IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more intrigued by your suspicion that the person hasn't committed similar crimes already but has been fixated for decades.

-

Peoples sexual appetites usually don't change. Evidently, he can't control his criminal impulses.

The risk when he's looking at death or 30 years, what would cause someone to take that risk?

I suspect it's like JonBenet Ramsey, with different types of victims. I think the person that committed that crime in Boulder had thought about that very crime hundreds of times.

Don't you think we'll find out in Indiana the Perp fantasized about controlling, terrorizing, and raping?

-

I understand how this might seem true, however unconscious fantasies are enduring, motivating and not subject to becoming satisfied once fulfilled. In fact, it is just the opposite. Once it is fulfilled, the urge becomes stronger and more compelling.

Could not agree more- just look at Ted Bundy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Age has nothing to do with it. A team from the FBI spent an entire day searching his property. They will know if he had any involvement in this crime after processing any evidence found that day.

I don't see any value in sluthing this guy besides being on the side that was right when all the facts are presented.

This is going to be the 3rd weekend where nothing useful gets discussed, imo, because all the talk will be about a person already sitting in a jail cell.

We will see. :wave:

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/
Published 7:55 p.m. ET March 15, 2017

DELPHI, Ind. — Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.
“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”
That doesn't make them suspects, per se, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, but it does mean that police want to find out the truth — whatever that might be.
etc.

Never said RL specifically lied that I can find.

I must apologize, I mistakenly stated that le said RL lied about his alibi. As many of you know, le talked about discrepancies in alibi's, not naming any one person. Again I apologize for misconstruing information & sending people off on a wild goose chase

I was looking at a recent murder case in my FB feed. All these people were commenting on a page how the suspect was such a great guy and would never do that. I was pretty surprised at all the support considering he had confessed. I think BG is going to be that person. I believe he is local enough, meaning maybe not Delphi but close enough. IMHO, FWIW, blah

I'm wondering if we could keep the thread open this evening. I just got home from work, I know I want to catch up, and if I can't reply, I have to catch up tomorrow during regular hours.

Do you think we could please keep the thread open over night tonight just to see if things have quietened down enough that things don't get out of hand. I will alert if I see things getting a bit nutty, if that helps, but I would like to go through the comments a little more slowly than I have time for with the shut down time.

Could we give it a try?

I was thinking about this yesterday. Someone aside from BG knows who it is. They aren't coming forward. They definitely wouldn't come forward now and I doubt they would in the future. Let's say 2 years from now we are all coming back to this thread for updates...this person is now comfortable hiding who it is.

The longer a case goes forward, the more comfortable a person is telling themselves they do not need to divulge. Although every now and then someone does confess. Hopefully we have that. No one deserves to take a life and no one has the right to cover for them.

<snip>I'd guess someone with a knife wouldn't be likely to try to chase the one running if it meant having to release the other one. MOO
Maybe why LE said one girl may have been able to get away but chose to stay with her friend.

We will see. :wave: I wonder why he's on their hinky meters. I don't know....

Maybe he saw something...

This is the one of the ways I can see him involved, which could still be a very bad situation for RL. Richard Glossip ended up on OK's death row pretty much because the actual murderer confessed to Glossip and he didn't go to police. Before you know it, LE is convinced Glossip is involved and has turned it into a murder for hire and the actual killer is getting a plea in exchange for his testimony pointing to Glossip as orchestrating the murder.

Off topic, I know, but just an example of an actual case to illustrate how I think RL could be looked at or investigated and he's not involved in the murder. Taking into consideration RL's past criminal history, he could have seen how bad it looked having the girls found on his property, panicked, and fabricated parts of his alibi. Once LE finds out, they're going to be suspicious. Or, as you pointed out, maybe he actually saw something, in that case, maybe he was worried no one would believe him, so he fabricated or exaggerated parts of his alibi (had it covering a longer period than it actually did, for example). Both of those situations are entirely plausible IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, moving on in case RL is cleared....

Any recent attacks anywhere? Man, that's infinite...sigh..

-
My opinion is he's not in the system.

Maybe he was arrested prior to testing, or maybe he sidestepped suspicion.

I do think he'll have run-ins with the law, a woman felt threatened by him, he crossed a line, etc.

Seems doubtful someone would live a law abiding life, and then abduct people in broad daylight.

-

NO cameras on the bridge/park, etc. In fact the community has been trying to get them.

DELPHI, Ind. – The murders of 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German could prompt some security changes along the Monon High Bridge Trail, part of the Delphi Historic Trail system where the girls were last seen alive.
Currently there are no security cameras on the trail, but a local bank is reportedly offering to pay to have that changed.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/21/organiz...rail-where-delphi-teens-were-last-seen-alive/

many more links just like that about wanting/needing cameras ... after the fact.

They have checked all businesses with cam footage they can

I understand how this might seem true, however unconscious fantasies are enduring, motivating and not subject to becoming satisfied once fulfilled. In fact, it is just the opposite. Once it is fulfilled, the urge becomes stronger and more compelling.

My point is BG hasn't simply been fantasizing about it - he's done this before.

By now LE ought to at least be leaning toward whether or not RL will become a suspect. And if he was, there'd be no reason for Sgt Slocum to stress to the public that he's not at this time. He's in jail so what's said on social media wouldn't matter.

I agree, what is on social media matters little. However, I completely disagree that if RL was a possible suspect, LE would not say that he is not "at this time". They are trying to do this by the book, minimize "the court of public opinion", and make sure they have enough evidence to convict. The fact that they announced he is "not a suspect at this time" points more to the possibility that they are on to him....otherwise they would say he is NOT a suspect, period.

"Not a suspect at this time" is what it is, standard LE terminology. Considering they haven't identified a suspect, they have no crystal ball to know who committed the murders. They're not going to state any one person "is not a suspect and will never become one." What if no DNA was left at the scene and Mr No Can't Be later confesses?

I'll probably wonder for the rest of my life who killed these girls.

I hate to say it but I've been feeling the same way, but I want their bravery to have been worth something so I try to ignore the feeling.

I do not want any new people just joining to feel discounted. All eyes, new eyes, rehash is better than nothing. Keep it coming folks. It's good to have new people weigh in and agree or disagree. We are here for Abby and Libby so join us. Rehash who cares. Scroll and roll or take a break. The more the merrier, even though it's hard to keep up.

Agree. But so much is the same and not that it matters, but any new info would be greatly appreciated.

Someone who has spent a lot of time outdoors anywhere in the region could potentially assess the area/terrain fairly quickly once off the bridge, IMO. I'm again reminded of the relative I mentioned in my recent reply, as while he was wanted in his homestate for a series of crimes, he fled to the an area in the southwest that he had only been to once as a teenager, but was able to hideout successfully in the wilderness until winter weather drove him down from the mountains.I know several hunters who also talk about how once you've spent enough time outdoors, you get a sense of the lay of the land in new places very quickly, such as nearby waterways, animal paths, beds, depth of streams, etc.I, too, believe that the simplest explanation is this is someone who is familiar with this particular are, but I do believe any avid outdoorsman, especially older/more experienced, would be able to assess the area on the fly. JMO
100% agree! I feel that BG is an outdoorsman, hunter, fisherman... somebody who knows how to stalk and kill. I also feel that with his look of "comfort" as he walks the bridge that he is very comfortable with heights, maybe in a profession of construction or maybe a lineman.

-
My opinion is he's not in the system.

Maybe he was arrested prior to testing, or maybe he sidestepped suspicion.

I do think he'll have run-ins with the law, a woman felt threatened by him, he crossed a line, etc.

Seems doubtful someone would live a law abiding life, and then abduct people in broad daylight.

-

Yes I've mentioned possible domestic issues (not trying to sound like I said this and this), but yes, agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GARWbach28