IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to hear what people's theories about the crime (how it unfolded; who is responsible; what was the motive) would be if they hadn't seen the picture of Libby on the bridge at 2:07pm, or the image of BG, or heard the words "down the hill". Those clues are very valuable, but I do think some have developed tunnel vision because of them. Where would this case be if those pieces of information were not in existence, and/or released to the public?

In all honesty, I would, as of tonight, be looking at a serial perpetuator of crimes against young girls. This is such a hard question, because without the video stills and voice capture, there is nothing to go on.

No not at all.. I'm passed that.. Over it.. It's not him

Are you willing to entertain that more than one person is involved? LE seems to be, at least for now. I do not think that RL is BG. IMO RL is a much bigger man than BG, by both height and weight, and he's older. They are definitely not the same people. I have not however been able to convince myself that he doesn't know more about what went on that day then he has told police. While he looks nothing like the picture of BG, to me his voice does sound similar... JMO.

I'm curious to hear what people's theories about the crime (how it unfolded; who is responsible; what was the motive) would be if they hadn't seen the picture of Libby on the bridge at 2:07pm, or the image of BG, or heard the words "down the hill". Those clues are very valuable, but I do think some have developed tunnel vision because of them. Where would this case be if those pieces of information were not in existence, and/or released to the public?
I'd probably think it was someone who knew they were going to be at the bridge that day..maybe someone who saw the snapchat or another pic...
Possibly someone who could see them arrive at the bridge or lived nearby. I'd think a local as it is such a small town and probably doesnt get a lot of visitors.
I'd believe the motive to be sexual. Older predator who had been stalking one of them online or from nearby

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I don't think my thoughts would be much different without them, but it's hard to say. I'm not sure I'd really expect the girls to cross that bridge if I hadn't seen the picture of Abby on it. Then again, I discovered I had a problem with heights when I was 16 and a bunch of us climbed the water tower in town!

When I first joined WS back in 2012, it was because of my intense interest in the Evansdale Iowa case. I'm here because I'm hoping case is connected. If it turns out to be RL, then I doubt it.

Same here. I've tried to leave a few times for various reasons, but I'll keep coming back until they find the person/people responsible for the death of those girls (and now these two, too.)

I believe it's a drifter and it was a crime of opportunity and the is long gone. That's why I also believe LE put up all those billboards across the country. Maybe RL knows this drifter and let him stay in one of his out buildings from time to time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I feel like whatever BG is wearing is more of an object coming out from under his jacket than a printed logo.

Definitely agree. I see either the handle of a white plastic bag. White rope. Or Ski goggles. I do not see smoke. The reason I dont see it being smoke is because it's holding a similar shape in both of the pictures. When smoke comes out it goes in different directions. Especially on an open bridge with air moving much faster than in a confined space. I cannot see it being a skull either. That would put the logo way up high around his neck. I just can't see it.

My thoughts on this picture have changed many different times since it was released. It seems like every time I look at it I pick up something new. I am doing everything I can to keep an open mind with each and every post I read bc you never know. One post may spark an idea that may change the way we look at something. I don't care how crazy it may be. Heck, I even had a thought last night about the possibility of BG hiding on one of the metal supports on the side of the bridge and climbing up onto the wooden beams after the girls passed. Not likely. But again, you never know!

We are all here for the same reason. Keep those wheels turnin folks! It's only a matter of time before this puzzle is complete. All IMO

-gisjoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, it's me again, lol..

So, today, the weather was exactly how it was the day of the murder taking place. I live in New York. Anyways! I was looking at a lot of peoples attire, including mine. And I was dressed similar to how the girls were for how it felt out but the men... I noticed they dressed a lot like BG was. Which interest me. But they weren't wearing their hoodie so closely over their face but they were wearing hats!

I am still under the impression he was hiding things under his jacket because all the men I was looking at, even heavy, didn't look as bulky as he did. JMO, i also believe he was purposely hiding his face.

Does anyone know if LE has their phones or were they just getting these from the Cloud? If they don't have it, I wonder if the suspect still has it or is it lost somewhere.

Something I don't understand is.. was it the Grandpa or what? That said their cellphones were pinging everywhere from when they first got there to when they were needed to be picked up. Does that just mean because they were walking everywhere in the forest so it was pinging everywhere? Or is this because the culprit actually did drag their bodies somewhere else in the car? I'm so confused

ONE more question! You guys keep saying a person who came to the forest around 3:30 (???) and saw a couple along with a man. Just my opinion but could the man she saw be BG but with different clothes on since he was so bulky with other jackets on? :thinking:

Have you read the TOS? It is a great thing to do if you are new. When talking about people in the case it is useful to use the names or initials of people we are discussing so we are all on the same page.

I feel like whatever BG is wearing is more of an object coming out from under his jacket than a printed logo.
That's the camp I'm in too.

IMO, it appears that he's carrying a white plastic grocery bag inside his jacket, and the white object are the handles. I think it looks like his jacket is sagging down from the bulk and that's why the buttons in the front look sort off odd, like it's under strain of popping open. JMO!

I totally don't think it's a logo, but that's the good thing about WS. We can put our heads together and look at it from every possible angle to hopefully see something we haven't seen before.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Maybe it's a trafficking ring? I'm just trying to think outside the box here...
I know it was brought up very early, so just circling back in light of the latest interview.

Since there isn't much else to look into right now maybe the jacket is a bigger clue than you would think. So here are some thoughts I have after studying the BG images for a while. Also I’ve read that some think he was pasted into the bridge background. No way…you would see it in the pixels in photoshop if he was silhouetted and inserted into background.

To me the jacket looks like a lighter to medium weight nylon windbreaker type aka coaches jacket aka security style jacket maybe even a rain jacket. Not a heavy weight winter jacket.

I see a rectangular jacket pocket above the pouch that has a 2" flap and possibly 2 snaps almost like a cargo pant pocket or a field coat/jacket pocket but longer than deep. No pocket on the chest like field jackets have. I think the jacket snaps shut with possibly a zipper as well under the snaps, elastic wrists and lined with maybe a lighter gray colored lining. I think the jacket is only snapped a couple of snaps in his picture and is mostly open. I also think this type of pocket is why his hands are in his pants pockets and not his jacket pockets.

This jacket is different from most windbreaker type jackets i’ve seen because of this style pocket. I've noticed a lot of rain type jackets that have this style pocket. You can see many jackets on Amazon, Cabelas, sporting goods stores, Google images, etc., So I feel because of this pocket it eliminates many jackets.

I think he’s a guy that has a larger build, I don’t think the jacket is a disguise to make him appear larger. I think 180-200 lbs at the most and 30 years old, no facial hair to speak of but maybe some stubble.

He could be a sports coach, security guard, someone who works outdoors but not as a laborer. Maybe he’s a foreman, an in the field customer service guy, utility company person, estimator for a contractor or a contractor business owner.

Maybe this guy has a habit of having hands in pockets all the time. Maybe a clue?

LE should get 5-6 talented fashion artists to draw this jacket from the best images they have and post pictures of it. Ask who owned one like this but now recently does not.
I think you may be right on target with possible jobs the killer may have. He has to have a certain amount of flexibility with his schedule to be able to disappear for hours at a time. He probably had to clean up and try to act normal before going back to work--or home. You just wonder how a person would act after committing such a vicious crime. And he has to keep up his act, day after day. Maybe the stress will make him brag to someone, and that will be his downfall.

14,000 tips are not going to be about 14,000 possible BG's. Many hundreds will be vague things like I saw some people that day or I heard about a guy who etc...

50 or 60 POI's at this point is a huge number, Imo. It also implies maybe they don't have DNA to rule out or narrow down this bunch, unless the 50-60 are POI's because they won't give samples.

Are you willing to entertain that more than one person is involved? LE seems to be, at least for now. I do not think that RL is BG. IMO RL is a much bigger man than BG, by both height and weight, and he's older. They are definitely not the same people. I have not however been able to convince myself that he doesn't know more about what went on that day then he has told police. While he looks nothing like the picture of BG, to me his voice does sound similar... JMO.
Oh absolutely... There could be more than 1 involved. I'm almost convinced there is... but, Rl and bg are different people without a doubt. Nothing alike. Not by along shot... I feel like they are getting closer and I feel like rusty missing piece is jus a jump away... I feel like he's got to go back for something. Or they know he's gonna call someone, or see someone. And they are waiting for it..then they will have him.. I jus keep feeling that...

If you are referring to Liberty's grandfather, we are not allowed to sleuth the family's of victims. Have you read the TOS? It is a great thing to do if you are new. When talking about people in the case it is useful to use the names or initials of people we are discussing so we are all on the same page.

Not sure if you are misunderstanding me, lol. I wasn't sleuthing the grandfather. I was asking about the cellphone pinging, lol. I don't understand if the cellphone was pinging because they were walking all over the place in the forest and / or if the suspect took them somewhere after the bridge and that's what the mean by pinging

I just wanted insight if anyone could decipher what the wording meant. I also have no idea what his name is so I said grandfather. I am terrible with remembering names correctly.

Mainstream social media--social media not like this forum, which is so well moderated--is pretty awful. I followed news media reports of a local missing man and was disgusted by the comments people posted on those reports. Many people got blamey, jumped to conclusions, and worked​ themselves up into a frenzy. And often when anyone called them on anything or asked​ them to cite an official source, many got defensive and confrontational.

So I was hesitant to come here. But I am so glad that I did because the posts are so well reasoned, the moderators do a great job and are patient, the people here are polite and considerate, and no matter how many times someone asks​ what BG means, someone always responds warmly.

I was shy about asking you guys for acronym defs. But what fun to read the various definitions Google and urban dictionary suggested for BG and BBM. [emoji169]

Welcome! Feel free topost and ask questions. I had a chuckle when I read the bolded part I bolded in your post. WS posters respond warmly to questions but I will confess, everytime someone asks what BG means, we all take a drink. Our answers may get 'warmer and warmer' as we go. LOL.

I listened to Tony Slocum's interview today. He mentioned that they monitor social media (and I'm sure WS is included). I hope they are taking into consideration male suicides within surrounding counties (and age group) in IN since the day the photo and voice was released. If it's not a SK, there's a chance the BG was high on drugs, etc., and might even have some remorse or fear of being caught or found out. I read about one a few days ago not far from Delphi (he even had a Habsburg chin as I think the BG man does). I hope they get dna in case they have something to match to it. JMO

Maybe it's a trafficking ring? I'm just trying to think outside the box here...
I know it was brought up very early, so just circling back in light of the latest interview

Jmo, the girls would have been swooped up and driven far away...not killed.

I'd probably think it was someone who knew they were going to be at the bridge that day..maybe someone who saw the snapchat or another pic...
Possibly someone who who could see them arrive at the bridge or lived nearby. I'd think a local as it is such a small town and probably doesnt get a lot of visitors.
I'd believe the motive to be sexual. Older predator who had been stalking one of them online or from nearby

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I thought that in the beginning. But now I've shifted... To I think they came across or seen something very bad and he was onto them... I'm torn between internet happenings or they came across something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop