IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have thought SK on first look at the crime scene. It may have had elements of staging IMO. The FBI also participated in the SW on March 17th.
The FBI also participated in the SW on 2/16 on Bicycle Bridge RD as well.

If RL drove to the transfer station before 1pm on the 13th i do not think they would have cared to search his truck. He probably did go there at a time that could be suspicious. But why did it take them so long, weeks, to get a search warrant for the truck and house? Maybe his driving to the transfer station at a suspicious time was not enough probable cause?? Possibly testing from items taken at the transfer station came back with dna that matched RL or dog hairs from a dog similar to his?? And then they had enough probable cause?

That has bugged me a little. There are 2 white trucks and 2 LE cars, are we sure all 4 are LE vehicles?
It is possible that trucks were used to bring investigators to that area rather than each one take their own vehicle or these were trucks that had brought searchers to that area, again rather than have them walk the whole distance from the command center or take their own vehicles.

Is there a presser tomorrow? Also I'm not finding links to verify the transfer station info, etc from the info posted this morning. Help?

No presser. RL has a hearing tomorrow.
No link for the transfer station info either.

Sorry I'm so full of 'noes' this morning.

Is LE supposed to have a news update tomorrow on case???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. My understanding from reading the court docket is that RL has a hearing tomorrow on a motion that was filed by his attorney to dismiss the probation violation hearing. This motion has nothing to do with the murder investigation.

The FBI also participated in the SW on 2/16 on Bicycle Bridge RD as well.

In the initial presser just hours after discovery there was the county sheriff, police chief and ISP PIO Riley. Riley mentioned the FBI FO Indianapolis was also present at the scene but no FBI agent participated in that presser. I don't know how long the drive from Indianapolis to Delphi would take, but they were present in the early hours after Abby and Libby were found.

I was away most of the night last night and by the time I got home the thread was shut.

Very interested in the Probation violation docs. Seems to me that our good people in LE were actively tailing Mr RL. I don't think it's just because the girls were found on his property. I think they couldn't ignore some things and off they went.

I ask myself, why would LE waste precious resources during the biggest investigation their county has ever seen, to harrass and catch an old man breaking his probation?

Because he most definitely is on the short list.

Ask yourself, why would LE risk an old man's health and reputation putting him in the spotlight like that? THEY HAD TO KNOW THE RUMORS IT WOULD CAUSE. Then the PROBABLE CAUSE SW in a homicide. HUGE stuff. They aren't stupid, we at Websleuths are by far not the only people connecting dots and making connections.

Today I feel a bit better about putting my Hat Roast back in my freezer because I don't think I'm eating it any time soon.
I'm keeping it though, just in case.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Because he wanted too..

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

If RL drove to the transfer station before 1pm on the 13th i do not think they would have cared to search his truck. He probably did go there at a time that could be suspicious. But why did it take them so long, weeks, to get a search warrant for the truck and house? Maybe his driving to the transfer station at a suspicious time was not enough probable cause?? Possibly testing from items taken at the transfer station came back with dna that matched RL or dog hairs from a dog similar to his?? And then they had enough probable cause?

Or thinking about LE saying they were making progress, quietly..

Something suspicious was found at the transfer station. Something connected to the girls, or BG? Maybe some evidence that was fast tracked. Then LE find out RL was at the transfer station on the 13th. *thinking out loud*

In the initial presser just hours after discovery there was the county sheriff, police chief and ISP PIO Riley. Riley mentioned the FBI FO Indianapolis was also present at the scene but no FBI agent participated in that presser. I don't know how long the drive from Indianapolis to Delphi would take, but they were present in the early hours after Abby and Libby were found.
In the press conference done on February 22nd we learned that there was an FBI agent present during the search for the girls.

Or thinking about LE saying they were making progress, quietly..

Something suspicious was found at the transfer station. Something connected to the girls, or BG? Maybe some evidence that was fast tracked. Then LE find out RL was at the transfer station on the 13th. *thinking out loud*

Investigators would have known RL was at the transfer station on the 13th very early on. But it took weeks to have enough probable cause to get a search warrant. Imo testing results came in...
Also, i doubt they would use so many resources on a search of his property without very good reason/evidence..

In the press conference done on February 22nd we learned that there was an FBI agent present during the search for the girls.
Maybe it's because it became apparent there was an attack on the bridge.

Investigators would have known RL was at the transfer station on the 13th very early on. But it took weeks to have enough probable cause to get a search warrant. Imo testing results came in...
Also, i doubt they would use so many resources on a search of his property without very good reason/evidence..

Right. Maybe LE found that backpack they were asking people about, that we didn't hear about again. If BG walked south after the fact and walked past, or drove past the station and dumped it there.

Argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member