24 hour a day command center set up by FBI to be working the case?
what people were in Delphi today? And there were no sign of LE at the command center?

To me it means that R.L. isn't BG he just has really unfortunate timing. IMO they wouldn't have put up 6000 billboards across America if they thought BG never left town. MOO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Yeah i think we all have a feeling BG isnt RL.

Im still not 100% BG is the killer as police were so unsure even after having video and being unsure of a second killer and if he was a POI.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member