IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, what is on social media matters little. However, I completely disagree that if RL was a possible suspect, LE would not say that he is not "at this time". They are trying to do this by the book, minimize "the court of public opinion", and make sure they have enough evidence to convict. The fact that they announced he is "not a suspect at this time" points more to the possibility that they are on to him....otherwise they would say he is NOT a suspect, period.

"Not a suspect at this time" is standard police terminology used in reference to everyone who not a suspect at present.

That there's hidden meaning in that phrase is contrary to the rest of Sgt Slocum's quote, including asking people not to jump to conclusions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this yesterday. Someone aside from BG knows who it is. They aren't coming forward. They definitely wouldn't come forward now and I doubt they would in the future. Let's say 2 years from now we are all coming back to this thread for updates...this person is now comfortable hiding who it is.

The longer a case goes forward, the more comfortable a person is telling themselves they do not need to divulge. Although every now and then someone does confess. Hopefully we have that. No one deserves to take a life and no one has the right to cover for them.

I hear what you're saying whiskers. I've been thinking maybe the knowing person is holding back. Hoping an arrest is made and it wasn't the person they suspect. I pray every day for a break in the case and peace for the families.

I hear what you're saying whiskers. I've been thinking maybe the knowing person is holding back. Hoping an arrest is made and it wasn't the person they suspect. I pray every day for a break in the case and peace for the families.

You said it well....'holding back.' I do feel that could def. be the case here. Someone *else* knows something aside from BG.

Thank you, Websight. Bringing it over from the media thread:

This statement seems odd to me:

"I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparently had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death."

What does this mean? That maybe one was the intended victim but the other stayed? Or one had a chance to get away? Their love for each other causing their death? I hate to overanalyze and read anything into statements that might not be there, but this is wierd, imo.
Gourmet word salad 🥗!!!
Either he isn't good at speaking off the cuff, or he's trying not to say something and fumbling for words. JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have had to take a break from this case because this is one of them that is just eating away at my soul. I unfortunatly have no new ideas or thoughts I have thought about this case until I can't hear my own thought. I have been saying prayers each and every day that today is the day.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Cameras from park goers who might have captured something without even knowing. There was a case where the (still) missing man was in this guy's shot of the Bay area.

Edited to add: John Beck was the missing man. Very interesting case
That was sone poignant photo of him walking off into the sunset. (John Beck)

I'm sorry bbbd4u. I know the feeling. Sometimes after a tough case I have t step away. I can not imagine the families' pain.

On the evening of the 13th if I had returned to my ranch and was asked if my property could be searched...I would say yes and I would be very cautious. I would ask the police to go through my buildings for fear of a perpetrator hiding. RL seemed very calm.
Was it stated he was calm when asked to search his property on the 13th? I don't ever even remember hearing of his existence until after he gave his first interview in the days after the crime.

I have had to take a break from this case because this is one of them that is just eating away at my soul. I unfortunatly have no new ideas or thoughts I have thought about this case until I can't hear my own thought. I have been saying prayers each and every day that today is the day.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I get it. Last night in my dream I was bargaining for railroad trestles. It's haunting. All of it is. Can only imagine how they felt and the families now feel.

Just that you care...that we all care, it's enough. Breaks are good and deserved. The fact that so many of us care about sweet Abby and Libby literally make my eyes swell.

Thank you to you all.

One thing that keeps coming back to my mind is way in the beginning of the investigation, during a presser with the Indiana State Police and the county sheriff were speaking
..when asked if the public should be alarmed etc
.the State Police looked over to the county sheriff and said he should answer that.. to which he basically said, no, people shouldn't be alarmed just use common sense etc (im not quoting directly here)...why would he say that unless they already had a good idea who did it, or said person was already in jail, or..it was a targeted or personal matter?

You're right about his demeanor. He said all the right words, but he betrayed no emotion. IMO. As if he were reading a script. Which puzzles me, because people with long-term alcohol problems tend not to be so smooth, not appearing to be collected and calm. They can't rein all their horses in, so to speak. Just MOO.
I'm confused, we have zero footage or info of RL on the night of the 13th when he was asked to search his property. We all didn't hear of him until he gave his first TV interview. Sorry to be a stickler but this doesn't make sense to me. We know zero of his demeanor that night.

Cryptonite, trying to turn off Multiquote.
Re: "I'm here":

I've been there (local to something like this....Jessica Ridgeway.) It's a terrible place to be. Worst ever. Sadness, extreme anger, shock of course and Fear, Always looking over your shoulder, afraid for your loved little ones, wondering could it be him, evens people you know, we didn't have voice or visuals, I've written books here in the past about my ptsd about such horrors...all that brought me here. Hang in there.)

Thank you for being boots on ground.

Having grown up with acreage, I'm not sure I'd think about it that way immediately. On the 13th it wasn't a known crime situation yet. Someone comes and wants to look around, sure. But am I expecting the worst at that point? No. <Insert opinion alphabets.>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Banging my head against a brick wall. None of us know what his demeanor was on the 13th!!!!!!! It's not recorded.
He only talked about it during his interview days later.

I'm developing a tick, and a nervous twitch[emoji16]

I understand how this might seem true, however unconscious fantasies are enduring, motivating and not subject to becoming satisfied once fulfilled. In fact, it is just the opposite. Once it is fulfilled, the urge becomes stronger and more compelling.
-

Yes, I didn't mean to indicate he's never acted on fantasies before.

There was a date rape thing with the accused Perp around U of VA, later he wasn't leaving witnesses. I believe the date rape thing was handled by Liberty U (and not Police).

I don't know how far this BG guy has gone, but it will be shocking if he's not had run-ins with Police.

-

One thing that keeps coming back to my mind is way in the beginning of the investigation, during a presser with the Indiana State Police and the county sheriff were speaking
..when asked if the public should be alarmed etc
.the State Police looked over to the county sheriff and said he should answer that.. to which he basically said, no, people shouldn't be alarmed just use common sense etc (im not quoting directly here)...why would he say that unless they already had a good idea who did it, or said person was already in jail, or..it was a targeted or personal matter?

So they would not cause more panic or quick judgment on those being questioned locally, I have 3 daughters and live local, I'm on edge to as anyone else would be ,cause we don't know nothing other than what was stated and rumors.

Thank you for the information. I was surprised that the girls were almost at the other end of the bridge when the perp caught up to them. I would have expected him to get them as they were maybe at the highest point on that bridge, so they would have no way to escape other than to run in one direction or jump from the bridge.
i think the later he caught up with them the less time he would have to deal with them and any escape plan they could quickly improvise . Remember his main aim was to get them 'down the hill' and presumably out of sight so the later his true intentions became apparent the more effectively he could steer them where he wanted ..JMO moo imo etc

This statement seems odd to me:

"I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparently had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death."

What does this mean? That maybe one was the intended victim but the other stayed? Or one had a chance to get away? Their love for each other causing their death? I hate to overanalyze and read anything into statements that might not be there, but this is wierd, imo.

This quote always reminds me of the story of Lisa Hoodless and Charlene Lunnon. They were abducted by a paedophile in 1999 and held captive for a few days. The kidnapper, Alan Hopkinson, bundled Lisa into the boot of his car, at which point Charlene could have escaped. She didn't, being described as frozen with fear. In the Daily Mail article I will link here she says she didn't want to leave Lisa alone. I can't help but wonder if a similar situation applied here.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-478612/We-survived-abducted-paedophile-days.html

Good Morning...here is hoping today's the day

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members