IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is he is free now? For sure? Everything is worded so poorly by MSM in this case.

Please link to the quote from law enforcement saying Ron L is cleared. TIA

Ummm, could you kindly read my post again? Also, I reposted the article from Skibs about him not being a suspect. (that you asked for) :)

The J&C is making sure they aren't part of any future lawsuits, IMHO.

"The Journal & Courier is not naming the man because has not been arrested or charged in connection to
the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, who first were reported missing Feb. 13 after hiking near Deer Creek east of Delphi."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/04/03/property-owner-visited-dump-day-delphi-killings/99976688/

Yes, I agree J&C are covering their backsides.

Someone reminded us upthread about Richard Jewell. He was accused of being the Olympic Park bomber. Even though he was never charged with the crime there was a witch hunt by the media. He sued several major news outlets, NBC being one, and I believe most of them settled.

I see he got bond but is he out yet? If not I'd think he'd be before end of day. MOO

They could have easily brought him in through a different entrance where media and spectators were not permitted. It's not an unusual thing to do. At the very least, they could have provided him with a BPV. All JMO.
This. Absolutely.

No you didn't say it was about him treating his parole responsibility as 'petty' you said the families of someone killed by a drunk driver wouldn't see it as 'petty'.

Either way. It doesn't matter really. He is not a suspect. :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Right. I am saying I don't think DUI victims' families would see it as petty...in response to another poster calling the probation violations "petty."

No disrespect intended, but it does matter to me and to other loved ones of those harmed/taken by people who drive under the influence. According to the CDC, "In 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. Of the 1,070 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2014, 209 (19%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver."

I have never had a position on whether RL is involved in the murders. If LE release a statement clearing him, I will be happy to see him cleared.

However, probation violations aren't petty when they relate to behaviors that risk the lives of or cause the deaths of others.

Imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who lies during a murder investigation should be examined under a microscope. We are talking about the murders of two little girls.

Not suspect.....all we need to know.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Precisely, RL is not a suspect. However, BG is the Main Suspect as named by the authorities.

Yes, it is sad that RL will likely, at age 77yo, finally serve some time in jail for his driving offenses. Driving is a privilege, after all.

"As part of a plea agreement, charges of false informing and obstruction of justice were dropped."

It is also MOO that he seemed to relish the attention he received in front of the cameras. His attitude in those is what put him on my radar. And I am still not convinced that he wasn't involved in some fashion.

I thought the interviews were weird but I don't think anyone focused on like that would enjoy being investigated and arrested. And it does seem a bit cruel
to say a non-suspect is enjoying his 15 minutes. This can destroy a
reputation. Lays bare every dark thing about a person.

So, is he is free now? For sure? Everything is worded so poorly by MSM in this case.

I believe one of the articles said that he is still facing a sentence of up to 4 1/2 years for the charges related to his probation from the DUI arrest.

He got bond? Hmm. I agree with you. I mean LE doesn't have control over that but they can make arguments to the DA and if he is being released and they don't charge him with anything else, they either just don't have enough or he is just not their man.

If they had anything close they would pop him as soon as he got released or before. That's the bottom line.
I thought it said he got bond, but the next sentence says, Remanded to custody..... MOO I am probably wrong!!

I drove home from work with the word "labelled" ringing in my ears.

Sgt. Riley didn't say RL is NOT a suspect, he said he hasn't been labelled as such. A potentially interesting distinction, given that RL is, at least currently, in a place where they can keep an eye on him without feeling the need to publicly call him suspect.

For the record, I am firmly on the fence with him, occasionally slipping to one side or the other. I am not convinced he is BG, and I'm not convinced he isn't.

But I do think the inclusion of that one word was very clever.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There you have it.

Unless anyone here or SM knows with absolute certainty where RL was every minute from Feb 13 at 2 PM until Feb 14 approximately noon they don't know that he's innocent, either. LE is doing their job and we will have to see what else they do and say with respect to the two murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay