IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Additional information was provided to us as it related to Mr. Logan’s property,” Sheriff Leazenby said. (Snip)

“There is the assumption, or people speculate, that the search warrant will lead to an arrest. A search warrant is obtained. It is an investigative tool to help further the investigation,” Sheriff Leazenby explained.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/gray-coll...ajor-police-raid-in-the-snapchat-killer-case/

Just to remind everyone a tip, or tips, may have been called in to cause the search at RL's property Friday. Maybe, IMO, he recalled something after being arrested. It is coincidental, but it is the property itself being investigated at this point, not RL.

is my memory that the first day they found some rubber mud boots or something. Am i right? If so, what happened with them? Have they ever been mentioned again?

It seems to me that if a message was being sent, the family would report the sender. Vendettas never happen in a vacuum.

If someone was monitoring and following one of the families, they may not even know.

Thank you for doing this and giving your own perspective of the area and crime. It can't have been easy for you the bridge is treacherous enough without knowing the horrific tragedy that occurred close by.
I can say it was eerie. Also I saw zero le anywhere in town or elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've been following this thread all day. I tried to comment earlier but was deleted for baiting. I apologize for that, it was not my intention. I was actually trying to imply we should not talk about something. I'm glad moderators are on top of us today. I know its important to follow the rules so the families feel safe to read our thoughts. Onto a new thought............

Is it possible that LE said the girls were not in immediate danger as a strategy? For example, if they WERE actually concerned for their safety and suspected someone in particular, would they downplay it to the media in hopes that the killer would let them go? Maybe this is a dumb suggestion--I'm just curious if anyone has thoughts on this? IMO JMO MOO

If they had kept the official search going, then maybe I could entertain that thought. But if they really thought the kids were in danger, they wouldn't just play mind games with the abductor and sit in their hands and not search. At least, I would hope not!

is my memory that the first day they found some rubber mud boots or something. Am i right? If so, what happened with them? Have they ever been mentioned again?

I think there was a pair taken from the packing plant.?.? IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to my earlier post...it takes some guts to cross that bridge. Some areas are rotted and some sections missing all together. Based on the limited info put out by le and seeing the area first hand i feel like this is what most likely happened. BG was in a vehicle parked at the trail head. Girls were dropped off and he saw them. They headed up the trail. He knows the area well enough so he drives up the road to the cemetery. He parks his vehicle in the back right corner of the cemetery and walks along the ravine down to the trail and waits for the girls to walk by. They might have seen him but continued on to the bridge. They walked across almost to the other side and were sitting on the last platform that sticks out. They see bg coming and get nervous so libby starts recording thinking that maybe he will say or do something rude but never suspected what was about to happen. He approaches them and pulls his gun. Orders them to the end of the bridge. They start to walk around the red barricade but he instructs them to go down the hill. I think he was worried or maybe knew other hikers were nearby. He forced them down the hill and across the river. He might have attempted to get them back to his car but libby saw an opportunity and resisted or he realized he couldnt get them to his car. He murdered them and went back to his car at the cemetery and drove away. I do not believe RL has anything to do with this. I do feel lime it is someone who lives with 20 or so miles of delphi and is very familiar with the trail. My feeling is he is 38 to 42. He has a job but not many friends. I do not believe this is his first attack/murder. He will have most like been accused of rape or pedo in the past most likely during his teen years. He is most likely a highschool graduate but no college. He is shocked to see his picture so he has most likely altered his appearance but the only people to notice will be coworkers and any family he has contact with. It will take one of those people to put 2 and 2 together to suspect him and call in a tip. I will calculate his height but im not sure how much that will help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you for your observations.

Did you happen to see the Delphi U-Store on 300N? It is a self storage facility and I have been wondering if the may have been there or parked there. It is close to one of the drop off points for the trails.

Another question. You have narrowed the age range to 38-42 years. From looking at the video stills of the I myself have narrowed it to about 25-50 years. How did you come up with your age range?

I'm not seeing as being the suspect, i don't see him as an alcoholic. I am on the fence as to why the search warrant on his home & property. I am at a loss at this time as to what LE has as far as evidence other then image/audio. I fell like that because of lack of evidence that LE may be grasping at straws. I could be wrong. Jmo

Sure hope this case gets solved - such heartbreaking tragedy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The most powerful word to convey how he felt might have been more about the loss of those children than how he felt effected by the fact that his property in the woods was the crime site. IMOO

He did speak to the loss of the children. Involved or not involved, I honestly don't see anything particularly 'diagnostic' in these interviews. They are snapshots and snippets of someone we don't know who is responding to an utterly abnormal event. I don't feel I know anything about RL and his potential or lack of it to kill two kids, based on the limited info we've been given.

Well, again it is very late for me so I am off to bed. I did not join in the conversation tonight (day for some of you!) as I need a break.

I just want to say, IMO only:

I don't know about RL's guilt or innocence but when deciphering his comments, I try to remember that he is privy to a lot of information because of the fact that the girls were found on his land and the subsequent searches thereafter. He will have been told a lot, whether officials told him or other LE entities or volunteers. He is going to say a lot of things that make it sound like something only the killer would know. I look at his comments as a clue to what he may know what happened, not what he did.

He has 40 acres, he does not "work" 40 acres. That distinction is important. If you look at an aerial shot you can see how much of the property is actually "worked." Sorry to say but 40 acres is not a lot of land. That does not mean he hasn't had help, lodgers, etc., on his property from time to time.

I find all these theories of RL being angry with the girls for trespassing, so he killed them, disturbing, with no sources to back the claim up. Some have not even tried to give the courtesy "IMO" or "MOO" or "WHAT IF" when putting that theory forward. What happened to the scenario of the well-planned, carefully crafted, serial killer type guy that was BG just a few days ago?

So, now we are to change our stance and go with RL conked them over the head and, what, "carried" them "down the hill?" If this last scenario turns out to be true then LE has a lot of explaining to do for putting those psycho serial killer imaginings in our heads. Drama to the max then. I know, I know, covering all the bases...

About the truck, I have only seen that truck parked near the "silo" across from RL's land. Do we know that it is his truck? Why does RL park it over there?

Another poster (sorry do not remember who) pointed out to me that when they watched the news footage of the search that there seems to be some building that looked to be a cottage of some sort on RL's property. I do not know that that is true but possible and would mean that someone else is possibly there and could be of interest. Somebody might take up that banner and check property records? It cannot be me, must. get. sleep.

I said I needed a break and this post probably proves that. Please don't be offended by anything I am saying here and please don't post all kinds of responses to my post "proving" I am wrong, pretty please?

One Day Closer...Nighty-night from France:bed:

From what I remember LE said to media boots were not involved in this case. I'll try to find link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

If they had kept the official search going, then maybe I could entertain that thought. But if they really thought the kids were in danger, they wouldn't just play mind games with the abductor and sit in their hands and not search. At least, I would hope not!

Two teenagers who don't show up at an appointed time is not two homicide victims. Big difference when they make that statement *after* the girls are found murdered. Im sure we've all read the rumors about the scene, but based on ISP "stuff of nightmares" I'm going to take them at their word. Of course, it's possible the LEO was referring to a nightmare of two girls being murdered but it is my impression, given they have released so little info from the phone, just two photos and a brief sound bite of three or four words, the remainder was what he was referring to.

<modsnip>

It seems ODD too that people were in Delphi today and no sign of any LE Isn't there a 24 hour a day command center set up by FBI to be working the case?

sexual assault does not mean rape, my definition is forced intercourse,

'Sexual assault' does mean and / or include what is commonly called 'rape'.

In fact, the word 'rape' has been removed from the statute books in many jurisdictions and replace with grades of 'sexual assault'.

I'm struggling with this. I would rather think it was not him, but why did the police say, according to local news source, they didn't believe there was any danger to the community shortly after the bodies were found? Makes no sense to me the LEOs didn't know early on who & that person was known to them based on the no danger statement.
the "no danger" statement by LE has always bothered me. How could the public not be in danger when a double homicide occured of two girls on a hike and the suspect remains at large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper