IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-

I think the Police (in this case) spend too much time worried about Social Media posts and patroling internet rumors when they could flush this guy by being more aggressive and putting more pressure on him.

They could save a life by releasing audio and video and moving outside that tired box.

-

I brought up the backpack about 3 times now because it has not really been talked about much and I'm very curious about it as well. I really wish LE would release more info

In another early release they said duffle bag. If you saw on sitting somewhere I believe. So it sounds like they don't have a specific bag in mind. Maybe since it was early they were looking for clues and evidence based on common things.

I wouldn't say meth is popular as much as it's so addictive you go from a recreational user to addict within a handful of uses, if even that. The high is intense and gives you lots of energy, but dissipates quickly and coming off that rush of endorphines creates a vicious cycle of continuing to use to not crash. Long-term meth users can actually deplete their central nervous system's ability to produce endorphines due to constant overproduction and basically lose their ability to feel pleasure. The damage it does to your body is very quick - there's significant weight loss, damage to teeth and tooth loss, and can cause compulsive behaviors like skin picking and hallucinations. The "fun" effects of meth are quickly eclipsed by how physically and neurologically damaging it is. Its prevalence in rural communities, at least in my experience, was attributed to helping people who work long or over night shifts stay alert. It also was at one point fairly easy to make at home - a store where I went to college was shut down because it had a very popular section that just so happened to have all the chemicals and equipment needed for a home meth operation together.

Heroin is similar in that it's also highly addictive and quickly causes physical and neurological damage, but the high is different - euphoric, often causes passing out and an overdose is more likely to be fatal since it's an opiate and can stop respiratory function . The withdrawal from heroin is brutal and makes users feel extremely ill which fuels a cycle of getting high again to avoid those effects. Most people using heroin now are turning to it once they can no longer afford Rx opiates or want to use something more potent and more affordable. I've never heard of anyone using meth because they couldn't get pain killers - this is a completely different class of drugs as meth is a stimulant and heroin is a depressant. Heroin these days is rarely even just heroin now, but cut with even more powerful opiates like fentanyl which makes overdose even more likely. Emergency treatments for opiate overdose like Narcan are also less effective on fentanyl. Again, not a substance you can really be a recreational user of like marijuana or ecstasy, the damage/dependency effects are much stronger.

BG doesn't look like typical heroin or meth users - they tend to lose a lot of weight very quickly into using. If I had to guess a substance he'd be using, I'd go with old fashioned alcohol. BG's nose is the only feature we have some definition of and I thought it's possible he has rhinophyma due to how round and wide his nose is.
Great explanation

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hoping tomorrow brings news of an arrest...g'night

-

I think the Police (in this case) spend too much time worried about Social Media posts and patroling internet rumors when they could flush this guy by being more aggressive and putting more pressure on him.

They could save a life by releasing audio and video and moving outside that tired box.

-
I think the police in this case have had a lot of help from very experienced investigators and are making deliberate choices about what to do and release, and what not to do or release. They have so much more information than us so I don't feel it's fair to judge their actions. If they make one poor decision they could jeopardize the prosecution of the murderer, plus have thousands of people angry at them for botching such an important case.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

From that post: "Starting around 6:00 Slocum says LE doesn't know if there were multiple people there. He said LE is not saying the photograph and audio are the same person for sure. He says they believe he was talking to the girls - almost certain from the evidence they have. He says there are 13 people in jail right now due to arrests (not connected to the murders) while checking on tips."

BBM -- He does not say they were talking together. Slocum is talking about "down the hill" being said to the girls. Not that the three of them were talking together. MOO
Exactly. And, in fact, he goes on to say that Libby was "probably ... just as afraid as all get out, I can't imagine how scared she would have been at that time" when she started recording. Which means by the time he got to them, there probably wasn't going to be friendly conversation and the giving of directions. MOO of course.

I'm a little confused I don't disagree. I have great sympathy for addicts I know a few. I was just trying to explain meths appeal

So sorry, wasn't responding to you specifically just wanted to include your post because it was important to show the power of meth. My bad.

Is it true that a drifter who used meth would have to buy it? He couldn't lug around all the chemicals to make it?

Is it true that a drifter who used meth would have to buy it? He couldn't lug around all the chemicals to make it?

It's a process that's multistep and takes a fair amount of time, it would be hard to DIY outdoors. Several ingredients are now extremely hard to buy in the quantities you'd need to make your own, thankfully.

I mentioned his shoes some weeks back as people are less likely to throw them out, than clothing. I have seen a few true crime cases, including I think, those two teen in Nh some years back,who killed two professors in their home, where they still had the shoes that left impressions and at least one case where blood was found on a shoe later on.
Perry Smith's boots, which matched bloody footprints at the scene of the murders, is what cinched the case in the Clutter family murders (In Cold Blood).

This has been unsolved long enough that I'd like to try something different, and I hope that everyone here will pitch in and add to the list.

I believe there is a possibility that the person who did this also murdered Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale Iowa on July 13, 2012. If we could make a list of facts that are common in both sets of murders, that might help us understand the man behind this. I'll start the list:

• two girls aged 8 and 10, and two other girls aged 13 and 14, abducted five years apart
  • both occurred on the 13th day of the month: Friday July 13, 2012 and Monday, Feb 13, 2017
  • girls were at local parks, but in an area where they were separated from other visitors
  • girl's bodies were found 50 feet from a slow river
  • at least one of each set of girls was an avid online communicator
  • at least one of each set lived part time with a grandparent
  • body locations are fishing/hunting/outdoorsman spots
  • body locations suggest that the suspect has a familiarity with the area surrounding the park
  • two set of girls have similar body types
  • State Rd 218 exists very close to both murders, perhaps less than a mile from 4 lane highways
  • both tiny rural towns.
  • Small, inexperienced (in major crimes) police force
  • Crimes both occurred in daylight hours (afternoon)
  • "Bridges" exist at both locations.
  • Weichman Pig dealing operations exist in both areas.
  • Adding dates of birthdays and years may add up to 32 depending on how you do it. The number has a lot of negativity to it from history.
  • Transco Railway products/services exist at both locations or very close (Logansport).
  • "Rails to Trails" is an active org in both locations.
  • Trails are located at both Monon High Bridge in Delphi and Meyers Lake in Evansdale (Evansdale Nature Trail/Cedar Valley Nature Trail)
  • Geocaches hidden at Monon High Bridge, Meyers Lake and Seven Bridges
  • The dates are also mirror images ... 7.13.12 and 2.13.17

I believe both are fairly close to meat packing places
    With the Iowa case, everyone assumed that it was someone local, but the fact that their bodies were found 20 miles away at Seven Bridges Park suggests that someone knows the bigger fishing and hunting geography.
Wow , Otto, You've really been sleuthing. That's a lot of information you've collected there.

The Weichman Pig Dealer , Meat Packing place and Transco Railway being in these both these places , the Railways to railways, the outdoor , woodsy areas, plus the 2 sweet girls murdered in each place seems interesting

I pray often for whoever murdered these little girls is in the big house real soon.

Lyric, Elizabeth, Liberty , and Abigail are gone now, but certainly will not forgotten . Justice will be served, no doubt about that.

I'm really new here, so gotta ask: If, in fact, the 3 businesses mentioned above are indeed in both cities where these 4 girls were killed, would this info be the kind of info that should be called in as a tip? IMOHO

Hey One and All,

This thread will be closing very shortly.

Be Right Back.

Tricia

Time to wrap it up for the night.

Get your rest we'll see you back here in the A.M

Tricia ;)

Good Morning Everyone!

Just wanted to throw this out there. IMHO, I believe the perp just may be a hunter. So, I checked out the waterfowl season in the area. According to this website, the 2016-2017 Watefowl, Migratory Bird Hunting Season is as follows:

For Canada geese, white-fronted geese, brant and light geese, season dates are:

• North Zone: Sept. 3-11, Oct. 22 to Nov. 20, and Dec. 10 to Feb. 12.
  • Central Zone: Sept. 3-11, Oct. 29 to Nov. 6, and Nov. 19 to Feb. 12
  • South Zone: Sept. 3-18, Oct. 29 to Nov. 6, and Nov. 26 to Feb. 12.
The light goose conservation order is Feb. 13 to March 31, statewide.

Dates for extended falconry seasons are:

• Ducks, coots and mergansers:
    — North Zone: Sept. 27-30, and Feb. 14 to March 10.
    — Central Zone: Oct. 22-28, and Feb. 17 to March 10.
    — South Zone: Oct. 22-28, and Feb. 17 to March 10.

http://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/2016-waterfowl-migratory-bird-hunting-seasons-announced

I have to say... the fact that the FBI and perhaps other jurisdictions have backed away- tells me they may be closer to BG than further away. We just don't know and this is just my HO.

I'll go even further cause IMO they already have him locked up albeit on other charges. I can't see them allowing someone as dangerous as this wander freely amongst the populace. I really think he's already apprehended.

Exactly, who is the "deerhunter"

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, wasn't that the name the killer in the prequel to The Silence of the Lambs (I think it was the Red Dragon or something like that) used? The original novel was called the Deer Hunter or something. Sorry to be so vague but seeing that name made me think of it.

In regards to this case though, I think the deerhunter was a person's username on another forum. They were posting creepy things about this case, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay