IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news coverage of the TN case has all pointed to the fact that the teacher and student were having an inappropriate love relationship. The teacher was caught kissing the student at school and the teacher had done a search for " teen marriage" prior to abducting the student. All very abhorrent behavior by the teacher but IMO not connected to Delphi girls. WSMV Nashville updates on TN case often.

100 % agree.

I followed the Tara Grinstead case in GA since she disappeared in 2005. Her case was solved this year. The man who killed her did not live close, was not the most obvious perp, and was not on LE's radar. This is often the case but amateur sleuths focused on an innocent man instead. Don't make too many assumptions about the man responsible, especially when you have no access to the results of the investigation thus far.

They knew each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-

Police are doing many things out of tradition, rather than strategy.

They only need to hold back one detail, they don't need to hold back everything, and, if this goes stone cold, they'll be releasing everything and begging for tips. When it's old news, good luck.

Adults can figure out the girls were terrified at one point. It's a Paternal attitude that says we're going to protect you, protect them from information. If his movements spur a memory, from last year or last month, get that s!ht out!

-

Been gone all day. Anyone want to summarize? Sounds like we are close to an arrest?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

There is no date..are you sure this is today? He went into Carroll County Jail..transferred to Clinton County for his safety and back to Carroll for a 'hearing' that we are unclear if it happened or not. Thanks

Sorry if this was already answered, I just got up from a long nap. Yes, it is today that I checked it. My computer will not do screen shots. Please check yourself at https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=15000. I don't use my phone because my eyes are way too old to see the small print they insist on using.......

Sorry if this was already answered, I just got up from a long nap. Yes, it is today that I checked it. My computer will not do screen shots. Please check yourself at https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=15000. I don't use my phone because my eyes are way too old to see the small print they insist on using.......

There are settings whereyou can adjust and enlarge font size on phone..research your type of phone to find out how. Im practically using the Braille setting on mine lmao (46 y.o. with rapidly declining sight here after having perfect vision all my life )

Please read Tricia's post about all that:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...7-38&p=13260326&highlight=Tricia#post13260326

That particular page has not changed since I first saw it. I think this one is more up-to-date with everything. It appears he is still in jail. On 3/22/17 remanded to custody of Sheriffs while awaiting judgment on bond possibiliy.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...6Z3hNelF3TnpFMk1qTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhObU09In19

The alleged face is also a person who gave an on camera interview so easy to capture and manipulate into the original with basic photo editing skill. I'm skeptical at this point.

Absolutely, just wanted to share in case there was any possibility it could be useful. I only feel one picture on there is legit but I have no idea on the tech side of things. Most of what they discuss is like another language lol

Just wondering, as we all have done so often on this case....

If BG is the killer, and if he is local, could he have seen the girls when they were dropped off, watched them a bit, and then hurriedly added a sweater or sweatshirt and perhaps worn two pairs of pants, etc, wore a hoodie and a cap on his head to make himself very unlike he usually appears? Possibly using clothes from RL's house, knowing RL was not around? He certainly didn't know he would be photographed, of course, but he might have also not wanted the girls to know who he was. I wonder if people who might normally recognize him would not with the different, heavier shape, etc....

Or, knowing the girls and vice versa, did he coax the girls "down the hill" to show them something that they might be curious about -- something he found while he was fishing or hunting -- a buried chest or a big animal bone which he couldn't identify, etc., etc.

I have a tuff time believing that the killer is an outsider just traveling through Delphi -- he could be, I guess, a drifter who slept in those woods and just happened to see the girls. If this is the case, he is certainly long gone and will never be caught -- unless he is a serial killer drifting through, and somehow LE makes the connection.

Arrrrggghhhh.

I don't discount your theory at all. Very possible. The only thing that I can't figure out though, is that if were let's say a meth "lab" wouldn't they have taken major precautions? Fire trucks etc? Or if it were just a major distribution ring I would think ATF and DEA would definitely have been present during search warrant JMO
I agree here. In my area when a meth lab is discovered the LE peeps wears hazmat suits and there are various staging and collection areas outdoors on the lawn in the nearby area for different components of the drug meth manufacturing itself & other evidence , also. I guess if it's distribution by itself possibly hazmat precautions wouldn't be taken? I don't remember seeing any ATF or DEA signs on vehicles in pictures from the search of RLs property, tho there were a lot of vehicles and MSM didn't hit on those? Seems like they would have if they had saw them? PS: I don't manufacture or distribute, just a locals news junkie.Moo

Does anyone else remember wayyyyy back in the beginning, ... and I'm not sure if it was an actual 'quote' by LE, or if it was just 'reported' by reporters at the time.. but it was said that LE were 'treating' it as a double homicide?

I clearly remember this because it annoyed me when I heard it. At the time.. I had been waiting for the girls to be found, fully expecting that any moment it would be reported that they had been found safe. Instead, it was reported their bodies had been found and that police were 'treating' it as a double homicide.

I thought to myself, well of COURSE it's a double homicide, what ELSE would it be.. it kind of irritated me. When I go searching for that, I can't find police saying that, so it may have just been a reporter saying it that way (but even if so, where did the reporter get that from?).

I have always wondered about that, because it's not exactly a normal way to refer to a murder(s), and considering the way that police have referred to this case having a 'twist', and never in 30 years having seen something like in this case, and the thing about the 'nightmares'.. I have been wondering if it's possible that the killer somehow tried to make it *seem* as if it was something different than a double homicide. ie I have wondered if the killer could have even forced one of the girls to kill the other one, and then the killer killed the remaining one afterward.

Have been wanting to post this weird thought for awhile, but no time. If you disagree, that's fine, like mentioned, it is just a thought that passes through my mind. Not sure if this has ever been mentioned or thought of before because too difficult to read all of the posts. Respectful discussion welcomed.

That is an awful, awful thought that had never crossed my mind before and I am promptly putting it out of my mind. That being said, I found this link that refers to LE "treating it as a double homicide." It was the only one I could find.
http://www.jconline.com/story/opini...tlight-delphi-trail-after-homicides/97953648/

If he was/is a teacher, then he was probably at work that day, and a 6 hour drive would have been too much.

That day off school was a "winter snow" replacement day at school because the number of allotted snow days were not needed or used. School was out on Feb 13, when the girls were abducted and murdered.

Was this a school holiday, or was this holiday enacted in other schools, or was it the entire state? That is, what schools, other than the school that these girls attended, had a "winter snow" holiday on Feb 13?

Would someone please give me a link to the picture with the dog in it? tia

Could someone with know how grab a post from thead #37 post #435 by Msmarple.TIA

In Slocum says that the three of them were talking, that is why i don't think the girls felt threatened at the on set/at the bridge. Jmo

From that post: "Starting around 6:00 Slocum says LE doesn't know if there were multiple people there. He said LE is not saying the photograph and audio are the same person for sure. He says they believe he was talking to the girls - almost certain from the evidence they have. He says there are 13 people in jail right now due to arrests (not connected to the murders) while checking on tips."

BBM -- He does not say they were talking together. Slocum is talking about "down the hill" being said to the girls. Not that the three of them were talking together. MOO

What kind of machine? In Windows I believe it is Alt+printscrn. Then it should be copied to the clipboard. On iPhone or iPad, depress and hold the power button and hit the home button. You should hear a click and it will be in your camera roll.

Have people here looked into hunting and fishing seasons in the area at the time of the murders? Is it legal to just go hunting anywhere, and hunt for any animal, or does Delphi have laws about times and such? (I know they do in other places).

If someone is wearing something that is normally purchased as an accessory for a certain type of activity, it doesn't preclude someone from purchasing it as a handy accessory for an altogether different type of activity. So even if it might appear that BG was outfitted like a hunter, it wouldn't have to mean that he *was* a hunter (at least of wild animals), or that hunting was what he had been doing there that day.

I remember in a press conference, one of the reporters asking if police felt it was possible, within the timeframe between the time of death in relation to when the 2pm snapchat photo had been uploaded onto the net, that someone saw this, and then could have immediately went there to the Monon Bridge area for nefarious purposes. IIRC, the officer said the usual about not being able to give answers. People have talked about a 'kill kit'.. a guy could easily have such an accessory for other purposes, such as perhaps hunting a different species than the usual. moo

This has been unsolved long enough that I'd like to try something different, and I hope that everyone here will pitch in and add to the list.

I believe there is a possibility that the person who did this also murdered Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale Iowa on July 13, 2012. If we could make a list of facts that are common in both sets of murders, that might help us understand the man behind this. I'll start the list:

• two girls aged 8 and 10, and two other girls aged 13 and 14, abducted five years apart
  • both occurred on the 13th day of the month: Friday July 13, 2012 and Monday, Feb 13, 2017
  • girls were at local parks, but in an area where they were separated from other visitors
  • girl's bodies were found 50 feet from a slow river
  • at least one of each set of girls was an avid online communicator
  • at least one of each set lived part time with a grandparent
  • body locations are fishing/hunting/outdoorsman spots
  • body locations suggest that the suspect has a familiarity with the area surrounding the park
  • two set of girls have similar body types
  • State Rd 218 exists very close to both murders, perhaps less than a mile from 4 lane highways
  • both tiny rural towns.
  • Small, inexperienced (in major crimes) police force
  • Crimes both occurred in daylight hours (afternoon)
  • "Bridges" exist at both locations.
  • Weichman Pig dealing operations exist in both areas.
  • Adding dates of birthdays and years may add up to 32 depending on how you do it. The number has a lot of negativity to it from history.
  • Transco Railway products/services exist at both locations or very close (Logansport).
  • "Rails to Trails" is an active org in both locations.
  • Trails are located at both Monon High Bridge in Delphi and Meyers Lake in Evansdale (Evansdale Nature Trail/Cedar Valley Nature Trail)
  • Geocaches hidden at Monon High Bridge, Meyers Lake and Seven Bridges
  • The dates are also mirror images ... 7.13.12 and 2.13.17

I believe both are fairly close to meat packing places
    With the Iowa case, everyone assumed that it was someone local, but the fact that their bodies were found 20 miles away at Seven Bridges Park suggests that someone knows the bigger fishing and hunting geography.

That day off school was a "winter snow" replacement day at school because the number of allotted snow days were not needed or used. School was out on Feb 13, when the girls were abducted and murdered.

Was this a school holiday, or was this holiday enacted in other schools, or was it the entire state? That is, what schools, other than the school that these girls attended, had a "winter snow" holiday on Feb 13?

Each school district has their own schedule. Some do not take their snow days until the Spring.. some take them together., some have a couple of 4 day school day weeks ( Fridays off for several weeks )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an awful, awful thought that had never crossed my mind before and I am promptly putting it out of my mind. That being said, I found this link that refers to LE "treating it as a double homicide." It was the only one I could find.
http://www.jconline.com/story/opini...tlight-delphi-trail-after-homicides/97953648/

I've read the comments here about the quoted line "treating it as a double homicide" and at first was confused by what your concerns ever were. I am understanding the implications now, I think (I am in the minority in the world, as one who is exposed to virtually no social media of the FB/Twitter kind.) I just want to share that I heard those words completely and 100% as "we do not at the outset believe this to be accidental." I interpreted it as a statement by LE that they were wasting no time in opening a murder investigation, as opposed to exploring the possibilities of an accident. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member