IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. A person would think they would want to use duct tape because I always wondered how sufficient a small piece of tape that they use will keep it sealed.

I think that kind of evidence tape wouldn't be easy to peel and restick as it would defeat its purpose. Kind of like that paperish tape on some medications so you have to tear it to get it off. I've never seen any up close, though.

Nonetheless he is on probation, not parole as you quite correctly pointed out, yet a condition of his probation was a waiver of his fourth ammendment rights re: search and seizure, as stated many times here and detailed in his court records, one of which is located here and does show that waiving of his rights -

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...6QTFORFF4TnpFd01qTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhZelk9In19

Thanks for the good information.

Indiana, or perhaps the county in question, is very different than the states that I am familiar with regarding fourth amendment waivers and the definition of a habitual offender. For example, there was no category for habitual misdemeanor type law breakers and fourth amendment waivers for misdemeanor "being him/herself" type convictions of any type are very rare.

Can someone refresh my memory what the ISP officer said that caused him to tear up at the news conference? Still working on getting awake. Thanks

Idk i didn't see that, but i would imagine the sight of two young girls laying in the woods dead would tear up just about anyone, including me. Jmo. :(

I think that kind of evidence tape wouldn't be easy to peel and restick as it would defeat its purpose. Kind of like that paperish tape on some medications so you have to tear it to get it off. I've never seen any up close, though.

AS a sexual assault nurse examiner - we use the same red tape. It is highly friable and can not be easily removed - especially not in one piece...it is easy to identify when it has been messed with.

A week or so ago, I created a simple 3D model of the bridge area and surrounding property. The terrain information
was taken from the United States Geological Survery website called EarthExplorer under the datatype LIDAR. Without going into the boring detail, I extracted the ground points (does NOT include tree canopy) only and created the ground surface for visualization and rendering in the open source program Blender (www.blender.org).

I would like to share the 3D model in case anyone can find use for it, since I no longer have use for it.

I have posted it for public download from my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_1FoLT9JNVtdXdfMGFaSHZMMEk

ALSO, the publically available LIDAR point cloud dataset (including the tree tops AND ground surfaces) I have cropped from the 4 USGS tiles and put here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_1FoLT9JNVtblFhNS12cEE4UUU

The camera is setup in the Blender file to render a full iPhone image still similar to what LE has released.

Feedback is welcome, or more details if you are interested.

Here is a screenshot showing the bridge and surrounding terrain
attachment.php

Awesome!![emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to the cell phones ... do we know what Liberty was wearing that day? This might shed light on where she could have possibly hid the phone on her person.

ETA: You know you're obsessed with a case when you are on Websleuths at the office on a Monday ... :sheesh:

"She was last seen wearing a tie died shirt, fringed at the bottom, gray sweats with unknown black lettering, and black Nike shoes."

http://fox59.com/2017/02/14/carroll-county-authorities-continue-search-for-missing-teenagers/

If LE has more video/audio, wouldn't they know by now if BG if RL?

So perhaps they don't have as much audio/video/pictures as previously thought by some.

Can someone help me? I am trying to find if we know the address or street where one of the first two warrants were served. Not the one on Bicycle Bridge Road, but I think there was also one around this time served in Flora or Logansport. I have been trying to find it and can't and was hoping someone here knows offhand or can help me find it!

:gthanks:

Idk i didn't see that, but i would imagine the sight of two young girls laying in the woods dead would tear up just about anyone, including me. Jmo. :(

I wasn't judging him. I can't imagine how the investigators can't stop seeing and knowing what they have. I was interested in his words as he became emotional. I could've sworn one of the officials said the nightmare stuff, but I'll admit my head is swimming trying to keep up. I think his surname started with an S but it wasn't Sgt. Slocum. I'll try to find it after I consume more caffeine.

Sorry for incorrectly stating what Libby was wearing...
We also don't know if Libby had a backpack or tote or purse with her. However, I do think one of the girls had a backpack, hence LE's comment about notifying them if anyone found one.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...6TTNNVGt3TnpFd01qTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhZVE09In19

You can click the State of Indiana v. Ronald E Logan and it will open and show the pleadings, disposition, etc

on this one top has charges...long index of the various pleadings--court filings--memos etc--
Scroll way down
and you find
10/08/2014
Judgment
Judicial Officer: Fouts, Kurtis
01. 9-30-5-3(a)(1)/FD: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or greater
• Plea by Agreement
02. 9-30-5-2(b)/MA: Operating A Vehicle While Intoxicated; Endangering A Person
• Dismissed
03. 9-30-5-1(a)(1)/MC: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or More per Blood
• Dismissed
04. 35-44.1-2-3(d)(1)/MA: False Informing
• Dismissed
05. 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended (Prior w/in 10 years)
• Dismissed
06. 9-21-8-31/IFC: Failure to Yield Right of Way at Entrance to Through Highway
• Dismissed

HTH :D

Looks like he plead down to me. Which is the norm. I always keep in mind that when I see convictions, they are usually less severe than a person was originally charged with. IMO, MOO, JMO. Such as, Someone pleads guilty to fewer or lesser charges. It doesn't mean they are not guilty of it, but it was never been proven. However, legally it is what it is.

I think we need to re-focus on an unknown suspect at this time. The FBI put out initial behavioral 'indicators' that we should be looking for in the suspect. You can be sure this is based on their analysis of the facts they know. The suspect will almost, not guaranteed, but almost always show the behavioral indicators they alerted us to look for.
Here is what they posted initially:
Information Sought in Investigation into Deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams

Members of our community may have information to assist in this investigation. We are making a direct appeal to members of this community who may have information but are unaware or unsure of its significance or assume law enforcement may already have the information.

Often someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the individual or individuals who committed the crime and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the changes, and may even question the person about it, but may not connect the changes to that person’s involvement in the crime.

On Monday, February 13, the individual or individuals responsible for these crimes may have been absent from work, missed or cancelled appointments or social engagements, or been unavailable or unresponsive during the afternoon period. They may have been a “no-show” or offered a plausible excuse for their absence or tardiness such as, illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.

Since that time, the individual or individuals may have exhibited some of the following:

A change in the daily routine(s), such as their sleep patterns or use of alcohol or drugs
A change in their physical appearance (e.g., growth or removal of facial hair, change in length or color of hair
Cleaned or disposed of clothing and/or shoes worn on Monday afternoon
A change in normal routine which might include missing work or other engagements
Anxiety, nervousness, or irritability
Paid attention to the investigation, media coverage, or had discussions pertaining to the deaths
It is important to know that the exhibition of one or more of these behavioral changes alone are not indicative of one’s involvement in a crime. These behavioral characteristics or changes are being shared so that the public may be sensitive to them and may bring forth possible helpful information. If you have any information that you feel may be of use in this investigation, please contact us the tip line at (844) 459-5786 or via e-mail to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

From - https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...deaths-of-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams

I am new here and this is my first post. Webslueths is very well organized and has so many caring people for the victims and their family's. I do have a question in regards to RL truck as it was being towed. Why was the strip of red tape on the passenger door?
Welcome to websleuths, deepeaches!

Can someone help me? I am trying to find if we know the address or street where one of the first two warrants were served. Not the one on Bicycle Bridge Road, but I think there was also one around this time served in Flora or Logansport. I have been trying to find it and can't and was hoping someone here knows offhand or can help me find it!

:gthanks:

Peru and Lebanon are the only other 2 we have been told about but we don't know a street address.

I'm curious as to who has access to RLs
Home.property and truck.
Who drove that truck when R couldn't.
Who took him places?
Who has keys to the home a d vehicles?

So 56 is elderly? Great I will start searching for a nursing home for myself today.:facepalm:

You gave me a good belly laugh, LOL.... I had just posted a few minutes ago that middle aged was 40- mid 50's. Afterward it dawned on me that since I'm 60 that means I'm no longer middle aged, I'm elderly. Took a while to sink in, :thinking:.... then I momentarily considered going back and changing my post, LOL. It's not often that I want to be wrong, but in this case I'm glad to hear that I was, I have it straight from the authorities that I'll be middle aged for a few more years. :)

I will be honest and admit I don't know WHAT to think.

I have a hard time believing RL is BG for more reasons than he sorta does not look like that pixelated hot mess that sorta looks like pretty much every dude in the semi-rural US.

But I do have a modicum of faith in LE. Especially with the support they are receiving from outside LEAs. I find it very telling that this latest search was done and that LE has made no public statement to the status of the resident as was done in previous searches.

IOW, it does not "fit" for me, but then I do not have the deck LE is working with. It appears they have good reasons for their actions.

As for WS, we are permitted to sleuth RL within limits and I appreciate that. I am treading lightly, here, because there is lots of easily sleuthed info available, but not all of it is appropriate for sharing here.

I will say, if you find something you feel is worthy of sharing but are not sure, don't hesitate to ask a mod or admin. They are super busy but I'd bet dollars to donuts they would rather reply to a request than shut down a thread for cleanup.

All just MOO.

<modsnip> What may be going on in the Facebook groups is certainly not going on here, and I am offended you think the population at large on Websleuths is ruining his good name. He's never going to see what anyone said on this forum, and from what I can tell most people here don't think he did it and the rest of us are just waiting and watching to see how it plans out.

I think people are going way too easy on RL without knowing the facts.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I wasn't judging him. I can't imagine how the investigators can't stop seeing and knowing what they have. I was interested in his words as he became emotional. I could've sworn one of the officials said the nightmare stuff, but I'll admit my head is swimming trying to keep up. I think his surname started with an S but it wasn't Sgt. Slocum. I'll try to find it after I consume more caffeine.

Unfortunately, I was the one who found a suicide victim in January (bridge jumper) and I actually was expecting to be more mentally traumatized that I actually was. Most urban LE is fairly used to seeing deceased people. Seeing children or kids murdered would be a whole other level... that I can't imagine. God Bless these people who have to see what we don't have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop