IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the path they took from the bridge was as GH shows in the video, ...why cross the creek??? It's hard to think like the perp but something made him take this risk. There was a chance of slipping etc.. Did he know that it was owned by an older man that drank and most likely wouldn't come down to the spot where the bodies were found?
Why there?
I have asked before - who owned the land on the opposite side of the creek to RL's land ? Is it only accessible by foot or is vehicle possible? Or a boat even? Is there public access via a road? I really have seen very little info about this.

Are those addresses public? I would love to find that information please. That would be a great start. TIA

Been a few days since I visited, but on Page one in the media thread I believe the info is there.

Recently in Minnesota, there was a fraud investigation where a judge ordered Google to give to LE all identifying info on anyone at all who had googled the victim this past December/January. I'm wondering how many non-locals googled 'walking trails' in the Delphi area in the weeks prior to February 13.
Wow. Very interesting. I hadn't even thought about that. Very good idea to trek such info.

Then what do you suppose the bail bond is all about? Unless he opted to stay in or ?

I don't know. I believe bond was granted, but perhaps his attorney advised staying in for now for RL's safety or some other reason.

So confusing. First, the man is not is prison, he is in jail (or not).

The state court site still shows bond of 5000 dollars.

JMO...
The state court site shows bond was SET.
The news article saying he's staying in jail until his sentence means his bond was not POSTED.
HTH. JMO.

Ronald Logan pleaded guilty to a charge of being a habitual traffic violator, after being arrested for violating his probation.

The 77-year-old will stay in prison until he is sentenced later this month.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/De...ads-guilty-on-unrelated-charge-418108623.html

This is so sad. Justice isn't served by keeping this man in jail. He should have been released on his own reconnaissance. He is no threat to anyone and the public isn't safer with him in jail. How terribly tragic that the only person to spend time in jail as a result of the investigation into the murders is the old man who owns the property upon which their bodies were found.

If we're going back to the drawing board.. how about this for consideration? Impossible?

What if LG's phone video recording was in the distance, and just happened to catch that person we refer to as BG.. but BG doesn't end up being relevant.. then it's wide open.. could it have been a teen boy or two instead? What if instead of imagining that the perp lied about *his* age to the girls, the girls had instead lied about *their* ages, ie told the perp they were a few years older than they actually were. The guys get there to meet the girls.. find they're younger.. 'jailbait'.. and they're 'bad guys', and they kill the girls.. what if there are 2 of them? Perhaps 17-19 or so? A little older? Possible?
LE stated that BG participated in the crimes. They must have something more. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pictures snipped for space.

Ok. WTH? Was this ever shown on any of the local newscasts? This is the first I am hearing of this. If this was up at the time of the murders, and this wasn't revealed by media (if they saw it) then they sure blew that opp.

Good find WS.

I know, right?

Imagine all the scenarios that can be theorized by the possible use of this stand by BG, whoever he is. Now that we know that this deer stand is there, how does that change our ideas about what happened and where?

I wonder if it's true, because I'd find it hard to believe that he couldn't, via friends or family at least, come up with 10% of $5000!

Is it possible to refuse bond?
Like if someone would rather just have time served adding up?
Or if they feel safer in jail at least for now?
JMO.

From the little I know about the law this is a smart move if you think your going to be sentenced to time in prison, it counts as time served anyway.

That is what I am thinking. Time served - 30 days.

I would not sentence him to 2-4.5 years if I were the judge - that is a life sentence for RL over a very minor offense.

I don't know. I believe bond was granted, but perhaps his attorney advised staying in for now for RL's safety or some other reason.

Perhaps he just had not paid the ten percent, banks being closed and all? IDK.

Is it possible to refuse bond?
Like if someone would rather just have time served adding up?
Or if they feel safer in jail at least for now?
JMO.

Yes, you are not forced to pay it and leave jail. Some people can't afford to pay and others may choose not to for the reasons you stated, IMO.

LE has determined BG is relevant.

jailbait to murder...no.

I agree whole heartedly about the first sentence. I disagree, however, with the absolute nature of the second point. Rather, with normal people, identifying 'jail bait" does not lead to murder.

Some criminals, however, don't operate in the normal world and don't consider things objectively. Thus, identifying "jail bait" could lead to some criminal having feelings of extreme betrayal, awaken dark fantasies about "solving potential problems" in what they perceive to be "major league" criminal style etc.

A good example of this is the Virginia Tech case where a 19 year old student is accused of murdering a minor after a brief relationship that might of been sexual. If she threatened to turn him in, he had many legal options (semi affluent family and ability to get a good lawyer, clean record, minor had lied about her age, he was almost a minor himself etc.).

Instead, he apparently murders her with assistance from another student whose dark fantasies about serial killing had been awakened by the situation.

Here is a link to an article with the statement about alibis.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

"Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

"We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

No particular person singled out by LE.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

"Basically, we're just following up on some tips and interviews and leads that we've gotten," Riley said while blocking traffic on the county road east of Delphi. "We're trying to either clear him or see if he's more of a suspect than what we originally thought."

Maybe Riley didn't choose his words carefully but he did use the word suspect.

My opinions only....

I thought BG looked to be a Man in his late 30's - 40's
with that bieng said.....RL does have a very similar physique and the BG picture/VIDEO was taken from a distance/angle and is very blurry( especially in the facial area)

Loooking at still images from a RL interview ( also Video) IMO the body type is again similar ( not sure we can accurately guage waist/limbs size and inches from a blurry video picture......but the body types are similar

0414f40d-a68f-4345-95de-431ff12382a4_zpssmayrmwn.jpg

9170a0f0-5c8e-4be2-b06b-014d247d013e_zpsxdjcyxbf.jpg

3D45130B00000578-0-image-m-7_1487212303509.jpg

More opinions only and random thoughts.....

( as far as the information I have read) No shallow graves????....hmmm......No trying to cover the body's? .....was this just a random spur of the moment attack?.....Killer may not have planned this out at all...

or if the Killer did plan on hiding/burying the Body's .... Killer tried and wasn't physically able to move or Bury/Dig a grave.

( another thought ) If the Killer did use a vehicle ...hopefully LE will get DNA that could help solve these Murders....

JMO...
The state court site shows bond was SET.
The news article saying he's staying in jail until his sentence means his bond was not POSTED.
HTH. JMO.

Yep, apparently for whatever reason he's decided not to make bond.

But I still don't give the reporter a pass for not knowing the difference between prison and jail.

I know, right?

Imagine all the scenarios that can be theorized by the possible use of this stand by BG, whoever he is. Now that we know that this deer stand is there, how does that change our ideas about what happened and where?

JMO...
From personal experience, people are known to leave their deer stands up year round.
JMO.

Edit: But that doesn't mean someone else didn't "borrow" it for nefarious purposes. JMO.

I agree whole heartedly about the first sentence. I disagree, however, with the absolute nature of the second point. Rather, with normal people, identifying 'jail bait" does not lead to murder.

Some criminals, however, don't operate in the normal world and don't consider things objectively. Thus, identifying "jail bait" could lead to some having feelings of betrayal, awaken dark fantasies about "solving problems" in what they perceive to be "major league" criminal style, or simply exacerbating an existing tendency towards violence etc.

A good example of this is the Virginia Tech case where a 19 year old student is accused of murdering a minor after a brief relationship that might of been sexual. If she threatened to turn him in, he had many legal options (semi affluent family and ability to get a good lawyer, clean record, minor had lied about her age etc.).

Instead, he apparently murders her with assistance from another student whose dark fantasies about serial killing had been awakened by the incident.

There was no mention in the OP writing (or that I perceived anyway) that the girls had actually done anything with the older guys. My comment was based on that.

Girls meet up with guys who think they are supposed to be older then see said girls are not older and consider them jailbait which causes said guys to murder them. Jailbait? Walk away. Murder because they lied? Nope.

I just tried this, then had to look at Facebook for a minute and got the message "java script required to use Facebook"...lol oh well...

If you have trouble with refresh causing you to lose a post that is more than a few sentences, compose it in your email client or notes. I just use the notes on iPad. I think when I've chosen "go advanced" rather than "post quick reply" I didn't have as many issues, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper