IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
throwing a dumb question out there: Can someone use the Freedom of Information Act in this case to make LE open up? I know there are things that we do not need to know and things we do not want to know. I also understand LE needs to keep certain things close to the vest so to say so please, let's dispense with those retorts. But when LE comes to the masses and says "we need your help" and hands everyone a photo ONE person will recognize and a voice ONE person will recognize, how are we supposed to 'help'?

And it's not a dumb question at all [emoji4]

Bingo. That's why DNA is not direct evidence of a crime. It is looked at in conjunction with other circumstantial evidence and any available direct evidence. What you mentioned is also what a defense attorney will try to argue in some cases. There might be another explanation for the presence of the DNA. The evidence must be looked at in its totality, linking all of the circumstances together.
Thats why we were very specific on what kind of dna. Others are turning this into something it wasnt. We're talking about sperm, saliva, blood, dna under fingernails that would be directly related to the crime.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Police say the incident began at around 4:30 a.m., when a man in a 1999 GMC Yukon pulled into a residence in Warren County, dragged a girl into his vehicle, and drove away.

Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's Deputies spotted the Yukon a short time later and attempted to stop the vehicle. When the driver did not stop, the deputies chased the vehicle through Tippecanoe, Carroll Counties.

At around 6:30 a.m., one mile into Pulaski County, the Yukon struck a semi and a car being driven by the Monon, Ind. town marshal and drove into a ditch.

http://www.wibc.com/news/local-news/police-pulaski-co-officers-shoot-kill-man-who-abducted-girl

So, probably not related to the girls' murders, but I would still like to see a picture of this guy.
Me too!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thats why we were very specific on what kind of dna. Others are turning this into something it wasnt. We're talking about sperm, saliva, blood, dna under fingernails that would be directly related to the crime.

Just when I thought we were safely on shore...[emoji4]

<modsnip>

attachment.php
I just can't get over this...many similarities

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-03-28 at 12.06.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2017-03-28 at 12.06.50 PM.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 310
Just when I thought we were safely on shore...[emoji4]

Im sorry I cant help myself, Ill let it go, I promise.

This is a rural area so depending on your definition of weapon it may be that you would find more people on the trail with than without. I don't know any males in this town that would be caught without a knife. Women carry knifes, pepper spray, batons, guns, and who knows what else. Why do you think the sheriff recommended people carry if they had a permit after this happened? This isn't a big city where people that "carry" to commit crime. These folks carry to prevent it.

How bad would you feel if you came across this crime and couldn't help those girls?

Thanks for that....

Coming in relatively new to the case ...... the Land owner does seem a valid candidate.

Has it been mentioned or discovered that he used the trail to walk to town as a shortcut? .....

I just caught up on his DUI's .... is it possible that he would walk to town rather than drive..... I know his not young....

but I checked out the topography from his house and there appears to be areas he could access as short cuts through his property that lead to relatively flat land ....and an easy crossing over the river .....where the girls were found.

I saw one interview where he showed a reporter (pointed to) the spot the girls were found...... he appeared quite spritely with a quick step..... he had to walk there for the interview....shows he has the stamina to do so easily.... (just an observation).

throwing a dumb question out there: Can someone use the Freedom of Information Act in this case to make LE open up? I know there are things that we do not need to know and things we do not want to know. I also understand LE needs to keep certain things close to the vest so to say so please, let's dispense with those retorts. But when LE comes to the masses and says "we need your help" and hands everyone a photo ONE person will recognize and a voice ONE person will recognize, how are we supposed to 'help'?
LE records are exempt

Im sorry I cant help myself, Ill let it go, I promise.

We actually are in agreement if it's a specific type.

I know I'm more agitated waiting for justice for Abby and Libby. I can't imagine how the families or investigators feel. Not sure how many details the families know, but the LEOs know and I can't imagine that's easy no matter how they have to detach to do a thorough job for Abby and Libby.

We actually are in agreement if it's a specific type.

I know I'm more agitated waiting for justice for Abby and Libby. I can't imagine how the families or investigators feel. Not sure how many details the families know, but the LEOs know and I can't imagine that's easy no matter how they have to detach to do a thorough job for Abby and Libby.
Agreed, as much as we're struggling I cant even imagine what it must be like for those closely involved, especially the families. Please let them get this guy and soon!

What to do, what to do....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Exactly!! I haven't been able to shake those similarities from the beginning. Also, the lack of knowledge about cell phones and not taking them with makes sense if he is that age...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
And the DNA would be sketchy because he owns the land hence ...it's everywhere

And te DNA would be sketchy because he owns the land hence ...it's everywhere

I would imagine that would depend on where they found it... If it was recovered on autopsy because of a sexual assault or under fingernails that would be different then if it was found on a tree stump... I have thought all along they searched RL's home for evidence of the girls being in his home...all JMO.

I would imagine that would depend on where they found it... If it was recovered on autopsy because of a sexual assault or under fingernails that would be different then if it was found on a tree stump... I have thought all along they searched RL's home for evidence of the girls being in his home...all JMO.
Jumping off that statement and trying to be as PC as I can. How long does DNA remain on a tree stump if one were to ... go to the bathroom ... on said stump?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what happens to property (truck) after it's been searched for evidence. Is it returned to the owners property? Is it held for owner pick-up?

Does anyone know what happens to property (truck) after it's been searched for evidence. Is it returned to the owners property? Is it held for owner pick-up?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that would depend on whether they found any evidence linking the truck to the crime...If they did then I would imagine the owner would be unlikely to ever get the truck back ( at least not until after the trial)... that's a guess...

Yeah right, look at the Casey Anthony's car

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

No. The FOIA has 9 excemptions, 1 of which is law enforcement records that would be damaging to the law enforcement process. Not to mention this crime happened less than 2 months ago. LE has a process that is NOT transparent - we can watch all the crime shows we want, but that doesn't make us cops. They are doing their job and the things they know that they aren't sharing are 1. for good reason, and 2. maybe none of our business. There are facts critical to this case, I'm sure, that the public has no need or right to ever see. Let's not forget that these girls and their families deserve some semblance of privacy, and things that WE think we deserve to know, may be things that LE determines the public doesn't need to know, will not help solve the case, and may only hurt the family.

Do you think we should have seen RL's truck returned if there was no evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel