IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that bothers me about the entire larger potential crime scene as well as where Abby and Libby were found is the previous night's search and up until discovery. It seems logical that some evidence would have been accidentally destroyed because of the volunteers searching and walking through and over it. I'm unclear how many participated in both days' searches or what LE instructions to them were. MOO
They were looking for live persons the previous night with no expectation of coming across a crime scene so I expect that there wasn't much said other than assigning areas to search.

The next day was handled differently.

After re watching some of the early press conferences, one thing that stuck out to me was LE saying that thought it was likely that somebody knew that the girls were going to be there and it was less likely that it was a chance encounter. Went on to say that they couldn't rule it out, but that they felt that there was some connection. I'm paraphrassing, but I found it interesting and had forgot about LE saying this.

I will also add that this was stated very early on and its possible that LE may have found things that have changed their mind by now. But I just found it interesting, nothing more nothing less FWIW

Is the creek navigable by small boat? E.g. a fisherman ?

Were you thinking it's possible the girls were moved via boat after the search was called off the first night, Feb 13? Not sure that is what you mean at all or just someone familiar with fishing in the area?

I don't want to discount any plausible theory but it seems like moving the girls to within 50' of the creek when there had been a large search going on would be extremely risky. IMO

One thing that bothers me about the entire larger potential crime scene as well as where Abby and Libby were found is the previous night's search and up until discovery. It seems logical that some evidence would have been accidentally destroyed because of the volunteers searching and walking through and over it. I'm unclear how many participated in both days' searches or what LE instructions to them were. MOO
We don't know that the crime had even been committed when they were searching that first night, we don't have a time of death do we?
I think that now we are not talking about RL so much we are thinking more about the actual events. As an example, I didn't realise the girls had been with others on the trail. Do they have photos?

That 2nd image is wrong, it looks like the same tree but I don't think it is. The first one seems to be right.

Its the same tree, it's just the angle that is different. The first pic is from the helicopter video which is lower than the Ariel pics from google eath

This thread is special. By the way, where are you from? Don't recognize the term "chippy".
Indiana but I guess it's a sports term. When players start talking crap to each other or getting pushy we call it getting chippy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

We don't know that the crime had even been committed when they were searching that first night, we don't have a time of death do we?
I think that now we are not talking about RL so much we are thinking more about the actual events. As an example, I didn't realise the girls had been with others on the trail. Do they have photos?

There was a search the day they were found. I'm unsure what time they began on the 14th but it seems reasonable to think it may have begun at first light. The girls were found, TTBOMK, approx 12:15 PM so I would think some evidence could've been destroyed by virtue of a search. IMO

That 2nd image is wrong, it looks like the same tree but I don't think it is. The first one seems to be right.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry I don't understand what you mean? That is the same distinct tree that Gray Hughes points out in his videos. The curve of the road is the same in both as well as the steepness of the bank. The water glistening in the bottom left corner of the the first picture is the creek. These all line up in both.

The angle is different because one is from google aerial view and the first one is taken from a lower perspective from rtv6 helicopter footage.

I wondered exactly where LE was in that photo and I recognized that tree so I google earthed it because it seemed a significant area so close to where the girls were found.

I wondered if that might have been the spot where the girls were to go "down the hill."

Attachments

• Libby%20and%20Abby%20croppedDelphi%20Murders%20crime%20scene%20flow%20-%20YouTube_-2140077944.jpg
    Libby%20and%20Abby%20croppedDelphi%20Murders%20crime%20scene%20flow%20-%20YouTube_-2140077944.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 464
  • croppedtreeincreek.png
    croppedtreeincreek.png
    410.5 KB · Views: 468
Were you thinking it's possible the girls were moved via boat after the search was called off the first night, Feb 13? Not sure that is what you mean at all or just someone familiar with fishing in the area?

I don't want to discount any plausible theory but it seems like moving the girls to within 50' of the creek when there had been a large search going on would be extremely risky. IMO

Both really. If a boat can navigate up there it would be a possibility and not leave much trace . A fisherman would be familiar with that fact is what I thought. Also, I saw a pic of a Delphi sign and bridge showing a boat on the river underneath. The pic may not have been Deer Creek so that was why I asked. Also nobody at that early stage suspected foul play, not even LE.

Jethro, you seem to have a very good grasp of facts related to this case. Do you know where the lights were focused the evening, and maybe subsequent evenings, after the girls were found on the 14th? I assumed they were focused on the portion of the creek and bank where Abby and Libby were located but would be curious if they illuminated the opposite side of the creek or elsewhere as well. TIA

I messed up and meant that the 1st image doesn't seem right. Where is the river?

I could be wrong.

If you look closely you can just see the creek glistening through the trees on the bottom left corner of the first picture. :fence:

If you look closely you can just see the creek glistening through the trees on the bottom left corner of the first picture. :fence:

Ok, I see what you mean and I stand corrected. Thank you for explaining.

Indiana but I guess it's a sports term. When players start talking crap to each other or getting pushy we call it getting chippy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I thought it meant chips of wood for the fireplace. :shame:

Both really. If a boat can navigate up there it would be a possibility and not leave much trace . A fisherman would be familiar with that fact is what I thought. Also, I saw a pic of a Delphi sign and bridge showing a boat on the river underneath. The pic may not have been Deer Creek so that was why I asked. Also nobody at that early stage suspected foul play, not even LE.

Take a look at this post from thread 29. It shows what is identified as Monon High Bridge and fishermen(?) in canoes(?).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-29&p=13232303#post13232303

Not sure if this has been posted, yet. Gray Hughes' latest video on YouTube, titled "Crime Scene Flow V.3: Tracing Libby and Abby's Steps". Another great contribution from GH, it includes footage by other sleuths and a stock video from MSM. It pretty much confirms what a lot of us thought early on, that the girls were off of the SE end of the bridge when the video was taken:

[video=youtube;DZzBCyLSI0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZzBCyLSI0E[/video]

For anyone who wants to look back..go to thread 21, page 83 and post1233. It will show the tan coloured picture of BG that someone had posted earlier. It is the one where it looks like he is wearing the hoodie up. I know you wondered about it and it may have been Jax that also asked about it. The colours had been changed in the photo.

Blue Amethyst, Oh gosh I totally forgot to go back and look at that! I spaced big time! :shame:

Well to me it seems the same as both regular pictures: the first one looks like no hood is on his head and the second looks like a hood is up. The second looks like a blurry mess (just like the real pic) and I still think that is why the hood looks up, making it look like one piece of material over the top of his head. Jmo

Take a look at this post from thread 29. It shows what is identified as Monon High Bridge and fishermen(?) in canoes(?).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-29&p=13232303#post13232303

The infrequent poster Criptonite said s/he is a local and often canoed in that creek as a young person, IIRC. I wish they'd pop back in so I can ask again how noisy the water in that creek may be in February. Rushing water can be pretty loud and I would guess it snows there so would there be runoff? Where does that creek start and terminate? So many questions.

"Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday afternoon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw."

What time did those friends leave? It's kind of strikes me odd that LE never referred to the last time the girls were seen by their friends? What time was that? How about where they left them and whether they gave any idea of where they were going to go next?

http://www.wthr.com/article/memorial-grows-as-police-continue-search-for-delphi-girls-killer

I really hope LE looked into all these folks that were with the girls. I had no idea they weren't alone. That opens up a world of possibilities.

I really think it's someone that's local. I really, really do.

Do we know if the girls were found closer to the creek or to the cemetary?

Edit: Also, is the vegetation this time of year full or sparse? In the videos the trees don't look like they have leaves so it doesn't seem like it'd be as easy to stay hidden, but I could be wrong.

The infrequent poster Criptonite said s/he is a local and often canoed in that creek as a young person, IIRC. I wish they'd pop back in so I can ask again how noisy the water in that creek may be in February. Rushing water can be pretty loud and I would guess it snows there so would there be runoff? Where does that creek start and terminate? So many questions.

Do you remember this video from before the girls were taken? It shows snow on the ground.

[video=youtube;y0MNncO9lLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0MNncO9lLs[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member