IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a rural area so depending on your definition of weapon it may be that you would find more people on the trail with than without. I don't know any males in this town that would be caught without a knife. Women carry knifes, pepper spray, batons, guns, and who knows what else. Why do you think the sheriff recommended people carry if they had a permit after this happened? This isn't a big city where people that "carry" to commit crime. These folks carry to prevent it.

How bad would you feel if you came across this crime and couldn't help those girls?

Yes, it is just speculation. No one in LE/MSM has mentioned him having or using a weapon of any kind.

Thanks for that....

Coming in relatively new to the case ...... the Land owner does seem a valid candidate.

Has it been mentioned or discovered that he used the trail to walk to town as a shortcut? .....

I just caught up on his DUI's .... is it possible that he would walk to town rather than drive..... I know his not young....

but I checked out the topography from his house and there appears to be areas he could access as short cuts through his property that lead to relatively flat land ....and an easy crossing over the river .....where the girls were found.

I saw one interview where he showed a reporter (pointed to) the spot the girls were found...... he appeared quite spritely with a quick step..... he had to walk there for the interview....shows he has the stamina to do so easily.... (just an observation).

IMO, I don't think RL is BG. Is he accomplice after the fact? Possibly, I just don't see the same guy in the comparison pictures.

What I cant wrap my head around is the fact that this appears to be a crime of opportunity. No one could have known those girls would be there unless they were family or it was discussed at school and someone overheard.

Who goes to a seemingly empty trail with weapon(s) on hand? What purpose would he have to be carrying any kind of weapon out there on his own?

If he did just happen upon the girls and decided to approach them, which we can only speculate as to why, especially without more information on COD, he would have had to be fairly confident no one else was out there. Although, its a very rural area there are homes nearby, cemetary etc. He had to have been familiar enough with the area to believe no one would see, hear or come along that way.

I just cant see how he just happened upon them, ready with a weapon and the mindset to attack. Makes me believe he had done this before giving him the confidence to do it in an open area and with two victims.

I also wonder if it was premeditated and he was someone who knew they would be out there so he came prepared.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Little FYI: we do know from Libby's IG account another friend was invited to go along but was unable to go.That adds a another potential person who could have inadvertently shared their location. It also (IMO) greatly decreases the chance that there was a Catfish situation because if there was a plan to meet someone then the other invited friend would probably have been told.

I'm also back to thinking that this could have been someone they knew. Logically you would assume that if they knew him they would say his name. However I was recently watching When Murder Calls on ID and a young woman and her husband were murdered by her stepfather and the stepfather's nephew.. She managed to call 911 and was trying to give a description to the operator while literally begging for her life. She was unfamiliar with the area so she was trying to say anything she could think of to give the operator an idea of where they were. Despite being quick enough to try to let the operator know where they were at no point did she mention the names of the two killers.Jennifer could be heard literally begging her stepfather not to kill her but she never said his name.

Thanks for that....

Coming in relatively new to the case ...... the Land owner does seem a valid candidate.

Has it been mentioned or discovered that he used the trail to walk to town as a shortcut? .....

I just caught up on his DUI's .... is it possible that he would walk to town rather than drive..... I know his not young....

but I checked out the topography from his house and there appears to be areas he could access as short cuts through his property that lead to relatively flat land ....and an easy crossing over the river .....where the girls were found.

I saw one interview where he showed a reporter (pointed to) the spot the girls were found...... he appeared quite spritely with a quick step..... he had to walk there for the interview....shows he has the stamina to do so easily.... (just an observation).

RL has been sleuthed to no end. Based on the images, does not look like BG to me.

However, since LE has not ruled him out, I don't think anyone can say with 100% certainty that he has no knowledge or involvement whatsoever.

One of the most frustrating things from the perspective of someone in the public, is how tight LE is playing this, and the little information we do have. If you think about it, we have a low quality picture, a soundbyte of three words, and a timeline. We're all grasping at straws here.

But I guess I understand...... MOO

I think that schools should start teaching children what to do under dangerous circumstances... Maybe once a year police should visit with a preventive program of some kind. We live in a society where children are being targeted more often for crime.

If this saves just one life it would be worth the time and expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Delphi has "smart"meters? Where I live the power and water usage can be tracked very closely. We are billed by "time of day" as well as date, and encouraged to use resources during low usage times. It would be interesting to see if RL alibi matches up with his usage on the 13th. Water usage would be particularly interesting ...showers,clothes washing.....

Today I am taking scholarship applications around to the high schools in my area. While doing it I will be thinking of Abby and Liberty who will never get to go to college. I hope when I come home some how there will be a break in this case. I will be speaking with guidance counselors today and I am going to mention the girls and the safety program I talked about earlier.

Wish me luck...

Does anyone know if Delphi has "smart"meters? Where I live the power and water usage can be tracked very closely. We are billed by "time of day" as well as date, and encouraged to use resources during low usage times. It would be interesting to see if RL alibi matches up with his usage on the 13th. Water usage would be particularly interesting ...showers,clothes washing.....
That would be interesting if he had one.

Based on growing up in a small rural community, I tend to doubt that kind of thing fits in a tight municipal budget. Even if they do, you would also need to know if he's on the municipal water supply. I don't know about Indiana, but out here in Arizona, rural land sometimes has its own well. When I was a kid, a lot of people didn't even have that; they had to haul water.

Based on growing up in a small rural community, I tend to doubt that kind of thing fits in a tight municipal budget. Even if they do, you would also need to know if he's on the municipal water supply. I don't know about Indiana, but out here in Arizona, rural land sometimes has its own well. When I was a kid, a lot of people didn't even have that; they had to haul water.

It looks like Duke Energy has smart gas meters in the area. RL may be on propane. Did anyone notice tanks on his property?

It looks like Duke Energy has smart gas meters in the area. RL may be on propane. Did anyone notice tanks on his property?

I think those gas meters are used more for natural gas. Duke energy isn't in the propane business.

Not familiar with Delphi, but very familiar with acreages ...

With a 40 acre property, wouldn't he have a water well, and therefore he is not connected to Delphi water service or meters?

It's definitely reaching at straws if LE were to investigate everyone who showered and did laundry on the day of a murder. Can you imagine how many wrongful convictions that sort of "guilt" assumption would lead to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that schools should start teaching children what to do under dangerous circumstances... Maybe once a year police should visit with a preventive program of some kind. We live in a society where children are being targeted more often for crime.

If this saves just one life it would be worth the time and expense.

I don't think that's going to happen because parents of children who are abducted after completing a school based program about avoiding abduction will sue the school system.

It's definitely reaching at straws if LE were to investigate everyone who showered and did laundry on the day of a murder. Can you imagine how many wrongful convictions that sort of "guilt" assumption would lead to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was wondering about RL's alibi. Was he shopping for fish during the hours he claimed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho