IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Websight. Bringing it over from the media thread:

This statement seems odd to me:

"I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparently had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death."

What does this mean?

This is a strange statement and makes me think one of the girls in particular was the main target and the other just happened to be in the way. Maybe one of the girls had a chance to run at the beginning but chose to stay. I wonder if he did something to the first girl to get her out of the way quickly, hid her body, then forced the second girl to a nearby barn or something until everyone stopped searching for the night.
Once things were quiet, 3 am or so he could have forced the second girl back to the location of the first girl and this is where he left them both.
At this point I imagine getting out of there wouldn't have been too difficult because the search was called off around 11pm so there would have only been friends and family searching if anyone at that time of the morning on that first night.

Is it often in a big case like this that LE keep so quiet in regards to the COD or is this unusual in America?

What??? RL was released?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No! There was a hearing and the judge denied the lawyer's request for release. That was when the new court date was set. But no, he is still wearing the orange suit.:jail:

Sorry, that was mean. It is very late for me and I am getting punchy!:eek:fftobed:

Unless restricted by terms of his probation, he would be able to travel throughout Indiana. He would not be allowed to leave state without approval of the courts though. So it is unlikely that he would violate any terms by simply traveling to the next county over since it did not involve crossing a state line.
Then there's the problem of driving with a suspended license (I don't think we've established if that was the case, though). Whatever he was up to on the 13th, it was something that pertained to his probation. Legal or not.
EDIT : Changed "parole" to "probation".

RL wasn't the only person arrested for other causes:
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/
During the course of the investigation, police have made unrelated arrests, Leazenby pointed out. If, for example, police find someone they are interviewing is wanted on a warrant, officers can't ignore that. So the person goes to jail on unrelated charges. A probation hold can keep a person locked up for 15 days without charges, Leazenby said.

Makes sense to go back to where the bodies were found. At least to me and IMO.

This is true. But I can't get past their specific comments about "things not adding up" and whatever they might have needed to get the SW approved, which was mentioned was substantial, and seemed more to me than just going back to where the bodies were found. If so, they would have just said that, I think. Moo. They clearly said they were focusing on HIM to either be cleared or not.

Very possible-- but I think this type of crime required much more planning and "tools," for lack of a better word. He'd need a weapon or weapons to control the girls, some way to keep them under control once he had them at the actual crime scene (rope, tape, etc) and maybe even a change of clothes as he'd likely be covered in blood. Hate to be so gruesome about it, but this high risk crime was not spur of the moment. This was some guy's sick, twisted fantasy and he had been planning it for a long time. MOO

I see your point but maybe in the case of it being someone who knew the area..he could have planned it ahead of time and the girls unfortunately were the ones who caught his eye as being perfect targets. As for someone who'd been working in the area, if he'd been there a week or even a few days and found the place, he still could have made plans in advance.

Actually, w/regards to someone working in the area, it reminded me of the time I walked in on my cousin being robbed at her work - I shared the story some threads back, but what I thought of was when the police got there...after getting all the details of what happened, the first thing they did was take us both to a Carnival that was in town for the week. They wanted us to look at the people working there..we didn't recognize anyone though. One of the officers told us it's not unusual to have someone working for a Carnival (or a Circus) go out and commit crimes in the towns they're in because usually nobody knows them, it gives them a place to hide & then they leave. Now, I'm not suggesting anything about a Carnival or Circus in this case..but the same could be true for someone doing other kinds of work in a town for a few days. It's just a thought.

jmo.

Was the area where the girls bodies were found searched on the 13th by the same person who found them on the 14th?Or is that unknown.

Welcome Summerbreeze :)

("Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my miiiiiind...")

:welcome4:

Eta: this is a good question. Is the same person/neighbir who asked to search RL's property the same person who found them?

Patriot10 - Several people have questioned a line on his thigh, most think it's a shadow, some have said tool, or knife. Do you think he could be carrying an AR under his jacket? Sort of holding it with his arm therefore carrying his shoulder higher. Could his right hand be grasping it ready to pull it out? I know it looks like a handgun under his jacket but that would not prevent him from having an AR as well. Most people would have a handgun too. What we thought was a fanny pack is really just his hoodie or shirt over the magazine?
attachment.php
If you have ever handled an AR, you would not believe anyone could or would stuff it in their pants. JMO.

On the evening of the 13th if I had returned to my ranch and was asked if my property could be searched...I would say yes and I would be very cautious. I would ask the police to go through my buildings for fear of a perpetrator hiding. RL seemed very calm.

This is a strange statement and makes me think one of the girls in particular was the main target and the other just happened to be in the way. Maybe one of the girls had a chance to run at the beginning but chose to stay. I wonder if he did something to the first girl to get her out of the way quickly, hid her body, then forced the second girl to a nearby barn or something until everyone stopped searching for the night.
Once things were quiet, 3 am or so he could have forced the second girl back to the location of the first girl and this is where he left them both.
At this point I imagine getting out of there wouldn't have been too difficult because the search was called off around 11pm so there would have only been friends and family searching if anyone at that time of the morning on that first night.

Is it often in a big case like this that LE keep so quiet in regards to the COD or is this unusual in America?

This is pretty close to what I think occurred also.

I actually wondered if the police thought the suspect was a trucker or person passing through... all the billboards across america... which I think is unusual?

I see your point but maybe in the case of it being someone who knew the area..he could have planned it ahead of time and the girls unfortunately were the ones who caught his eye as being perfect targets. As for someone who'd been working in the area, if he'd been there a week or even a few days and found the place, he still could have made plans in advance.

Actually, w/regards to someone working in the area, it reminded me of the time I walked in on my cousin being robbed at her work - I shared the story some threads back, but what I thought of was when the police got there...after getting all the details of what happened, the first thing they did was take us both to a Carnival that was in town for the week. They wanted us to look at the people working there..we didn't recognize anyone though. One of the officers told us it's not unusual to have someone working for a Carnival (or a Circus) go out and commit crimes in the towns they're in because usually nobody knows them, it gives them a place to hide & then they leave. Now, I'm not suggesting anything about a Carnival or Circus in this case..but the same could be true for someone doing other kinds of work in a town for a few days. It's just a thought.

jmo.

That's very interesting KyMom. It does make a lot of sense.

jmo.

Then there's the problem of driving with a suspended license (I don't think we've established if that was the case, though). Whatever he was up to on the 13th, it was something that pertained to his parole. Legal or not.
It was a probation violation not a parole violation - there is an important distinction between those two things so I am not just quibbling over words.

It is entirely possible that his probation violation could have happened on any day up to, and including part of, the 10th of March. There is quite a bit of assumption around here that somehow the probation violation came from activities on either the 13th or the 14th of February. LE has never stated when the probation violation occurred.

They were tied up? I missed that, can you help me out?

Sorry, this is NOT a fact... just a strange guess I made that they were tied up and died from exposure.. .thus the "twist."

Pay no attention to this,

On the evening of the 13th if I had returned to my ranch and was asked if my property could be searched...I would say yes and I would be very cautious. I would ask the police to go through my buildings for fear of a perpetrator hiding. RL seemed very calm.
You're right about his demeanor. He said all the right words, but he betrayed no emotion. IMO. As if he were reading a script. Which puzzles me, because people with long-term alcohol problems tend not to be so smooth, not appearing to be collected and calm. They can't rein all their horses in, so to speak. Just MOO.

It was a probation violation not a parole violation - there is an important distinction between those two things so I am not just quibbling over words.

It is entirely possible that his probation violation could have happened on any day up to, and including part of, the 10th of March. There is quite a bit of assumption around here that somehow the probation violation came from activities on either the 13th or the 14th of February. LE has never stated when the probation violation occurred.
You're right - my mistake. Which I will now fix.

Thank you, Websight. Bringing it over from the media thread:

This statement seems odd to me:

"I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparently had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death."

What does this mean? That maybe one was the intended victim but the other stayed? Or one had a chance to get away? Their love for each other causing their death? I hate to overanalyze and read anything into statements that might not be there, but this is wierd, imo.

I took it as the girls had a tight friendship bond. JMO, but if I was in that situation and felt threatened and paralyzed with fear, i would stay with my best friend too and not escape unless we could leave together......

Sorry, this is NOT a fact... just a strange guess I made that they were tied up and died from exposure.. .thus the "twist."

Pay no attention to this,

Can someone please bring forward the twist quote? Tia.

Having grown up with acreage, I'm not sure I'd think about it that way immediately. On the 13th it wasn't a known crime situation yet. Someone comes and wants to look around, sure. But am I expecting the worst at that point? No. <Insert opinion alphabets.>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's very interesting KyMom. It does make a lot of sense.

After thinking about it I was going to edit my post but I'll just add here that honestly it wouldn't even have to be someone working in the town, the same could be true for someone visiting anyone living there or passing through for some other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper