IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just happened in Pulaski County, IN, which appears to be just north of Carroll County, IN. I'm not saying it's related to the girls at all, but it was an abduction of a young girl.

[video=twitter;846737541244108800]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/846737541244108800[/video]

Rich Van Wyk@VanwykWTHR 9m
9 minutes ago

Police chase ends in Pulaski co. Man suspected of abducting juvenile girl was shot and killed. She's ok ISP is investigating #wthr

(Marking my spot.)

What if you were regularly in the area or owned the property and your DNA is all over? It doesn't make you guilty of these murders. DNA doesn't tell the whole story and that was my point.

Bingo. That's why DNA is not direct evidence of a crime. It is looked at in conjunction with other circumstantial evidence and any available direct evidence. What you mentioned is also what a defense attorney will try to argue in some cases. There might be another explanation for the presence of the DNA. The evidence must be looked at in its totality, linking all of the circumstances together.

Saving my spot

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Totally new question, has anyone tried interpolating data from both images to get a clearer picture of BG? I was inspired by NIN's most recent GIF, wondering how closely the two images could be matched up and if that would help isolate details from either image. I used to do photoshop work professionally and taught it as well, but my skills are pretty rusty these days and I have no forensic-specific experience. Thoughts?

I think those are reasonable inferences given the little we know.

I agree and like others think it has been discussed at nauseum, but what hasn't been in this case? So few details and that's just where we are at, nothing left to do but speculate on the facts that we have (which are very few) already discussed for 40 threads. We all want answers but until LE releases new info, I'm afraid we are stuck on this merry go round.....moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic but there is a theory that bubbles up here from time to time in relation to ppl involved in drug trade in that area of IN. There was mention of a recent house fire. Can anyone who has local ties explain what a possible connection might be between the murders of the girls and the house fire? tia

I want to post about a RSO with an uncanny resemblance to BG. I emailed Tricia and another mod so I'm just waiting for permission and then i'll let you guys know. You will be blown away.

Totally new question, has anyone tried interpolating data from both images to get a clearer picture of BG? I was inspired by NIN's most recent GIF, wondering how closely the two images could be matched up and if that would help isolate details from either image. I used to do photoshop work professionally and taught it as well, but my skills are pretty rusty these days and I have no forensic-specific experience. Thoughts?

Good point.

If you had let's say 5 good (unblurred) images, you could get an average that should approximate the real. the problem is the resolution is so bad that it would make a good average, but a continued low resolution average. But.. might help. FBI has probably looked at this.

throwing a dumb question out there: Can someone use the Freedom of Information Act in this case to make LE open up? I know there are things that we do not need to know and things we do not want to know. I also understand LE needs to keep certain things close to the vest so to say so please, let's dispense with those retorts. But when LE comes to the masses and says "we need your help" and hands everyone a photo ONE person will recognize and a voice ONE person will recognize, how are we supposed to 'help'?

(Marking my spot.)

I really hope that this is BG, for a couple reasons. Abby and Libby's family would not have to go through the pain of a trial, and BG would be gone without ever being able to hurt anyone again. Also, it would mean that there isn't another sex offender out there abducting young girls. I will wait anxiously to hear more about this. Shot and killed indicates to me that this suspect had a weapon that he used to fire upon LE, otherwise I think they would have been able to capture him alive...JMO..hoping.

I really hope that this is BG, for a couple reasons. Abby and Libby's family would not have to go through the pain of a trial, and BG would be gone without ever being able to hurt anyone again. Also, it would mean that there isn't another sex offender out there abducting young girls. I will wait anxiously to hear more about this. Shot and killed indicates to me that this suspect had a weapon that he used to fire upon LE, otherwise I think they would have been able to capture him alive...JMO..hoping.

Here's a little more information. Still no identity released of the kidnapper, but it says he kidnapped his own daughter.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/03/28/suspect-down-early-morning-shooting/99721350/

Police say the incident began at around 4:30 a.m., when a man in a 1999 GMC Yukon pulled into a residence in Warren County, dragged a girl into his vehicle, and drove away.

Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's Deputies spotted the Yukon a short time later and attempted to stop the vehicle. When the driver did not stop, the deputies chased the vehicle through Tippecanoe, Carroll Counties.

At around 6:30 a.m., one mile into Pulaski County, the Yukon struck a semi and a car being driven by the Monon, Ind. town marshal and drove into a ditch.

http://www.wibc.com/news/local-news/police-pulaski-co-officers-shoot-kill-man-who-abducted-girl

So, probably not related to the girls' murders, but I would still like to see a picture of this guy.

throwing a dumb question out there: Can someone use the Freedom of Information Act in this case to make LE open up? I know there are things that we do not need to know and things we do not want to know. I also understand LE needs to keep certain things close to the vest so to say so please, let's dispense with those retorts. But when LE comes to the masses and says "we need your help" and hands everyone a photo ONE person will recognize and a voice ONE person will recognize, how are we supposed to 'help'?

No. FOIA requests don't cover ongoing investigations. They are exempt from having to provide any documents.

Im definitely staying out of trouble. go see my post from a few mins ago. Let's all just pretend we are zebras and giraffes 😂
Good post too! I was out in the torrential rain getting my son and just saw it. I think that LE was counting on just that type of body recognition which is why so many of us wished so hard for the moving video. I really hope someone did identify this guy due to his body posture/shape etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Short answer...no. Not in an open homicide investigation. That is not public record, nor is it covered under FOIA accessibility. In fact, I tried to gain info about a 30yr old homicide in east central IN a couple yrs back(because it was oddly not listed with the cold cases, so I assumed maybe it had been solved w/o my being aware) and the local sheriff's dept refused to give me ANY info aside from "this is considered an open investigation" and an IN code number explaining that open homicide investigations were off limits.

Hah! I was afraid you were going to ask me to step outside for a round of fisticuffs.

It's not about who is wrong or who is right, but we are all making a number of assumptions, me included, without the police confirming or releasing so many details. I'll gladly be wrong on everything as long as LE gets this guy and makes sure no other children are deprived of a life to fulfill their dreams and potential. I apologize if I came off too strident to you or anyone else.
Haha my bark is far worse than my bite. I totally agree with you, most of what we discuss is speculation. We have very little information to form any kind if definitive explanation for what took place.

I am so with you on this, no matter what we agree or disagree on all that matters is that this guy is caught.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I agree and like others think it has been discussed at nauseum, but what hasn't been in this case? So few details and that's just where we are at, nothing left to do but speculate on the facts that we have (which are very few) already discussed for 40 threads. We all want answers but until LE releases new info, I'm afraid we are stuck on this merry go round.....moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm waiting for a shoelace vs Velcro argument..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not a lawyer but I would guess in an ongoing criminal investigation the answer is no to FOIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay