IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your theory is plausible, which could also lead into the possibility RL is serving as a convenient distraction. It's sometimes a ploy used by LE, to make it appear they are focused on a certain person while observing another suspect who doesn't realize they're even under suspicion. LE hopes that suspect will develop loose lips because they come to see themselves as somewhat invincible.

This is one reason why LE media releases are not always geared toward informing the public on the progress of an investigation, if it's believed the guilty culprit is also listening to the news.

You make many excellent points.

Where I differ regarding it being a ploy is the very lengthy search warrant execution on the 17th. That's a lot of expensive man hours & resources when they could've scaled it down if it was a ploy. I've seen one MSM report that it lasted 10 hours. I saw quite a few LEOs & at least 1 K-9.

Also, the language shift in LE when they're responding to questions about RL. In my opinion they're giving pretty big hints about his being a big focus of the murder investigation.

[video=twitter;844196423243567104]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/844196423243567104[/video]

Sgt. Tony Slocum‏@ISPPeru 8m
8 minutes ago

Just picked up a check for the Delphi Reward from Tim Walsh at Dun-Rite Auto in Logansport an additional $1,010. Hoosiers helping Hoosiers

There was some further conversation following this tweet.

(not sure how to embed a tweet so will post the link & copy paste the text

https://mobile.twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/844199391951044610

@nochanceofrain

Can I assume the is regarding #delphigirls & killer still being sought?

Sgt. Tony Slocum‏ @ISPPeru

You can

I don't see it as back pedaling..JMO. RL is in jail, he's not going anywhere soon. LE said it could take three weeks to process the evidence they have collected, that is certainly not imminent. For the record I do not think RL is BG. I think they are searching his property for DNA. MOO but when they say the case is large I do wonder if they believe more than one person was involved or perhaps it's just that 13,000 tips is large. Also, I think RL has had some type of contact with BG, either willingly or unwillingly. They could be trying to get him to talk or they could be concerned with his safety. Just thinking out loud here..

I should have expounded on what I meant by backpedaling. There was a huge brouhaha on Friday and then deafening silence all weekend long and even yesterday. The prosecutor in this case seems to be the one who comes out saying words to the effect of "move along, nothing to see here" after each SW is done. I take his words that there are no arrests imminent to mean they didn't find a smoking gun on Friday and I really feel they alerted the media because they expected to find a smoking gun.

My opinion is no one wants to make the job of the investigators more difficult by blabbing to some slick TV talking heads & maybe saying something they shouldn't. Maybe it's a sense of circle the wagons. Maybe the LEOs have asked them not to talk at this time. Maybe some of them feel personally violated by the evil acts against those two girls & the glare of attention. If RL is involved, why would anyone defend the indefensible. This is a very small community so most of them probably know the families.

Bolded by me, a long-time rural-community resident. jmo

Can you guys please tell me all known SW's and dates if possible? Tia.

Posts are missing. Some contain off topic poor taste humor about drinking games while other contain disparaging remarks and jokes about RL or about your fellow members and their posts - NONE of which are okay.

This is a heavily trafficked thread and nobody has the time or energy to sit on it babysitting grown people that should be able after 34 threads to know where to draw the line.

Nobody wants this thread closed but each time the conversation goes off the rails that is what happens. YOU have the power to keep it open. YOU also have the power to cause it's closure. Your words have that power.

Use them wisely.

I understand that we want the brightest and the smartest serving in LE, FBI, ICE, HS; however, those occupations are not always the first on a college student's list of preferred professions due to the dangerous nature of the job, the salary and benefits. Personally, I support college ed requirement for all LE employees.**

O/T, but why aren't we willing to pay them more? Put another way, why do want the highest possible salary for ourselves, but aren't willing to want that for others?

MOO

Maybe they are not questioning his alibi?
Food for thought.

Banfield made an error by stating RL had discrepancies in where he was on one of the days, the 13th I believe. This is based on Banfield misstating what RL actually said on camera interviews so it seems like the attorney would've wanted to jump on that rather than leave it, giving the impression to the viewers that RL lied on camera and was caught.

Perhaps the problem with RL's alibi is that he has one. This is someone who has no drivers license and is in his 70's. He does not work, if he is gone from home its most likely the occasional trip to the market or into town, something that wouldn't take more than a few hours. Remember this was a Monday afternoon so family members would most likely be working, again leading to the idea that he should be home. So now here we are on Monday February 13th and RL risks going to jail to drive out of town for fish at just the same time that two girls are killed on his property. I bet RL has a receipt, theres probably some street cam that has him driving, is alibi is air tight. Perhaps thats the problem LE is having with him. They want to know WHO told him to not be home that day. JMHO

A majority of people who hear that will believe it, making RL look like a blatant liar. Obviously not many people follow the details like WSers. Really makes me angry and sad.

Re Ashleigh Banfield's error of two different alibis/two different days
I see people are correcting her on her Primetime Justice FB. It would be nice if she could offer a correction, at the very least.

In LE is it common to release major info or take a suspect into custody on a Friday?

It seems it gives them the weekend and then they can get away with no updates throughout the next week until it's Friday again. Lots of hustle and rustle in this case on Fridays. Silence during the week and then bam.

Do we know for a fact that Logan has no drivers license? I have not seen it confirmed anywhere. If we don't know, I do wish we would not state it as a fact. I don't think we even know if he was arrested for driving, for drinking and driving, for not using a turn-signal, or any other reason.

Perhaps the problem with RL's alibi is that he has one. This is someone who has no drivers license and is in his 70's. He does not work, if he is gone from home its most likely the occasional trip to the market or into town, something that wouldn't take more than a few hours. Remember this was a Monday afternoon so family members would most likely be working, again leading to the idea that he should be home. So now here we are on Monday February 13th and RL risks going to jail to drive out of town for fish at just the same time that two girls are killed on his property. I bet RL has a receipt, theres probably some street cam that has him driving, is alibi is air tight. Perhaps thats the problem LE is having with him. They want to know WHO told him to not be home that day. JMHO

Interesting...

That would also mean that said somebody would have to have prior knowledge that the girls were going to be in that spot, at that time.

I've finally gotten caught up. In this thread I've seen quite a bit of speculation about why RL was moved back to Carroll county custody. I feel like if nothing else I may have a firm response to this.
It is my opinion based on what LE has told the public, vinelink, and inmate information that RL was originally moved from Carroll County jail to Clinton county jail for his own "safety." He was then moved from Clintion County back to Carroll county so that he could be present for his evidentiary court hearing that was scheduled for Monday, however a continuance has been issued. They may be in the process of moving him again or maybe his new court date is close enough that they don't feel the need to move him yet.
Again these are my thoughts. Hth!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bolded by me, a long-time rural-community resident. jmo

Thank you for your perspective. I just found it interesting because I've seen the tabloids & national media swarm towns where a high profile crime has occurred & I feel like they've tried, but I haven't seen anyone biting except in the early days.

I can do RLs height using the same method i did BG. I just need a full length photo of RL and something I can use for scale reference. If anyone can help me with that. Im at work right now and will be on the road to camp atterbury shortly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can someone please help Mcumings by locating and linking/posting full- length photos of RL, so that his height can be calculated in the same method in which McCumings was able to approximate BG's height.

Thank You, Mcumings, for your hard work and dedication towards finding the monster that murdered Abby+Libby . You are truly appreciated.

Interesting...

That would also mean that said somebody would have to have prior knowledge that the girls were going to be in that spot, at that time.

Exactly.... there was IMHO a "meet up" at that bridge at that time. With who is the million dollar question...

So much YES in this post. Thank you for pointing this out. IMO, I do not think RL is BG, but he either knows who is or who told him to vacate his property...not one but two days.

Exactly.... there was IMHO a "meet up" at that bridge at that time. With who is the million dollar question...

"Who" indeed! If we could figure that out we could solve this for those girls. The who will come from understanding ALL the players in this, and what part they play.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member