IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still lost... It sounds like a normal divorce to me?

I wonder how many times he may have been married. He apparently married in 1989 and divorced was filed in 2009 (dissolved 2012). there were photographic exhibits involved, but no idea if they were used. Unfortunately, I cannot find a link to where I found the date of marriage now. The divorce date comes from the court link at https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/SearchResults

I was just looking back at some prior posts and maps (by Nin, others). As Angelo and others previously posted, it seems that the southeast side of the bridge would have less foot traffic. So, perhaps BG came in from the southeast side (less chance of being seen). And, it's possible he walked past the girls onto the bridge, then doubled back. We don't know where he came from, but for instance, in looking at Google maps, it's about a 20 min walk or 3 min drive from the intersection of W 200N and N 625 W to the southeast end of the bridge (I know it turns into a private drive and I remember seeing a post about a gate). I wonder if LE checked with postal/UPS/Fedex workers that may have been making deliveries in that area and all around. Or any other types of deliveries that day.

Thoughts about entry points?

==
Posted by Angelo

In terms of foot traffic I think the south would be more secluded.

People walk the trails on the north side. Most access the bridge from the trails on the north side.

The south side does have a narrow dirt road which runs under the bridge but at that point the road is a driveway which leads to one house which is over 600 feet away. There is another house over 500 feet away from the south side through the trees but the driveway is good distance before the bridge.

I don't imagine there is a lot of road/foot traffic near the south side of the bridge.

I believe the knew the area quite well and knew the chances of running into other people on the south end of the bridge were slim. I believe that the took Abby and Libby off the south side of the bridge, down the hill to the creek and then across the creek to where they were found.

Map by Nin: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-13&p=13183673#post13183673
Just got home from the area. The picture provided was in my opinion taken from most likely a seated position from the last platform on the left side of the bridge if traveling southeast on the bridge as bg was in the pic. In my opinion he took them the rest of the way to the SE end of the bridge and to the left "down the hill". Crossing the bridge is somewhat nerve-wracking and treacherous and allows high visibility. I cant see him trying to force them back across the bridge to take them down the hill. Also in my opinion, the guy knows the area and knows it well. I dont feel it was planned i feel he took advantage of an opportunity. I also feel like bg has killed before. His confidence level to take two teens at the same time in a public venue tells me he was confident and experienced. He must have formed his plan very quickly and had an easy egress.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If this was my friend or family member, I'd say they had a serious problem with alcohol

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...pbGVFbmQiOm51bGwsIkNvdW50eUNvZGUiOm51bGx9fQ==

State of Indiana v. Ronald E Logan
08D01-1402-FD-000016
Court Carroll Superior Court
Case Type FD - Class D Felony
Filed 02/27/2014
Status 10/08/2014, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-3(a)(1)/FD: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or greater, 9-30-5-2(b)/MA: Operating A Vehicle While Intoxicated; Endangering A Person, 9-30-5-1(a)(1)/MC: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or More per Blood, 35-44.1-2-3(d)(1)/MA: False Informing, 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended (Prior w/in 10 years), 9-21-8-31/IFC: Failure to Yield Right of Way at Entrance to Through Highway
Parties State of Indiana, Logan
Attorneys Bean, Achey, Rozzi Filed 02/27/2014

State of Indiana vs. Ronald Logan
08D01-1312-FD-000107
Filed 12/03/2013
Status 09/15/2014, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a) & (b)/FD: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)(2)/MC: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or More per Breath
Attorneys Bean, Achey Filed 12/03/2013

08D01-1102-IF-000134
Case Type IF - Infraction
Filed 02/23/2011
Status 09/22/2011, Decided
Charges 9-24-19-1/IFA: Driving While Suspended
Parties State of Indiana, Logan Filed 02/23/2011

State of Indiana v. Ronald Logan
08D01-1102-CM-000031
Case Type CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed 02/08/2011
Status 06/21/2011, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a)/MA: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15, 35-44-2-2(d)(1)/MA: False Informing, 9-30-15-3/IFC: Open Alcoholic Beverage Container During Operation of a Motor Vehicle, 9-24-19-1/IFA: Driving While Suspended
Attorneys Bean, Knecht Filed 02/08/2011

08D01-1101-CM-000001
Filed 01/05/2011
Status 06/14/2011, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a)/MA: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15
Attorneys Knecht Filed 01/05/2011

Just wow, when you read through it all. RL does not seem to have good judgement at all. It goes on and on.

If this was my friend or family member, I'd say they had a serious problem with alcohol

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...pbGVFbmQiOm51bGwsIkNvdW50eUNvZGUiOm51bGx9fQ==

State of Indiana v. Ronald E Logan
08D01-1402-FD-000016
Filed 02/27/2014
Status 10/08/2014, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-3(a)(1)/FD: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or greater, 9-30-5-2(b)/MA: Operating A Vehicle While Intoxicated; Endangering A Person, 9-30-5-1(a)(1)/MC: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or More per Blood, 35-44.1-2-3(d)(1)/MA: False Informing, 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended (Prior w/in 10 years), 9-21-8-31/IFC: Failure to Yield Right of Way at Entrance to Through Highway
Attorneys Bean, Achey, RozziFiled 02/27/2014

08D01-1312-FD-000107
Filed 12/03/2013
Status 09/15/2014, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a) & (b)/FD: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)(2)/MC: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or More per Breath
Attorneys Bean, AcheyFiled 12/03/2013

08D01-1102-IF-000134
Case Type IF - Infraction
Filed 02/23/2011
Status 09/22/2011, Decided
Charges 9-24-19-1/IFA: Driving While Suspended
Parties State of Indiana, LoganFiled 02/23/2011

08D01-1102-CM-000031
Filed 02/08/2011
Status 06/21/2011, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a)/MA: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15, 35-44-2-2(d)(1)/MA: False Informing, 9-30-15-3/IFC: Open Alcoholic Beverage Container During Operation of a Motor Vehicle, 9-24-19-1/IFA: Driving While Suspended
Attorneys Bean, KnechtFiled 02/08/2011

08D01-1101-CM-000001
Filed 01/05/2011
Status 06/14/2011, Decided
Charges 9-30-5-2(a)/MA: Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated Endangering a Person, 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15
Attorneys KnechtFiled 01/05/2011
I'd have to agree.

If that bridge area is popular with kids, which was said early on, I can pretty much guarantee that kids are going through the wooded areas there all the time - and not just on RL's property.
Right? And the creek, creeks are a huge magnet for people, especially teens. Both my cousins have creeks on there back land and we regularly have people accidentally trespass, or maybe not so accidentally fishing. It happens.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I wonder how many times he may have been married. He apparently married in 1989 and divorced was filed in 2009 (dissolved 2012). there were photographic exhibits involved, but no idea if they were used. Unfortunately, I cannot find a link to where I found the date of marriage now. The divorce date comes from the court link at https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/SearchResults
What is RL's date of birth? thanks

Speculation, but he's got 40 acres. I'm not sure whether or not a suspended license would preclude him driving on his own private property. Maybe he has people who work for him as well who may have driven it as part of the job. Isn't it a working farm? I saw cattle in one photo.

ETA: Just saw someone else's post about conditions of home confinement & it states no motorized vehicles, but it could be for hired help.

It could be registered in someone else's name . That way it could be plated and insured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Could losing cheese then later finding it in the pantry be a thing to? I've done that being distracted!)
I've cracked eggs into the garbage as opposed to the pan they were meant for...

I disagree. Getting a restraining order requires all parties to appear in court to demonstrate the necessity. Otherwise, people could file restraining orders simply to tarnish someone's name. I'm not saying it never happens the way you suggest...but in the vast majority of cases there are good reasons for them.

Just one.

Just got home from the area. The picture provided was in my opinion taken from most likely a seated position from the last platform on the left side of the bridge if traveling southeast on the bridge as bg was in the pic. In my opinion he took them the rest of the way to the SE end of the bridge and to the left "down the hill". Crossing the bridge is somewhat nerve-wracking and treacherous and allows high visibility. I cant see him trying to force them back across the bridge to take them down the hill. Also in my opinion, the guy knows the area and knows it well. I dont feel it was planned i feel he took advantage of an opportunity. I also feel like bg has killed before. His confidence level to take two teens at the same time in a public venue tells me he was confident and experienced. He must have formed his plan very quickly and had an easy egress.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Agree with everything you wrote!

Were you able to get the measurements you needed?

What I can't understand for the.life of me is why they waited this long to search his
Place. Maybe if they had done this sooner
It wouldn't have had this impact.

What I can't understand for the.life of me is why they waited this long to search his

I think it would have had the same impact, if not greater.

Well I tried to give it up, but my head is stuck on this pickup. I have worn out my eyeballs trying to figure out what model year this F250 is. It is just striking me as extremely odd, for RL to have this particular vehicle, especially if it's a late-model, when his license is suspended. I can't bring myself to believe it's his. Can anybody help me out, here? Or tell me to do some laundry and get ready for work tomorrow, please...

We have a 2003 FORD F250 identical to the white truck.

Rape has a few definitions based on whether it is used as a verb or a noun. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape
Whichever way you slice it, Mr L used a most unfortunate term for describing how he was feeling. Very Inappropriate due to the circumstances, whether a slip or not. But if alcohol disease is an issue for him he may not have been speaking sober.

They developed new information either human or lab that required effecting another search is my best guess.

Yes, please read my previous posts about why a person might leave the murdered bodies on their own property.

Off hand I will venture that the person leaving the bodies was drunk, overwhelmed with what he had done and was running out of time because the search was on for the girls.

I've cracked eggs into the garbage as opposed to the pan they were meant for...

Thanks for a laugh-out-loud, just before I take a break to cool my head. :lol:

Off hand I will venture that the person leaving the bodies was drunk, overwhelmed with what he had done and was running out of time because the search was on for the girls.

And/or other people were in the area & spooked the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow