IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the footage from the news chopper that circled the area for 30 minutes or so, this is what I think happened...

This saw the girls headed toward the southeast side of the bridge (opposite side from where they were dropped off). He followed them in that direction, knowing that if he got to the end of the bridge and didn't encounter anybody else, then there wasn't anybody else out there (any newcomers to the bridge would need to be coming from the side he was walking away from). I think a security camera or trail cam mounted by one of homeowners on the southeast side of the bridge snapped his picture as he followed them. I think at some point the girls realized they were in danger and fled toward the creek (it doesn't look very far from the far end of the bridge to the south side of the creek). I think this caught up with them at the creek - maybe in it, maybe back on the north side after they crossed it.

Based on this theory, I definitely think he knows the area very well. No other way to be confident that nobody is going to suddenly show up once he reached the far end of the bridge.

In the pictures, I think he has his left hand in his pants pocket and his right hand is in the pocket of his hoodie because he is holding a weapon that won't fit in his pants pocket.

What makes me sick to my stomach, is that I don't think any of those details would help with identification or capture of this ... other than maybe the part about him knowing the area well.

No idea if he came there specifically because Abigail and Liberty were there, but there is no way it was a "crime of opportunity" in the truest sense. It was premeditated at least as far as he came there to kill people, even if he didn't know who yet.

RIP to those two sweet girls. And prayers to their families and their community.

Welcome lecarte.

After watching the footage from the news chopper that circled the area for 30 minutes or so, this is what I think happened...

This saw the girls headed toward the southeast side of the bridge (opposite side from where they were dropped off). He followed them in that direction, knowing that if he got to the end of the bridge and didn't encounter anybody else, then there wasn't anybody else out there (any newcomers to the bridge would need to be coming from the side he was walking away from). I think a security camera or trail cam mounted by one of homeowners on the southeast side of the bridge snapped his picture as he followed them. I think at some point the girls realized they were in danger and fled toward the creek (it doesn't look very far from the far end of the bridge to the south side of the creek). I think this caught up with them at the creek - maybe in it, maybe back on the north side after they crossed it.

Based on this theory, I definitely think he knows the area very well. No other way to be confident that nobody is going to suddenly show up once he reached the far end of the bridge.

In the pictures, I think he has his left hand in his pants pocket and his right hand is in the pocket of his hoodie because he is holding a weapon that won't fit in his pants pocket.

What makes me sick to my stomach, is that I don't think any of those details would help with identification or capture of this ... other than maybe the part about him knowing the area well.

No idea if he came there specifically because Abigail and Liberty were there, but there is no way it was a "crime of opportunity" in the truest sense. It was premeditated at least as far as he came there to kill people, even if he didn't know who yet.

RIP to those two sweet girls. And prayers to their families and their community.

My thought re: how well he knew the area and the trails--if he had been here "scouting" prior to this particular time. Wouldn't he have been smart enough to search for any signs of surveillance devices? Also: as I'm a latecomer to this thread, are there surveillance cams/devices at the Delphi Historic Trails?

I'm not Bob, and I'm not sure what big building you're referring to, but I'm guessing it's the barn with the dome top? I can't find any info on it, but my guess would be possibly a highway dept. storage building for salt/lime/sand or something similar.

I've marked the dome building with orange so you can where it is in reference to the other areas of interest (also marked).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gsTrj21lPIdCAw30dM74sP2JLoY&usp=sharing

THANK YOU!!! Thank you, thank you!! Yes, so that domed building is not the meat packing plant. I wonder what that is? You see that other rectangular building closer to W300N on that same property area? That is where the set of tire tracks leave and go out towards the grass. When you zoom in, you can see that is really a dead end driveway, it doesnt link to that 300 street. But a set of tire tracks went all the way down there. Might be nothing, but it was curious to me and obviously the helicopter camera guy! lol

Probably nothing to worry about, but it's bugging me. Strolling on Streetview on Bicycle Bridge Rd in October 2009, just a bit past the 11036 addy we have this.

What's with the yellow tape in that street view shot? My Websleuthian mind goes to crime scene tape, but what other purpose could that yellow tape be serving? Anyone else have thoughts on that?

I'm new wasn't sure if I could send to other users through private message.

Wanted others opinions. This guy to me has some very similar traits

OK, now I gotcha. You're free to consult other members through a pm, but if you feel strongly about this, as it seems you do, don't delay. Just send it straight to LE. You can have confidence in your observation. Sure, your opinion may be wrong, but that's OK. Better wrong than silent. I say go for it. :)
JMO

I'm not Bob, and I'm not sure what big building you're referring to, but I'm guessing it's the barn with the dome top? I can't find any info on it, but my guess would be possibly a highway dept. storage building for salt/lime/sand or something similar.

I've marked the dome building with orange so you can where it is in reference to the other areas of interest (also marked).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gsTrj21lPIdCAw30dM74sP2JLoY&usp=sharing

Sorry to work you more, but do you think you can mark where they were dropped off for me? Thanks! :)

JMO, In order for the POI to become a suspect, LE has him in custody now! LE can't simply name someone a suspect unless they have the evidence otherwise the Guy would remain as POI, so he, in my opinion, they already have him ib custody. Perhaps they need a Judge lay the charges.I do not know..to

My thought re: how well he knew the area and the trails--if he had been here "scouting" prior to this particular time. Wouldn't he have been smart enough to search for any signs of surveillance devices?

That's a good point. On the flip side though, I don't think the possibility of some sort of surveillance immediately comes to mind in a rural, mostly secluded setting like that.

Also: as I'm a latecomer to this thread, are there surveillance cams/devices at the Delphi Historic Trails?

I'm not sure, but if the camera is where I think it was, it would probably place it on private property. Trail cameras are very popular in rural Indiana (I live in the Indy area, but have friends and family who live "in the sticks" and I'd say at least half of them have trail cams). There are also some pretty nice looking homes on that side of the creek... wouldn't be surprised is of one of those homeowners put up some sort of security camera near their side of the bridge.

Probably nothing to worry about, but it's bugging me. Strolling on Streetview on Bicycle Bridge Rd in October 2009, just a bit past the 11036 addy we have this.

What's with the yellow tape in that street view shot? My Websleuthian mind goes to crime scene tape, but what other purpose could that yellow tape be serving? Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Crime tape or caution tape, maybe. Good eye, though! Def google that address to see if there is a past crime that is associated with it! Creepy!

Surveyors tape? Marking property line?

http://www.presco.com/roll-flagging/

JMO, In order for the POI to become a suspect, LE has him in custody now! LE can't simply name someone a suspect unless they have the evidence otherwise the Guy would remain as POI, so he, in my opinion, they already have him ib custody. Perhaps they need a Judge lay the charges.I do not know..to

Plenty of people are suspects without being in custody. They are still asking people to identify him. I think if they had him, they would be all too happy to let the community breathe a sigh of relief.

That's a good point. On the flip side though, I don't think the possibility of some sort of surveillance immediately comes to mind in a rural, mostly secluded setting like that.

I'm not sure, but if the camera is where I think it was, it would probably place it on private property. Trail cameras are very popular in rural Indiana (I live in the Indy area, but have friends and family who live "in the sticks" and I'd say at least half of them have trail cams). There are also some pretty nice looking homes on that side of the creek... wouldn't be surprised is of one of those homeowners put up some sort of security camera near their side of the bridge.

Big Brother is EVERYWHERE!!!! :)

That would be nice, but LE names suspects all the time without immediately taking them into custody. The suspect Lennie Ames in my signature case was a POI for two years before being named a suspect a year ago. He's still free. LE has enough evidence to name him a suspect but not enough to arrest him for murder and make it stick, unfortunately.

[video=twitter;833586446145556480]https://twitter.com/NaomiPescovitz/status/833586446145556480[/video]
Naomi Pescovitz ✔ @NaomiPescovitz
Keep sharing! He's now a suspect.

[video=twitter;833508207729471490]https://twitter.com/ISPIndianapolis/status/833508207729471490[/video]
Sgt. John Perrine ✔ @ISPIndianapolis
Somebody can identify this man

Look closely at the hat & coat. It's ok if you're wrong, just please 📞844-459-5786 w/ tips

We MUST find him

[video=twitter;833508207729471490]https://twitter.com/ISPIndianapolis/status/833508207729471490[/video]
Sgt. John Perrine ✔ @ISPIndianapolis
Somebody can identify this man

Look closely at the hat & coat. It's ok if you're wrong, just please 844-459-5786 w/ tips

We MUST find him

wow that post by sgt john perrine makes me worried they have zero leads =\

I'm beginning to question the offender being local. Delphi only has 3k? only 40 percent or so of the males are in the target age ranges <20,30,40s>, then there's what, 5 or 6 hundred men in the local pool, tops. I imagine that is a smallish data base for le, especially with all the fbi & homeland security tech support. What do we know about killers' preferred distances from their home and work?

I'm always up crazy hours and happy to lend you, or anyone, a pair of eyes and an open mind.

Please note that Sargent Perrine said "It's OK if you're wrong. Just call with tips." In other words don't hold back if you have a hunch. LE doesn't care if you give them a tip that doesn't pan out. They need your help. It could be someone from a nearby town who works in the area. Or a visiting relative who lives elsewhere. Or a long haul truck driver. Or.....

Once again, I say the Suspect is connected to the home that LE and FBI raided/searched last Thursday @ 11003 Bicycle Bridge Rd.Delphi. Just wait until they announce the name of the Perp! Otherwise, we can speculate forever. JMO
We know the timeline, so what more can we do other than to go back and research the home they raided. We know the timeline,Abby died on Feb 14th , Libby Feb 13th. My guess is that they endured a horrific ordeal. JMO

I can see major similarities in the link you shared but that individual was incarcerated, IIRC.

I brought-up this link, though....
http://www.icrimewatch.net/results....drZip=46923&AddrZipPlus=&excludeIncarcerated=

Possibly one of those, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member