IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
here it is:

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...er-visited-dump-day-delphi-killings/99976688/

During a court hearing Monday, the property owner pleaded guilty to the probation violation and a new felony charge of being a habitual traffic violator.

As part of a plea agreement, charges of false informing and obstruction of justice were dropped, according to deputy prosecutor Jerry Bean.

Bean would not comment on the nature of the latter two charges. He declined to disclose what time the man visited the transfer station.

He will be sentenced 11 a.m. Monday and could face up to 4½ years in prison. His attorney, Andrew Achey, was not immediately available for comment.

The officials are not commenting on a lot of things, but if he made a plea bargain to the one charge, why not state the dump trip time? Seems off to me.

Someone asked for a side by side. side by side.jpg

I'm sure someone could do a better job

But it's not LE portraying him as that....It's social media! LE keeps telling people (and again today) that he's not a suspect, and not to jump to conclusions about this man. They've arrested 13 other people (and searched several other properties) that they found through this case, but nobody is ripping their lives apart. It's because the girls were found on his property, IMO.

Him and BG look about as much alike as a kitten and a kite.

MOO

Well then the police have to be very careful with their words as one officer was talking about the search warrant for RL being used to 'either clear him or make him MORE of a suspect,'... There a few reasons why people are wondering . Probably just a misfortunate set of circumstances that make it seem possible that RL could be the murderer . I guess innocent until proved guilty maybe he will learn tb

Like this:
0545dbd0a251bf3fdd1651929e979a10.png

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mr+potato+head+photo

People have noses like that? Woah mind blown!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I generally have a gut feeling or, just a general feeling from experience and this case is such a head ****

The first time I saw the photo of BG I thought it was someone young, dressed in idk not young person clothes. Either someone young or someone who looks fairly young. I haven't really changed my opinion of that, not really considered RL could be BG, just got a little led astray and confused along the way. So, back to wondering and sticking to what I first believed. BG is someone 17-40. MOO

Wow, clear as mud this.

The obstruction and false informing had to be wrt to HIS PV's and not the murder case. I hope everyone realizes that.

There's no way they would drop those charges otherwise.

He probably lied to LE about driving (to the dump) and drinking (at Pizza King). That's typical behavior for someone breaking the law. Nobody usually fesses up right away.

Yup. Agreed. I'm pretty sure it was reported a few times that those charges were totally unrelated to the murders. Am I remembering correctly?

No you didn't say it was about him treating his parole responsibility as 'petty' you said the families of someone killed by a drunk driver wouldn't see it as 'petty'.

Either way. It doesn't matter really. He is not a suspect. :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I said that I think :wave:

I generally have a gut feeling or, just a general feeling from experience and this case is such a head ****

The first time I saw the photo of BG I thought it was someone young, dressed in idk not young person clothes. Either someone young or someone who looks fairly young. I haven't really changed my opinion of that, not really considered RL could be BG, just got a little led astray and confused along the way. So, back to wondering and sticking to what I first believed. BG is someone 17-40. MOO

Wow, clear as mud this.

Man! To me it was mid fifties to mid 60's!!

ETA I sure hope their video footage is better!!

He's not being portrayed as anything. Yet. They haven't labeled him as connected in any way. But you admit they would be negligent if they didn't investigate? I mean it seems unlikely this guy was focused on because he went to the dump.

Imagine this hypothetical: Let's say that a person seemed shady to the police and so they began investigating him, and began finding possible connections to the crime, like people calling in saying he resembled or sounded like a suspect, or the fact that bodies were found on his property, things that make LE determine this man could be a likely suspect. And they find that, in the course of their investigation he has violated probation. And can be arrested for that probation violation.

If that guy, was not arrested for the probation violation, and it turned out that he indeed was the perpetrator, and he went on to harm other victims, and then the public found out that he could have been arrested but wasn't, what do you think the public outcry would be?

Indeed.

The officials are not commenting on a lot of things, but if he made a plea bargain to the one charge, why not state the dump trip time? Seems off to me.

Seems off to me me as well. I am not discounting anyone, or writing anyone off, until the end.

Yup. Agreed. I'm pretty sure it was reported a few times that those charges were totally unrelated to the murders. Am I remembering correctly?

Do I get a deputy lawyer badge or something, gitana? Pleeeease?! :hilarious:

And yes, you were reading correctly. I just saw a few posts heading down that road and wanted to throw in my :twocents:

So they gave him bond ...... I am not sure they would give bond if they thought he was the killer! If I remember correctly LE said they had much more video so certainly THEY know if RL is or is not the killer Honestly they should either say he is or is not the man in the video IF they have video they know for sure I feel sorry for him and his animals I would go crazy in jail without my animals

Its a legal tactic used a lot in major crime investigations. As I and others have said it can be done to keep the public safe while a case is built. Maybe it's fair to the victim's families and to people with kids in the community. Maybe it's going to tear apart an innocent old man.

I must admit, in court he looks quite different from what I've seen from him before. I always thought he was super snowy white haired with a more refined nose while BG looks more salt and peer and bigger, more beakish nose from what little sense I can get from the blurry photos. But now I see salt and pepper and a bigger nose.
Yes, while I'm not a lawyer, I agree this is a tactic. I'm honestly not convinced he is BG/killer. However, in the abduction and murder case I was involved in, the perp was not charged for years. However, there was a point when they caught him on a parole or probation violation, and put him in jail. In this case the public didn't even know he was on the radar. But my point is, LE and the rest of us were pretty sure it was him. There were just some pieces that needed to be put together to get a conviction. So he waited in jail on a relatively minor violation for quite a while. Eventually he was charged and will never see the outside of prison.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Man! To me it was mid fifties to mid 60's!!

ETA I sure hope their video footage is better!!

Ha! Well I have said too that the original 2 pics, one he looks like hes young, the other older. Like a father and son. I think LE stopped using the 2nd one (the one where it looks like its hood up and goatee)

-
He finally answered LE questions - and they dropped Obstruction and False informing in return.

We can't know how much he hurt Justice in this case because of the redirection of resources.

The girls are the Victims here.

-

It's really not huge at all. Many of us posted the other day that it would be stupid of a "killer" to go the dump near his house to discard murder materials/evidence etc...When it could easily proven that he was there.

I don't think RL is a killer, btw.

JMO...
Just as stupid as leaving the victims on your OWN property!
JMO.

Court docs: Property owner visited dump on day of Delphi killings

During a court hearing Monday, the property owner pleaded guilty to the probation violation and a new felony charge of being a habitual traffic violator.

As part of a plea agreement, charges of false informing and obstruction of justice were dropped, according to deputy prosecutor Jerry Bean.

Bean would not comment on the nature of the latter two charges. He declined to disclose what time the man visited the transfer station.

He will be sentenced 11 a.m. Monday and could face up to 4½ years in prison. His attorney, Andrew Achey, was not immediately available for comment.

A week after his arrest, police searched the property owner's home, outbuildings, automobiles and land as part of the ongoing investigation into Delphi's high-profile double homicide.

The search was the first time investigators had gathered evidence from inside his home. Previously, police had scoured the woods near Deer Creek where the girls' bodies were found.

As of Monday, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said detectives are "still waiting" on that evidence to be processed. He stressed that the property owner has not been labelled a suspect.

The Journal & Courier is not naming the man because has not been arrested or charged in connection to the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, who first were reported missing Feb. 13 after hiking near Deer Creek east of Delphi.

Bumping and BBM for people who were asking about this. Thanks skibs!

But it's not LE portraying him as that....It's social media! LE keeps telling people (and again today) that he's not a suspect, and not to jump to conclusions about this man. They've arrested 13 other people (and searched several other properties) that they found through this case, but nobody is ripping their lives apart. It's because the girls were found on his property, IMO.

Him and BG look about as much alike as a kitten and a kite.

MOO

I think they look a lot alike. A lot now that I see him in court. I mean the analogy of ankitten to a kite seems super illogical, with much respect. Because I've always respected your opinions. He's a man first of all, as is BG and it can be argued he is a man with similar clothes and a similar build. Whether he looks like the guy or not (many thinks BG looks much younger), that kind of exaggeration seems to be an attempt to ridicule those with a different opinion.

But yes, he has not been labelled as a suspect or even as a witness.

On another topic, how many properties were searched and who were
they? Someone asked about that recently. Or made the statement that only his property was searched but I do remember something about that early on. Are there links someone can direct me to?

<mod snip>

I think LE had to look more closely at RL if only because a future defense attorney might argue that LE didn't check RL out thoroughly (even though RL had been dishonest with them). Now, they've covered their butts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MerrieBee