IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great seeing the faces lined up. Further makes me think it's not a match. The nose is longer on BG amongst other things. MOO
Oh NIN,

Lining up the faces like that...wow

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If BG had been in military combat training is there a chance he would have been taught how to handle captured prisoners?

What if BG immediately handcuffed the girls together and walked behind them with a gun? They would be unable to separate.

(Or used rope or zipties.)

Does anyone know when or if they are going to say the results and what evidence they found on the property owners home where Abby and Libby were found during their search in March?

Hello Websleuths Darlings,

In case you missed it[video=youtube;AS24hYv_X8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS24hYv_X8Q&list=PLm8YOVMTz18HSfgvOn7eBtCVaCghbLHws[/video] CLICK for all the videos put together by Grayhuze.

Fantastic Job! Thank you

I am bumping Tricia's post. This is a must see in terms of bridge referencing related to BG location. It also gives the big picture overview of bridge to crime scene. It shows exactly how the conclusion of accuracy was formed. I agree with Tricia... Fantastic job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when or if they are going to say the results and what evidence they found on the property owners home where Abby and Libby were found during their search in March?

I don't think that will be released. Maybe if there is an arrest, but even then they'd want to wait for it to go to trial. If this case does, and I pray it does, then we'll know a lot more about what may have happened and what evidence was recovered.

JMO - for the time being I'm leaning more towards him being just some sick, twisted individual..who'd been lurking around the area & spotted the girls alone. Could be a local, or someone from a nearby town who knew people there or the area well enough to know about the trails/bridge or could even be someone who'd been doing work somewhere close by & maybe after work went for a walk exploring and found the place & possibly had been there other days besides that day, maybe actually watching for someone to target.

ETA: I don't rule out he could have had someone w/him.

I transcribed portions of the interview yesterday and the transcript can be found on the media thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-maps-amp-timelines&p=13271138#post13271138 (or post #30 on this thread) for anyone who wants to read it.

This interview was very enlightening as Ezrah suggested.

Thank you, Websight. Bringing it over from the media thread:

LEO Tony Slocum's radio interview on WBAT on March 23, 2017, one week ago.

http://www.wbat.com/episode/tony-slocum/

Here are a few quotes that I thought were notable:

“They (Abby and Libby) probably did have a chance to separate and stayed together for whatever reason...”

“I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparantly had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death. I don't know the situation...I don't know if there was multiple people there because we still don't know.”

“...we released a voice and we released a photograph but we're not saying they're the same person because quite frankly we don't know.”

When asked if he (Slocum and other LEO's) tries to draw a profile of who they are ultimately going to get. “Do you (Slocum) have an image in your mind of what this guy's going to be when you finally announce it?”

LEO Slocum: “...But the image I have is that photo, that's what I keep coming back to and trying to figure out what that face looks like and people say "hey why don't you enhance the photo?" well we have, its a photo, a still image that we've created...from Liberty's phone, it's a video so we made a picture out of it, that's why it's blurry.”

“...so, that's the image I have in my head and other investigators because you don't to get caught up in what does a criminal look like, you know we think it's that person (in the photo) or at least, at the very least, that person, that photo has participated, so we try to stick with that, and if the facts change, then they change, and we'll move on from there.”

Regarding Social Media:

“But it's a dangerous game and I know the public on social media and other sites have been naming suspects and that's a dangerous game
because we haven't named a suspect other than that person in the picture but they're putting a photograph of their neighbor next to the picture
saying hey this is him and that's dangerous and that's just not fair to anyone. So I ask people to be responsible on the social media sites."

"The extreme attention this case has received has created more social media postings and things like that. At three separate occasions we've either served a search warrant or we just went to talk to someone, whether they were a witness or not and the public just overreacted, saying that we had arrested someone and it gets to the point where now the media is saying is this true and on three separate occasions I had to send out repeated text messages from myself, saying no, no, no, please quit jumping to conclusions, we'llmake an announcement if we do arrest. We're not hiding anything."

"...we have people assigned to monitor social media.”

Do you worry, that whoever this suspect is, that they just happened tobe there that day and they are now long gone and they're a wanderer
and they just literally fade into nothingness?

LEO Slocum: “Yeah I do worry about that, I mean because we haven't made that arrest yet. As a police officer do I believe that's likely? I know the statistics very often that's not the case. I can't sit here and say it's not, that's why this is a nationwide case where the FBI utilized electronic billboards throughout the United States, I believe it was 46 states, trying to get information about this murder. We understand, because of the closeness, the trail is right, I mean less than a mile off State Road 25, the new Stae Road 25, soit's quite possible someone get on, get off and this has happened.”

Regarding the suspect being a trucker or been given a ride by a trucker:

"It could be so I mean I don't want to speculate because that's not fair to anybody. We're going to go where the evidence leads us and we're working at it. I'm one hundred percent, in my mind, positive that we're going to make an arrest sooner rather than later.... I understand there's cases out there that haven't been solved throughout the United States but we're doing our best to make this not one of those cases."

“This is a very complex case..."

FWIW

This statement seems odd to me:

"I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparently had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death."

What does this mean? That maybe one was the intended victim but the other stayed? Or one had a chance to get away? Their love for each other causing their death? I hate to overanalyze and read anything into statements that might not be there, but this is wierd, imo.

Exactly-- he looks very comfortable on those tracks, as if he'd been on them many times before. Walking on the right side would come automatically to him, no matter that he could lose his balance and fall. You'd think a newbie or a visitor to that area would instinctively walk in the center. That's what I would do as I'm not from Delphi and have never actually walked on train tracks that are elevated.
I agree, but if he indeed had walked that bridge many times, you would think that someone had to have seen him at some point, especially if it's a hang out for local kids. Somebody would have said: "Oh, that's so-and-so!" This whole case is so frustrating. :(

Very possible-- but I think this type of crime required much more planning and "tools," for lack of a better word. He'd need a weapon or weapons to control the girls, some way to keep them under control once he had them at the actual crime scene (rope, tape, etc) and maybe even a change of clothes as he'd likely be covered in blood. Hate to be so gruesome about it, but this high risk crime was not spur of the moment. This was some guy's sick, twisted fantasy and he had been planning it for a long time. MOO

JMO - for the time being I'm leaning more towards him being just some sick, twisted individual..who'd been lurking around the area & spotted the girls alone. Could be a local, or someone from a nearby town who knew people there or the area well enough to know about the trails/bridge or could even be someone who'd been doing work somewhere close by & maybe after work went for a walk exploring and found the place & possibly had been there other days besides that day, maybe actually watching for someone to target.

ETA: I don't rule out he could have had someone w/him.

I'm going off in a different direction. JMOO Maybe I've been at it too long. Not sure.

I've read all threads, all posts. If I remember correctly, I've read it more than once, that one of the girls had an opportunity to get away. Instead, she chose to stay with her friend. Because she loved her, because they were inseparable. Heartbreaking. Just heartbreaking. May God have mercy on all of us seeking to find the answers here.

Maybe LE knows this from the recording, I'm not sure where exactly this info came from. My device and internet speed is in no condition to root through the vast amount of threats, posts, etc, for this particular comment( s)

Where I'm going- - - if it is true that one had the opportunity to leave, that seems to me to mean that the other girl was targeted. Does that seem too weird to contemplate? So, the other girl was the sole target? The other had the opportunity to leave, but didnt. If that's true, that means the man didn't care if the other girl left, didn't care that she was going to run for help, didn't care that she could ID him and be a perfect witness.

Why would the man not be afraid to let her go? Not be afraid to be identified?

I am not passing judgement on the girl who could have gotten away, but chose to stay. Never would I. My heart breaks for these girls and their families.

What I'm getting at, what could be the circumstance that this murderer would have allowed the other girl to get away? This has never made any sense to me.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance for helping me get a perspective or insight here.

I agree with some posters who have said that these statements indicate there was a chance to run, which perhaps it looks like that in the photo we see. Liberty is said to be either on the last platform, at the end of the bridge or completely off the bridge. With BG still focused down on those ties, it seems like she could have run with a good head start on BG. Maybe she did and was caught. Or maybe she had already being intercepted by an accomplice? Or maybe Abigail was still on the bridge and she wouldnt leave her. But I think it's a good bet that the killers would have reacted and done whatever they could to stop one from getting away.

I agree, but if he indeed had walked that bridge many times, you would think that someone had to have seen him at some point, especially if it's a hang out for local kids. Somebody would have said: "Oh, that's so-and-so!" This whole case is so frustrating. :(

So true! Maybe one thing to take away is that based on other people's posts who either lived or live in Delphi or Indiana, you can walk into a store or restaurant and see 10 guys who look like the guy in the video still.

I'm very curious to know if there was all avenues exhausted in all cameras that day that would see the cars ,trucks ,vans, ect that were seen leaving the park that day.. traffic cams, house security cameras, if there is any business nearby that has cameras?? IMO its pretty hard to not almost always be seen on cameras almost anywhere now days.. just a thought

Cameras from park goers who might have captured something without even knowing. There was a case where the (still) missing man was in this guy's shot of the Bay area.

Edited to add: John Beck was the missing man. Very interesting case

So true! Maybe one thing to take away is that based on other people's posts who either lived or live in Delphi or Indiana, you can walk into a store or restaurant and see 10 guys who look like the guy in the video still.
Good point!

Was it the one where he said the suspect sounded exasperated as though he had to repeat the command because maybe the girls didn't listen fast enough?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes. Which clarified that the words could not be anything but an order. Assuming they have full video/audio.

Newbie here. Didn't have chance to go through all pages yet but did view the rules at the beginning of intro. Through search saw someone mentioned screams and if any had been heard. @ TrueCrimeGuy site someone mentioned there may have been 2 perps. One that was waiting at end possibly? And the one that came from behind them from the trailhead side? A lady posted she was there right around when they went missing (but did not know they were yet) and had walked to the end and back on bridge and saw and heard nothing. A few other folks were there as well she said. Does anyone think a car could have been waiting there at the road at the end of the bridge and that was why no one heard or saw them? That side of the bridge they'd have to go down the hill to the road and that road looks like a deadend w no trailhead and so maybe there is less traffic? It goes past the transfer station and meat packing plant. Person from community on other crime site says bodies may have been brought back later and maybe they were moved across stream to wash away evidence; maybe dragged down the hill from the road? Two would make it easier for them to be moved as well. At TrueCrimes it sounded like it was implied from folks in the community that it was sex crime w murder and that two men who live together close to there are registered sex offenders. Two perpetrators w a car would make it an easier crime (especially if it was primarily a sex crime/murder and make more sense as to why no one saw or heard them). IMO it was someone local who knew kids had off that day and had the site well cased out and planned it extensively in advance (maybe waiting for any young female/s to make their presence know at that location online or via sighting while waiting nearby). Unfortunately if they were assaulted elsewhere and brought back in the wee hours of morning, it sounds like the type of crime where someone took pride in their work and wanted them to be found afterwords, or maybe the stream was just used as a purging of evidence, but so close to where they knew a search would ensue is pretty ballsy without a car close by, as was the whole abduction given the time of day, popularity of the site for strolls and double homicide aspect. Has anyone discussed a similar theory here?
:happydance::wagon::greetings:

Was the area where the girls bodies were found searched on the 13th by the same person who found them on the 14th?Or is that unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha