IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sexual assault does not mean rape, my definition is forced intercourse,

You are correct, it is forced intercourse. I meant, by using the words 'sexual assault' that does include forced intercourse as well as other sexual crimes, he used the word rape which in my opinion was a bit strange when you consider that a double murder of two young girls had just occurred on his property.

An alcoholic is not necessarily drunk all the time. I think that's a big misconception. My ex was one and in the whole 13 years I was with him he never missed a day of work unless he had the flu. My uncle was also an alcoholic and he carried himself well. Their tolerance was high, very high.

Does anyone know if they can/will impound your vehicle if caught driving on a suspended license? If so, this could be one reason for hauling RLs truck off on the flatbed (that would be separate from the search of the property).

I wonder if he had one of those devices placed in his car that stops you driving when your over the legal limit? A friend of mine had one and when it's removed if the police have suspicions that you may have gotten someone else to blow in it for you they can have it DNA tested to make sure your the only person that's used it to start the car....

I don't have a link but it was stated early on that searchers found the bodies by following footprints.

Yes I read this as well in an early report.

I checked the weather for Delphi for the 13/14 Feb. and there was no rain. I remember thinking oh good, that means hopefully the authorities would have been able to make casts of all of the footprints they found (size, tread, sometimes even model of shoe, definitely shoe or boot).

Also, with no rain, any D.N.A. found would not be compromised as it would have been in a heavy rain.

I agree. What is that hole?????

Are we talking about the holes circled?

They are for the latch and hinges that let a window tip out to vent. They are common in pickup trucks and minivans.

RLtruck.png

It's possible the girls smelled MaryJane or dope or smelled liquor on the BG I'm still not buying that RL is the BG Unless the photo which truely is a terrible picture is WAY off! That being said If it were him it seems the FBI has much video so it should not take a search warrant of the property if they have a video
what makes you think the girls "smelled" something??

I don't have a link but it was stated early on that searchers found the bodies by following footprints.

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens

I know someone asked earlier- not sure if there was an answer or I missed it. Is LE still searching RL's property or are they done?

This news report from Friday night said LE packed up and left the property. I'm not sure if they went back or if there is anything more recent.

WTHR
Published on 17 Mar 2017
Delphi property searched

Reporter was in Carroll County ‘…as police packed up and left the property this evening...’
https://youtu.be/mai87ho2trA

MOO Possibly he's in a medical infirmary of some type for alcohol detox. Give him a few days to regain his composure before appearing before a judge.

Yes and I thought all along when they said they moved him for his safety that it was not because someone was trying to harm him or he harm himself, but because they were not equipped to handle his detox.

That's what four-wheelers, ahem, quad-bikes are for!!
''

lol having owned a farm I can speak from experience, there are many places on the farm you may go in your truck versus your 4 x 4 I speak however from a working horse farm and not what looks to be a possible hobby farm for Mr Logan! I think possible he has or had cattle perhaps at some point it is a lot of land and it would be perfect with the area

Also, this farm is not a working farm IMHO Its acreage and the truck looks to be about a 2000 to 2003 model so it is not new

This forum is amazing. I've only been here a short while after discovering it when a local person went missing. I'm impressed by the thorough attention being paid to detail, and most of all, by the politeness and welcoming attitude of all here. You guys are great.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm part of a group at church which does jail outreach.

The drug epidemic across the country is bad, but until moving here a year ago I didn't have a clue as to how bad it is here. Four drugs are common here, meth, spice, heroin, and painkillers. Oxycodone appears to be real bad in the Midwest. People are suffering brain damage from meth and spice, I've come across inmates who take up to two weeks to get to some sense of normalcy after detoxing from meth and spice (synthetics). These folks get caught up in the system, and most can't get away from it. The jails are overflowing, here.

There could be a drug angle with the perp. It appears he might be smoking or vaping, vapes are used by addicts.

Now as far as hitchikers are concerned, MOO is RL probably did not pick up a hitchiker that day. One thing my friends and I do on a regular basis is borrow each others' vehicles. We just trust each other. I wonder if RL let someone borrow his truck recently, maybe someone on a short list of people of interest, someone who maybe has helped him on his property before.

I agree with this happening in Indiana there is a good chance there is a drug angle. (Thank you for serving btw.)
I have seen RL in interviews say he does not recognize BG. If BG is someone he has seen before, someone who used or stored something in his barn or borrowed his truck, then he has withheld info from LE. I still tend to think of him as a victim but why would LE have to lock him up to do a thorough search? Would he not allow them to come and search?
I'm still thinking there was more than one, maybe more than 2 and that at least one of them was on RL's place, was known to RL, but BG is someone he had not seen. However that leads me back to why RL would have to be locked up for LE to search his place. And I think the arrest was calculated strategically. So maybe there is a consideration that if it were known that RL had worked with LE on some evidence discovered there, his life could be in danger from other members of the gang/ring. So by arresting him they are removing any reason for someone to seek retaliation.

Heres the thing- if this man does indeed have a problem with alcohol (which he sure seems to, at least in recent years ) he will not come across how we expect a normal person would. I grew up with an alcoholic. RL is coming across much better than she ever could. I shudder to think of the things she would have said in this situation .A lot of it would have been unrelated nonsense I think or a lot about how it sucks for her,her child and her property. .
Alcoholics always find a way to make themselves the victim.
They got to the point they did by feeling hard done by, bad things always happen to me etc etc..heck...half the time bad things did happen to make them the way they are
Everything after that is just people trying to make their lives harder and ruin it some more .

If he had it bad..would have been interesting what he said whilst angry and withdrawing in prison

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Alcoholics all behave the same? I don't think that's true having known a few.

The most powerful word to convey how he felt might have been more about the loss of those children than how he felt effected by the fact that his property in the woods was the crime site. IMOO
agreed

Just got home from the area. The picture provided was in my opinion taken from most likely a seated position from the last platform on the left side of the bridge if traveling southeast on the bridge as bg was in the pic. In my opinion he took them the rest of the way to the SE end of the bridge and to the left "down the hill". Crossing the bridge is somewhat nerve-wracking and treacherous and allows high visibility. I cant see him trying to force them back across the bridge to take them down the hill. Also in my opinion, the guy knows the area and knows it well. I dont feel it was planned i feel he took advantage of an opportunity. I also feel like bg has killed before. His confidence level to take two teens at the same time in a public venue tells me he was confident and experienced. He must have formed his plan very quickly and had an easy egress.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you for doing this and giving your own perspective of the area and crime. It can't have been easy for you the bridge is treacherous enough without knowing the horrific tragedy that occurred close by.

IMO and being a fellow Hoo... er BOILERMAKER (I am a Purdue girl and will NEVER call myself that awful H word) 40 acres isn't really what we call a farm. A hobby farm, possibly

Just trying to offer some insight into the area, etc.

Are we talking about the holes circled?

They are for the latch and hinges that let a window tip out to vent. They are common in pickup trucks and minivans.

RLtruck.png

Is the back window covered with a black garbage bag or something?

Based on aerial photos taken of the property (from a real estate site, not anything to do with the murders), that truck belongs to someone who lives at that address.

Or someone who just happened to visit that day the shots were taken.

The photos are public record. The inference is MOO.

Well, we don't know it's his vehicle at all, but maybe it isn't used to do farm work at all, just driving into town, etc. I'm sure I saw in one of the court postings that he's been arrested for driving on suspended license & maybe he has someone else drive him, I don't know. Very small town so you'd think it'd be a much bigger risk to drive on suspended than in a big city like where I I've.

An alcoholic is not necessarily drunk all the time. I think that's a big misconception. My ex was one and in the whole 13 years I was with him he never missed a day of work unless he had the flu. My uncle was also an alcoholic and he carried himself well. Their tolerance was high, very high.

Having grown up in a family of alkie's (as we call them) I agree! Ex and brother were working men who drank at evening and weekend

On the other hand I had 2 other brothers who laid drunk 7 days a week! They were most wino's though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en